Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5998208 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) ... (2847) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2017
slimthugchimee:

Is Sudan ECOWAS abeg??

Guy grin grin grin e do naaaa ,I was wrong ,I know
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 19, 2017
tdayof:

Sounds funny. I was going to type but immediately I saw the female icon in a military thread. I knew it's probably going to be a patriotic comment instead of something realistic.
You by thinking that her comment for real because she is female shows your backwards. I don't know about yours, but Ethiopians are products of intelligent women.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hati13:

You by thinking that her comment for real because she is female shows your backwards. I don't know about yours, but Ethiopians are products of intelligent women.

Dude, why are you feeling inferior? Check that post again and see how it sounds.

You better leave for the romance sections. Nemesis2u can show you the way incase you can't remember.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 19, 2017
tdayof:

Dude, why are you feeling inferior? Check that post again and see how it sounds.

You better leave for the romance sections. Nemesis2u can show you the way incase you can't remember.
I didn't felt and will never feel inferior. Don't guess that ppl feel like you.

I'm not a viewer of the Romance section like your eyes seems to be addicted to.

Useless!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
Ibrahimanees:

Correct. But we are not talking of "resolve" we are talking of military engagement. Every conflict goes: "tensions, escalation, military engagement, hundreds or thousands killed, peace talks, conflict resolved". Peace talks always resolve conflicts but that has not stopped us humans from fighting before.

Right. Simply, Egypt cannot, will not go to war with Ethiopia.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:39pm On Nov 19, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:41pm On Nov 19, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 10:43pm On Nov 19, 2017
tdayof:
Where is this place?

NNS UNITY AND NNS CENTENARY
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 11:13pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hati13:

I didn't felt and will never feel inferior.[/b]Don't guess that ppl feel like you. [b]

I'm not a viewer of the Romance section like your eyes seems to be addicted to. [/b]
Useless![b]

@bolded dude ?? Seriously??

Was it really necessary??

@to the topic at hand ,my 1naira says Egypt beats Ethiopia back to back if war breaks out
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 11:53pm On Nov 19, 2017
Algerian1:

west africa in dark green , really not on the way between the two countries

sudan will hardely let them use its air space , so for me in case of air strike it will be by red sea with maybe saudi tankers refueling ( they are in the same coalition and do airstrikes in yemen )

seen ,thanks the map ,it really helped
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:35am On Nov 20, 2017
seriously tongue tongue tongue

no water wars will be allowed (atleast very very serious effort will be made)

becz

if Ethiopia unilaterally enforces her writ on Egypt

or

if Egypt unilaterally enforces her writ on Ethiopia

this will set a very bad presidence for the future

it will mean water wars can be initiated and won without any international intervention to stop such wars.

i dont thinks other nations will allow this , very bad for international stability (but good for arms sale)

so i believe international pressure and mediation will intervene on this water dispute (if sense prevails on everybody involved)

(and if does not happen....... better start arming up ur country big time, if water resources r being shared with neighboring countries , treaties and present understanding will go for a toss in the future if water scarcity hits big time )
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 6:39am On Nov 20, 2017
tdayof:

Nice picture, captions would also help wink

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:31am On Nov 20, 2017
Off topic

A US Navy pilot thought it was fun he drew this up in the sky grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 20, 2017
Tunisian SF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 20, 2017
Chinese SR5 MLRS spotted in Algeria .

in service and no info about a contract was published before !

source menadefense

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:03am On Nov 20, 2017
Odunayaw:
Sudan? member of ECOWAS?
I need a cigarette grin
chisos
chad n Cameroon unko
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 9:06am On Nov 20, 2017
a member of sudan government rapid support forces militia (RSF)armed with a QLZ87 Grenade Launcher

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 9:58am On Nov 20, 2017
If egypt ever ends up in a conflict with ethiopia, the rest of the nile basin countries including Uganda,Kenya,Tanzania will most likely provide moral and/or material support to Ethiopia... Which by extension will mean the rest of Africa will be on the side of re-negotiating the nile treaty one way or the other...
Kenya back in 2003 through parliament stoped recognising the nile treaty, Uganda too, the rest of the nile basin countries did the same...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3313893.stm

If foreign powers were to actively support Egypt (to uphold a treaty signed during colonial period, this would rekindle old resentment -it would be like they are still trying to colonise us) this would lead to a wider backlash from the continent which would probably mean those foreign powers will have to choose between Egypt and the rest of Africa

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 10:07am On Nov 20, 2017
Tanzania too had its own ideas

http://www.ntz.info/gen/n01799.html
A battle for control over the Nile has broken out between Egypt, which regards the world's longest river as its lifeblood, and the countries of sub-Saharan Africa, which complain that they are denied a fair share of its water. In the latest escalation in the dispute, which some observers believe could lead to a new conflict in east Africa, Tanzania has announced plans to build a 105-mile pipeline drawing water from Lake Victoria, which feeds the Nile. The project flouts a treaty giving Egypt a right of veto over any work which might threaten the flow of the river. TheNile Water Agreementof1929, granting Egypt the lion's share of the Nile waters, has been criticised by east African countries as a colonial relic. Under the treaty, Egypt is guaranteed access to 55.5bn cubic metres of water, out of a total of 84bn cubic metres. The Egyptian water minister, Mahmoud Abu-Zeid, recently described Kenya's intention to withdraw from the agreement as an "act of war". Boutros Boutros-Ghali, the former secretary-general of the UN, has predicted that the next war in the region will be over water. The Nile treaty, which Britain signed on behalf of its east African colonies, forbids any projects that could threaten the volume of water reaching Egypt. The agreement also gives Cairo the right to inspect the entire length of the Nile.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 10:29am On Nov 20, 2017
Algerian1:
Chinese SR5 MLRS spotted in Algeria .

in service and no info about a contract was published before !

source menadefense

I really like that MLRS

The idea of loading up with two different munitions types before deployment - it just seems so versatile

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 11:34am On Nov 20, 2017
iblawi:
Where is this place?
NNS UNITY AND NNS CENTENARY
Lagos

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 11:41am On Nov 20, 2017
Algerian1:
Mauritanian soldiers in republic center africa
seems other users of the octar cobra APC have adopted 'Nigerian styled ' gun shields.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 20, 2017
Kalapizim:
seems other users of the octar cobra APC have adopted 'Nigerian styled ' gun shields.

i think this gun shield style is used from long time from the original design

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 1:58pm On Nov 20, 2017
Algerian1:

i think this gun shield style is used from long time from the original design
nice cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 6:49pm On Nov 20, 2017
SAAF...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 20, 2017
Mauritius

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:38pm On Nov 20, 2017
Meanwhile in China....possible option for heavy lift? Probably cheaper than western options.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2017
ssaengine:
Meanwhile in China....possible option for heavy lift? Probably cheaper than western options.

Turboprop bad for the African wild, you'll have to land it on prepared or inspected fields. That's not always practical.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 8:56pm On Nov 20, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Turboprop bad for the African wild, you'll have to land it on prepared or inspected fields. That's not always practical.
i believe you meant to say turbofan,but C-17 has no issues landing and taking off from dirt airstrips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azvcf_2NzAY
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 8:58pm On Nov 20, 2017
Apologies for the poor photo quality. This column of vehicles was photographed by the side of the road near Harare.

Check that vehicle behind the Cascavel.

Looks like some of the Rhodesian relics are coming out of storage in Zim.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 10:17pm On Nov 20, 2017
My 3 favourite SAAF pics...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nganduh: 10:22pm On Nov 20, 2017
Zim

(1) (2) (3) ... (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) ... (2847) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)