Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5981535 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by horlams: 6:04am On Nov 11, 2017
ssaengine:

Simple question....that you failed to answer. What is this "signal receiver" that makes passive radar so easy? You do not know. The rest of your paragraph is useless.

Please ignore that guy. Please

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:07am On Nov 11, 2017
Soldier killed in Niger may have been bound and executed

A US soldier killed during an ambush in Niger was discovered by villagers with his arms bound and a major wound to the back of the head, a report said Friday.

The remains of Sgt. La David Johnson, who died during the October ambush in the West African nation, suggested he may have been executed by militants aligned with ISIS, The Washington Post reported.

Johnson’s body wasn’t found until two days after the attack.

A 23-year-old farmer told the paper that some children in the village were tending cattle when they made the gruesome discovery about a mile from the ambush site.

When the farmer arrived at the location, he saw Johnson’s body lying face down, his wrists tied and the back of his head “smashed in with something.”

The condition of Johnson’s remains suggested that he had been captured by the militants and likely tortured before he was killed, a village elder said.

“The back of his head was a mess, as if they had hit him with something hard, like a hammer,” the elder told the paper. “They took his shoes. He was wearing only socks.”

The elder added: “His two arms were tied behind his back.”

Villagers also said they saw the bodies of three other American soldiers — Staff Sgts. Bryan Black, Jeremiah Johnson and Dustin Wright. All three had been declared killed in action.

The body of one was slumped inside a pickup truck while the remains of the other two had been left on the ground.

The bodies were clothed in T-shirts and boxer shorts but it was not clear if the militants had stripped off the uniforms, the paper said.

The Oct. 4 botched military operation that resulted in the four deaths is under investigation by the Pentagon after US officials demanded more ­details.

The slain soldiers were preparing to leave a meeting in near the town of Tongo Tongo when they came under attack by about 50 militants armed with with grenades and machine guns http://nypost.com/2017/11/10/soldier-killed-in-niger-may-have-been-bound-and-executed/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 11, 2017
Nigerian Army

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 7:17am On Nov 11, 2017
SupremeCourt:

You think like a baby. Why would defence items be sold in local civilian radio shop? There are thousands of spare part manufacturers in European defence industry that can supply parts. Signal reciever is in the EU ot USA open market.

Most South African made defence products are loaded with imported made in Europe component parts, but you guys hide those facts and push stories to us as if you make everything. Your Rooivalk is loaded with mostly French parts from engine to whatever. The passive radar you are building, go deep into it and you will find one European technical partner giving South Africa high tech help to do it. Like Your ARHLAC aircraft is mostly built by Boeing company of USA selling high tech parts and teaching South Africa how to build. Yet you guys noise about all these things as if you do it 100%.

Half truth is equal to half lie.

Funny - if its so easy to make all these things with foreign tech... where are your products? (Ill wait.)

More, local products... cant wait for you to tell me how they are foreign?

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 7:20am On Nov 11, 2017
SupremeCourt:

As a South African, you always want to have the last word in any argument so you can sleep well at night. You guys never grow up. Baby adults!

See how quick you guys are to go tribal?

Very clever augustine.

Make it a Saffa v Nigeria thing - that way more people come to your side.

You had to leave this thread in shame, and only came back with a new fake name to cover that shame - all because of me.

I will happily do it again.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 7:22am On Nov 11, 2017
nemesis4u:

standard safety procedure for grenades recovered from terrorists

the movement of the lever is what initiates the firing

so keeping it tied down defeats detonation by intended sabotage of the safety pin

Oh - so security forces put the bands on the grenade?

Yeah, I know the basic principles of how a greande works - thats why I was so confused by the bands around it.

But if its a safety measure done to captured grenades, then it makes allot of sense.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 7:32am On Nov 11, 2017
-- A E S T H E T I C --

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:45am On Nov 11, 2017
horlams:

Please ignore that guy. Please

Call him into order, it's that simple.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 11, 2017
Angola

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 11, 2017
Nigerian army to procure 25 more units of these in 2018.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Afobear: 9:10am On Nov 11, 2017
SupremeCourt:

As a South African, you always want to have the last word in any argument so you can sleep well at night. You guys never grow up. Baby adults!
gosh!!!Chkil,this is a brutal jab

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 11:03am On Nov 11, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian army to procure 25 more units of these in 2018.
I wonder if this is Vehicle "A"
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by malikahmed91279: 11:14am On Nov 11, 2017
SupremeCourt:

How can Senegal order 4 jets and the deal will be signed later? Have you ever seen a modern day business deal that is not signed and called a deal? Read what you wrote again, and stop spreading fake news. Senegal has not ordered any jet. They may, but they have not.
Here's my claim

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 11:19am On Nov 11, 2017
ARRGHHH FCUKKK!! Just heard a couple of Al Shabaab were arrested last afternoon outside the French school,Dennis Diderot lycee,Hurlingham,Nairobi. I accept the people behind the terrorists will never Kenya alone but still....ARRRGHHH!?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 11:49am On Nov 11, 2017
patches689:
-- A E S T H E T I C --
I love the last photo, looks like an angry Buffalo in the bush.
me love them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jkay187(m): 12:21pm On Nov 11, 2017
Africa's best MRAP.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jkay187(m): 12:25pm On Nov 11, 2017
Africa's most Beautiful MRAP
grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:44pm On Nov 11, 2017
LTGEN:
I wonder if this is Vehicle "A"
Nah, it was stated in the budget for 25 units of Infantry Patrol Vehicle

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 12:45pm On Nov 11, 2017
Jkay187:
Africa's most Beautiful MRAP
grin

Don't do that chief...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:50pm On Nov 11, 2017
Got this picture from a page from Facebook. Can any saffer explain?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
malikahmed91279:

Here's my claim

I dont know your intentions, you may be sincerely making a mistake, but your claim is wrong. Giving somebody the photo of a jet aircraft is not same as a deal or an order to purchase multi-million dollar jets. Senegal has not ordered any JF-17. There are dozen photos on internet showing Saudi, Qatari, and Emirati government officials sitting right inside JF-17 jets on the pilot's seat, so is that an order? I hope your mistake is just innocent, and not a deliberate effort to misinform. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 1:05pm On Nov 11, 2017
kenya administration police officers from RURAL BORDER PATROL UNIT

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
patches689:

Funny - if its so easy to make all these things with foreign tech... where are your products? (Ill wait.)

More, local products... cant wait for you to tell me how they are foreign?

Anybody asking for Nigerian products can continue pretending he has not seen Gulma drone, ARA MRAP, NNS Karaduwa, etc on this thread. Proforce website alone is enough, if you dont see Nigerian products, maybe you are blind like the beggers on the streets of Kano.

Yes, South African high tech products are work done by your American European senior partners. You delete the names of your senior foreign partners and call the product 100% made in South Africa. You be robber o!

Boeing and Paramount Group South Africa-based global defense and aerospace business, have expanded their 2014 agreement to cooperate on advanced mission system for Advanced, High Performance, Reconnaissance, Light Aircraft (AHRLAC). Boeing will develop an integrated mission system for the aircraft enabling ISR and light strike missions for AHRLAC safety & security, and military variants.
—Boeing Media News March 8, 2016.

Secretly behind hi-tech South African made products are powerful American European companies doing all the hard work. When its time to export, truth begins to leak out as South Africa begins to fill and submit application forms humbly asking America's president for permission to export South African made products, then we begin to say; "I thought apartheid ended with Mandela's freedom."

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jkay187(m): 1:20pm On Nov 11, 2017
SupremeCourt:

Anybody asking for Nigerian products can continue pretending he has not seen Gulma drone, ARA MRAP, NNS Andoni, NNS Karaduwa, an many others on the 1,500 pages of this thread. Proforce website alone is enough, if you dont see Nigerian products, maybe you are blind like the beggers on the streets of Kano.

Yes, many South African products are overloaded with American European made components and all the advanced technology work is done by your USA and EU senior partners. Then you delete the names of your foreign partners and call the product 100% made in South Africa. You be robber o!

"Boeing and the Paramount Group, the South Africa-based global defense and aerospace business, have expanded their 2014 agreement to cooperate on an advanced mission system for a variant of the Advanced, High Performance, Reconnaissance, Light Aircraft (AHRLAC). Boeing will develop an integrated mission system for the aircraft enabling ISR and light strike missions for the AHRLAC safety & security, and military variants." — Boeing Media March 8, 2016.

Secretly behind all the hi-tech South African made products are powerful American European companies doing all the hard work.

You are truly pathetic and it looks like you totally have no argument. I can turn your very argument around and ask you why the A400M uses SA made fuselage components too, now does it make the A400M a South African product or do we claim it is S African.

This is stupid argument from a person like you.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 1:22pm On Nov 11, 2017
malikahmed91279:

Here's my claim

I like how the Painting Depicts the Jf-17 flying from Pakistan to Senegal.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2017
Jkay187:

You are truly pathetic and it looks like you totally have no argument. I can't turn your very argument around and ask you why the A400M uses SA made fuselage components too.

This is stupid argument from a person like you.

Don't feed the Troll, let it starve to death.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2017
Centrifude:

I like how the Painting Depicts the Jf-17 flying from Pakistan to Cameroon.

Man, that's the Senegalese flag.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 1:30pm On Nov 11, 2017
tdayof:

Man, that's the Senegalese flag.

Eish sorry... For some reason I was thinking about Cameroon's B.I.R while writing that comment. Thanx for the correction.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2017
A member of Indonesia's Garuda Contingent with his Denel NTW-20 in Bunia, DRC grin grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
At the Paskhas Sniper School, Indonesian SF putting their Denel NTW-20s through their paces.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 2:01pm On Nov 11, 2017
Kenya army MD-500 light attack helicopter in somalia

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2017
SupremeCourt:

[s]Anybody asking for Nigerian products can continue pretending he has not seen Gulma drone, ARA MRAP, NNS Karaduwa, etc on this thread. Proforce website alone is enough, if you dont see Nigerian products, maybe you are blind like the beggers on the streets of Kano.

Yes, South African high tech products are work done by your American European senior partners. You delete the names of your senior foreign partners and call the product 100% made in South Africa. You be robber o! [/s]

Boeing and Paramount Group South Africa-based global defense and aerospace business, have expanded their 2014 agreement to cooperate on advanced mission system for Advanced, High Performance, Reconnaissance, Light Aircraft (AHRLAC). Boeing will develop an integrated mission system for the aircraft enabling ISR and light strike missions for AHRLAC safety & security, and military variants.
—Boeing Media News March 8, 2016.

[s]Secretly behind hi-tech South African made products are powerful American European companies doing all the hard work. When its time to export, truth begins to leak out as South Africa begins to fill and submit application forms humbly asking America's president for permission to export South African made products, then we begin to say; "I thought apartheid ended with Mandela's freedom."[/s]

Boeing deal = 2016
AHRLAC first flight = 2015
AHRLAC project begins = 2013

So Americans have now mastered the art of time travel?

- Say it with me everyone -

AUGUSTINE. YOU. FVCKING. MONG

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.