Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,568 members, 7,861,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:23 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6030678 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) (1505) (1506) (1507) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:20am On Nov 12, 2017
Home coming

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:22am On Nov 12, 2017
Such a stunning and well designed platform.

Why did SAAF chose the Augusta and not just go for the Lynx?

(Things which keep me up at night)

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:23am On Nov 12, 2017
the beast

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 12, 2017
nemesis4u, see you lurking. I believe you were also victim to Augustine/SupremeCourt/Covert1?

Yes, I'm naming the devil cos subtlety and nuance doesn't work very well here.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SupremeCourt: 2:50am On Nov 12, 2017
tdayof:
Billed as Africa’s first home-grown military aircraft, the Advanced High-Performance Reconnaissance Light Aircraft (AHRLAC) made its first test flight in South Africa this week, marking a milestone in the continent’s aviation history.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/20140816-aviation-africa-first-military-aircraft-south-africa

Someone feels he's wiser than the world. A quick search on Google by typing African indigenous aircraft, brings out the AHRLAC.

You are a mumu and a disgrace to the school you attended. Simple google search shows the few honest South Africans calling AHRLAC a Boeing product put together in a South African factory

AHRLAC, jointly developed and marketed with Boeing, may be classified as a Boeing product, full line production of all AHRLAC airframes will remain South African endeavour.

http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article/production-of-ahrlac-aircraft-set-to-begin-in-early-2017-2016-10-07

The AHRLAC aircraft design and aluminium airframe you are giving the Southies credit for, was a job done by Germany, them Southies traveled to meet German engineers and asked them to do concept and design, then run go to America ask Pratt & Whitney USA to give engine and transmission, plus Boeing USA to develop and supply all avionics, computers, electronics, weapons system, surveillance system. Finally Germany conceptualised, designed and built AHRLAC airframe, body, fuselage. What tech job did South Africa do on AHRLAC to make them ask Nigerians to show what aircraft Nigeria built? Who is the fool here?

All these were kept secret as confirmed by engineering reports from inside South Africa.

The secrecy behind manufacture of AHRLAC is understandable, engineers working on the AHRLAC project have teamed up with engineers from German machine tool builder DMG MORI and have come up with a concept. Talks between AHRLAC engineers and German DMG MORI engineers began back in 2014 with concepts decided on in 2015. German DMG engineers began building the machine shortly thereafter for delivery in 2017

http://metalworkingnews.info/ahrlac-engineers-develop-machining-concept-that-is-now-internationally-recognised/

Yes, AHRLAC aircraft is America 95%, Germany 4%, South Africa 1%. That is the secret truth about 'made in South Africa' AHRLAC they have been fooling all of you about, for this exposé, the South Africans can murder me in cold blood as they wish. Next time Southies, dont peddle your lies to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jakeporeshenkoo: 4:36am On Nov 12, 2017
nemesis4u:
who is this jakeporeshenkoo

Jakeporeshenko somebody trying to imitate u undecided grin

I am he that is him, don't question the motive.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:45am On Nov 12, 2017
Sudan air force

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:47am On Nov 12, 2017
Somalia soldier

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:53am On Nov 12, 2017
sudan army

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:30am On Nov 12, 2017
sudanese soldiers posing with a zijiang M99 semi-automatic anti-material rifle

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 12, 2017
Nigerian navy A109e

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 12, 2017
Commissioning 20 made in Nigeria patrol boats to boost the Nigerian Navy's maritime security capabilities at NNS DELTA in Warri.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 12, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Commissioning 20 made in Nigeria patrol boats to boost the Nigerian Navy's maritime security capabilities at NNS DELTA in Warri.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 12, 2017
[quote author=Henry240 post=62299153][/quote]CDS, CNS and all the traditional rulers in delta state came out to commission 20 gun boats, they don’t have shame...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:07am On Nov 12, 2017
Some people need to consult with this guy to help them taste the breast of a woman.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by diehardanusfan(m): 9:14am On Nov 12, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Nice this is probably one of the best, if not the best gunboats in Africa

Grabs sit and popcorn angry angry

Am in my house, come and beat me angry angry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 12, 2017
Sigma-class corvette , 614 Sultan Moulay Ismail , Moroccan Navy

and 615 Allal ben Abdellah

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 12, 2017
Who here is watching "The Long Road Home"? I've read the book, and have downloaded the first 3 episodes but am wary as screen adaptations almost invariably fail to do justice to the book.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 12, 2017
F-5 Tiger III Moroccan AF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 10:25am On Nov 12, 2017
Algerian1:
Sigma-class corvette , 614 Sultan Moulay Ismail , Moroccan Navy

and 615 Allal ben Abdellah

I love the Sigma-Class

Those lines... so aesthetic

Really is a stunning vessel - capable and beautiful. A rare combination in Naval architecture

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 10:28am On Nov 12, 2017
frumentius:
Who here is watching "The Long Road Home"? I've read the book, and have downloaded the first 3 episodes but am wary as screen adaptations almost invariably fail to do justice to the book.
I watched the first episode.This is a good movie.I recommend it for its realisim.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 10:32am On Nov 12, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
CDS, CNS and all the traditional rulers in delta state came out to commission 20 gun boats, they don’t have shame...
The message is not the boats.The CNS could of commissioned the boats.No be all the rag wey person get for house nahim it dey putoutstide make sun dryam.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:39am On Nov 12, 2017
[quote author=Covert1 post=62295951]
Foreign firms have always wanted access to Nigeria's defence industry. Nigeria is the centre of interest for the west. Just that Nigeria refuses. What everyone should know is simple. Nigeria and SA' defence industry are completely different in the sense that whilst the former as state policy allows almost non-existent advanced foreign military tech investments in it's industry the latter does without restrictions. SA does not have single monopoly of the defence systems it produces
-though,I prefer to stay on the sidelines of these frequent Naij vs RSA exchanges I must ask:NIGGA,WHAT THE ACTUAL FCVK DOES THAT MEAN,IN THE NAME OF GOD!?
If it were in Vietnamese or Uzbek it'd probably make more sense than it does presently.

Uzbek is a unique language with its Askiya a word game or humour where a word or a sentence may have quite different meaning.

There is no article and gender in Uzbek, but it has six cases.
http://mylanguages.org/uzbek_grammar.php

Can anyone translate?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:01am On Nov 12, 2017
[quote author=kikuyu1 post=62303531][/quote]

Nothing dude, it means absolutely nothing a.k.a meretricious or specious arguments

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 12, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 12, 2017
frumentius:
DSTV has it on catchup, just watched the first episode last night.

wasn't bad ... but not close to band of brothers or the pacific
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 11:42am On Nov 12, 2017
SupremeCourt:

You are a mumu and a disgrace to the school you attended. Simple google search shows the few honest South Africans calling AHRLAC a Boeing product put together in a South African factory

AHRLAC jointly developed and marketed with Boeing, may be classified as Boeing products, full line production of all Ahrlac airframes will remain South African endeavour.

http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article/production-of-ahrlac-aircraft-set-to-begin-in-early-2017-2016-10-07

The AHRLAC aircraft design and aluminium airframe you are giving the Southies credit for, was a job done by Germany, them Southies traveled to meet German engineers and asked them to do concept and design, then run go to America ask Pratt & Whitney USA to give engine and transmission, Boeing USA to develop and supply all avionics, computers, electronics, weapons system, surveillance system. Finally Germany designed and built the airframe, body, fuselage. What tech job did South Africa do on AHRLAC to make them ask Nigerians to show what aircraft Nigeria built? Who is the fool here?

All these were kept secret as confirmed by engineering reports from inside South Africa.

The secrecy behind manufacture of AHRLAC is understandable, engineers working on the AHRLAC project have teamed up with engineers from German machine tool builder DMG MORI and have come up with a concept. Talks between AHRLAC engineers and German DMG MORI engineers began back in 2014 with concepts decided on in 2015. German DMG engineers began building the machine shortly thereafter for delivery in 2017

http://metalworkingnews.info/ahrlac-engineers-develop-machining-concept-that-is-now-internationally-recognised/

Yes, AHRLAC is America 95%, Germany 4%, South Africa 1%. That is the secret truth about 'made in South Africa' AHRLAC they have been fooling all of you about, for this expose, the South Africans will murder me in cold blood if they wish. Next time Southies, dont peddle your lies to Nigerians.

Bro let it go

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 11:43am On Nov 12, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 11:59am On Nov 12, 2017
newafricaken254:
SouthAfrica Police Service paid company Forensic Data Analysts (FDA) R52million for 169 torches - R300'000 each (US$21,147)
Media reports today have revealed that on the last day of the 2015/16 financial year, the South African Police Service (SAPS) paid Forensic Data Analysts (FDA) over R52 million for a contract for 169 torches.

This amounts to an astonishingly exorbitant R300 000 per torch.

The invoice for the contract was paid for by the section in which former Acting National Police Commissioner General Khomotso Phahlane’s wife works. FDA is owned by a businessman that has been implicated in potentially corrupt transactions with Phahlane through the provision of luxury vehicles to him and his wife.

The DA will therefore write to the Secretary of Police, Mr Alvin Rapea, to request a specific investigation and analysis project of the SAPS expenditure over the last 5 financial years by the Civilian Secretariat, as per section 6(1)(b) of the Civilian Secretariat, in order to closely scrutinise potentially irrational or wasteful large contracts.

The reports also state that the Independent Police Investigative Directorate (IPID) is investigating other suspicious transactions between the SAPS and FDA.

SAPS annual reports always show that the department’s budget is fully spent yet police stations are always under-staffed and under-resourced. Stations are often told that there is not enough money when they ask for additional vehicles and personnel up the chain of command.

The DA have always suspected and can only conclude that the SAPS budget continues to be misspent due to skewed priorities and irrational procurement in supply chain management. This revelation sadly sheds light on that seemingly being the case. LINK https://www.da.org.za/2017/11/da-requests-investigation-exorbitant-saps-expenditure/

The D.A has always provided misinformation to mislead the public.

So Before we even jump to conclusion here is lil info
frm person who works in that department. Just so
you know it isn't R300k a torch. It's for a set of
very expensive very effective poliflare crime lights
which are essential to a thorough crime scene
investigation.
http://www.safariland.com/products/forensics/x-
loupe-agilelite-lighting-system---complete-k
it-1180288.html#start=1
The lights look like this in the link and they are
$20 000 . Division Forensic Services has a budget
to spend on new and updated technologies and
equipment and that's exactly what they spent it
on.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
jln115:

Good thing you weren't around in the good old days, meltdowns were much worst than this and lasted more than 3 pages....yet nobody called for the mods, we all had that unwritten rule that we would never involve the mods, unfortunately the newbies never got the memo.
Rather go on your sabbatical and let nature take its course

Ahgrin I have been here for quite a while (early January 2015). But not to worry,no more mods. My sabbatical plans are cancelled undecided

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2017
frumentius:
My TV subscription ended at the wrong time. I was literally throwing hiss fits when the timer for the show came up. Is there a site where I can download?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 12:30pm On Nov 12, 2017
frumentius:
Following it religiously on Nat Geo. Another episode is going to air Monday night.

Though the first episode feels overacted and unrealistic. U see terrorists bullets missing US soldiers cos they are shooting aimlessly at soldiers few metres away.
Hopefully, the other episodes will be better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1501) (1502) (1503) (1504) (1505) (1506) (1507) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.