Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,060 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Nigerian Visa On Arrival? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Visa On Arrival? (3989 Views)

This Is What A Nigerian Visa Looks Like (PHOTO) / Lagos Airport: Immigration Imposes $90 Visa-on-arrival Charge On Foreigners / South African Woman Celebrates Her Nigerian Visa, Dances To Davido's "IF" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Visa On Arrival? by letraveler: 8:48pm On May 31, 2017
Hello friends,

I am a U.S. national in the U.S. visiting Nigeria for a short-term consultancy soon. I contacted the private company in charge of visa requests in the U.S., and they said it could take up to 15 business days to get a visa! I really don't have that kind of time.

I also saw on Nigeria's immigration website that there is a Visa on Arrival program. I believe I fulfill all the requirements for it. Trouble is that I've read some horror stories from a few years ago on the internet saying that visitors were turned away at the airports because immigration officials there did not even know VoA existed! Is this still the case? I ask because there are some recent news stories about liberalisation of the VoA process.

Tl;dr: is visa on arrival a real thing in Nigeria?

Many thanks!
Re: Nigerian Visa On Arrival? by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 31, 2017
letraveler:
Hello friends,

I am a U.S. national in the U.S. visiting Nigeria for a short-term consultancy soon. I contacted the private company in charge of visa requests in the U.S., and they said it could take up to 15 business days to get a visa! I really don't have that kind of time.

I also saw on Nigeria's immigration website that there is a Visa on Arrival program. I believe I fulfill all the requirements for it. Trouble is that I've read some horror stories from a few years ago on the internet saying that visitors were turned away at the airports because immigration officials there did not even know VoA existed! Is this still the case? I ask because there are some recent news stories about liberalisation of the VoA process.

Many thanks!

Don't do it. Nigeria is not an organized country. If you don't have everything you need before you get there, you are at the mercy of whoever is around you. The program doesn't work because the people's minds don't work. You are going to end up paying a big bribe and hate the day you ever got off the plane. Do everything correctly before you leave, so that you know you have ground to stand on once you travel. Also travel with someone if you can.
Re: Nigerian Visa On Arrival? by sholatech(m): 9:43pm On May 31, 2017
Visa on Arrival definitely works in Nigeria. Smoothly. You can get it on arrival at the airport. If you can get a trustworthy Nigerian or Immigration, he can also process voa from Nigeria & Scan to you before you depart USA. I believe the company inviting you for the consultancy IN Nigeria can process this for you
Re: Nigerian Visa On Arrival? by Nobody: 3:06am On Jun 01, 2017
sholatech:
Visa on Arrival definitely works in Nigeria. Smoothly. You can get it on arrival at the airport. If you can get a trustworthy Nigerian or Immigration, he can also process voa from Nigeria & Scan to you before you depart USA. I believe the company inviting you for the consultancy IN Nigeria can process this for you

The fact that you said she has to get a TRUSTWORTHY Nigerian is the problem. I wonder if you just want her to PM you as that trustworthy person. Op do not do this. Get your official visa before you leave.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Visa On Arrival? by drkay(m): 5:35am On Jun 01, 2017
I believe the company she's coming to consult can do it for her, otherwise she should perfect her papers before departing the US.
Re: Nigerian Visa On Arrival? by diportivo: 6:59am On Jun 01, 2017
the company here has to get an approval for your arrival

the approval will be scanned to you,and you will present same at the entry point

failure to do that,you would be turned back

approval before any other thing

its very very very easy,but not free
Re: Nigerian Visa On Arrival? by sholatech(m): 10:09am On Jun 01, 2017
You mean you didn't see the last sentence where I indicated the company hiring/using him/her can arrange the VOA? Damn, there are loads of trustworthy Nigerians-far more than the unscrupulous ones Pls
FortuneTeller:

The fact that you said she has to get a TRUSTWORTHY Nigerian is the problem. I wonder if you just want her to PM you as that trustworthy person. Op do not do this. Get your official visa before you leave.
Re: Nigerian Visa On Arrival? by GoldCircle: 11:18am On Jun 01, 2017
Hey! I'm a Nigerian. Better get your docs right before you step foot in this country. The immigration will make a meal out of you if there's something not quite right with your travel documents. IMO 15 business days isn't too much. You could have started the visa application process earlier.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Visa On Arrival? by godash(m): 10:43pm On May 19, 2018
Bump!

Wanting to find out how this Visa on Arrival process works in ~mid 2018. Is it only available to those coming over for some business in Nigeria or to visitors/tourists as well?

Anyone with an end-to-end experience to share will be appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Visa On Arrival? by Fadelex(m): 5:56am On May 23, 2018
godash:
Bump!

Wanting to find out how this Visa on Arrival process works in ~mid 2018. Is it only available to those coming over for some business in Nigeria or to visitors/tourists as well?

Anyone with an end-to-end experience to share will be appreciated.
visa on arrival works very well in Nigeria especially for those that couldn't get their visa because of time constraints. your host in Nigeria will apply for you where you'll be required to send
1. data page of your passport
2. your ticket

your host (could be a company or individual) will also stand as a guarantor. note that this is strictly for visiting or business purpose. the approval takes like 3days with 10k. it can be faxed over to you and you'll present it at the airport. you'll pay a visa fee of $195 at the airport.
Re: Nigerian Visa On Arrival? by Uzorvip: 8:21am On Dec 10, 2018
letraveler:
Hello friends,

Many thanks!

There are two ways of applying for the Nigeria visa on arrival.
1. Through the Nigeria online visa application portal.
2. Through your host or an agent residing in Nigeria
Applying through an agent in Nigeria is usually the best as visa applicants have consistently complained of frequent delays while applying through the online portal. Agents however, will be able to cut through the bureaucracies and facilitate the entire process. Send an email to assist@travelvisa.ng. They can help with this.
https://travelvisa.ng/nigeria-visa-on-arrival-how-to-apply-for-visa-on-arrival-in-nigeria/
Re: Nigerian Visa On Arrival? by propertycheck: 8:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
Visapaper can actually get you a Nigeria visa on arrival with ease. Contact them.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Among Intelligent Cities In The World - Time Magazine / The Berom People In Jos? / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - F1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.