Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,129 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5975638 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2017
In furtherance of its clearance operations, on 2 July 2017, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Component of Operation LAFIYA DOLE conducted an Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission of the Sambisa general area, the former spiritual headquarters of the Boko Haram Terrorists (BHT). During the ISR mission, a gradual convergence of BHT elements at some buildings in Alagarno Camp 1 was noticed.

The sight of several solar panels on the rooftops of the buildings, and the obvious attempt to conceal the buildings, gave out the plans of the terrorists. A confirmatory ISR mission indicated that the structures were most likely a budding Command and Control facility, which could also house High Value Targets.

Accordingly, on 3 July 2017, the Air Component detailed 3 aircraft namely, 2 Alpha Jet and one F-7Ni aircraft, to conduct Air Interdiction strikes on the buildings in succession. Subsequent Battle Damage Assessment revealed that the structures with the solar panels as well as other adjoining BHT structures were damaged.

Furthermore, a suspected BHT technical vehicle, which was attempting to make a run from the vicinity, was struck by subsequent waves of attack.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/nigerian-air-force-frustrates-another-boko-haram-attempt-regrouping-photosvideo.html

Watch Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2ie9QvW-fA

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
Chkil er...Algerian1, there's a rumour you guys have asked Denel to investigate an anti-ship variant/warhead for the Ingwe on your SuperHind and MI-17. Why, seeing your navy has the anti-ship Mokopa? Or is it a case of your arms of service doing things in silos?

If true, I suspect Denel will jump through the hoops cos the last time Algeria suggested something - about 12 modifications to the Rooivalk, which we later did in the Block 1F Upgrade - we ignored them and lost the sale.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2017
frumentius:

I thought the Reva APCs were sold to Puntland and Somaliland? Or are these part of the donation of military equipment from the UAE?
yes its part of UAE donation to somalia national army
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
kikuyu1:

Actually, he's right! You gut,only THEN do you roast! Especially with warthog you must be extra careful. They're known carriers of trichinosis and swine flu.

That's what jln115 has been saying.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 05, 2017
Nemesis2u, forU.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:39pm On Jul 05, 2017
To the man who put their lives in danger to protect the rhino. We honour you

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
there was a proposal years back to de horn the rhinos and replace them with artificial horns .

there was massive protest back home from animal right activists (actually desi and foreign aholes like PETA BBC etc )

wonder weather it would have stopped the killing of rhinos

i suspect the role of some animal right activists and media , they r in payroll of international syndicates

of special interest is the way BBC ran a story demonizing Indian forest guards for shooting down rhino poachers, if they dont kill the poachers the rhinos will be wiped out.

later they were banned from all indian forest reserves, but those bleepers got some international tour operators to boycott indian game reserves.

later ministry of external affairs had to warn British government of impeding economic sanctions over it plus some other reasons , which later forced BBC to back off.

i just dont get whats the problem with these fuccking western governments and their media , who appointed them as the judge to interfere with others.

most of the high value contraband goods r smuggled out in diplomatic pouches / luggage , but that is another story.

UN peace keeping forces r also guilty of trade in endangered animal parts in africa ,

much to my shame our files contain the name of a Indian general , but unlike other nations atleast that particular general will never be considered for any promotion, appointments etc back home due to compromised character . the list of nationality involved is long , i know of senior officers from pak***** , french , bangladeshi ,african forces etc etc .

but unfortunately or fortunately such info is good enough for dangling the sword to sniff out some secrets and maybe payback karma for the poor animals who died.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2017
NG

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:07pm On Jul 05, 2017
Patrolling surbubia in style.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2017
newafricaken254:
yes its part of UAE donation to somalia national army
some were also provided by AMISOM

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2017
frumentius:
Chkil er...Algerian1, there's a rumour you guys have asked Denel to investigate an anti-ship variant/warhead for the Ingwe on your SuperHind and MI-17. Why, seeing your navy has the anti-ship Mokopa? Or is it a case of your arms of service doing things in silos?

If true, I suspect Denel will jump through the hoops cos the last time Algeria suggested something - about 12 modifications to the Rooivalk, which we later did in the Block 1F Upgrade - we ignored them and lost the sale.

dont know about this rumours ! algerian navy have the Super Lynx Mk-140 ASuW and ASW versions with the Mokopa missiles ! and rumors about getting AW159 Wildcat also for corvettes

maybe it have a link with the reports from aljazerra about israelian mossad buying stollen mokopa missile plans ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzRmI5PTxUw

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:22pm On Jul 05, 2017
So much wildlife the game parks can't contain it, it literally patrols the streets as well... It's a security threat, this little guy has to be arrested for illegally walking down the street without proper documentation. He'll probably get life in the Kruger National Park where he'll roam around in a park larger than Israel and Palestine grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2017
tdayof:
I just saw a picture of the Nigerian SU-30.SHIIT IS damn real.

How did we get these without any clue or leakage?

Any news about the JF-17? Sputnik was definitely sure about her report.

Are you joking?

As, i got to say, it doesn't seem quite funny?

Are you been real?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
Nigerian Troops deployed in Gambia

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 05, 2017
ECOWAS wouldn't have done more to end burundi,DRC n CAR conflicts

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2017
IbnSultaan:

ECOWAS can't end any conflict... France takes care of the region for you.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 05, 2017
kikuyu1:

Actually, he's right! You gut,only THEN do you roast! Especially with warthog you must be extra careful. They're known carriers of trichinosis and swine flu.
Yeah that's what I said!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:41pm On Jul 05, 2017
GreenandGold:
So much wildlife the game parks can't contain it, it literally patrols the streets as well... It's a security threat, this little guy has to be arrested for illegally walking down the street without proper documentation. He'll probably get life in the Kruger National Park where he'll roam around in a park larger than Israel and Palestine grin

Come on, the little guy was probably looking for a town girl grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2017
IbnSultaan:

This is a statement of fact. Examples abound, aplenty.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 05, 2017
newafricaken254:
some were also provided by AMISOM

I was talking about the REVAs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 05, 2017
Henry240:

Are you joking?

As, i got to say, it doesn't seem quite funny?

Are you been real?
Hahahahahahahaha dude you made my day!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:49pm On Jul 05, 2017
jln115:

Yeah that's what I said!

Oh yeah,my bad! Carry on.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 05, 2017
Algerian1:

maybe it have a link with the reports from aljazerra about israelian mossad buying stollen mokopa missile plans ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzRmI5PTxUw

They didn't buy them. They stole them. And returned them on condition Mossad operatives in SA wouldn't be prosecuted. PM me and I'll send you the leaked cables about the affair, and what SSA and Mossad were saying about Algeria. cool

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 05, 2017
tdayof:
UPDATE: I will keep dropping little information about NAF SU30 till this section get back to normal.

The Aircraft has a plain paint scheme. Just like the JF17 ash paint scheme. I guess our JF17 won't come in any weird paint scheme.

New Argument topic.

We are gonna invade RSA in style cool cool cool

Signing Out.

If this isn't a prank or a joke, then i can say we might not see the JF-17s.

We currently have 11 F-7ni's in service which are, although not new, but haven't been in NAF service up to 10 years.

I don't see a possibility of flying the Su-30, JF-17 and F-7 at the same time.

It might also mean that Tucanos from the US would not happen, however the units ordered from Brazil would still come in, with numbers Likely to increase to 6 or 8 examples.

This is all speculation. You can post the picture you have, so we can also clear our doubts.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 05, 2017
jln115:

Hahahahahahahaha dude you made my day!!

It would be very good news for us.

He usually doesn't have jokes in him, however, i still need to be sure.

The Su-30 would massively improve Nigeria's strike capability and load delivery.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:12pm On Jul 05, 2017
Henry240:

This is a statement of fact. Examples abound, aplenty.

Like manning checkpoints in Mali while France does the cleaning up.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2017
Nigerian COIN

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 05, 2017
Nigeria COIN

Nigerian troops conduct regular marksmanship exercise on deployment.

Here soldiers are trying different shooting positions

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2017
Nigerian army personnel checking out APCs been built for the Nigerian Police.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 05, 2017
Ibnsultaan, dude, where is the Ara photo?

You wanna cook soup with it? cool

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 05, 2017
Troops from Burkina-Faso in Mali

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
ActivateKruger:

ECOWAS can't end any conflict... France takes care of the region for you.

According to you france was responsible
For Liberia, Sierra Leone, Gambia
Even where France is deployed Mali n Ivory coast we sent boats to help out.
Nigeria boats in Somalia n Darfur

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1231) (1232) (1233) (1234) (1235) (1236) (1237) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.