Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,074 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:10 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029576 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) (1156) (1157) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 2:08am On May 13, 2017
lionel4power:

hahaha I actually came across an article that said Nigeria is planning to send astronauts to the moon by 2030 also I wanted to see who actually READ THROUGH a post before replying.
Someone responded that its not the moon but ISS. hahaha

surprisingly, I have a degree In Computer Engineering... that shows the kind of education we receive in Naija. hahaha

what do you mean by thats shows the kind of edu we recieve in nigeria?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 3:00am On May 13, 2017
tdayof:

The GIS systems is bring handled by a Nigerian.
Thanks for sharing.Knowledge and applications of GIS system will shape the current battles to come.It is in the best interests of Senior Army and Airforce officers to understand the Military applications attached to it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:51am On May 13, 2017
LTGEN:

Thanks for sharing.Knowledge and applications of GIS system will shape the current battles to come.It is in the best interests of Senior Army and Airforce officers to understand the Military applications attached to it.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:56am On May 13, 2017
.. .

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:27am On May 13, 2017
tdayof:
.. .

The name of this company is tiller Cyrus ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:59am On May 13, 2017
LTGEN:

The PDF isn't downloading
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:00am On May 13, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

The name of this company is tiller Cyrus ?

No. The guy handling the project is Tiller Cyrus.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Adminisher: 5:51am On May 13, 2017
LTGEN:
The Nigerian Budget is out on public domain
http://yourbudgit.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/2017-Budget-Proposal-to-NASS.pdf
i checked into the NA, NAF, NN
I also understand this is the unclassified version for the big three and i did not go through the ONSA
These are the highlights of what I read
* The Nigeria Army set aside approx N1B for the procurement of "A" vehicle whatever that means speculation would fall on most likely the APC or Tanks my betting is on the APC
Capital Expenditure N21B
** The Nigerian Airforce is certain to procure in the budget ( They tend to be the most transparent) " Platform acquisition ( For Counter air, counter surface, air ops for strategic effect and Air support operations) my betting is on three things Aircraft, Helios and Drones
Capital Expenditure N30B
*** The Nigerian Navy
Capital expenditure N26.5 B
The NN unlike before has become less transparent but it is still very clear that they intend based on their capital expenditures to build / repair more ships in house. They are most certain to acquire helos and aircraft that much they cannot hide.
**** The Nigerian Army intends to acquire 150,000 dog tags from the NAEME ,this information is important because apart from the fact every Nigerian Soldier is required to wear one it is is the first budget confirmation that the NA size is over 150K - in line with the COAS pledge of 8 divisions and 200K.
Last take these numbers for what they are , remember these are declassified numbers, if you think they spend that much on sporting equipment ...... oh well good luck to you.
P.S. to whomever is reading this i like the line on the GIS SYSTEMS wink wink cool
P.P.S
I did not go into the DICON BUDGET N5B ( draw your conclusions)

NAF CAPEX would be 3 JF17 and some drones . Probably no more helos till early 2018

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:35am On May 13, 2017
LTGEN:

The NN unlike before has become less transparent but it is still very clear that they intend based on their capital expenditures to build / repair more ships in house. They are most certain to acquire helos and aircraft that much they cannot hide.

P.S. to whomever is reading this i like the line on the GIS SYSTEMS wink wink cool
P.P.S
I did not go into the DICON BUDGET N5B ( draw your conclusions)

Remember that the Nigerian navy is to also receive 3 Helicopters, 3 Aircrafts , 15 new boats and 20 Armoured amphibious vehicles. This wasn't even listed in the 2016 budget.

I'm keeping my hopes up for 4 missile boats and a Hydrograpic ship.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:42am On May 13, 2017
LTGEN:
Mr HENRY
To your Liking:
Confirmed by DICON
*AK-47
** Beryl Assault rifle
*** APC Assembly line
**** For the first time in Nigeria's history funds have been set aside for the birth of a Military Industrial Complex..... it is a start.
*,**,*** - They are being manufactured / assembled under license in Nigeria and have been captured/ allocated funds in the budget

Some of these things have been known by me for some time. Point of correction, it's not the first time in Nigeria's history. We have always allocated funds for MIC, however it fails because it is usually government driven.

A PPP with government owing 30% of the stake is the only way forward for growth in the areas government wants to continue investing, while a 100% ownership for private investors should be encouraged. Just like it is done in the UAE.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:47am On May 13, 2017
tdayof:

The GIS systems is being handled by a Nigerian.

That Nigerian finally won the contract. That's great! I remember we followed closely his participation at that summit at the State House.

Any more information, comprehensive info, on the system apart from Infographs?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:54am On May 13, 2017
Ivorian soldiers take to the streets... Again, to protest unpaid salaries.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:57am On May 13, 2017
tdayof:

No. The guy handling the project is Tiller Cyrus.

Nah, I think the name of the programme is Tiller Cyrus, the guy's name is Peter Agada.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:33am On May 13, 2017
LTGEN:
Mr HENRY
To your Liking:
Confirmed by DICON

*** APC Assembly line

As well as Proforce Defence, we need at least 2 other companies supplying armoured vehicles to our security services. One more Nigerian company and one foreign.

Innoson along with their partner is supposed to launch a new type of locally made APC this year. I just hope this plan is still in the offeing.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:04am On May 13, 2017
lolz

still confused grin

let me help u

the company name is tiller Cyrus grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:15am On May 13, 2017
nemesis2u:
lolz

still confused grin

let me help u

the company name is tiller Cyrus grin

Company name is Tiller Cyrus Ltd and his name is what Henry mentioned.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:56am On May 13, 2017
Aero L-39ZA/C [Albatros] , used for training , algerian AF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:03am On May 13, 2017
Spécial Intervention Group of the Républicain Garde [R.S.I] , Algerian Army

pics from the video posted yesterday

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:40am On May 13, 2017
lionel4power:

no offence bro but please this is the most boring argument ever on this thread.

please its enough.

Actually,its not an argument. He's stating factual details which some insist on ignoring.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:58am On May 13, 2017
Botswana

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:15am On May 13, 2017
A U.S. Navy Reservist assists Mauritanian and Algerian sailors with a non-lethal weapons training demonstration during exercise #PhoenixExpress 2017, May 9. Phoenix Express, sponsored by U.S. Africa Command and facilitated by U.S. Naval Forces Europe-Africa/U.S. Sixth Fleet, is designed to improve regional cooperation, increase maritime domain awareness information-sharing practices, and operational capabilities to enhance efforts to achieve safety and security in the Mediterranean Sea.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 10:22am On May 13, 2017

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 12:10pm On May 13, 2017
If it were up to me this would be compulsory at the coy level with 2 vehicles. Much cheaper than the Patria at 5 mn$ a pop IIRC,it provides good mobility and firepower affordably. Its automatic and works on a turntable.
Soltam 120 mm mortar.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 12:59pm On May 13, 2017
Odunayaw:
The PDF isn't downloading
Try and pick the whole link or Google "2017 Nigeria budget.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 1:13pm On May 13, 2017
newafricaken254:
If you don't mind, the truck in the background, are they for signals and comms?

KDF donating water storage tanks in ngong ,kajiado county

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 1:44pm On May 13, 2017
[quote author=tdayof post=56471544][/quote]
I hope that the pentagon will be named Parallelogram Loool... Its a good devlpmnt thats for sure the Nigerian Armed Forces is doing some huge progress I hope that will have additional plan to covert all the country
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 13, 2017
Mi 28 NE , algerian air force

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 13, 2017
Su-30MKA [Flanker-H] , Algerian Air force

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 13, 2017
ilyushin 76 , algerian air force

pic taken from the cockpit of an Airbus A330-202 algerian airlines

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 13, 2017
today pic 13.05.2017

Meko 200 AN , EL Moudamir 911
16 RBS-15 MKIII Missiles
Super Lynx MK.140

Algerian Navy

http://i.imgur.com/VE0LzBH.jpg

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 7:45pm On May 13, 2017
Boko Haram base is now likely changed to Cameroon. Maybe its why NIA, NAF and DSS cannot find Chibok girls or trace the Boko Haram back to base. Read army aonymous news report of that prisoners exchange of few days ago.
★★★ ★
"Our girls entered Red Cross air-conditioned vehicles, we were ordered to withdraw off towards Banki, providing cover for our girls. The sect men turned around, zoom off, towards Cameroun." ★★★★
Some first phase release Chibok girls now in school in the USA living better life than ever imagined. Never give up in life. Nigeria thanks gallant troops who died fighting months ago to capture the sect leaders we used for exchange.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:54pm On May 13, 2017
Fidha254:

If you don't mind, the truck in the background, are they for signals and comms?

KDF donating water storage tanks in ngong ,kajiado county
yes,definitely its comms

(1) (2) (3) ... (1151) (1152) (1153) (1154) (1155) (1156) (1157) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.