Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:55 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029625 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1154) (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:47am On May 15, 2017
701 Mohammed VI FREMM Frigate , Maroccan Navy

614 Sultan Moulay Ismail (Sigma class Frigate )

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:51am On May 15, 2017
Boeing CH-47D Chinook , moroccan AF

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 10:30am On May 15, 2017
Both protocols are necessary for internet...Some of your applications run only on UDP...

iblawi:
grin grin grin

It seem the Internet they now have uses UDP instead of TCP protocol and that why they couldn't go back to see a few things that happened while they were away.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 11:23am On May 15, 2017
kenpaul0:
Both protocols are necessary for internet...Some of your applications run only on UDP...

Mr we know of TCP and UDP but we are talking about having access to previously sent data, which means the application we are talking about here uses TCP.

This is not a topic for this thread please let it go.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Danooz87(m): 12:13pm On May 15, 2017
Launching MV Doria at the Western Marine Shipyard...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 15, 2017
Danooz87:

What country is this?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 15, 2017
Danooz87:

Henry240:

What country is this?

some info:

Danish JGH Marine A/S has obtained contract for the design, construction and delivery of one Offshore Patrol Vessel for Kenyan Ministry of Fisheries, Livestock and Agriculture.

The Offshore Patrol Vessel is being constructed at JGH partner yard in Bangladesh where it is currently under construction.

Overall details of the project:

Client: Kenyan Ministry of Fisheries, Livestock and Agriculture (State Department Fisheries)

Commodity: One Offshore Patrol Vessel

Size:

Length overall: 54.70 m
Length of hull: 50.90 m
Depth: 4.50 m
Displacement: 350 tons
Draft molded: 2.20 m
Lightweight: 500 tons

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Troop101: 12:40pm On May 15, 2017
@Henry240 pls get hold of Agubububu to join. grin cheesy grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 15, 2017
Troop101:
@Henry240 pls get hold of Agubububu to join. grin cheesy grin grin

You guys chased him away. I haven't seen his presence online in a while.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Danooz87(m): 1:34pm On May 15, 2017
Henry240:

What country is this?
Kenya
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 15, 2017
PHOTO NEWS: CHIEF OF THE AIR STAFF, AIR MARSHAL SB ABUBAKAR PLAYED HOST TO THE DEPUTY DIRECTOR (SALES DIVISION AFRICA) OF CHINA NATIONAL AERO-TECHNOLOGY IMPORT & EXPORT CORPORATION, MR FANG XU, WHO WAS IN HIS OFFICE THIS MORNING ON A COURTESY VISIT

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 15, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 15, 2017
Henry240:
PHOTO NEWS: CHIEF OF THE AIR STAFF, AIR MARSHAL SB ABUBAKAR PLAYED HOST TO THE DEPUTY DIRECTOR (SALES DIVISION AFRICA) OF CHINA NATIONAL AERO-TECHNOLOGY IMPORT & EXPORT CORPORATION, MR FANG XU, WHO WAS IN HIS OFFICE THIS MORNING ON A COURTESY VISIT

i see 2 drone models ch4 ch3

and the south african light attack aircraft model (forgot the name ) grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 5:24pm On May 15, 2017
NA battlefield pix.

this is probably the best time to test any new addition to our inventory.

they didn't wast time att allgrin.

i hope itt performs well

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 15, 2017
nemesis2u:

Ahrlac/ Mwari, was the first thing i saw as well.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 5:41pm On May 15, 2017
bidexiii:

1ST PICTURE IS A TYPHOON, ANYWAY BEAUTIFUL PICTURES.

chkil0:

first pic is a eurofighter typhoon wink
chkil0:

[quote author=Odunayaw post=56527987]u could have done us a favor by posting on topic

Thank you as u do so in the future
whoa my bad I didn't cross check anyways.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:43pm On May 15, 2017
Sudan armed forces Rapid Support Forces (RSF) recruits graduation in Khartoum

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 5:44pm On May 15, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Ahrlac/ Mwari, was the first thing i saw as well.

That was the one that surprised me most.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 5:50pm On May 15, 2017
newafricaken254:
Sudan counter terrorism unit
All this Bruce Lee Jet Li maneuvers where does it apply.

Because from my understanding of military combat affairs if the battle has deteorated to hand to hand combat this 21st century then somebody in the chain of command has seriously screwed up. BIG TIME!!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 15, 2017
lionel4power:
All this Bruce Lee Jet Li maneuvers where is is applies.

Because from my understanding of military combat affairs if the battle has deteorated to hand to hand combat this 21st century then somebody in the chain of command has seriously screwed up. BIG TIME!!

just saying..

silenced weapons in real life r not really silent. they generally produce noise anywhere between 120 and 150 dB

in the still of the night especially in hilly terrains , the sound from a silencer will sound like BOMM BOOM BOOM grin

what if ur tasked to infiltrate a heavily defended sector with heavy patrols and take down a group of encamped enemy soldiers.

conventional hand to hand close combat with knifes r still the best way to take down unaware enemies silently, if u can approach them undetected in the first place.

dont know anything about the utility of bruce lee type combat though grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 6:06pm On May 15, 2017
lionel4power:

i believe it's even more necessary in modern battlefield.

in syria and some other places where close quaters combat is frequent, plus remember a BH propaganda video where a soldier had to fight his way to escape.

you just need to know how to fight as a soldier

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:10pm On May 15, 2017
lionel4power:

its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

close quarters combat is not SEGA

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 15, 2017
today pic 15.05.2017 MEKO A200 frigate , Algerian Navy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:22pm On May 15, 2017
chkil0:
today pic 15.05.2017 MEKO A200 frigate , Algerian Navy
I am officially jealous undecided

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:38pm On May 15, 2017
lionel4power:

are you trying to say that hand to hand combat training is no longer necessary !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:02pm On May 15, 2017
Fidha254:
built by ospera (kenyan subsidiary)themselves using local talent
the project failed,i seems the project relied on kenya security agencies buying mamba mk5 MRAPs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 15, 2017
iblawi:

That was the one that surprised me most.
To be honest I am just happy NAF seems more open minded now and ready to try new things.

Technology is the way forward.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 7:30pm On May 15, 2017
nemesis2u:

It doesn't say whether any MOU was signed.I hate dwelling in conspiracy theories but this happened three days after the budget was approved and the Acting President expected to sign this week.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 8:04pm On May 15, 2017
CAMNEWTON4PRES:
Some of you should start feeding your IDPs living in Borno and relocation those living in Kamer before talking of a regime change in a better organized,more powerful country like Cameroon . See me citizens of an unstable country (from Boko to pipeline bombers to Fula herdsmen ) talking about the supposedly threatening instability of Cameroon ... lmfao if there should be an instability in Cameroon post Biya (which is very unlikely to happen ) Nigeria will just suck it up like we sucked it up during Biafra absorbing millions of Nigerians ,the same way we do with car citizens and Chadians and the same way we are doing with Nigerians . Anyone dreaming about funding groups to remove Biya or any other president simply does not love himself and his brethren... you might twist it the way you want but bakassi is very fresh reminder of what will happen again should Nigeria try to grab anything from us talk less about funding terrorism on our soil ,not only we will outflank your obsolete army but we will dine in Lagos and Abuja in less than 2weeks while sending. Buhari to Yaoundé in a cage with chains around his neck and ankles

This is what happens when people drink tainted herbs lol. Stop your hallucinations and take your med, untainted preferably .

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 8:13pm On May 15, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 9:17pm On May 15, 2017
Moroccan AML-90.

Morocco currently operates the largest active AML fleet on the African continent. The crews were initially trained by the French in the 1960s and 1970s, by South Africans in the late 1970s and 1980s, and most recently by Brazilians.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 10:33pm On May 15, 2017
Complete waste of time to teach HtoH combat to any infantry soldier.

The reality is that when you train soldiers you only have so many hours in a day and months in a year to get train any soldier up to a operational level of proficiency in a multitude of disciplines. Everything from rifle proficiency to map reading/navigation to parade ground work.
You wouldn't believe how training it takes to get a platoon to be proficient in night navigation and map work alone.

Then you have to work on fitness, vehicle drills, operating a radio properly etc.etc.etc Weapons training takes a huge amount of time. The average infantry soldier had to master theory, handling and maintenance of minimum 12 or so different weapons systems. Not only your personal weapon , but cross training on everyone else's.
All these things are crucial and you have to get everyone up to a decent level of proficiency.
Martial arts training to the level of being able to kill someone in hand to hand combat takes long hours, every day. I'd guess maybe 2-3 hours a day. So now I have to cut training somewhere else to make time. Frankly i'd rather have a guy that doesn't get his ass lost in the bush or sets a claymore the wrong way around than a Ninja.

You could make the argument that it has some use for SF, but they have even more time restrictions and skill sets to learn.

Odunayaw:
its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

close quarters combat is not SEGA

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1154) (1155) (1156) (1157) (1158) (1159) (1160) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.