Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,678 members, 7,831,106 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5986414 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
CCTV footage showing this morning's armed assault that left 5 Egyptian policemen dead in Abu Sir, Al Badrashin (Giza)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKb32452SUg
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jakeporeshenkoo: 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
kikuyu1:

I'm going to have to step in here cause this is the shyt that ruined ToT as someone just said. Fyi,your Ship house boys were at DoD hq just after the Kismayu takedown requesting 2 things;
the tactical playbook
some KDF specops on scene in Mali to assist in N.A. ops.
They went and advised a BIG NO! Too many players and complicated politics. I DON'T TALK OUT MY ARSE,FIND A COLONEL OR HIGHER RANK TO CONFIRM THAT AT YOUR END.
Also sector 2, S Somalia is way bigger than your North East and is quiet, and has been since 2012. El Adde was outside the sector and was due to the carelessness of the coy commander as I said before.
I admit the KAF needs lift and fast jets but DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING NEAR OUR KDF EQUIPMENT? ? Light and heavy gunships,SCAR H not to mention non tac basics like proper pay. A KDF soldier on any level gets 4x his Naij counterpart. A private gets just under 50 k ksh, about 500 $ monthly with 50% more in combat. On all levels the pay disparity between our 2 nations is similar.
Stick to your NASF (what does that even mean?) pics instead of commenting cause your milItary knowledge sounds like the guy who SHOULD BE IN CHARGE OF THE MESS REPAIR KIT OR THE DUTY (cleaning) SQUAD AT THE DOG SECTION!!

Look what the KDF did on the fly. No time for a complicated fireplan just a hasty movement to action.
Read more at: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001247388/ps-mariam-el-maawy-rescued-by-kdf-after-being-abducted-by-al-shabaab

Can the N.A. react so decisively,so quickly? HONESTLY? Hell no!!

Can you please not compare your defence force of less than 30 thousand men to the Nigerian armed forces, thank you.
in fact for a force that size your guys should be significantly better equipped than they currently are.

Also I would appreciate if you could mention the impressive KDF equipment that NA,NAF and NN cannot outmatch significantly.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
jakeporeshenkoo:

nt that NA,NAF and NN cannot outmatch significantly.

What happened to your moniker?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DictatorZAR1: 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
SupremeCourt:
I hate to trade words but we should not bury our heads in sand like ostriches just because dem say make we no talk true. In the whole of Africa only Algeria and Nigeria have 2000 millenium large scale war experience and assorted light equipment and air flight mapping planes specially tailored for anti-terrorism. Libya is also getting good experience slowly, achieving much with little equipment. It was 2015 Abuja, big class military generals from South Africa invited themselves to Ship House, big cars drove in entourage with mission to request joint military training and exchange programme with Nigeria to tap the new millenium age rich experience from NA, NAF, NN, MOPOL, DSS on secrets of how they defeated Boko Haram despite arms embargo from USA, EU, NATO.

Unfortunately the Nigerian DHQ knew the mission and stylishly nicely respectfully denied the South Africans, they refused to share new millenium war knowledge and instead said we can both train freshmen entery level in exchange program, they barred any war experienced Nigerian from the South African exchange programme. I asked the junior officers why their bosses played that game on a fellow AU member, they said South African military wants to reap where they did not sow, but whatever that means, I probed no further, to me it was too harsh a manner to hide secrets from an AU member, terrorists are everybody's enemy. Why refuse to share Boko Haram secrets with an AU member? I dont get it, or is it about money, did the South Africans ask for freebies?

Yep plenty of experience killing children and burning down villagers. Did you forget to tell us you used SA mercs to turn the tide against BH.

Now tell your boss to ask your mods to remove my distasteful post because it goes against the epidemic symptoms of Nigerian egotistical artificial supremacy syndrome.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
French and Burkinabe joint exercise

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jakeporeshenkoo: 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2017
DictatorZAR1:

Yep plenty of experience killing children and burning down villagers. Did you forget to tell us you used SA mercs to turn the tide against BH.

Now tell your boss to ask your mods to remove my distasteful post because it goes against the epidemic symptoms of Nigerian egotistical artificial supremacy syndrome.
killing children? I hope you're aware that no amount of lies you spread on the internet will change the truth, reality on the ground as proven with several pictures shared on this thread is that the Nigerian armed forces have rescued thousands of civilians even launching a separate operation codenamed operation rescue finale within the AOR for this specific cause.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-4056466/Nigerian-troops-rescue-1-880-civilians-Boko-Haram-one-week-army.html

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
tdayof:

COIN? i doubt we will use them. they can perforn armed ISR tho
we could outfit it with those our Russian UB-32-57 Rocket Launcher pods and some imported PGMs.

however, I taught we were already mass producing the air beettle which appears like it has similar characteristics. I wonder what came about Fasasi.'
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by horlams: 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2017
lionel4power:
we could outfit it with those our Russian UB-32-57 Rocket Launcher pods and some imported PGMs.

however, I taught we were already mass producing the air beettle which appears like it has similar characteristics. I wonder what came about Fasasi.'

With that tiny engine? No, i think not
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 14, 2017
jakeporeshenkoo:

son of a gun gave me a ban for breaking rule 18 during the thread war, I wonder what I advertised.

Lol..... Enjoy it. grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DictatorZAR1: 8:30pm On Jul 14, 2017
ssaengine:

Sounds like Augustine is back
Secondedgrin

Thought I was the only 1 who noticed the grammar correlation of NL legendary accountant aka US military analysts.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:37pm On Jul 14, 2017
horlams:

With that tiny engine? No, ithink not
the UB-32-57 rocket weighs just 260kg while the Super Mushshak can carry 300kg extra payload with 3 crews but if 1 or 2 crew member is absent then the payload can be doubled.

or we should just do a local upgrade and increase the engines output its within our capacity
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DictatorZAR1: 8:37pm On Jul 14, 2017
jakeporeshenkoo:

killing children? I hope you're aware that no amount of lies you spread on the internet will change the truth, reality on the ground as proven with several pictures shared on this thread is that the Nigerian armed forces have rescued thousands of civilians even launching a separate operation codenamed operation rescue finale within the AOR for this specific cause.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-4056466/Nigerian-troops-rescue-1-880-civilians-Boko-Haram-one-week-army.html

Oh yes the lies DHQ and your village Master Henry tells you.
https://apnews.com/1aed766681114c219410457f5c26b454/nigeria-military-jet-mistakenly-bombs-refugees-aid-workers

You bomb villagers too don't you yes read my lies, because its my lies that make no Western nation sell arms to your criminals/army.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
lionel4power:

I have no update on the air beetle tho. I would ask in few weeks time. Isn't the air beetle unmanned??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
tdayof:

I have no update on the air beetle tho. I would ask in few weeks time. Isn't the air beetle unmanned??
when I was in the Premier Air Force base in Kaduna last year I saw more than a dozen of them lying about, a good number of them was also used for static display
but sometimes early this year someone posted that the NAF wanted to convert some of them to drones. maybe they scraped the idea who knows?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
DictatorZAR1:

[s]Oh yes the lies DHQ and your village Master Henry tells you.
https://apnews.com/1aed766681114c219410457f5c26b454/nigeria-military-jet-mistakenly-bombs-refugees-aid-workers

You bomb villagers too don't you yes read my lies, because its my lies that make no Western nation sell arms to your criminals/army. [/s]
Now face your front. Here are guys operating 4++ aircrafts doing so alot of times. Mr. We value our citizens life. shekau can testify that's why his guys used civilians as shield during NAF Airstrike knowing fully that NAF won't strike their position . The Airstrike was recorded by BHT.

http://theantimedia.org/syria-225-civilians-killed-us-airstrikes/
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/20/us-airstrike-allegedly-kills-56-civilians-in-northern-syria
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/22/world/middleeast/syria-us-airstrike.html
https://www.yahoo.com/news/afghan-police-nato-airstrike-kills-civilians-053006484.html

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
lionel4power:
when I was in the Premier Air Force base in Kaduna last year I saw more than a dozen of them lying about, a good number of them was also used for static display
but sometimes early this year someone posted that the NAF wanted to convert some of them to drones. maybe they scraped the idea who knows?

Yes. They will be flying unmanned. The project progress is what I don't know now.

We need more UCAV. Armed ISR should be well conducted.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jakeporeshenkoo: 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
DictatorZAR1:

You bomb villagers too don't you yes read my lies, because its my lies that make no Western nation sell arms to your criminals/army.

key word: mistakenly
that is an isolated event, Apart from this one time out of a thousand combat sorties flown by NAF monthly NAF has a clean record.

The US just like any other country in the world looks after its interest before that of any other country, the US does not want a powerful Nigeria or else it will do everything in its power to make sure nothing in the region can oppose us just like they have done with the Saudis.

the Gulf states have very disgusting human rights records but western countries have their interest so they continue to supply them equipment, why don't you ask yourself that

As one thread member here once stated, after Buhari (a no nonsense man) became president, he went on a working visit to the US and after they refused the sale of vital equipment he looked the US officials in the eyes and told them they support BHTs.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
DictatorZAR1:

You bomb villagers too don't you yes read lies, because its my lies that make no Western nation sell arms to your criminals/army.
no air force is perfect.

even the USAF still hits civilians many ti
mes. When the incident happened the NAF quickly denounced it and apologized.

The fact that your country does not publizise its activities doesn't make them better. infact you should be suspicious.

that's if your country has an Air Force?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:

Yes, they are new. However those guys have operated extensively in the Niger-Delta, the North-East, Mali, Ivory Coast and Gambia. Including in Cameroon, Tchad and Niger.

So yeah, i insist, nomenclature is irrelevant, what they have achieved in the short time should be your only concern.
Are they called operators or do they refer to themselves as operators?

Simple questions. I don't care about their ops.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:22pm On Jul 14, 2017
tdayof:

We've made some mistakes due to corruption and bad leadership. Nigeria has a country should have never requested for eeben Barlow's assistance.
In terms of training, we had it but the guys morale was do down. They played politics with terrorism and our troops were under armed.

I want you to know if it was an invasion by a foreign military, such thing won't happen. BHT was politically motivated and the military and defence chiefs then were full of corruption.

The Nigerian military now is undergoing alot of reforms and we've seen great developments. However, the fact that BHT made joke of our military then still remains in the news. The Nigerian military however still hold it's position as one of the best in Africa.

The government needs to review it's procurement policies and fasten up things. Those Yahbon flash UAV, the JF17. We need more things from the Navy, I'm interested in that SSV as that will challenge NN for AA, ashw etc.

Some of these arguments here are unnecessary.
You can't deny the successes or contribution of those PMCs. From Angola bringing them in is like having or adding a paratroopers brigade worth of men in your armed forces.

There's no such thing as the best in the military world. The US was defeated by Vietnam. Russia was defeated in Chechnya.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 9:25pm On Jul 14, 2017
upko1:

Its better I sound crude than lost.

For a peace time country, south africa is surely kicking asx, forget plenty grammar.
See truth talk am.

They hold brigade sized exercises because
They can
They are serious
Learnt from our horrible mess of a peace time military.

Bye.

You are not only crude but also lost. I laugh in Chinese. U are here touting SA "holding brigade sized exercises cos it can" not comprehending the prism why we question it.
SA can, really? Because u watch too much TV or YouTube or of course their pics, seeing them move what looks like an Army in open field shooting blanks. Some of them here won't see the light cos of national pride still others are here I know, know the truth but won't wash their dirty linen in public like u.

Let me give u some intelligence on the present state of SA' military: SANDF present capabilities exists on paper. South Africa's military lacks the capacity to mount credible lethal offensive for a decisive victory in combat. This is an Army it's soldiers coming under live fire in Sudan didn't want to be anywhere near it. I can give u more but I'll leave it here. U can challenge it as usual with no intellectual or empirical proof as usual because of cause u want to be heard.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by peterphd(m): 9:32pm On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:
NAF GRADUATES 298 REGIMENT PERSONNEL TRAINED IN SPECIAL WARFARE

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has graduated another batch of 298 regiment personnel trained in special warfare by the British Military Assistance Training Team (BMATT). Of the graduating personnel, 235 went through the Basic Regiment Airmen's Course to enhance their capacity for airfield defence. The additional six-week special warfare course was aimed at developing the capacity of personnel in force protection in complex air ground environment. Some of the personnel also received classes on instructional techniques to enable them train other NAF personnel in special warfare.

Speaking at the graduation ceremony, the Guest of Honour, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, reiterated the commitment of the NAF to human capacity development. The CAS noted that the special warfare training became necessary to protect the limited resources available, including critical air assets, to undertake the NAF's statutory responsibilities. He urged graduands to optimize the gains of their training in such a way that it would add value to the society, assuring them of the NAF's continued commitment to the creation of a conducive environment for training and effective discharge of their duties. Air Marshal Abubakar further charged the graduating regiment personnel to have respect for the rule of law and human rights in the discharge of their duties. “Our social contract with the Nigerian people is one we cannot afford to take for granted, especially now that much more responsibilities are vested in us”, he said.

In their remarks, both the Chairman Senate Committee on Air Force, who was represented by Senator Aliyu Wakili, and the Chairman House Committee on Air Force, Honourable Samson Okwu, were full of praises for the NAF leadership owing to the evident progress made by the NAF in recent times. They also promised to continue doing their best to encourage the NAF by giving every necessary support. Given the importance of bases in the air power delivery matrix, the training would enable the regiment personnel to respond to a wide range of situations that might threaten NAF bases across the country. To further demonstrate the importance attached to regiment training, it would be recalled that the CAS only recently joined the NAF Regiment personnel during a bush exercise organised in Kaduna. A total of 66 instructors from BMATT were involved in the training programme.

DOPRI

Does passing this course equal a promotion for the airmen involved?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 9:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
lionel4power:
am liking this guy... you're realistic but the sad truth is that you're pouring valuable water on a rock.

lionel I take u for a gentleman. Pls I expect better from u. That guy is no realistic but utterly ignorant and clueless.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 9:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
MikeCZA:
You can't deny the successes or contribution of those PMCs. From Angola bringing them in is like having or adding a paratroopers brigade worth of men in your armed forces.

There's no such thing as the best in the military world. The US was defeated by Vietnam. Russia was defeated in Chechnya.
I see no big deal in what they've done. We had guys whose capability match up with theirs. No big deal just politics being played.

Oh yes. There's no such thing like the best aircraft In the world. All fighter jets kill.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
Covert1:

You are not only crude but also lost. I laugh in Chinese. U are here touting SA "holding brigade sized exercises cos it can" not comprehending the prism why we question it.
SA can, really? Because u watch too much TV or YouTube or of course their pics, seeing them move what looks like an Army in open field shooting blanks. Some of them here won't see the light cos of national pride still others are here I know, know the truth but won't wash their dirty linen in public like u.

Let me give u some intelligence on the present state of SA' military: SANDF present capabilities exists on paper. South Africa's military lacks the capacity to mount credible lethal offensive for a decisive victory in combat. This is an Army it's soldiers coming under live fire in Sudan didn't want to be anywhere near it. I can give u more but I'll leave it here. U can challenge it as usual with no intellectual or empirical proof as usual because of cause u want to be heard.
bro,for peace sake,such comments are so on called for,it starts what we all hate.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2017
SupremeCourt:

No army can be trusted without being tested in modern age anti-terror war. Kenyans and Ugandans were mocking Nigeria's early failure with Boko Haram, until Somalia terrorist gangs began to post many You Tube videos of how uneducated jihadists demolished Ugandan and Kenyan army bases, killed their soldiers, army officers ran away, and jihadists took over huge stock of weapons loaded in whole army bases. Since then, no Kenyan or Ugandan laughs at Nigerian army again, after lesson learn. No army can be trusted until it is tested in real shooting war on terror.

Mmmh, what's your point? South Africa has operated bases almost in every continent besides the Americans and Australia. We have never ran away and left any base be it Northern Namibia or Korea, North Africa while engaging the Italians.

So you based your statement on staying in a base and fight? Then you're probably infinity years behind South Africa because our record of base keeping has not been broken.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
Covert1:

That doesn't reflect on the quality of training or capabilities but funding. The defence force has soldiers but faces problems in operationalising. Putting "warm bodies" on the ground and supporting them.

Regarding Sudan there was no point of staying there if the host keeps refusing for the troops on the ground to be better equipped.

Remember Nigeria pulled out of Sudan.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
Covert1:

Dude, let's not go there because we all know where it leads.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:51pm On Jul 14, 2017
tdayof:

I see no big deal in what they've done. We had guys whose capability match up with theirs. No big deal just politics being played.

Oh yes. There's no such thing like the best aircraft In the world. All fighter jets kill.
The group under their leadership did a lot.

There's no such again. Unless they are compared in roles.

The Rafale is better than the Eurofighter in the air to ground role but doesn't make it overall better fighter. But there are categories. Looked at the Indians they have the Tejas but still want something between the Tejas and Rafale.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
Covert1 your seriously derailing
No need to reply stuff all the time use the discussion thread

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 14, 2017
SANDF exercises.
You guys should leave all these arguments and post pictures, in the event that you have nothing to post then watch and enjoy !

I just got off my temporary ban and I want to apologize to anyone I insulted during the thread wars. Anyways long live Africa.

In other news there are some serious issues heating up in our neck of the woods, France is putting together a sort of Anti-terror coalition comprising of west African francophone countries and we have been completely left out, any idea the consequences this may have for Nigeria ?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.