Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,977 members, 7,835,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5993135 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2017
GreenandGold:

Nemesis don't pretend like you don't wanna take a sniff at a woman's underwear before you die. We all you're beyond redemption grin

nah

i dont have misplaced priorities

i would rather sniff a women then her undies grin

as for redemption that's for god/aliens to do

cant blame me for faulty human design / experimentation kiss

"we are our desires" Sigmund Freud
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:35pm On Aug 07, 2017

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Adminisher: 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2017
Xbee007:

Or the birds are already here cos 4 days ago NAF told residents of Maiduguri not to panick when they see their aircrafts flying at night. Or are our Alpha Jets capable of flying at night? undecided undecided undecided

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/239087-nigerian-air-force-allays-fears-night-flights-maiduguri.html

Where you got the impression that all NAF aircraft are incapable of night flight I don't know. Who says upgrades Alpha jets don't fly at night.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Adminisher: 5:00pm On Aug 07, 2017
M14A1:

I get upset each time I come across that special package B.S, when a report online clearly states that the tucanos would come with the most basic configuration.

beegeagle had this to say on the proposed frogfoot and SOCAT deal

Nigeria is one of the few third world countries that cannot be swindled in defence procurement. If there is a swindled, know that it is perpetrated by Nigerians themselves. India is also difficult to swindle. I don't know why these things are so but they just are.
We are acquiring these aircraft under these terms because we need them badly and YES they are better for what we need them for than any other aircraft in the world. Let me say it again for emphasis ; " they are better than every other aircraft in the role we want to deploy them for". Please forget jet aircraft for COIN. Forget high flying SU 30 series. This is the aircraft we need.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2017
Lesson for ignorant noisemakers. Read every word carefully in the official American government report below and learn not to talk imaginary opinions from your poorly informed minds about details you do not have.

The USA State Department approved sale of A-29 Super Tucano attack planes to Nigeria in a deal worth $593 million. News release from Defence Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) reports it includes the 12 aircraft as well as “all associated weapons and ammunition, training, spare parts, aviation and ground support equipment, hangar facilities, and infrastructure required to support the program".

All questions regarding this proposed Foreign Military Sale should be directed to the State Department's Bureau of Political Military Affairs, Office of Congressional and Public Affairs, pm-cpa@state.gov.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Adminisher: 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2017
SupremeCourt:
Lesson for ignorant noisemakers. Read every word carefully in the official American government report below and learn not to talk imaginary opinions from your poorly informed minds about details you do not have.

The USA State Department approved sale of A-29 Super Tucano attack planes to Nigeria in a deal worth $593 million. News release from Defence Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) reports it includes the 12 aircraft as well as “all associated weapons and ammunition, training, spare parts, aviation and ground support equipment, hangar facilities, and infrastructure required to support the program".

All questions regarding this proposed Foreign Military Sale should be directed to the State Department's Bureau of Political Military Affairs, Office of Congressional and Public Affairs, pm-cpa@state.gov.

We are paying for a capability, a program. Not 12 aircraft but a complete system. This is not jankara market. The last time we bought aircraft with faulty support infrastructure, 3 of them dropped from the sky.

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:23pm On Aug 07, 2017
patches689:
"Potassium permanganate!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwG5MVBl63E

He might make it sound funny but his lessons are life and death in the bush especially if you fell off the the sky behind enemy line.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 07, 2017
just to chip in ........

what r the roles generally envisaged for COIN optimized aircraft's ?

1.CAS. it is air action by aircraft's against hostile targets that are in close proximity to friendly forces and that require detailed integration's of each air mission with the fire and movement of those forces.

2.Interdiction. an action to divert, disrupt, delay, or destroy the enemy’s military surface capability before it can be used effectively against friendly forces, or to otherwise achieve objectives.

3.Armed Reconnaissance. observation element integrated into the fighting element.

qualities generally required for COIN optimized platforms

1. minimum operating and support (O&S) costs

2. increased loiter time and high endurance

3. minimum turnaround time

4. minimum logistic footprint

5. versatile weapons payload inclusive of PGMs etc

6. excellent low-altitude capability

7. high survival rate

8. capability to use ISR sensors and relay the same

9. increased flexibility to weapon types load out

10. increased adaptability to operate in multiple operating environments

etc

in my opinion a good COIN optimized platforms role is 3 fold

1.firepower
2.intelligence
3.command and control

this allows for

1.reduced sensor-to-shooter timeline
2.use as a aerial forward air controller (FAC) in support of fighters jets etc
3.timely and effective mission execution
4.high efficiency vis a vis the ratio of aircraft sorties to targets hit
5.low collateral damage
6.seamless integration of vertical and horizontal hostile target engagement

etc

also many COIN optimized aircraft's can be used as a basic/advanced trainer.

note it is personal opinion and can be wrong

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
SupremeCourt:

Everyone has read it. If you want to be in denial so be it. How many aircraft did Indonesia get, what package and at what price? Go google it. Keep in mind Indonesia operates F-16's, so there was no "ummm...but....maybe" in selling such technology to them as was the case with Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gripenc: 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2017
Is the Romanian IAR 330 Socat the one with the Denel GI-2 20mm?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 07, 2017
I’m no expert and I’d never pretend to be one but I am sure there is a lasting solutions to one of NAFs biggest issue (base security and defense).

If NAF is so worried about an attack on one of its operational bases in the Northeast that it has put out several warning to FG and even invited the British to help train airmen’s on special air base defense techniques.

why can’t the air bases be beefed up with 360 degrees perimeter fences and access control, drones patrolling the area around the base and even UGVs

Something similar to what the Russians have set up at their base in Syria.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 10:30pm On Aug 07, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
I’m not expert and I’d never pretend to be one but I am sure there is a lasting solutions to one of NAFs biggest issue (base security and defense).

If NAF is so worried about an attack on one of its operational bases in the Northeast that it has put out several warning to FG and even invited the British to help train airmen’s on special air base defense techniques.

why can’t the air bases be beefed up with 360 degrees perimeter fences and access control, drones patrolling the area around the base and even UGVs

Something similar to what the Russians have set up at their base in Syria.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying, however the CAS 'S belief is beyond that : From the two years that the CAS has been at the helm his abiding principle has been in TRAINING, HUMAN CAPACITY in terms of Leadership, Welfare and then procurement.
There have been very good Air chiefs before DIKE and PETIRIN come to mind however none except the NAF CHIEF at the beginning of the CIVIL WAR have faced such daunting challenges, I believe this is what guides his decision making process, his emphasis and repeat emphasis on the QRF followed by the NAF Special Forces Regiment , followed by the NAF Base protection regiment is very deliberate and it stems i believe from one incident: The BH attack on Maiduguri Airport that destroyed two of the NAF'S newest MI-35, he has constantly drummed it into every serving member in the NAF (never again ) .
Today NAF have been trained in BASE protection by the British, another 450 are being trained by the Israeli and then they are gearing up to do another simulation of an air attack by NAF special forces on ABUJA Airport. this will be their third simulated attack demo in two years. As the ECONOMY improves i believe more drones will come into the picture , however they are more likely to be made in Nigeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 07, 2017
LTGEN:

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, however the CAS 'S belief is beyond that : From the two years that the CAS has been at the helm his abiding principle has been in TRAINING, HUMAN CAPACITY in terms of Leadership, Welfare and then procurement.
There have been very good Air chiefs before DIKE and PETIRIN come to mind however none except the NAF CHIEF at the beginning of the CIVIL WAR have faced such daunting challenges, I believe this is what guides his decision making process, his emphasis and repeat emphasis on the QRF followed by the NAF Special Forces Regiment , followed by the NAF Base protection regiment is very deliberate and it stems i believe from one incident: The BH attack on Maiduguri Airport that destroyed two of the NAF'S newest MI-35, he has constantly drummed it into every serving member in the NAF (never again ) .
Today NAF have been trained in BASE protection by the British, another 450 are being trained by the Israeli and then they are gearing up to do another simulation of an air attack by NAF special forces on ABUJA Airport. this will be their third simulated attack demo in two years. As the ECONOMY improves i believe more drones will come into the picture , however they are more likely to be made in Nigeria.

Exactly we are saying the same thing, I especially like his emphasis on welfare and building capacity in his people.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 07, 2017
International army games 2017

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 3:48am On Aug 08, 2017
CAN ANYONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY THE VIDEOS I POSTED WAS TAKEN DOWN AFTER IT SHOWED UP ON THE SITE.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 7:02am On Aug 08, 2017
Off topic but not completely : Uhuru Kenyatta is undertaking a silent top to bottom revamp of our tri services. Gunships, light attack aircraft and armour have arrived in his admin,while navy hulls are en route and only budget issues delay purchase of much needed transports and FSBs as soldier welfare,housing and pay is constantly improved.
IF HE SOMEHOW LOSES TODAY'S ELECTION I'LL QUIT THIS THREAD AND NAIRALAND!! Tbh,though chances of that are as likely as being abducted by aliens.
Carry on!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 08, 2017
Interesting!

"With an opposing force played by South African soldiers, the attack brought even more confusion to some of the Americans. “It's a whole different military. They don't think our doctrine,” Martin said. “[The U.S. Soldiers] had no idea what they were going to do.”"

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48785:shared-accord-challenges-preps-young-army-truck-drivers-for-combat&catid=50:Land&Itemid=105

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 1:33pm On Aug 08, 2017
SupremeCourt:

Augububu lives
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2017
Pkk attacked with IED to Turkish Kirpi MRAP in Hakkari, crew survived

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
Let's cut to the chase, as much as I've advocated the use of that Tucano sum for initial investment in nascent domestic production of the JF-17s (especially cos of the Obama politics against Nigeria), the Tucanos are are no doubt a deadly 4th generation aircraft. Trump is now president and clearly kowtows to Nigeria as Africa's leader and wants this deal as a win-win for both countries. It is a done deal.

Reason for high sum is classified. Nigeria never discloses add-on's in it's military assets until the shooting starts. When those birds show up Nigeria it will be the most advanced and deadly COIN, CAS, AIR RECCE etcetera in Africa. We know how to kill more than one bird with one stone. That explains the amount.

The Alpha Jets fly at night. In The Gambia Invasion it first thundered over Gambian Air Space at Night sending Jammeh negotiating for escape in 24hrs.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Adminisher: 2:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
Covert1:
Let's cut to the chase, as much as I've advocated the use of that Tucano sum for initial investment in nascent domestic production of the JF-17s (especially cos of the Obama politics against Nigeria), the Tucanos are are no doubt a deadly 4th generation aircraft. Trump is now president and clearly kowtows to Nigeria as Africa's leader and wants this deal as a win-win for both countries. It is a done deal.

Reason for high sum is classified. Nigeria never discloses add-on's in it's military assets until the shooting starts. When those birds show up Nigeria it will be the most advanced and deadly COIN, CAS, AIR RECCE etcetera in Africa. We know how to kill more than one bird with one stone. That explains the amount.

The Alpha Jets fly at night. In The Gambia Invasion it first thundered over Gambian Air Space at Night sending Jammeh negotiating for escape in 24hrs.

Don't classify anything. The latest Super Tucano has side looking airborne radar for tracking ground forces at very high resolution. No Russian or Chinese aircraft on the African continent has that technology yet. You have to pay for this technology and Americans will also protect it from theft, these little things drive up the cost.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by walemoney007(m): 2:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
Hmm

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 2:32pm On Aug 08, 2017
jln115:
Interesting!

"With an opposing force played by South African soldiers, the attack brought even more confusion to some of the Americans. “It's a whole different military. They don't think our doctrine,” Martin said. “[The U.S. Soldiers] had no idea what they were going to do.”"

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48785:shared-accord-challenges-preps-young-army-truck-drivers-for-combat&catid=50:Land&Itemid=105

I learned that the Americas are slow in the field, they don't run as quick as our boys but of course they compensate it by their efficient team work and solid platoon command structures.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 08, 2017
Covert1:

What’s the point of this bragging that you can’t even support with facts, statements like these only start arguments, don’t wreck this thread please.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 2:36pm On Aug 08, 2017
So, Indonesia is trading palm oil and some of her major commodities for 11 Sukhoi Jets from Russia. Talking about using what you HAVE to get what you NEED.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 2:47pm On Aug 08, 2017
walemoney007:
Hmm
Mynd44, please help us do something about this guy. He has been making every attempt to ruin this thread since last week. We have been pleading with him to take his tantrums to the politics section, he remained obstinate.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
Covert1:

sometimes when I see what you guys write, I shake my head. Gambian invasion, Seriously? That's what he call it? I am just looking at the guys that keep bringing up stupid facts about doctrine and necessity when the question of building a strong expeditionary Armed Forces is asked. I just hope we do not find reasons to regret soon. While you guys are online shouting we don't need this yet or we don't need that yet, the people that know the real reason why our Armed Forces have not moved forward from being a local law enforcement militia into a strong, standard force to recon with within sub Saharan Africa and beyond, this people are in their mansions laughing at your stupid attempts to put up a defense for them.

You can keep lying to yourselves that it's not yet time, but the truth is with the same budget and resources other countries have achieved more than we could ever dream of achieving. Other countries do not think threats should be visible, they believe national threats should be foreseeable and effort should be made to prepare for them.

But when someone raise the topic here some idiot who know nothing about the discussions that take place within the corrupts halls where defense plannings are made would shout, we are buying what we need, we know what we are doing. We don't need guided missiles, we don't need submarines, we don't need air superiority fighter jets. But the truth is this dolts know nothing.

You would be surprised if the GCFR is not thinking that our alpha jets are the latest technology out there due to the lies been fed to him, you would be surprised if the GCFR does not think that the T72 is the best main battle tank out there due to the ill advise he gets from his advisers.
Then somebody that knows nothing about this would now be defending the T72 that it is the best main battle tank there is. We ve gone through that circle over and over again and it's time for the Nigerian folks that keeps doing that to know that the people that make this decisions probably just googled up information's about main battle tanks available for sell at a cheap price and they chose the ones that best suits their nefarious interests.
If that's not the case then we would be have been seeing positive results from the delegations sent to defense Expo and shows. But nothing they probably do it to get their relatives in the Armed Forces to travel out on an all expense paid trip.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
Adminisher:

Don't classify anything. The latest Super Tucano has side looking airborne radar for tracking ground forces at very high resolution. No Russian or Chinese aircraft on the African continent has that technology yet. You have to pay for this technology and Americans will also protect it from theft, these little things drive up the cost.

Dude that is open source. The exact configuration of NAF' proposed Tucanos is not public knowledge and won't be. Sry. What is clear is that wherever that bird is known to have shown up it's effectiveness is not in doubt. Exactly what we need for residual BHTs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
overhypedsteve:
sometimes when I see what you guys write, I shake my head. Gambian invasion, Seriously? That's what he call it? I am just looking at the guys that keep bringing up stupid facts about doctrine and necessity when the question of building a strong expeditionary Armed Forces is asked. I just hope we do not find reasons to regret soon. While you guys are online shouting we don't need this yet or we don't need that yet, the people that know the real reason why our Armed Forces have not moved forward from being a local law enforcement militia into a strong, standard force to recon with within sub Saharan Africa and beyond, this people are in their mansions laughing at your stupid attempts to put up a defense for them.

You can keep lying to yourselves that it's not yet time, but the truth is with the same budget and resources other countries have achieved more than we could ever dream of achieving. Other countries do not think threats should be visible, they believe national threats should be foreseeable and effort should be made to prepare for them.

But when someone raise the topic here some idiot who know nothing about the discussions that take place within the corrupts halls where defense plannings are made would shout, we are buying what we need, we know what we are doing. We don't need guided missiles, we don't need submarines, we don't need air superiority fighter jets. But the truth is this dolts know nothing.

You would be surprised if the GCFR is not thinking that our alpha jets are the latest technology out there due to the lies been fed to him, you would be surprised if the GCFR does not think that the T72 is the best main battle tank out there due to the ill advise he gets from his advisers.
Then somebody that knows nothing about this would now be defending the T72 that it is the best main battle tank there is. We ve gone through that circle over and over again and it's time for the Nigerian folks that keeps doing that to know that the people that make this decisions probably just googled up information's about main battle tanks available for sell at a cheap price and they chose the ones that best suits their nefarious interests.
If that's not the case then we would be have been seeing positive results from the delegations sent to defense Expo and shows. But nothing they probably do it to get their relatives in the Armed Forces to travel out on an all expense paid trip.
What are you saying buddy? Why are you quoting me and saying this?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by slimthugchimee(m): 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

What are you saying buddy? Why are you quoting me and saying this?

grin grin I don't know why this is funny to me grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
slimthugchimee:

grin grin I don't know why this is funny to me grin grin
Like I am so confused? Why is bro so mad at me ? grin
I was only telling covert not to start another argument with one of his long bragging stories.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.