Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:05 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029936 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:09am On May 12, 2017
61mech:
"We

Instead of going round in circles, let us agree to disagree.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:09am On May 12, 2017
61mech:
"We have a situation where there is a gradual erosion of the cathodic material used in preserving the gun"
What on gods green earth are you talking about ?
I work in the marine industry. Cathodes are used UNDER the waterline as sacrificial material for corrosion. Doesn't work in air.

Old doesnt mean anything if a gun is well looked after. That's a CIS50 from Singapore produced in the late 80's. We still used 12.7 and 1919 browning receivers from WW2 in the SADF ! We used Vickers guns on the range at times. Those guns made it through WW2 and we still had them in inventory in the 90's. They looked like museum pieces, because they were looked after meticulously for decades.

Have another look at the pic. Look closely at the ammo bin holder on the mount. It actually has pitting in the metal. They tried to cover it up with paint. The only time I've ever seen a MG look like that it came from a cash that was buried in mud for God knows how long.

I still don't understand your argument about the salt air. How is that preventing him from cleaning it ? That boat doesn't enough carry fuel to patrol out for days.
As for the barrel, I suspect that they only remove it for cleaning as it's easier to do. That's why it looks in better shape than the receiver. Barrels are also made from different blends of steel, for obvious reasons, that makes them last longer.

I can only speak for the SADF/SANDF,but I would get brought up on orders if I or anyone I commanded returned a weapon in that state. Zero excuses.
No different than anyone who damages expensive equipment because of negligence.

Anyone who's served in any military would tell you that the state of a units gear is a good indicator of its leadership,training and morale. No matter how old it is. Hell I could tell you if a Bn. has its sh!t squared away by looking at the state of the guard gate.

Yeah that weapon is needs returen to the work shop.

What i dont know is why they do t use the browning 12.7. That weapon never fails, i mean it one of the most dependable weapons out there.

But i still think it is a ship issue not a fleet issue.

I all so think they dont keep the guns coverd when not useing them. That would explain the rust.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:11am On May 12, 2017
Henry240:

Instead of going round in circles, let us agree to disagree.

Sorry that gun is rusted baddly. The gun crew is not doing there job.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:21am On May 12, 2017
Nigerian Police Anti-terror drill

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:27am On May 12, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:05am On May 12, 2017
trying to join kenya administration police is not a joke

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 7:28am On May 12, 2017
andrewza:

Sorry that gun is rusted baddly. The gun crew is not doing there job.
No matter how we try to put it, the fact simply is no soldier should allow any form of rust on his weapon. Moreover, there could be rust not just outside the gun but inside too. It is any soldier worst nightmare for his/her gun to break down in the heat of battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kU0XCVey_U
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:36am On May 12, 2017
newafricaken254:
trying to join kenya administration police is not a joke

The ones who pass and eventually become policemen get plenty of respect in their communities. (I'm not even trolling).
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:56am On May 12, 2017
Xbee007:

No matter how we try to put it, the fact simply is no soldier should allow any form of rust on his weapon. Moreover, there could be rust not just outside the gun but inside too. It is any soldier worst nightmare for his/her gun to break down in the heat of battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kU0XCVey_U

I am not to worried about surface rust on the barrel but when i saw the full weapon it is scary. That thing could jam or worse have a catastrophic malfunction.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 9:31am On May 12, 2017
Thats a veeery wrong Opinion bro.....Never underestimate your enemy...its a mistake you may never recover from

chkil0:

its a thorny subject and out of the thread subject , so i will give only my opinion without Opening a debate ,

for me most important in case of war is the United state of america position ! without US ( Intervention, aerial bridge of weapons, soldiers and intelligence ... ) , without politic ect... , only talking about military , one on one , egyptian army alone will kick the a*s of little israel any time in a long full war . Israel can not endure a long open war that will exceed one month alone , thats my opinion wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 10:09am On May 12, 2017
kenpaul0:
Thats a veeery wrong Opinion bro.....Never underestimate your enemy...its a mistake you may never recover from

But he has a valid point anyway.. Their is a reason why Israel likes to strike their enemies and even potential enemies fast and hard with devastating effects (effects that can take even years to recover to pervious form), if they feel threatened...
Israeli knows they don't have space for mistakes, if they strike they make sure they finish you cause they know they can't fight a long conventional war with a another country with unlimited bodies to replace and oil to use.. One mistake on Israeli side and they are toast, one ballistic missile gets through and 1/4 of the country is gone..
That's why they never underestimate their enemies big and small, cause they know a defeat could mean most of them being wiped out from the face of the earth, and we all know they learnt their lesson from the holocaust, they already got fooled once, they don't plan on ever bieng fooled again

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:19am On May 12, 2017
Fidha254:
But he has a valid point anyway.. Their is a reason why Israel likes to strike their enemies and even potential enemies fast and hard with devastating effects (effects that can take even years to recover to pervious form), if they fell they feel threatened...
Israeli knows they don't have space for mistakes, if they strike they make sure they finish you cause they know they can't fight a long conventional war with a another country with unlimited bodies to replace and oil to use.. One mistake on Israeli side and they are toast, one ballistic missile gets through and 1/4 of the country is gone

from what i know America or no America, if Israels existence as a state is finished, u can be pretty sure they will take out the whole middle east and co. along with them.

nuclear weapons r just the toys , even massive nuclear retaliation can never guarantee the destruction of a medium sized country or countries. so Samson option is not only about using nukes becz it will not achieve much in terms of total annihilation of intended country/countries.

why do u think US and USSR fielded such huge stockpile of nukes ?

even then they had deadlier fallback options which they never publicized, as they knew nukes will never be enough to do the job of completely annihilating a large sized country.

as far as i see Americans wants the Israelis in a tight leash so they help them inorder to prevent the Israelis from doing anything outrageous.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 10:36am On May 12, 2017
nemesis2u:

from what i know America or no America, if Israels existence as a state is finished, u can be pretty sure they will take out the whole middle east and co. along with them.

nuclear weapons r just the toys , even massive nuclear retaliation can never guarantee the destruction of a medium sized country or countries. so Samson option is not only about using nukes becz it will not achieve much in terms of total annihilation of intended country/countries.

why do u think US and USSR fielded such huge stockpile of nukes ?

even then they had deadlier fallback options which they never publicized, as they knew nukes will never be enough to do the job of completely annihilating a large sized country.

as far as i see Americans wants the Israelis in a tight leash so they help them inorder to prevent the Israelis from doing anything outrageous.

... How big is Israel anyway ..

Hypothetically speaking, If we had a repeat of the 1948 war and israel was denied air superiority, how long would they survive a multipronged battle today
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:42am On May 12, 2017
Fidha254:

Hypothetically speaking, If we had a repeat of the 1948 war and israel was denied air superiority, how long would they survive a multipronged battle today

long enough to nuke all the attacking countries

ps: dont mistake me for a Israeli fanboy, i am just a realist

i see things as they come

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by EMW01: 10:53am On May 12, 2017
Fidha254:

Who would be able to deny them air superiority egypt,lebanon, jordan , saudi's, whatever is left of syria and Iraq.... i don't think so. Egypt is struggling against ISIS in Sinai (it's own borders), lebanon and jordan are incapable of mounting any military action outside their own borders, the Saudi's have shown in Yemen that they need American help in intelligence collection, targeting data and maintenance of their assets. Despite the billions invested the Saudis are having a very difficult time in Yemen. A conflict btwn Israel and the Arabs would end very badly for the Arabs, i suspect it would be even more humiliating than the 1967 war.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:27am On May 12, 2017
EMW01:

Who would be able to deny them air superiority egypt,lebanon, jordan , saudi's, whatever is left of syria and Iraq.... i don't think so. Egypt is struggling against ISIS in Sinai (it's own borders), lebanon and jordan are incapable of mounting any military action outside their own borders, the Saudi's have shown in Yemen that they need American help in intelligence collection, targeting data and maintenance of their assets. Despite the billions invested the Saudis are having a very difficult time in Yemen. A conflict btwn Israel and the Arabs would end very badly for the Arabs, i suspect it would be even more humiliating than the 1967 war.

do you have seen the size of israel and situation ? (only 200km long, for 40 to 80 km large depending to area) , all israel territory bases are in the range of the egyptian radars ,air defense systems missiles ... , its not 1967 , and not peace time , flying in their airspace and send long-range missiles , all israeli jets will be detected and engaged from the take-off ! israel will not have the air superiority !

and they will not use nukes until the last moment before get destructed because if they use nukes , first they will not detroy big countries like egypt they will just gain some time and most important all hostile countries to israel that stopeed their military nuclear programs , will get their nuclear bombs less than a year and little israel territory will be erased and radioactive for thousands years , i dont think nukes will be used israel will lost the most . and for isis will are talking about conventionnal war not anti terrorism operation in cities , and we have seen little hizb ellah kick the ass of tsahal army in 2006 in south libanon with a total air superiority , so without mama USA egypt alone can invade israel easily

pic an egytian radar exemple that cover all israel territory

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 12:02pm On May 12, 2017
hmmm, let me create a thread for this since we have an arab in the house. there is mo need derailing this thread.

i have always wanted to hear from the arabs and possibly the isrealis on this issue.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 12, 2017
MiddleDimension:
hmmm, let me create a thread for this since we have an arab in the house. there is mo need derailing this thread.

i have always wanted to hear from the arabs and possibly the isrealis on this issue.

i m algerian , arab only by language wink and i dont care about egypt vs israel issue , if you want to hear from the egyptians about this issue. i invite you to post in their military forum, they speak english , i m sure they will give you better answer about this , and know better egyptian army capacity

the egyptian forum https://forums.arabmilitary.com/

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 12:13pm On May 12, 2017
you're pro Arab, so I won't argue against patriotism.
But,I'll tell you

1:Israel as a country is more technologically advanced than all the Arab country's combined(without the US) and with little I know about this modern day war,it isn't about how many men or weapons u've got,rather,its about tech (EW).
having one of the best intelligence agency(mossad)in the world,they sure know a lot about their enemies.

2:in any case of war,the Jews(Zionist)will fight to the last because Israel is their sacred land..they'd fight for their existence.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 12, 2017
back to post pics for me

1- 9C18M1 Target Acquisition Radar for the 9M317 Buk-M2 system , egyptian army
2- commander SL long range tactical air defence radar by BAE Systems , range 470 km , egyptian army
3- Patriot PAC-3 radar , egypt
4- 9K332 Tor-M2 , egypt

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 12, 2017
whenever u see a radar with 2 arrays (sometimes the distinction is not visible physically) u can be sure most of the time that the smaller one is involved with IFF.

eg 9C18M1 Target Acquisition Radar for the Buk-M2E system posted above

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 12, 2017
some Brigade- and battalion-level short range SAM , egyptian army

1, 2 : Amoun air defense system , Egyptian version of Skyguard & Sparrow SAM
3 : AN/TWQ-1 Avenger system ,

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 1:18pm On May 12, 2017
chkil0:

i m algerian , arab only by language wink and i dont care about egypt vs israel issue , if you want to hear from the egyptians about this issue. i invite you to post in their military forum, they speak english , i m sure they will give you better answer about this , and know better egyptian army capacity

the egyptian forum https://forums.arabmilitary.com/

i dont even know my way around there. its all in arabic. but what about algeria/israel?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 1:21pm On May 12, 2017
chkil0:
back to post pics for me

1- 9C18M1 Target Acquisition Radar for the 9M317 Buk-M2 system , egyptian army
2- commander SL long range tactical air defence radar by BAE Systems , range 470 km , egyptian army
3- Patriot PAC-3 radar , egypt
4- 9K332 Tor-M2 , egypt

beautiful. these Egyptians are powerful!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 1:24pm On May 12, 2017
chkil0:
some Brigade- and battalion-level short range SAM , egyptian army

1, 2 : Amoun air defense system , Egyptian version of Skyguard & Sparrow SAM
3 : AN/TWQ-1 Avenger system ,
these systems should have some shock absorbers inbetween the guns and the trunk
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 12, 2017
MiddleDimension:

i dont even know my way around there. its all in arabic. but what about algeria/israel?

for algeria during egypt israel war 73 , It was foreseen that the Egyptians would inform the Arab countries in advance of a war , Algeria deposited around US$200 million with the Soviet Union to finance arms purchases for Egypt and Syria. before war , but egyptian launched the war without informing , or wainting other arabs forces , Algeria sent a squadron each of MiG-21s and Su-7s to Egypt , which arrived at the front between October 9 and October 11 used with egyptian pilots .

the algerian 8 armored brigade of 150 tanks and troops was sent from algeria through Tunisia , Libya road , the advance elements of which began to arrive on October 17, but reached the front only on October 24, too late to participate in the fighting , and algerians troops was affected behind the front to block any israeli move against cairo .

and after all this egyptian make peace deal return back sinai land and billions from USA . so in algeria we see until today egyptians as traitor who sold palestine for money and land . and algeria havnt good diplomatic relation with egypt from that time

for relation algeria israel , officially we dont recognize the Israeli state, no embassy, ​​no exchange and even during international sports competition the Algerian sportsman retires if its an israeli opponent .

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:25pm On May 12, 2017
chkil0:

for relation algeria israel , officially we dont recognize the Israeli state, no embassy, ​​no exchange and even during international sports competition the Algerian sportsman retires if its an israeli opponent .
grin Christ!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 12, 2017
Odunayaw:
grin Christ!

yes, Its like , if a Nigerian athlete played with a athlete from the state of boko haram with his flag in an international event ! or moroccan who playe with western sahara official sportsman wink fortunately israeli havent a good level in sport so its rare

pics

1- egyptian (1020) ENS Anwar El Sadat mistral class with (906) Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate , (961) - Knox-class frigate

2 mistral

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 2:56pm On May 12, 2017
61mech:
"We have a situation where there is a gradual erosion of the cathodic material used in preserving the gun"
What on gods green earth are you talking about ?
I work in the marine industry. Cathodes are used UNDER the waterline as sacrificial material for corrosion. Doesn't work in air.

Old doesnt mean anything if a gun is well looked after. That's a CIS50 from Singapore produced in the late 80's. We still used 12.7 and 1919 browning receivers from WW2 in the SADF ! We used Vickers guns on the range at times. Those guns made it through WW2 and we still had them in inventory in the 90's. They looked like museum pieces, because they were looked after meticulously for decades.

Have another look at the pic. Look closely at the ammo bin holder on the mount. It actually has pitting in the metal. They tried to cover it up with paint. The only time I've ever seen a MG look like that it came from a cash that was buried in mud for God knows how long.

I still don't understand your argument about the salt air. How is that preventing him from cleaning it ? That boat doesn't enough carry fuel to patrol out for days.
As for the barrel, I suspect that they only remove it for cleaning as it's easier to do. That's why it looks in better shape than the receiver. Barrels are also made from different blends of steel, for obvious reasons, that makes them last longer.

I can only speak for the SADF/SANDF,but I would get brought up on orders if I or anyone I commanded returned a weapon in that state. Zero excuses.
No different than anyone who damages expensive equipment because of negligence.

Anyone who's served in any military would tell you that the state of a units gear is a good indicator of its leadership,training and morale. No matter how old it is. Hell I could tell you if a Bn. has its sh!t squared away by looking at the state of the guard gate.

no offence bro but please this is the most boring argument ever on this thread.

please its enough.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 12, 2017
some egyptian F16 air brigade and sqadron badges

1- Tactical Fighter Wing 262 at Abu Suweir air base with its two squadrons 60 and 64

2- Tactical Fighter Wing 272 at jenakliss air base with its two squadrons 75 and 77

3 - Tactical Fighter Wing 282 at fayed air base with its two squadrons 86 and 88

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 12, 2017
augusta westland Mk.130 , SAR algerian navy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 12, 2017
a very good TV report about Algerian Republican Guard Intervention Special Regiment , try to see it all very intersting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyHPwcYF3DQ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.