Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,005 members, 7,866,815 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:08 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1048) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6039631 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) ... (2855) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
kikuyu1:

[s]No,nigga. I admit I've had my differences with Safricans,but its a free forum nor a collective of cheerleaders so I hold my peace even when bs is passed off as truth.
You've tried to disguise your real moniker but you tell on yourself repeatedly in two ways
:you make declarative statements so ignorant I wish my dog was a poster so I could read smth sensible. The SA forces are "poorly equipped/trained/funded/motivated?"
REALLY,NIGGA??! ARE YOU FVUCKING HIGH?! Why don't you for once bring in open source info so we can compare the Naij/RSA/Kenya spend per soldier? In all your rants you've never done this-WHY;yet you insist on such simplistic,actually child like assertions.
That you continue such posts convinces me you're the unlamented Augustine from that abortion of a thread. Like you he passed off emotion as fact ,a deeply feminine trait. Like you he had no idea of tactical doctrines plucked from the net he loved to spout and had an autistics knowledge of proper nomenclature he'd show off to impress newbies.
Though in your latest avatar you've tried to disguise your true self it still shows a juvenile showboating still persists.
If you're not Agu do this: present a KDF/Naij/RSA defence budget analysis. 2015,2016 or 2017 will do. This will show average spend per soldier and allow us not YOU to decide whos underfunded.
Do that before more pic spam.
[/s]

The Nincompoop thinks I'm Agaugust. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
I'll just leave this here.

The poster contains the most up to date information available about the exact aircraft numbers and types assigned to each squadron, and includes only aircraft and systems that are either in active service or airworthy and in ready reserve. That’s why for instance we have listed only 8 C-130BZs, not 9.
https://www.africandefence.net/aircraft-of-the-south-african-air-force/

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
kikuyu1:
I've tried to remain inaccessible to these frequent Naij/SA quarrels. Obviously that tactic of remaining silent hoping for peace has failed. In other words TIME FOR THE TRUTH!
These continuous crying fits and hysterics are caused by Naijjans confronted by the dual reality of the woeful operational and financial state of their armed forces.
This is worsened by pix of Grips,Ratels,Oryx and various other RSA weapons systems symptomatic of operational readiness and forward financial planning.
Naijjans, be mad at those who put you in this state. Ok,hate me now!!

Showdown! you guys should stop this bickering.

Those guys comparing Iraqi airforce with the COALITION during the Operation DEsert Storm should understand that Saddam Hussein while fearing his Airforce (because the Iraqi Airforce has a history of disobedience and rebellion) told them to bury their jets or send them over to Iran. HE WARNED THEM NOT TO FIGHT, BELIEVING THAT THE US CIA HAS BRIBED THEM

Personally I believe that the iraqis could really hurt the Coalition if they wanted to, as of then the Iraq military was the best in middle east and some of Europe.

ANYWAY MOVING ON...
we all know that NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES AND THE SOUTH AFRICAN ARMED FORCES ARE HIGHLY EQUIPPED FOR THEIR CURRENT THREATS.

South africa is burdened with having the busiest sealanes in the world so as such she requires real naval muscles vis her frigates.

Nigeria is saddled with pirates in her coast so she has sufficient OPVs as required.

THE PROBLEM IN YOUR ARGUMENT IS THAT YOU GUYS ARENT ASKING THE RIGHT QUESTION.

What about tomorrows crises or conflict?

YES NIGERIA has enough systems to cover todays war marginally what about TOMORROW?

our south african brothers has enough firepower to quench any threat now and tomorrow. that is a forward way of thinking it shows sound planning.

both our armed forces took an oath to protect our countries constitution and integrity from both EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL THREATS. the difference between us and the south africans, algerians, morrocans, egyptian, sudanese, tunisians is that THEY WENT FURTHER TO REINFORCE THEIR DEFENCE While we feel comfortable to sit and dwell in our current posture.

SOME people here feels like they are more 'patriotic' than others forgetting that 'patriotism' cannot be quantified. at the end of the day whether GOOD or BAD its on us.

THERES ALWAYS 3 SIDES TO A STORY; YOUR SIDE, MY SIDE AND THE TRUTH.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 7:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
giles14:
pls go to bed.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 7:53pm On Mar 26, 2017
lionel4power:

Those guys comparing Iraqi airforce with the COALITION during the Operation DEsert Storm should understand that Saddam Hussein while fearing his Airforce (because the Iraqi Airforce has a history of disobedience and rebellion) told them to bury their jets or send them over to Iran. HE WARNED THEM NOT TO FIGHT, BELIEVING THAT THE US CIA HAS BRIBED THEM

Personally I believe that the iraqis could really hurt the Coalition if they wanted to, as of then the Iraq military was the best in middle east and some of Europe.

ANYWAY MOVING ON...
we all know that NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES AND THE SOUTH AFRICAN ARMED FORCES ARE HIGHLY EQUIPPED FOR THEIR CURRENT THREATS.

South africa is burdened with having the busiest sealanes in the world so as such she requires real naval muscles vis her frigates.

Nigeria is saddled with pirates in her coast so she has sufficient OPVs as required.

YES NIGERIA has enough systems to cover todays war marginally what about TOMORROW?

our south african brothers has enough firepower to quench any threat now and tomorrow. that is a forward way of thinking it shows sound planning.

both our armed forces took an oath to protect our countries constitution and integrity from both EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL THREATS. the difference between us and the south africans, algerians, morrocans, egyptian, sudanese, tunisians is that THEY WENT FURTHER TO REINFORCE THEIR DEFENCE While we feel comfortable to sit and dwell in our current posture.

SOME people here feels like they are more 'patriotic' than others forgetting that 'patriotism' cannot be quantified. at the end of the day whether GOOD or BAD its on us.

be careful before the ignorant @henry's d1ckriders start to call you names for being logical rather than reason with emotions.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 7:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
Henry240:

The Nincompoop thinks I'm Agaugust. grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is a video and picture thread ONLY! If you are going to debate at least do it based on facts and respect for each other. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
lionel4power:

ANYWAY MOVING ON...

Does anyone have any opinion on whether any African country can either deter or defend itself from aggression from a first world country?Like one from Europe?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
TrueHeart365:

be careful before the ignorant @henry's d1ckriders start to call you names for being logical rather than reason with emotions.

stop the insults bro.

you are better

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
ActivateKruger:

We are not interested in attacking Nigeria or any country, the list is to show you how much firepower can be projected to your airspace because you seem to think we lack the capabilities.

Without a host country, we can still project

- 5 Rooivalks + 1 EW Oryx (on the SAS Drakensburg and the Valour Class Frigates)
- 128 Umkhonto SAMs (Minimum)
- 32 ship-to-ship missiles (Minimum)
- 20 Air to Air Missiles (Minimum)

To any costal country including yours... Do you wish to know how much damage that could do?
yes I would like to know.

u will be surprise wot our response would like.

if ur powerful n innovative white rulers couldn't do it den .na now una wan try am.

wen we hit u wot happened to chad will b child's play
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
Tinfoil:

Does anyone have any opinion on whether any African country can either deter or defend itself from aggression from a first world country?Like one from Europe?
Egypt, Algeria, South Africa can defend against ANY European country on their soil.

anything short of using NUKES

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 8:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
lionel4power:
stop the insults bro.

you are better

actually, it wasn't an insult. this nonsense Nigerians keep starting here has become so annoying.

i'm surprised that henry that seems to be intelligent could brag about this threaad going global(something i give him credit for) yet didn't realise it's time this thread is kept clean at least most of the time and avoid unnecesarry arguments instead of cheering on his derailment squad and sometimes starting the whole thing.

hope he adds this traits to his resume toogrin.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
Henry240:

The South-African military is a poorly funded, poorly equipped, poorly trained, poorly motivated military that cannot fulfil it's defence obligations. An air force that constantly has to beg SAA for pilots, unable to train any decent compliment of fighter pilots and cannot afford the munitions it claims to make.

There we go, the Nollywood Witch Mother Syndrome (NWMS)

Poorly equipped looks like this?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
ActivateKruger:

There we go, the Nollywood Witch Mother Syndrome (NWMS)

Poorly equipped looks like this?
I wish we were poorly equipped too like that.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
xwolverine:

But you can't afford it..stop passing off hypothetical figures as facts.. It's still wishful thinking.

We can start talking when you've got more than 8 pilots.

So what's the number? 6? 10? 8?

I can tell you one thing, only 2 Gripen pilots can run Air Supremacy in your airspace.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 8:17pm On Mar 26, 2017
lionel4power:
Egypt, Algeria, South Africa can defend against ANY European country on their soil.

I agree with that. But nukes are too complex and cost a lot.

How about a bio weapons. They are cheap to develop because there are a lot of commercial kits that are easily available, there are a lot of diseases in Africa that non Africans have no natural immunity to, you don't have to directly attack a target country because the bioweapon can be unleashed on the neighboring country and would still be effective,..... I was thinking of something like smallpoxes' African cousin monkeypox because if weaponized it would be lethal like smallpox >90% death rate and is species jumping and would kill also livestock
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 26, 2017
Oldies , Mig 25 1985 , Algerian AF

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
Tinfoil:

How about a bio weapons. They are cheap to develop because there are a lot of commercial kits that are easily available, there are a lot of diseases in Africa that non Africans have no natural immunity to, you don't have to directly attack a target country because the bioweapon can be unleashed on the neighboring country and would still be effective,..... I was thinking of something like smallpoxes' African cousin monkeypox because if weaponized it would be lethal like smallpox >90% death rate and is species jumping and would kill also livestock
Bio weapons falls under the Chemical Weapons
Convention ( CWC )
As of April 2016, 192 states have
given their consent to be bound
by the CWC. Israel has signed
but not ratified the agreement,
while three other UN member
states (Egypt, North Korea and
South Sudan) have neither
signed nor acceded to the
treaty.

Most recently,
Angola deposited its instrument
of accession to the CWC on 16
September 2015.

As of October 2016, about 93%
of the world's declared stockpile
of chemical weapons had been
destroyed.

if you use chemical or bio weapons on anybody the wrait of the UN that will fall on you will be so great that you would wish you used nukes instead. by the way weaponising it is as complex as developing nukes.

also forget what we watch in movies, bio weapons are not usually fast acting, if you deploy a bio weapon today, before it spreads to alarming proportion could take months if not years. it cannot be used tactically.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
My gosh !
What's happening here ?
What's all these ignorance ?
I am tempted to address some uninformed comments here but won't do so
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
Airborne360:
My gosh ! What's happening here ? What's all these ignorance ? I am tempted to address some uninformed comments here but won't do so
say your mind after all we are all learning here
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
Open doors for scout child , algerian air defense ,

models of SA-2 , ZU 23 and algerians with black skin grin )

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 8:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nigerians and south Africans again on the quarrel. Lets post pictures and not words. Each military has his or her own draw backs. Lets take a look at both armed forces.
First the SAAF vs the NAF; The SAAF is potent enough to wipe out any treat posed by the Nigerian air force, the Nigerian air force does not have any SAM system which can pose a treat to the SAAF,the capacity of the SAAF to transports its troops is amazing when you put in place all the transport aircraft and helicopters owned by the SAAF. Lastly the trained and seasoned engineers which the SAAF has as compared to the Nigerians but where the NAF comes in is the lessons learnt from the war with BOKO HARAM which has provided its air force with good training and much needed know how in Counter insurgency operations which I guess the SAAF lacks.
Secondly the Land forces of both countries, The south Africans are well equipped with State of the art equipment and proper training but compared to the Nigerians, who have been in battle for the past years.This has given their land forces seasoned training and know how which the South Africans lack and this can be a game changer in battle because the Nigerians are now far more prepared in land than any military in the region.
Thirdly the south African navy VS the Nigerian Navy, sincerely am trying to be objective as much as possible but the South African Navy beats the Nigerian Navy Hands down in any Naval Battle. Their Valour Class Frigates and Herione Class of submarines are far ahead of what the Nigerian navy has in its arsenals. The South Africans can impose a complete naval blockade on the Nigerians if need be due to their ability to project its naval forces to the detriment of the Nigerians who lack any reliable coastal defense ability in terms of missiles and radar. The Nigerian possess some anti submarine abilities with the presence of their ATR 42 Maritime patrol aircraft but this is offset with the Valour class Frigates anti-aircraft abilities like the Umkhonto-IR Block 2 missiles for aerial denial.
Lastly a very important point which is not to be neglected is the fact that the South Africans can rely on national production for their military equipment's from companies such as Denel and others. This Factor is important because in a conflict Nigeria would have to depend on imports which can be cut of due to some reasons or the other.
I have tired to be as objective as possible. am not a Nigerian nor a south African so guys lets just forget about this and post pictures smiley smiley smiley smiley wink wink wink wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
lionel4power:

are u sure?
last I checked 90% of their weapons are from European countries.

u can ask Argentina how useless their weapons became wen France choice to help GB with some weapon secret.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
fabselad:
Nigerians and south Africans again on the quarrel. Lets post pictures and not words. Each military has his or her own draw backs. Lets take a look at both militaries.
First the SAAF vs the NAF; The SAAF is potent enough to wipe out any treat posed by the Nigerian air force, the Nigerian air force does not have any SAM system which can pose a treat to the SAAF,the capacity of the SAAF to transports its troops is amazing when you put in place all the transport aircraft and helicopters owned by the SAAF and lastly the trained and seasoned ene gineers which the SAAF has as compared to the Nigerians but where the NAF comes in is its the lessons it has learnt from the war with BOKO HARAM which has provided its air force with good training and much know how in Counter insurgency operations which I guess the SAAF lacks.
Secondly the Land forces of both countries, The south Africans are well equipped with State if the art equipment and proper training but compared to the Nigerians who have been in battle for the past years which has given their land forces seasoned training and know how which the South Africans lack can be a game changer in battle because the nigerians are now far more prepared in land than any military in the region.
Thirdly the south African navy VS the Nigerian Navy, sincerely am trying to be objective as possible but the South African Navy beats the Nigerian Navy Hands down in any Naval Battle. Their Valour Class Frigates and Herione Class of submarines are far ahead of what the Nigerian navy has in its arsenal. The South Africans can impose a complete naval blockade on the Nigerians if need be due to their ability to project its forces since the Nigerians lack any reliable coastal defense ability in terms of missiles and radar. The Nigerian possess some anti submarine abilities with the presence of their ATR 42 Maritime patrol aircraft but with the presence of the Valour class Frigates which has anti-aircraft abilities with the Umkhonto-IR Block 2 misiles for aerial denial.
Lastly a very important point which is the fact that the South Africans can rely on national production for their military equipments from companies such as Denel etc. This Factor is important because in a conflict nigeria would have to depend on imports which can be cut of due to some reasons or the other.
I have tired to be as objective as possible. am not a nigerian nor a south african so guys lets just forget abt this and post pictures smiley smiley smiley smiley wink wink wink wink
objective and straight forward. kudoZ

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 26, 2017
lionel4power:

THERES ALWAYS 3 SIDES TO A STORY; YOUR SIDE, MY SIDE AND THE ever elusive TRUTH.

wink wink wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
Tinfoil:

if a nation wants to commit suicide by using it as a weapon then yes go ahead.

also weapon grade biological agents r very very difficult to make more complex than nukes becz of containment, antidote , refining issues etc.

and the big problem is in controlling its oxidation life otherwise it will decimate the attacker too.

also the P5 will collectively and completely nuke the country including the terror org who released the bio weapon

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
giles14:
are u sure?
last I checked 90% of their weapons are from European countries.

u can ask Argentina how useless their weapons became wen France choice to help GB with some weapon secret.
FIRST
every successful military has a good military industrial complex.

all countries I mentioned above has excellent home grown indigenous weapons design and manufacturing industries.

SECONDLY, during the falkland war the argentines country was in shambles. there were massive curroption, incompetence and lack of any worthy infrastructure.

THE FALKLAND WAR WAS FOUGHT JUST TO IMPROVE MORALS IN THE COUNTRY AND DEFLECT ATTENTION FROM THE USELESS MILITARY JUNTA RUINING THE COUNTRY.
ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT THE FALKLAND WAR WAS FOUGHT NOT BECAUSE OF THE ISLAND BUT BECAUSE THE MILITARY JUNTA WANTED TO DEFLECT ATTENTION FROM ITSELF AND BUILD NATIONAL PRIDE AT THE SAME TIME, AFTER THE WAR THE JUNTAS WAS DESPOSED IMMEDIATELY.[\b]

assuming the arges were [b]well equipped and prepared
they would have giving the brits a good beating.
THITRDLY, france helped both side during the war, although most of their shipment was intercepted by the brits.

LOOK ITS BETTER TO HAVE SOMETHING AND NOT NEED IT THAN TO NEED SOMETHING AND NOT HAVE IT

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
Great to see @Henry240 butchering his own thread again!! You must be so proud!!...........Anyway i don't mind, pretty entertaining if you ask me!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
Exercise Obangame photos

Benin republic sailors

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 26, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
Cameroun navy Maritime Awareness Domain System

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 26, 2017
AMISOM, Somalia

Nigeria Police

AMISOM Chief Of Staff, from the Nigerian police addressing new IPOs from Ghana and Kenya.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 26, 2017

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1045) (1046) (1047) (1048) (1049) (1050) (1051) ... (2855) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.