Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6006078 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) (1505) (1506) ... (2848) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:27am On Nov 12, 2017
frumentius:

I think the moderators should leave it as is. Idiocy has its place in a forum, particularly when it's being exposed and not allowed to stand.
throws hands in the air

I think I would have to go on sabbatical undecided

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 12:27am On Nov 12, 2017
frumentius:

I think the moderators should leave it as is. Idiocy has its place in a forum, particularly when it's being exposed and not allowed to stand.

Have you noticed that Andrewza and I never talk like this. See your line of thought. You won't smell an officers mess. Pls go to bed.

And that your chief patron that calls himself a Nigerian but never takes a position so to appeal to every shade and shadow is the exact pic of what a coward looks like. Professionals don't trust people like that. Bravery is when you take a position in life and defend what you believe in not cower behind every mention.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 12, 2017
Take note newbies here, how SupremeCourt segues into Covert1 in the responses above. Never mind that SupremeCourt and Covert1 had a "back-and-forth" conversation that lasted at least 6 posts. It's why regulars here refer to his previous moniker, Augustine, whose prior delusion was posing as a US military researcher.

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 12, 2017
frumentius:

Agreed, we always used to sort out scuffles between our selves, but these days when it even vaguely looks like two people are disagreeing someone calls the mods.

Mods do much more harm than good in this particular thread as we've witnessed first hand

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 12:40am On Nov 12, 2017
There's a reason why it's called aircraft manufacturing and design.

Imagine a tailor calling this 5% of the whole process.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 12, 2017
jln115:
Agreed, we always used to sort out scuffles between our selves, but these days when it even vaguely looks like two people are disagreeing someone calls the mods.

Mods do much more harm than good in this particular thread as we've witnessed first hand
That was when the thread originator didn't actively lead derailments. Which meant that despite his partisanship, he still retained some authority to either impose or threaten some order.
Alas, he brazenly led a derailment, ignored warnings he was denuding his authority and this thread is now what it is. angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:46am On Nov 12, 2017
frumentius:

That was when the thread originator didn't actively lead derailments. Which meant that despite his partisanship, he still retained some authority to either impose or threaten some order.
Alas, he brazenly led a derailment, ignored warnings he was denuding his authority and this thread is now what it is. angry angry angry
Yes!! but involving the mods is still ridiculous,they do more harm than good, derailments will eventually sort them selves out with time, besides it keeps things a bit interesting from time to time......more interesting than seeing the same picture of the ARA MRAP for three pages.........that last part was a joke my Nigerian compatriots grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 12, 2017
Odunayaw:
throws hands in the air

I think I would have to go on sabbatical undecided
Good thing you weren't around in the good old days, meltdowns were much worst than this and lasted more than 3 pages....yet nobody called for the mods, we all had that unwritten rule that we would never involve the mods, unfortunately the newbies never got the memo.

Rather go on your sabbatical and let nature take its course

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 1:06am On Nov 12, 2017
SupremeCourt:

AHRLAC-

Engine made by Pratt & Whitney company America
Transmission systems also made by America
All Avionics, Electronics, Computers, Weapon Systems, Surveillance Systems made by Boeing company America

Artists design on paper, aluminium body, color paint, 3 rubber tyres made by Paramount company South Africa

Remove American hardware parts and engineering skills, the skeleton bones left of your aircraft will end up in a museum. Yes bros, AHRLAC is 95% made by America, this is the truth you people hate me for saying.

Nothing wrong if USA builds aircraft for RSA, just be honest and admit it, dont come here and peddle lies to us asking us to show you made in Nigeria product when you flash made in America product in our faces as if Nigerians are fools. Honesty is the best policy, be truthful and save yourselves from embarrassment. Thanks.

Udonbilivit

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:07am On Nov 12, 2017
jln115:

Good thing you weren't around in the good old days, meltdowns were much worst than this and lasted more than 3 pages....yet nobody called for the mods, we all had that unwritten rule that we would never involve the mods, unfortunately the newbies never got the memo.

Rather go on your sabbatical and let nature take its course

Odunayo is one of the good guys here.
I disagree with him sometimes, vehemently, but I don't imagine he'd ever support censorship.
I'll just go and preach for a second: the primitive tribalists who transform individual disagreement into nationalist arguments should be either called out by all of us, or ignored.
And that should be the standard we all aspire to hold here: we signed on as individuals, and therefore our opinions are expressed as individuals. I am not differing with kikuyu, odunayo or patches as Kenyan, Nigerian or South African respectively, but those 3 people as individuals on this thread.

Some of us already try this creed, more of us should call out those who abrogate it.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 12, 2017
frumentius:

Odunayo is one of the good guys here.
I disagree with him sometimes, vehemently, but I don't imagine he'd ever support censorship.
I'll just go and preach for a second: the primitive tribalists who transform individual disagreement into nationalist arguments should be either called out by all of us, or ignored.
And that should be the standard we all aspire to hold here: we signed on as individuals, and therefore our opinions are expressed as individuals. I am not differing with kikuyu, odunayo or patches as Kenyan, Nigerian or South African respectively, but those 3 people as individuals on this thread.

Some of us already try this creed, more of us should call out those who abrogate it.
PREACH!!! grin grin grin grin

But on a serious note i agree!!

Lastly i think Odunayaw only had good intentions when calling for the mods, but looking at the history it would be better if we just leave them out of this thred!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:12am On Nov 12, 2017
tdayof:

Don't laugh at my designs grin grin

i am smiling at the 2nd pic grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 1:20am On Nov 12, 2017
tdayof:
My lecturers are olodo but they're able to build and develop the first electric aircraft in china.

Mr Supreme Court, stop arguing blindly.

On internet, hiding behind an unknown moniker, faceless and unseen, you all claim to be the one engineering genius in Ajasco Aerospace company or senior army officer in Eutopia Empire armed forces. Keep fooling yourselves.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 1:27am On Nov 12, 2017
tdayof:
There's a reason why it's called aircraft manufacturing and design.

Imagine a tailor calling this 5% of the whole process.

You are a big olodo and fake aerospace engineer, you are comparing by posting photo of F-35 stealth jet that America is struggling to build for 20 years, when I am talking about a tiny drone shape propeller driven 1939 World War II era design AHRLAC aeroplane.

Bros, forgive me, but you be mumu o! Comparing AHRLAC tin can vs F-35 composite Stealth, makes you a complete mumu.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 1:37am On Nov 12, 2017
nemesis4u:
just saying

what about the fuselage . no mention of fuselage in the 95%

or 5% is for fuselage

damn that is too skimpy cry

guess the aircraft will be totally naaaked grin grin grin

and boneless......................... like boneless chicken roast grin grin grin

There is nothing in the fuselage of AHRLAC, that thing is just bigger than Gulma drone, its an aluminium tin can with a tiny propeller behind like a drone. AFIT boys in Kaduna will design and build AHRLAC frame like we built Gulma. Anybody who thinks its a big achievement is a fool ignorant of technology. World War II propeller planes designed 1939 are far bigger than AHRLAC, with four giant engines on a bomber. Anybody saying AHRLAC body work is genius work is a born fool that South Africans play like football

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:39am On Nov 12, 2017
SupremeCourt:

I read every page from yesterday, nobody told the Southies to stop. If you guys have no courage to face them, then dont try to face me. No sensible person ends an argument by telling one side to shut up while the other side feels free to pour insults on him. Nobody owns this internet space. Now find some courage and directly tell the South Africans calling me fvcking mong to stop. If any unbiased peacemaker talks to me, I will listen, but if you are cowards looking for who to silence easily, you picked the wrong guy. Thank you sir.

1. You started the argument
2. You started hurling insults.

Dont start a fist fight and then complain that people are using their fists to fight you.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:40am On Nov 12, 2017
SupremeCourt:

[s]
AHRLAC-

Engine made by Pratt & Whitney company America
Transmission systems also made by America
All Avionics, Electronics, Computers, Weapon Systems, Surveillance Systems made by Boeing company America

Artists design on paper, aluminium body, color paint, 3 rubber tyres made by Paramount company South Africa

Remove American hardware parts and engineering skills, the skeleton bones left of your aircraft will end up in a museum. Yes bros, AHRLAC is 95% made by America, this is the truth you people hate me for saying.

Nothing wrong if USA builds aircraft for RSA, just be honest and admit it, dont come here and peddle lies to us asking us to show you made in Nigeria product when you flash made in America product in our faces as if Nigerians are fools. Honesty is the best policy, be truthful and save yourselves from embarrassment. Thanks.[/s]

- Americans build aircraft
- Allow South Africans to sell it and make all the money

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 1:41am On Nov 12, 2017
patches689:

1. You started the argument
2. You started hurling insults.

Dont start a fist fight and then complain that people are using their fists to fight you.

You started the argument and started the insults. If you dont like the fact that Boeing built your aircraft and I quoted Boeing report, go commit suicide.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:43am On Nov 12, 2017
SupremeCourt:

You started the argument and started the insults. If you dont like the fact that Boeing built your aircraft and I quoted Boeing report, go commit suicide.

Augustine.

There is a record of our comments - you started it. Do you want me to show it to you?

Augustine, you really need to move on with your life. The other thread is over, this isnt the place for your kind of behavior. The men are talking, please leave.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 1:45am On Nov 12, 2017
patches689:

- Americans build aircraft
- Allow South Africans to sell it and make all the money

Its called joint venture business partnership all over the world.

AHRLAC has not sold one plane, so South Africa has not made one kobo talk less of one dollar. You should buy common sense that matches your old age sir.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:47am On Nov 12, 2017
SupremeCourt:

Bro, do I sound like an olodo to you? I said when 95% of an aircraft is built for you by America [s]under technical partnership agreement you dont go about flashing it in front of others asking them to show you who else in Africa can do it, while you deny the huge foreign input for your own product. You dont understand my point? I expect you are smart enough to get it. Anyone who cant see the point am making needs to up his ante on logical thinking.[/s]

You say allot of things Augustine... but you never substantiate them with evidence.

Why are you destroying this thread? Is your social life really that dire?

Considering what @Frumentus just did to you, and considering the fact that even your fellow countrymen are turining on you.

I think its time you leave.

Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:51am On Nov 12, 2017
SupremeCourt:

[s]Anybody with above mediocre intelligence knows when a foreign partner builds for you an aircraft engine, transmission, avionics, computers, electronics, weapons systems, that is 95% of the airplane.

Ghana has draftsmen that can draw aircraft design and ask Britain to do the rest of the work. So what did South Africa build in the AHRLAC if not alumi body, rubber tyres, paint job?

Like you dont know what technology is, maybe you went to village school, then some Southie fools you around.[/s]

Your theory: America just goes around building planes for people, and allowing people to sell them and make all the money

Are you being serious?

Augustine, notice how no-one here likes you? Well, its because of this kind of stupid1ty

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:52am On Nov 12, 2017
nemesis4u:

i am smiling at the 2nd pic grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin

I'm not a fan of hand diagram. I am bad at that.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:54am On Nov 12, 2017
SupremeCourt:

Your aerospace degree is fake or your lecturers are olodo.

[s]You are talking thrash, only a tech ignorant fellow thinks engine + transmission + avionics + computers + electronics + weapons systems + surveillance systems is not 95% of the aircraft.[/s]

Your education tells you no African draftsman can draw tech blueprint of that tiny propeller plane world war II design. You went to village school or talk like you did. The AHRLAC is just an enlarged drone made to be piloted, those PhD guys who designed Gulma drone and AFIT Farawa aircraft in Kaduna can design AHRLAC. Keep drowning yourself with backward mentality, they fool you with tech like say you no finis school like 2face

Nothing but insults.

Report and ignore boys. Report and ignore.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:00am On Nov 12, 2017
SupremeCourt:

You are a big olodo and fake aerospace engineer, you are comparing by posting photo of F-35 stealth jet that America is struggling to build for 20 years, when I am talking about a tiny drone shape propeller driven 1939 World War II era design AHRLAC aeroplane.

Bros, forgive me, but you be mumu o! Comparing AHRLAC tin can vs F-35 composite Stealth, makes you a complete mumu.

It's no doubt this guy is so dumb.

Arhrlac makes use of composites too. You were not expecting metals to be used on a stealth aircraft.

"Drone shaped" what the hell is that?

Go to bed please it's late.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:02am On Nov 12, 2017
SupremeCourt:

On internet, hiding behind an unknown moniker, faceless and unseen, you all claim to be the one engineering genius in Ajasco Aerospace company or senior army officer in Eutopia Empire armed forces. Keep fooling yourselves.

HOLY. FVCKING. SH!T. THE. FVCKING. IRONY.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:05am On Nov 12, 2017
Billed as Africa’s first home-grown military aircraft, the Advanced High-Performance Reconnaissance Light Aircraft (AHRLAC) made its first test flight in South Africa this week, marking a milestone in the continent’s aviation history.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/20140816-aviation-africa-first-military-aircraft-south-africa

Someone feels he's wiser than the world. A quick search on Google by typing African indigenous aircraft, brings out the AHRLAC.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:17am On Nov 12, 2017
patches689:

HOLY. FVCKING. SH!T. THE. FVCKING. IRONY.

But here's the thing: Augustine/SupremeCourt/Covert1's nonsensical posts aren't new here. Who are the people "liking" them and can they come on and back them up? Logic, not cray-cray!
And whilst I appreciate some calling out his BS now, where were they when it/s/he espoused even more outrageous BS then?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:18am On Nov 12, 2017
SupremeCourt:

Its called joint venture business partnership all over the world.

AHRLAC has not sold one plane, so South Africa has not made one kobo talk less of one dollar. You should buy common sense that matches your old age sir.

So why then does Boeing not sell as boeing?

Why does Paramount get the product and the money?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:20am On Nov 12, 2017
frumentius:

But here's the thing: Augustine/SupremeCourt/Covert1's nonsensical posts aren't new here. Who are the people "liking" them and can they come on and back them up? Logic, not cray-cray!
And whilst I appreciate some calling out his BS now, where were they when it/s/he espoused even more outrageous BS then?

He is liking his own posts with his other accounts. Look at the people veiwing the thread, his other accounts keep popping up and sometimes he forgets to switch back to SupremeCourt to respond.

Many such cases! Sad!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:20am On Nov 12, 2017
who is this jakeporeshenkoo

Jakeporeshenko somebody trying to imitate u undecided grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) (1505) (1506) ... (2848) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.