Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,992 members, 7,863,549 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:55 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1047) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6034426 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 2:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
xwolverine:

So you can't afford to train more pilots or can't keep more than 10 jets active because of costs?? Whichever one you like, just pick one

All 24 Gripens are active, it's called rotational flying. Yes our budget is constrained because...

- We operate and maintain 70+ helicopters
- 48 jet engines
- 4 Frigates
- 3 Submarines
- Hundreds of IFVs
- Thousands of APCs
- Engineers that are paid at market standard otherwise they leave.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
ActivateKruger:

[s]No dude, you deployed trainers that can't even do CAS, it's just a toy that drops free-fall bombs.

Let's do the math again. We can deploy

- 10 Gripens
- 10 Rooivalks
- 20 BAE Hawks

Now do you want me show how that rape.s the Nigerian airspace? [/s]

Unrealistic Dream.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 2:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Let me see, we have a bigger Airforce budget than you, we have more flying machines than you. We have 60+ flying helicopters, 48 operational jets... According to your logic they fly on their own... Again, that would be an amazing achievement.

You have bigger budget to buy HIV vaccines and other non military related stuff.

Tell us what you've done or bought with the budget?

Where is the training you've conducted?

You still send pilots to Cuba for basic military training.

Big budget ko.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
FREMM fregate , moroccan Navy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 2:35pm On Mar 26, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Let me see, we have a bigger Airforce budget than you, we have more flying machines than you. We have 60+ flying helicopters, 48 operational jets... According to your logic they fly on their own... Again, that would be an amazing achievement.

You have bigger budget to buy HIV vaccines and other non military related stuff.

Big budget lies does equal what was actually spent.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
xwolverine:

Can you afford it.....crickets...

We deployed 4 Gripens armed with AA missiles followed by a C130 with drop-bombs into Zambia in just hours.... You brag deploying an Alpha trainer that can't even target an track a Toyota Hulux.

We have the largest state budget in SSA, if parliament declared war outside South Africa, the National Treasury makes it available.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
iblawi:

South Africans are dull and they will never stop dreaming.

Despite all the training they could only produce 6 qualified gripen pilots to face such coalition. If you give them the opportunity they will still tell you how many hundred planes they will shoot down with those pilots even though they crash helicopters chasing common poachers.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 2:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
tdayof:
Unrealistic Dream.

I know, it sounds like witchcraft to you. Your mind can't handle the numbers. cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 26, 2017
guys let return to posting pics wink ,

Su-30Mk2, Ouganda air force

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
Mi 26 T2 , Algeria AF

Mi 171 SH

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 2:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
iblawi:

Debunked - 18% infection rate, ARV's supplied by Department of Health

iblawi:

239 of the most advanced IFV's in Africa
2 New OPV's
2 New IPV's
Plus 24 other acquisition projects at various stages of completion - from new Air-defence systems, to armored bulldozers, to radios for the whole SANDF to upgrades to the frigates to fire-engines for the airforce
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=44649&catid=74&Itemid=30

Or spending over two billion rand on upgrading our 2 military hospitals
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32153:major-upgrade-underway-at-2-military-hospital&catid=111:sa-defence
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46909:just-on-a-billion-rand-needed-to-make-1-mil-fully-operational-again&catid=111:sa-defence&Itemid=242

iblawi:

You mean apart from the biggest exercise in S.S.A?
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40390:exercise-young-eagle-ensures-sandf-is-combat-ready&catid=111:sa-defence&Itemid=242

Or sending a frigate up to train in Germany? Or our usual in-house exercises?

iblawi:

And you send pilots to South Africa to train
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=43789&catid=74&Itemid=30

I just cant even

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 3:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
Back to pics guys.
Be very afraid. It's armed to the core grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
I've tried to remain inaccessible to these frequent Naij/SA quarrels. Obviously that tactic of remaining silent hoping for peace has failed. In other words TIME FOR THE TRUTH!
These continuous crying fits and hysterics are caused by Naijjans confronted by the dual reality of the woeful operational and financial state of their armed forces.
This is worsened by pix of Grips,Ratels,Oryx and various other RSA weapons systems symptomatic of operational readiness and forward financial planning.
Naijjans, be mad at those who put you in this state. Ok,hate me now!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
ActivateKruger:
Back to pics guys.

Be very afraid. It's armed to the core grin
hey man! we've had enough of your lies for today.please reserve some for tomorrow.

southie military having 40 or 60 helicopters is a joke
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Wasn't it you guys who championed experience over better training? Didn't you cheer for the notion that current NAF has more experience than the current SAAF?

Now I showed you where experience was triumphed by better training so stop crying fowl.
very funny.
training has no Hand in the Iraqi war.
its was the coalitions share number n as usual embargo and sanctions

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2017
pacretus:
hey man! we've had enough of your lies for today.please reserve some for tomorrow.

southie military having 40 or 60 helicopters is a joke

- 39 Operational Denel Orxy (from 46)
- 29 Operational Augusta AW109 (from 30)
- 11 Operational Rooivalks (from 12)
- 6 Operational BK117s
- 4 Super Lynx

89 operational helicopters in the SAAF.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
kikuyu1:
I've tried to remain inaccessible to these frequent Naij/SA quarrels. Obviously that tactic of remaining silent hoping for peace has failed. In other words TIME FOR THE TRUTH!
These continuous crying fits and hysterics are caused by Naijjans confronted by the dual reality of the woeful operational and financial state of their armed forces.
This is worsened by pix of Grips,Ratels,Oryx and various other RSA weapons systems symptomatic of operational readiness and forward financial planning.

You're a nincompoop.

As a Nigerian, I have shared 3 X more military photos in this thread from South-Africa, than all the South-Africans combined. This means for every 1 photo shared by any individual from South-African since I started this thread, I have shared 3.

Remember this any other time you feel like making an idiotic comment.

The quality and depths of the Nigerian military gives me so much joy, we are more than adequately equipped for the threats we face. We have been carrying out strike missions since the 1960's, also remember this when another idiotic moment crosses your mind.

The South-African military is a poorly funded, poorly equipped, poorly trained, poorly motivated military that cannot fulfil it's defence obligations. An air force that constantly has to beg SAA for pilots, unable to train any decent compliment of fighter pilots and cannot afford the munitions it claims to make.

No Sir, Nigerians who actually know the SANDF are not envious. I like to see good photos , however with the amount of open source information I've seen and shared on the SANDF, doesn't leave anything to be desired of the Defence Force.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 6:36pm On Mar 26, 2017
Henry240:

You're a nincompoop.

As a Nigerian, I have shared 3 X more military photos in this thread from South-Africa, than all the South-Africans combined. This means for every 1 photo shared by any individual from South-African since I started this thread, I have shared 3.

The quality and depths of the Nigerian military gives me so much joy, we are more than adequately equipped for the threats we face. We have been carrying out strike missions since the 1960's, also remember this when another idiotic moment crosses your mind.

The South-African military is a poorly funded, poorly equipped, poorly trained, poorly motivated military that cannot fulfil it's defence obligations. An air force that constantly has to beg SAA for pilots, unable to train any decent compliment of fighter pilots and cannot afford the munitions it claims to make.

No Sir, Nigerians who actually know the SANDF are not envious. I like to see good photos , however with the amount of open source information I've seen and shared on the SANDF, doesn't leave anything to be desired of the Defence Force.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 7:03pm On Mar 26, 2017
Henry240:

You're a nincompoop.

No,nigga. I admit I've had my differences with Safricans,but its a free forum nor a collective of cheerleaders so I hold my peace even when bs is passed off as truth.
You've tried to disguise your real moniker but you tell on yourself repeatedly in two ways
:you make declarative statements so ignorant I wish my dog was a poster so I could read smth sensible. The SA forces are "poorly equipped/trained/funded/motivated?"
REALLY,NIGGA??! ARE YOU FVUCKING HIGH?! Why don't you for once bring in open source info so we can compare the Naij/RSA/Kenya spend per soldier? In all your rants you've never done this-WHY;yet you insist on such simplistic,actually child like assertions.
That you continue such posts convinces me you're the unlamented Augustine from that abortion of a thread. Like you he passed off emotion as fact ,a deeply feminine trait. Like you he had no idea of tactical doctrines plucked from the net he loved to spout and had an autistics knowledge of proper nomenclature he'd show off to impress newbies.
Though in your latest avatar you've tried to disguise your true self it still shows a juvenile showboating still persists.
If you're not Agu do this: present a KDF/Naij/RSA defence budget analysis. 2015,2016 or 2017 will do. This will show average spend per soldier and allow us not YOU to decide whos underfunded.
Do that before more pic spam.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
giles14:
very funny.
training has no Hand in the Iraqi war.
its was the coalitions share number n as usual embargo and sanctions

This is what I've been pointing out all these while.

I finally gave up because I've got more productive things to do.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 7:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
ActivateKruger:

No dude, you deployed trainers that can't even do CAS, it's just a toy that drops free-fall bombs.

Let's do the math again. We can deploy

- 10 Gripens
- 10 Rooivalks
- 20 BAE Hawks

Now do you want me show how that rape.s the Nigerian airspace?

where will u deploy dem I.e which country will host ur attack on Nigeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 7:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
TrueHeart365:
it's funny that Nigerians are being decieved that we have the infrastructure to counter a conventional air threat.

we are just lucky to be surrounded by poor countries.

dropping bombs on insurgents with zero air defence capabilities is totally different from fighting a conventional air threat.

hate to break it to you but for the sake of passing the right info to those who actually are here to learn, our rolands(God knows if they still function) that haven't seen recent upgrade, our outdated ARADU(if not stripped already) and manpads is not worth bragging about. a decent airforce with 4th generation aircrafts will stroll in our airspace with ease.

only few countries in africa can brag of adequate air defence systems and SA and Nigeria are none

but here, who wants the truth when we can keep decieving ourselves and laugh over itgrin.
pls go to bed.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
kikuyu1:

No,nigga. I admit I've had my differences with Safricans,but its a free forum nor a collective of cheerleaders so I hold my peace even when bs is passed off as truth.
You've tried to disguise your real moniker but you tell on yourself repeatedly in two ways
:you make declarative statements so ignorant I wish my dog was a poster so I could read smth sensible. The SA forces are "poorly equipped/trained/funded/motivated?"
REALLY,NIGGA??! ARE YOU FVUCKING HIGH?! Why don't you for once bring in open source info so we can compare the Naij/RSA/Kenya spend per soldier? In all your rants you've never done this-WHY;yet you insist on such simplistic,actually child like assertions.
That you continue such posts convinces me you're the unlamented Augustine from that abortion of a thread. Like you he passed off emotion as fact ,a deeply feminine trait. Like you he had no idea of tactical doctrines plucked from the net he loved to spout and had an autistics knowledge of proper nomenclature he'd show off to impress newbies.
Though in your latest avatar you've tried to disguise your true self it still shows a juvenile showboating still persists.
If you're not Agu do this: present a KDF/Naij/RSA defence budget analysis. 2015,2016 or 2017 will do. This will show average spend per soldier and allow us not YOU to decide whos underfunded.
Do that before more pic spam.

hey bro kdf is the odd one out just don't bring her here.!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
all we ever here about Kenya is "biggest economy in east Africa"

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 7:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
kikuyu1:

POC, it's Nigerians no Naijjans.

Secondly the pictures of Gripens doesn't do f@ck all if there's no one to fly them.

And no one is mad at you or South Africans, people are calling you out when you pass off hear says as facts.

Common sense is buying platforms you can afford to sustain, and not B*tch about reasons why you can't train more pilots.

Thirdly, no one has complained about the financial state of the Nigerian armed forces, we buy what we need and can maintain.

Finally latching onto arguements between two people to take sides when you have no clue about what's been discussed makes you look like someone suffering from a chronic case of lalochezia makes you look slow-witted. Likely lurking in shadows with a vengeful plot, waiting for the opportunity to strike... Unfortunately this is not that time

Now run along

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 7:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
Patchesagain:

You realize we used to operate 70+ Mirages right?
Holy sh1t bro, what are budgets and how do they work?
say I get am before no be property. we also once had 18 Jaguar jet, and 25+ mig 21 interceptors

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 7:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
Patchesagain:

You realize we used to operate 70+ Mirages right?
Holy sh1t bro, what are budgets and how do they work?
say I get am before no be property. we also once had 18 Jaguar jet, and 25+ mig 21 interceptors

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 7:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
ActivateKruger:

- 39 Operational Denel Orxy (from 46) - 29 Operational Augusta AW109 (from 30) - 11 Operational Rooivalks (from 12) - 6 Operational BK117s - 4 Super Lynx
89 operational helicopters in the SAAF.
who cares about your figures,
i need official figures.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 7:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
iblawi:

South Africans are dull and they will never stop dreaming.

Despite all the training they could only produce 6 qualified gripen pilots to face such coalition. If you give them the opportunity they will still tell you how many hundred planes they will shoot down with those pilots even though they crash helicopters chasing common poachers.
u dey mind dem.

people wey we contribute money save wan dey talk shit.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 7:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
pacretus:

i need official figures.

Let me give you some figures too.

As of November 2016, nigeria has over 42 Mi-24/35/17/171sh helicopters in service.. And they are all "weaponized" wink wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
giles14:
where will u deploy dem I.e which country will host ur attack on Nigeria.

We are not interested in attacking Nigeria or any country, the list is to show you how much firepower can be projected to your airspace because you seem to think we lack the capabilities.

Without a host country, we can still project

- 5 Rooivalks + 1 EW Oryx (on the SAS Drakensburg and the Valour Class Frigates)
- 128 Umkhonto SAMs (Minimum)
- 32 ship-to-ship missiles (Minimum)
- 20 Air to Air Missiles (Minimum)

To any costal country including yours... Do you wish to know how much damage that could do?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
pacretus:

i need official figures.

These are the official figures, if you have any problem with them then go dig your own figures. I don't have time for your rubbish.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
ActivateKruger:

We are not interested in attacking Nigeria or any country, the list is to show you how much firepower can be projected to your airspace because you seem to think we lack the capabilities.

Without a host country, we can still project

- 5 Rooivalks + 1 EW Oryx (on the SAS Drakensburg and the Valour Class Frigates)
- 128 Umkhonto SAMs (Minimum)
- 32 ship-to-ship missiles (Minimum)
- 20 Air to Air Missiles (Minimum)

To any costal country including yours... Do you wish to know how much damage that could do?

But you can't afford it..stop passing off hypothetical figures as facts.. It's still wishful thinking.

We can start talking when you've got more than 8 pilots.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.