Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,798 members, 7,862,638 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:41 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6032684 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by barineh(m): 8:56pm On Oct 27, 2017
When last did Nigeria have an Army Day celebration. We should have a large scale on like 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
The fluidity in their movements though, i give it to them, this what proper training is. Not that placing of head on stone at NDA.

Plus where they using live rounds in that training? I love the knife part though, would like to get a training on that.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2017
barineh:
When last did Nigeria have an Army Day celebration. We should have a large scale on like 2013

Safety concerns, maybe. Boko Haram would do anything to attack that event.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Do you know that you can actually buy that rifle (semiautomatic) in South Africa as a civilian? For the price of a serious gaming laptop you could walk away with 2 of them. Not joking there.

I never understood this principle of freedom to carry weapons , thats why USA and sout africa have this high numbers of murders , in Algeria if a policeman in street control find on you a blade that is more than four fingers long, you risk 3 month jail . so a gun, it's direct terrorism and adios amigo grin ,

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
history23001:

That is Russian special forces.
These guys are good at what they do.

Indeed, wonder why i wasn't born into an elite Russian military family sef undecided
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 27, 2017
Algerian1:

I never understood this principle of freedom to carry weapons , thats why USA and sout africa have this high numbers of murders , in Algeria if a policeman in street control find on you a blade that is more than four fingers long, you risk 3 month jail . so a gun, it's direct terrorism and adios amigo grin ,

Oh wow, a Muslim.country at that. Never knew South African operates same policy on guns.

Imagine that type of policy in Nigeria, oh boy sad
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
history23001:

Though, fulani herdsmen carry ak47 freely in nigeria.

Since its not in the constitution, i think that's illegal. However, do i have to be a herdsman or Fulani before i can have a firearm?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 27, 2017
Egyptian Navy

1- Ambassador MK III fast missile craft

2 - Alexandria 911 Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate

3 class mistral

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 27, 2017
history23001:

I think so, because if you are a civilian and not a fulani herdsman and you carry a gun, if caught you will be parraded as an armed rubber and sentenced to death. Or you might be killed on the spot. But if you are a fulani herdsman, the authorities will gladly look the other way, even if you are covered with blood.

I understand your sentiments but i do not agree with it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2017
Rafale

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 27, 2017
history23001:

How many people have been killed by fulani herdsmen since 2015 ? And how many fulani herdsmen have been sentenced ? How many have actually been arrested ? Man I am not being sentimental, I am only speaking the truth. the truth is all we really have as human beings.

I am not arguing what you said to be false. What i am saying is that, it still doesn't mean Fulani herdsmen have a right to bear firearms under the constitution nor any other person but i understand your sentiment.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2017
apache pilot , egyptian air force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Josfactz: 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2017

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 10:04pm On Oct 27, 2017
Aeroplane dey come o!

The Chief of Air Staff added that the service had constructed residential accommodation and upgraded the apron at 105 Composite Group, Maiduguri, to accommodate the increasing number of war planes.

Sadiq explained that the projects were designed to provide enabling environment and decent accommodation to improve the wellbeing of the servicemen.

“The Federal Government has approved more aircraft for us and we are thinking ahead to see that we have the accommodation for those coming with these helicopters and aircrafts the government has procured for us.

“With more aircrafts you have to expand the parking space; we have reactivated a quite a number and more are coming, what we thought was to quickly expand the apron so that we have enough space for the aircrafts that are coming to be able to park.

“For us in the Air Force; we are always working, training, expanding infrastructure, building capacity for both the pilots, technicians and engineers”.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/26784/nigerian-air-force-raids-degrade-boko-haram-insurgents-cas-sadique-abubakar

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2017
tdayof:
You guys just turned that guy into a speaking radio grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 27, 2017
Algerian1:

Most homicides in SA are between people who know each other. No amount of policing can stop that. Most gun-shot fatalities are committed with illegal guns. No amount of gun control on legal owners can stop that.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by barineh(m): 10:45pm On Oct 27, 2017
rka2:
Aeroplane dey come o!

The Chief of Air Staff added that the service had constructed residential accommodation and upgraded the apron at 105 Composite Group, Maiduguri, to accommodate the increasing number of war planes.

Sadiq explained that the projects were designed to provide enabling environment and decent accommodation to improve the wellbeing of the servicemen.

“The Federal Government has approved more aircraft for us and we are thinking ahead to see that we have the accommodation for those coming with these helicopters and aircrafts the government has procured for us.

“With more aircrafts you have to expand the parking space; we have reactivated a quite a number and more are coming, what we thought was to quickly expand the apron so that we have enough space for the aircrafts that are coming to be able to park.

“For us in the Air Force; we are always working, training, expanding infrastructure, building capacity for both the pilots, technicians and engineers”.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/26784/nigerian-air-force-raids-degrade-boko-haram-insurgents-cas-sadique-abubakar

Me Right Now

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by barineh(m): 10:47pm On Oct 27, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Safety concerns, maybe. Boko Haram would do anything to attack that event.

Boko Haram was stronger when it was last held in 2013

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 27, 2017
Never mind the Stig, the Mig is the man! grin grin grin

In Clarkson voice:
Rumour has it that this dog is crossed with a giraffe as it can be fenced in and still bite the people on the other side of the street. Others say that it has the teeth of a lion where the intimidation is just as effective as the bite. It has the eyes of a leopard for perfect night vision, so you can run but you can't hide. It has the stealth of a crocodile and when you see it, it is too late. It has the agility of a wasp flying in any direction, you can swipe at it but will always miss, and when you lower your guard, it stings like hell.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2017
I dnt knw if this have been posted before.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 2:03am On Oct 28, 2017
Henry240 come and see o

Sadiq disclosed that the Federal Government had procured aircrafts and helicopters to enhance air operations in the campaign against the Boko Haram insurgents as well as protect lives and property.

He said that the newly acquired jets and helicopters would soon be deployed to the front line to enhance the counter-insurgency operation in the region.

The Federal Government has approved more aircraft for us and we are thinking ahead to see that we have the accommodation for those coming with these helicopters and aircrafts the government has procured for us.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/air-force-raids-degrade-boko-haram-insurgents-coas-2/

We are expecting some aircrafts and more have been approved also. This can only be JF17 thunder while the new approval might be Tucano, mig29/35 and Yak_130.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 2:06am On Oct 28, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:39am On Oct 28, 2017
Algerian1:
Algeria - AgustaWestland plant in Setif readies for take-off

source : africa intelligence

a huge fleet of Agusta Westland helicopters (AW109LUH , AW139 , AW101 ) is in service in algerian : police , gendarms , civil protection (fire fighters) , gouvernmental fleet , air force , navy , army

I think you should be banned.

I cant handle the jealousy you make me feel.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by medic555(m): 2:43am On Oct 28, 2017
iblawi:
Henry240 come and see o

We are expecting some aircrafts and more have been approved also. This can only be JF17 thunder while the new approval might be Tucano, mig29/35 and Yak_130.
AMEN oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: MAN1960 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.