Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5970747 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:23pm On Jul 26, 2017
patches689:

I didnt say anything because I was still looking for more info. But its the tanks on the left that interests me.

I think the one you put a box around is a type 88 - look at the smoke dispensers.

The one on the left is the one I cant figure out. Either T72 or Type 99. T72 road-wheels but that ERA is Type 99-ish.

IDK WTF is going on anymore
i keep forgetting the 85 ,its type 85 ll MBT,
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2017
US CIA air assets somewhere in African soil

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2017
A Kenyan Air Force F 5 Tiger

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2017
Zambia Air Force first female Top Gun 2nd LT Thokozile Muwamba.

South Africans any word on Major. Catherine Labuschagne (callsign 'Siren' ) who flew Impalas, Hawk 120, Cheetah and Gripen?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2017
Henry240:

Thank goodness!!

I've always wanted us to get this as a QRF vehicle. Cameroun and Ethiopia use the GAIA Thunder in this role. We also saw the Plasan Sandcat used by the Senegalese in Mali.

Is this for the Air Force?

So, where is the ARA? cool cool

GAIA Thunder, below

are this proforce productions?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2017
lionel4power:
A Kenyan Air Force F 5 Tiger

its a F-5EM of brazil air force wink

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
gripenc:

What's the story here? Training together?
Multinational army games most likely.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2017
Nicheey:

are this proforce productions?

The one on top is from Proforce defence, the one below is Israeli.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2017
As shared by the Ugandan President

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 26, 2017
gripenc:

What's the story here? Training together?
No not exactly, they are preparing for the international army games which will be hosted by Russia,China and a few other countries.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2017
A few photos of the only Eland armoured car known to be in a European museum.

This one currently resides at Kubinka in Russia. Where the Russians got it from remains a mystery. Some have theorised it was one of those lost at Ebo in Angola. Others have suggested it was actually an ex-Zimbabwean vehicle donated to Kubinka by that country after 1980.

Note: the plaque for this particular exhibit erroneously states it is a French-built Panhard AML. It is not - the Dunlop tyres, roof pintle mount, extra antennae mounts, and the number of lug nuts are all telltale signs indicating its South African origin.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2017
holy sh@t thats a uganda T-90 tank

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2017
lionel4power:
Zambia Air Force first female Top Gun 2nd LT Thokozile Muwamba.

South Africans any word on Major. Catherine Labuschagne (callsign 'Siren' ) who flew Impalas, Hawk 120, Cheetah and Gripen?

Lol what kind of word? She's presumably still in the air force.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by walemoney007(m): 6:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
Investigators set up to fish out perpetrators

The last may not have been heard of the recent redeployment of 649, officers among them seven Major-Generals, 45 Brigadier-Generals and 597 by Army authorities who are said to have concluded plans to investigate how the document tagged “top secret” got to the public.

Top Army sources told Daily Sun that those to be investigated were mostly personnel attached to the office of the military Secretary, Army, located at the Mambilla barracks, who is responsible for the promotion, appointment and redeployment of officers in the Nigerian army.

Already, a team of investigators comprising mostly of personnel of the Nigerian Army Intelligence Corps(NAIC), have been directed to fish out those responsible for the dastardly act of betrayal which the army is not funding funny.

The team of investigators who are said to have commenced work to fish out those army authorities described as ” disloyal”, to the system, Daily Sun, gathered would soon pick up those perceived to have connived with their collaborator to leak the said document.

The investigators Daily Sun, gathered would upon completing their assignment are expected to hand over the suspects to personnel of Nigerian Army Corp of Military Police(NACMP), for possible prosecution before a General Court Martial.

Sources further hinted that the investigators may spread their dragnet to officers who got copies of the said document, that is perceived to have a religious, political, tribal and vindictive motives in some quarters.

Unlike the the Nigerian Air Force(NAF), that makes public names of newly promoted officers and new appointment of officers to the various units and commands of the NAF, the sources say the army may not have made the list public owe to ulterior motives which is now causing a ripple amongst personnel.

Sources say already, there is tension in the department of Army secretary as personnel now live in fear, as most of their phone lines, email messages and Whatsapp messages suspected to have been used to send the document are being tampered with by investigators.

The Army authorities have been enmeshed in scandals of lopsided promotions and appointments which forced the army church Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, to issue a warning to personnel against leaking secret documents to the public.

Before issuing the warning, Buratai had organised a seminar for clerks and other personnel responsible for keeping records to educate them on how best to safeguard secret documents not to jeopardize national security and unauthorized disclosure of information, which is subject to official secret act.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by walemoney007(m): 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
walemoney007:
Investigators set up to fish out perpetrators

The last may not have been heard of the recent redeployment of 649, officers among them seven Major-Generals, 45 Brigadier-Generals and 597 by Army authorities who are said to have concluded plans to investigate how the document tagged “top secret” got to the public.

Top Army sources told Daily Sun that those to be investigated were mostly personnel attached to the office of the military Secretary, Army, located at the Mambilla barracks, who is responsible for the promotion, appointment and redeployment of officers in the Nigerian army.

Already, a team of investigators comprising mostly of personnel of the Nigerian Army Intelligence Corps(NAIC), have been directed to fish out those responsible for the dastardly act of betrayal which the army is not funding funny.

The team of investigators who are said to have commenced work to fish out those army authorities described as ” disloyal”, to the system, Daily Sun, gathered would soon pick up those perceived to have connived with their collaborator to leak the said document.

The investigators Daily Sun, gathered would upon completing their assignment are expected to hand over the suspects to personnel of Nigerian Army Corp of Military Police(NACMP), for possible prosecution before a General Court Martial.

Sources further hinted that the investigators may spread their dragnet to officers who got copies of the said document, that is perceived to have a religious, political, tribal and vindictive motives in some quarters.

Unlike the the Nigerian Air Force(NAF), that makes public names of newly promoted officers and new appointment of officers to the various units and commands of the NAF, the sources say the army may not have made the list public owe to ulterior motives which is now causing a ripple amongst personnel.

Sources say already, there is tension in the department of Army secretary as personnel now live in fear, as most of their phone lines, email messages and Whatsapp messages suspected to have been used to send the document are being tampered with by investigators.

The Army authorities have been enmeshed in scandals of lopsided promotions and appointments which forced the army church Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, to issue a warning to personnel against leaking secret documents to the public.

Before issuing the warning, Buratai had organised a seminar for clerks and other personnel responsible for keeping records to educate them on how best to safeguard secret documents not to jeopardize national security and unauthorized disclosure of information, which is subject to official secret act.

we need a total dissolution of this useless hell hole called Nigeria, restructure and any other nonsense won't work.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2017
Algerian1:

its a F-5EM of brazil air force wink

hmmm I bow to superior pictorial evidence

for your reward I give you s picture of this Camerroonian 122 mm Soltam self propelled Mortar ready to release 'plunging fire' on unfortunate BHT.

Camerroon BIR has 12 units.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 26, 2017
lionel4power:
hmmm I bow to superior pictorial evidence

for your reward I .

You knew perfectly well it is not a Kenyan Air Force F-5, yet you still went ahead to post it.

Why you usually do this, i find rather ridiculous. You do this sort of thing repeatedly, please endeavour to always post on topic or you clearly indicate like every other person does, that you're posting a non Africa related content.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 6:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
Henry240:

You knew perfectly well it is not a Kenyan Air Force F-5, yet you still went ahead to post it.

Why you usually do this, i find rather ridiculous. You do this sort of thing repeatedly, please endeavour to always post on topic or you clearly indicate like every other person does, that you're posting a non Africa related content.
It was clearly an error.

The last time I made such error was when I posted a Euro-Fighter Typhoon for a SAAB Gripen.
Where I got the picture tagged it as a Kenyan F5... you need to relax

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:03pm On Jul 26, 2017
He's apparently called "The Mig"

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2017
walemoney007:
we need a total dissolution of this useless hell hole called Nigeria, restructure and any other nonsense won't work.
Please take your political discussion to another political thread, this is for posting of videos and Pictures of African Militaries, Henry please take note of the fellow.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
UPDF special forces paratroopers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
lionel4power:

It was clearly an error.

The last time I made such error was when I posted a Euro-Fighter Typhoon for a SAAB Gripen.
Where I got the picture tagged it as a Kenyan F5... you need to relax

I'm relaxed.

I'm only pleading with you to stop posting what you know clearly is inaccurate, as an Africa related content. In the event you want to post, indicate just like everyone one else.

It is re-occurring.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2017
ssaengine:
He's apparently called "The Mig"

Haha epic.

Some say he completed advanced tactical training at the age of 12... all we know is he’s called the mig! grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by walemoney007(m): 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
LTGEN:

Please take your political discussion to another political thread, this is for posting of videos and Pictures of African Militaries, Henry please take note of the fellow.
mtchewww
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2017
I am 1% sure that this was our batch of tucano untill it was sold off to another ready customer.

according to my source
PiCs clearly unrelated

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:57pm On Jul 26, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Haha epic.

Some say he completed advanced tactical training at the age of 12... all we know is he’s called the mig! grin

I miss Jeremy, Hammond and James
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2017
jteku:

I miss Jeremy, Hammond and James
they have their own show, sponsored by amazon it’s called The Grand Tour.
Anyways let’s not derail too much

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
lionel4power:
hmmm I

Camerroon BIR has 12 units.

Nice.. Keep the BIR pics coming mate
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Troop101: 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2017
ssaengine:

Lol what kind of word? She's presumably still in the air force.
on course at AFB Langebaanweg and she is Lt Col.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 26, 2017
tdayof:
This is the best I can upload.

The UAV program has gone far with the program files etc amounting over 13GB in size.

Had no access to the specification sheet as the place itself was not open.

Engine : sourced from a German company.

Alot of foreign contractors and expert had to get involved but project is ongoing still.

I wish I could attach the picture but once there's something I can attach, I'll update.

Hopefully, a prototype should fly next year January or end of this year.
The reports keep getting better and better.

Any preliminary designs available, even if it's just a CGI?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 12:10am On Jul 27, 2017
newafricaken254:
an egyptian army M-60 tank driver crushed a suicide borne vehicle IED ,after realizing the terrorist evil intention.thus allowing civilians to flee,but moment later it exploded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBFs9mniMjk&t=14s

1: VBIED was jammed.
2: VBIED halt before reaching the tank. There's two probabilities why this happened. (a) The driver was shot dead (maybe by a sniper or from any of the soldiers standing close to the checkpoint). (b) the VBIED driver was frantically trying to detonate the IED which make him slow the vehicle speed and halt because of the urgency to detonate where the soldiers are located as it's obvious it was jammed.
3: The tank was proactive. Number (2b) comes to mind. IMO, the tank mauled and crushed the VBIED as a way of neutralizing the VBIED driver maybe because of scenario number (2b) above.
4: Order of Firepower and Survivability. Tank, MRAP(jammer), another MRAP(probably carrying soldiers) and Humvee. They retreated in that same order with the tank then shielding the rest of the convoy from the blast.

One of the lessons here is to invest in what could turn the battle in your favor. At least, the jammer was able to buy them time and get both civilians and soldiers to Safety before the blast.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1304) (1305) (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.