Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5982813 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
Egyptian Air Force receiving 2 new Rafales, the grand total is expected to reach 12 by the end of this year

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
Egyptian air force personnel loading a AASM Hammer Precision-Guided Munition with a range of 60km, 500 munitions were ordered by the Egyptian air force

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2017

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 27, 2017
author=Obostone
jUNGLE eXERCISE MORE TO COME STAY TUNED.

Nice one charlè grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2017
Are those 2 women ?
Cameroonian army.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2017
Cameroonian Elite rapid intervention battalion operating.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 27, 2017
Cameroonian BIR, these guys are in every hotspot.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2017

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2017
Algerian Mi-28NE

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2017
Mi- 171Sh Algeria

25 july 2017

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
jln115:

special forces
Both.
The 3 events in which we're participating:
1) Depth - MRS and 4 Recce;
2) Sniper - 4&5 Recce;
3) Airborne - Paras, Pathfinders and 5 Recce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 27, 2017
frumentius:

Both.
The 3 events in which we're participating:
1) Depth - MRS and 4 Recce;
2) Sniper - 4&5 Recce;
3) Airborne - Paras, Pathfinders and 5 Recce.

Fair enough but the ones in the photo who were visible were Recces.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Cameroonian BIR, these guys are in every hotspot.
B.I.R would be the first responders (tactical) in case of any conflict with Nigeria.

Tip of the Spear

I'll love to see a B.I.R vs AFSF engagement (don't judge me)

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2017
lionel4power:
B.I.R would be the first responders (tactical) in case of any conflict with Nigeria.

Tip of the Spear

Hope you mean this hypothetically.
Anyways It’ll depend on the terrain/environment, in the creeks it won’t be a fair fight.

As someone here once stated there’s no “best in the world” special forces, they are trained to fight different fights.

Outcome could depend on:
Location (swamp around Niger delta, highlands)
Duration (one group could run out of amo first)
Air support and reinforcement

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
NAF Discipline

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 8:35pm On Jul 27, 2017
lionel4power:

Tip of the Spear

Lol
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Anyways It’ll depend on the terrain/environment, in the creeks it won’t be a fair fight.

As someone here once stated there’s no “best in the world” special forces, they are trained to fight different fights.

Outcome could depend on:

Cameroon and and Nigeria have similar terrain/environment. Maybe Chad can would be a different story. The Chadians are good in the desert.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2017
Iblawi1:

Cameroon and and Nigeria have similar terrain/environment. Maybe Chad can would be a different story. The Chadians are good in the desert.

Yeah Nigeria has an abundance of amphibious forces but not AFSF, that is why it wouldn’t be a fair match, rather match BIR against SBS, both are all rounders.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Yeah Nigeria has an abundance of amphibious forces but not AFSF, that is why it wouldn’t be a fair match, rather match BIR against SBS, both are all rounders.
AFSF commandos went through amphibious [url]
jakeporeshenko:

AFSF commandos went through amphibious [/url]
jakeporeshenko:

AFSF commandos went through amphibious courses too, but I am not sure they are in to the creeks thou. A war is not in the best interest for Nigeria now IMO
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2017
Iblawi1:

AFSF. Pakistan terrain desert
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Outcome could depend on:
I wanted to say B.I.R VS SBS initially but I reasoned that they were dissimilar.

B.I.R is a special force unit encompassing many spectrum of warfare but SBS is more specific (although they are diversifying lately)

Nobody runs out of ammunition in todays warfare (you run out of money instead) Jesus Christ have you been existing in a cave? Even ISIS has not run out of ammo till date.

REPOST
A Camerroonian soldier manning a Serbian made Zastava mo2 coyote 12.7 mm HMG waiting for BHT to mess up. (literally) on the border

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 10:13pm On Jul 27, 2017
http://odili.net/news/source/2017/jul/27/508.html
And then there were three War Colleges
First: Nigerian Air-force established it own and graduated it's own :
http://www.airforce.mil.ng/post-nigerian_air_force_air_war_college_graduates_first_set_of_participants
Second: Nigerian Army
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/227784-buratai-announces-commencement-army-war-college.html
Third: The Nigerian Navy
Let me be clear it is not a competition thing especially with all things being equal the NN being the APEX security agency in charge of Nigeria's valuable marine assets has a clearly defined role to play.
Their is a need that bh exposed for officers of the big three for their LT. COL AND COLONELS ( and their equivalents in the NN AND NAF) to understand in terms of warfare leadership and command responsibilities.
Congratulations to the NN .

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2017
lionel4power:

Tip of the Spear

won't that be violating our territorial sovereign??
Cameroonian BIR entering Nigeria to counter threats,what about our AFSF ,Rangers,And other special forces?? mbok talk well abeg
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2017
lionel4power:

I wanted to say B.I.R VS SBS initially but I reasoned that they were dissimilar.

B.I.R is a special force unit encompassing many spectrum of warfare but SBS is more specific (although they are diversifying lately

Nobody runs out of ammunition in todays warfare (you run out of money instead)Jesus Christ have you been existing in a cave? Even ISIS has not run out of ammo till date.

Is BIR tri service?

What about NA special forces guys? Is it that they merged them with AFSF ?
All SF in NE are either AFSF or SBS.
The navy guys in AFSF, are they from the SBS or just the regulars groomed into SF?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:22pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nicheey:

Cameroonian BIR entering Nigeria to counter threats,what about our AFSF ,Rangers,And other special forces?? mbok talk well abeg
As part of the MNJTF, Cameroon BIR Operates in Nigeria. Which means wherever they're operating in our territory, they're operating with our guys.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:26pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nicheey:

theres some sort of agreement between Nigeria, Chad, Camerroon and Nigeria in pursuing BHT because B.I.R Operation Thunder 1 was conducted mainly in Nigeria border with the support of Camerroonian mi-24 Hind and Alpha jets.....

They frequently routed BHT in Nigeria

Our Special forces were doing what special forces do best
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 10:28pm On Jul 27, 2017
tdayof:

As part of the MNJTF, Cameroon BIR Operates in Nigeria. Which means wherever they're operating in our territory, they're operating with our guys.

okay understood,thought they'd just cross over without permission
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 10:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
lionel4power:
theres some sort of agreement between Nigeria, Chad, Camerroon and Nigeria in pursuing BHT because B.I.R Operation Thunder 1 was conducted mainly in Nigeria border with the support of Camerroonian mi-24 Hind and Alpha jets.....

They frequently routed BHT in Nigeria

Our Special forces were doing what special forces do best

understood ,pardon my curiosity ,which country are you actually from??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 11:02pm On Jul 27, 2017
Iblawi1:

Research topic spotted

Covert1 your response is needed if you have the time on the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/1962290/african-militaries-strictly-discussions-thread/17

Gentleman, I did make a response. Time is of the essence and really no time. The earlier one is lost but I put up something up now. I'd assume u've already done more research.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1306) (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.