Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5987250 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 3:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
jteku:

Thanks for this,
make we here word abeg.....sotey Kenya people Don get liver de compare with us....
grin grin cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hennynitan17(m): 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
tdayof:
..confirmed too. I was being careful of posting this because of Henry240. He was going to ask for pictures which I don't have. My source claims to have pictures but damn we are on break and he wouldn't send to me the picture directly.

Edit: unit expected should be minimum of 4.
Minimum of 4?
So the contract has gone beyond 3 jf17...
Pls we all waiting for the pics..

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
kikuyu1:

No,vikkie14,its not like that at all.
This is what henry240 said:
I asked for a link,still waiting. The problem here is your boys have a habit of talking out their arse. I ignore a lot of childish poo here like certain posters perpetual posturing as military pros and trash talking like this:

I generally don't respond but this entire TONE is what ruined ToT! I realise the quality of posts is dependant on the quality of posters. Ideally people would post only what they know;knowing nothing they pretend to know and things turn to poo in a hurry.
Eg. someone asked for proof of what the KDF has the NAF doesn't have. A glance at what really matters,the KDF budget will show they're at least SEVERAL LEVELS ABOVE NAIJ IN ALL ASPECTS-training,welfare,pay (btw,this matters as much as your fav FSBs)and acquisitions.

[url]http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/business/Security-budget-Kenya-leads-giving-more-to-military-police-/2560-3245184-igmgtj/index.html
[/url]
That's only 1.4% of GDP-imagine if its raised to 2.5% for 30k guys in the tri services? Any genius who says you're only 30 k and we're 100k should really question why Naij with oil can't approach similar funding of a country relying on tea,tourism,flowers
That's why 55 Z 9s are in KDF colours though IDK if all have been delivered. Even though its a medium utility chopper not a true gunship it packs a punch. Over 200 T 72s are with the armour brigade,delivered since early 2008 and in early 2014,at least 60 Merk 4s were delivered. It was recently announced a squadron of Air Tractors and MD 530s are inbound.

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/05/08/kdf-acquires-12-american-light-attack-helicopter-gunships-other_c1556707

Others equipment include 1,536 M274 smoke rockets, 400,000 rounds of .50 calibre ammunition and communications/navigation equipment.
At the same time the first of another squadron of 12 AH 1s pimped out by the US before Israel gave them to Jordan arrived.

I can't get pics for everything but its obvious that in the world of Men,where evidence is all important Naij has very very little to show us on any level for the simple reason that our per capita spend per soldier is over 30k$ per year!! What do you spend? That figure goes for welfare,pay and acquisitions-can Naij compare on any level?
In fact pls,show me where you do better than us-I'll wait.

This guy can you please it share lies, don't be desperate, Kenya does not operate 55 Z9 attack helos (fact) if you insist otherwise please provide a link, play by your own rules at least don't just pull figures out your ass.

Second Kenya also does not have 200 t-72 or else we won't see KDF deploy Vickers Mk 3 and Panhard AMLs to all the hotspots. Please provide link compfirming KDF has 200 of this type

Also Kenyatta's never purchased Merkava tanks.... this guy you really mean am ? Please provide link.

Lastly 12 light attack "gunships" are MD500s. This and the cobras are the only 2 purchases you verified in our long textbook rant.
I'd be waiting for your reply backed by facts maybe a SIPRI transfer log showing were Kenya acquired 55 Z9s and merkava from Israel

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
NIgerian Air Force airmen.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
Niger Air Force C-130

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sirjerry(m): 4:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
kikuyu1:

No,vikkie14,its not like that at all.
This is what henry240 said:
I asked for a link,still waiting. The problem here is your boys have a habit of talking out their arse. I ignore a lot of childish poo here like certain posters perpetual posturing as military pros and trash talking like this:

I generally don't respond but this entire TONE is what ruined ToT! I realise the quality of posts is dependant on the quality of posters. Ideally people would post only what they know;knowing nothing they pretend to know and things turn to poo in a hurry.
Eg. someone asked for proof of what the KDF has the NAF doesn't have. A glance at what really matters,the KDF budget will show they're at least SEVERAL LEVELS ABOVE NAIJ IN ALL ASPECTS-training,welfare,pay (btw,this matters as much as your fav FSBs)and acquisitions.

[url]http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/business/Security-budget-Kenya-leads-giving-more-to-military-police-/2560-3245184-igmgtj/index.html
[/url]
That's only 1.4% of GDP-imagine if its raised to 2.5% for 30k guys in the tri services? Any genius who says you're only 30 k and we're 100k should really question why Naij with oil can't approach similar funding of a country relying on tea,tourism,flowers
That's why 55 Z 9s are in KDF colours though IDK if all have been delivered. Even though its a medium utility chopper not a true gunship it packs a punch. Over 200 T 72s are with the armour brigade,delivered since early 2008 and in early 2014,at least 60 Merk 4s were delivered. It was recently announced a squadron of Air Tractors and MD 530s are inbound.

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/05/08/kdf-acquires-12-american-light-attack-helicopter-gunships-other_c1556707

Others equipment include 1,536 M274 smoke rockets, 400,000 rounds of .50 calibre ammunition and communications/navigation equipment.
At the same time the first of another squadron of 12 AH 1s pimped out by the US before Israel gave them to Jordan arrived.

I can't get pics for everything but its obvious that in the world of Men,where evidence is all important Naij has very very little to show us on any level for the simple reason that our per capita spend per soldier is over 30k$ per year!! What do you spend? That figure goes for welfare,pay and acquisitions-can Naij compare on any level?
In fact pls,show me where you do better than us-I'll wait.

LWKMD.

200 t72 grin

55 z9 heli grin grin

Merkeva tanks. grin grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
This Week In History: Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar is Nigeria's Chief of Air Staff. This week makes it two years of his appointment as CAS by President Muhammadu Buhari. The Fine Officer and Gentleman is highly skilled and proficient in Air Warfare doctrine and Air Combat Operations. He has flown varied aircraft types both winged and rotary including the Mil-35 Helicopter Gunship and the Mil -17 Assault Helicopter. In Academics he holds degrees in Political Science, Strategic Studies and a Diploma in Public Administration. His leadership of Nigeria's Air Force has seen the timely reactivation of erstwhile redundant aircrafts in the inventory of the NAF bringing the critically needed Force multipliers to bear in the war against boko haram terrorists turning the tide of the war in favor of Nigeria. The Air Marshal has also placed great emphasis on capacity building and personnel welfare visible with the numerous projects and training regime undertaken under his leadership. Today the Nigerian Air Force can deploy at very short notice on multiple theaters of war and project effective force on the full spectrum of air power: Air Interdiction, Close-Air-Support, ISR, Search And Rescue, Armed RECCE And Combat Air Patrol. Under his leadership the Nigerian Air Force continues it's expansion and modernization with the anticipated segmented delivery of new aircraft types into it's inventory for Air Operations for Strategic Effect (Long Range/Maritime Air Operations) And Counter-Air Operations. Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar hails from Bauchi State of Nigeria and loves flying.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2017
I've just realised despite some screeching and finger pointing about African armies alleged underspending nobody has ever done a cost comparison in all the years of this thread;even on ToT.

Defence budget 2017 Personnel tri services %AGE OF gdp spend per soldier
Here's the SANDF 4 bn$ 80,000 0.9% 50,000$ per year

KDF 1.2 BN$ 30,000 1.4% 40,000$ per year

Naij 2 bn$ 160,000 0.4% 12,500$ per year

Uganda 900 mn 50,000 1.2% 18,000$ per

There may be some variation with changing exchange rates but the truth comes out with figures! Pay,welfare,housing,training,maintenance,operations and acquisitions is included in the per capita spend per soldier. I wonder where Naijj's money for the new buys is coming-most likely extra budgetary funds from a contingency account. Those who can draw logical inferences are ofc free to do so.
Which country's troops 2 years back were in such serious operational problems with proxy terrorists they fled the field of battle several times? The per capita spend isn't all;is each armed force developing doctrines,what the US calls TTPs,Tactics ,Techniques and Protocols to optimise their ToE in their respective threat matrix?
Very very few on this thread can answer that especially when none of us are fighting near peer enemies. Like I said earlier M23,BH and Al Shabaab aren't significant threats[b] but one of those proxies gave serious problems to its foe-why??
[/b]

I had a post earlier saying the RSA for its continental role really should have heavy lift like the propfan not turboprop, An 70,at least 3 pieces. It can carry 35 tons, 5000 km-wow! Also at least a 12 plane squadron of heavy twin FSBs like Su 30 ,though Saffers don't respect Vlads stuff so it'd have to be the 100 mn$ a pop Rafales.
Here's the thing:its well within their financial capabilities. They need boost their defence budget to 1.6% of GDP,well within their means with some simple scrimping and judicious scraping. Some of you've heard the single seat KA 50 was tried out here-thats true! 2 squadrons will arrive once the main N Kenya oil pipeline is operational,late 2019. Bookmark this post!
Point of all this being? Acquisitions and availability of warfighting equipment depends on not just your ready finance but financial capability.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gabng(m): 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2017
Something to chew on this weekend...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sirjerry(m): 5:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 5:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
Dude, stop your rant. Soldiers fled from battlefield or not, is that the case now?
Ever heard of Asymmetric warfare? Those terrorists elements gave serious problems because they aren't fighting in a conventional way, how about you go to Afghanistan and ask the Western troops there how come they haven't been able to defeat the Taliban in over 10yrs and now propose to negotiate? Or why Columbia have to deal with guerillas for almost 50yrs or so?
If these elements come out of hiding and fight, they would have been defeated in a matter of days. Insurgency isn't easy to put down.
But we get it now, Are you rooting for Kenya? Okay, they are the best in Africa. Move on.

kikuyu1:
I've just realised despite some screeching and finger pointing about African armies alleged underspending nobody has ever done a cost comparison in all the years of this thread;even on ToT.

There may be some variation with changing exchange rates but the truth comes out with figures! Pay,welfare,housing,training,maintenance,operations and acquisitions is included in the per capita spend per soldier. I wonder where Naijj's money for the new buys is coming-most likely extra budgetary funds from a contingency account. Those who can draw logical inferences are ofc free to do so.
Which country's troops 2 years back were in such serious operational problems with proxy terrorists they fled the field of battle several times? The per capita spend isn't all;is each armed force developing doctrines,what the US calls TTPs,Tactics ,Techniques and Protocols to optimise their ToE in their respective threat matrix?
Very very few on this thread can answer that especially when none of us are fighting near peer enemies. Like I said earlier M23,BH and Al Shabaab aren't significant threats[b] but one of those proxies gave serious problems to its foe-why??
[/b]

I had a post earlier saying the RSA for its continental role really should have heavy lift like the propfan not turboprop, An 70,at least 3 pieces. It can carry 35 tons, 5000 km-wow! Also at least a 12 plane squadron of heavy twin FSBs like Su 30 ,though Saffers don't respect Vlads stuff so it'd have to be the 100 mn$ a pop Rafales.
Here's the thing:its well within their financial capabilities. They need boost their defence budget to 1.6% of GDP,well within their means with some simple scrimping and judicious scraping. Some of you've heard the single seat KA 50 was tried out here-thats true! 2 squadrons will arrive once the main N Kenya oil pipeline is operational,late 2019. Bookmark this post!
Point of all this being? Acquisitions and availability of warfighting equipment depends on not just your ready finance but financial capability.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
Algerian police

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 5:37pm On Jul 15, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
Tunisian USGN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SealTeam6: 5:57pm On Jul 15, 2017
Covert1:
This Week In History: Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar is Nigeria's Chief of Air Staff. This week makes it two years of his appointment as CAS by President Muhammadu Buhari. The Fine Officer and Gentleman is highly skilled and proficient in Air Warfare doctrine and Air Combat Operations. He has flown varied aircraft types both winged and rotary including the Mil-35 Helicopter Gunship and the Mil -17 Assault Helicopter. In Academics he holds degrees in Political Science, Strategic Studies and a Diploma in Public Administration. His leadership of Nigeria's Air Force has seen the timely reactivation of erstwhile redundant aircrafts in the inventory of the NAF bringing the critically needed Force multipliers to bear in the war against boko haram terrorists turning the tide of the war in favor of Nigeria. The Air Marshal has also placed great emphasis on capacity building and personnel welfare visible with the numerous projects and training regime undertaken under his leadership. Today the Nigerian Air Force can deploy at very short notice on multiple theaters of war and project effective force on the full spectrum of air power: Air Interdiction, Close-Air-Support, ISR, Search And Rescue, Armed RECCE And Combat Air Patrol. Under his leadership the Nigerian Air Force continues it's expansion and modernization with the anticipated segmented delivery of new aircraft types into it's inventory for Air Operations for Strategic Effect (Long Range/Maritime Air Operations) And Counter-Air Operations. Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar hails from Bauchi State of Nigeria and loves flying.

Nice profiling sir... *Chop kiss*

So the man did Political Science, Pub Admin, and Strategic study.
He did nothing about Engineering, Aeronautics, etc ?? And yet he became a pilot and even a fighter pilot.
So why all the fuss today about allowing only those with Applied science to become pilots in NAF ??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2017
kikuyu1:
[s]I've just realised despite some screeching and finger pointing about African armies alleged underspending nobody has ever done a cost comparison in all the years of this thread;even on ToT.

[/b]

Point of all this being? Acquisitions and availability of warfighting equipment depends on not just your ready finance but financial capability.[/s]

Osheyyy awon ti minister of finance. grin grin grin
Kikikiki grin MR LIE WOLA. It's high time you stopped embarrassing yourself.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 15, 2017
tdayof:

Osheyyy awon ti minister of finance. grin grin grin
Kikikiki grin MR LIE WOLA. It's high time you stopped embarrassing yourself.
At least he made money of extra budgetary funds so in try small.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

At least he made money of extra budgetary funds so in try small.
Abi nau. I'm just waiting for pictures of the JF17. I hope Dafeng Cao gets some leak and post.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
tdayof:

Abi nau. I'm just waiting for pictures of the JF17. I hope Dafeng Cao gets some leak and post.
That's if the deliveries are coming from China right ??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2017
This guy is a good friend of mine.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Yes. We just need pictures in whatever way because I'm sure NAF will be covering those birds like they did to the Tucanos angry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
sudan air force mig -29 &su-24 jets

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
SealTeam6:

Nice profiling sir... *Chop kiss*

So the man did Political Science, Pub Admin, and Strategic study.
He did nothing about Engineering, Aeronautics, etc ?? And yet he became a pilot and even a fighter pilot.
So why all the fuss today about allowing only those with Applied science to become pilots in NAF ??

Warm thanks! Love ur moniker btw

He achieved those feats in academics as further studies after the basics for qualification as a pilot/fighter pilot in the Nigerian Air Force starting with the officer entry level courses which includes all the subjects such as aero-dynamics etc and training necessary to become a Pilot Officer at NDA. These are partakers of the Regular Officers course. The services also allow for Direct Short Service Courses for Nigerian University graduates where your focused discipline is adjudged relevant for which arm of the Armed Forces.

The Nigerian Air Force has a system of starting them young. I wrote my first Air Force Exams for admittance into Air Force Schools as a kid and the process goes on and on.

In Nigeria's military the further you study the better your chances of promotion to higher ranks. So you see young officers undertake further studies both in military courses and academic courses. Nigeria has military institutions starting from the prestigious NDA to armed forces command and staff college up to the National Defence college (formerly War college) to be upgraded to National Defence University. The Nigerian military places premium emphasis on military education and our military also allow highly coveted slots to foreign countries especially friendly African countries. It is believed Nigeria has Africa's best Military Educational Institutions however Nigeria allows it's Officers study exchanges with other such institutions in Africa, Europe, Russia and America.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 15, 2017
tdayof:

Yes. We just need pictures in whatever way because I'm sure NAF will be covering those birds like they did to the Tucanos angry
Cover ? Like hide their deliveries ? And what Tucanos.
I know NAF is expecting some units transferred from the Brazilian Air Force shouldn't be taking this long.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 8:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
Sizzorkay:
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/236985-nigeria-receives-five-fighter-jets-pakistan.html

our dear journalists grin
I don tire for them "Abandon all hope for all ye journalist embarassed
How on earth can they be this clueless?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
rugged7:
Pakistan Defence CMD‏ @PakDefenceCMD 2h2 hours ago

Pakistan Aeronautical Complex will Deliver 1st Batch of JF-17 Thunder to Nigerian Air Force in Next Few Weeks. #PAC #PAF #Nigeria #Pakistan

Excellent news!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Cover ? Like hide their deliveries ? And what Tucanos.
I know NAF is expecting some units transferred from the Brazilian Air Force shouldn't be taking this long.
No, like wrap them like the recent Super mushak. The Tucano was a typographical error. The Tucano from Brazil, are they new? Any update on the Yahbon flash too?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:45pm On Jul 15, 2017
Henry240:

Excellent news!!

I know you're happy grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
tdayof:
..confirmed too. I was being careful of posting this because of Henry240. He was going to ask for pictures which I don't have. My source claims to have pictures but damn we are on break and he wouldn't send to me the picture directly.

Edit: unit expected should be minimum of 4.

Yes Sir. I would have asked for pictures. grin grin grin

Good thing you didn't say it, i would have quickly labelled you a traitor.

Take it from me, you dodged a bullet! grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
tdayof:

I know you're happy grin grin

Yes Sir, after your cooked up Su-30 story. undecided undecided
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
Henry240:

Yes Sir, after you made me embarrass myself with that cooked up Su-30 story. undecided undecided
grin grin I was trying to calm down the thread then. I want NAF to add another aircraft tho. Maybe the J10.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Man, those planes are manufactured in China. I've not yet seen any proof to the contrary.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97