Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,413 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:35 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029903 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1624) (1625) (1626) (1627) (1628) (1629) (1630) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 02, 2018
A Nigerian made Innoson IVM G15 military gun truck deployed in the northeast theater of operations.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 02, 2018
Photos confirmation of the LoI signed between Nigeria and Poland for the manufacturing of the Beryl M762 assault rifle in Nigeria.

The Beryl in the coming years will most likely replace the AK and it's older variants in Nigerian military service.

Let us also not forget, the AK was only introduced in the Late 90's in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 02, 2018
Nigerian Air Force commandos

Very nice looking Balaclava.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:58am On Apr 02, 2018
Frumentum:

grin grin grin
This is not the same webbing with the one in the other pic carrying the tripod
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2018
Henry240:
A Nigerian made Innoson IVM G15 military utility truck deployed in the northeast theater of operations.

Oga Henry I think it’s a gun truck

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 4:05pm On Apr 02, 2018
Henry240:
Photos confirmation of the LoI signed between Nigeria and Poland for the manufacturing of the Beryl M762 assault rifle in Nigeria.

The Beryl in the coming years will most likely replace the AK and it's older variants in Nigerian military service.

Beautiful picture.
The way it is supposed to be done
Transparency
G2- G2
COMPANY - NA
No shady middlemen involved.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
LTGEN:

Beautiful picture.
The way it is supposed to be done
Transparency
G2- G2
COMPANY - NA
No shady middlemen involved.
Agreed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 02, 2018
Fynline:

Oga Henry I think it’s a gun truck
Yes sir, you're correct.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 02, 2018
Odunayaw:
This is not the same webbing with the one in the other pic carrying the tripod

I know. I was teasing you.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 02, 2018
lionel4power:

what machine gun is that??

Vektor SS-77, which replaced the FN MAG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vektor_SS-77

Will be replaced by the DMG-5: lightest 7.62 mm GPMG in the world at 8.6kg and also available in 5.56mm.
The vehicle mounted version, the DMG-5 CX GPMG has a heavier barrel and only available in 7.62mm.

PIC: both guns and the lads who designed them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 02, 2018
Henry240:

Which DI is gonna handle the production sir ? Is it ProForce ?
And have they set aside logistics like money and materials for the production ?
And pls if you have any idea what the Rifle will look like pls share it sir... Gun fanatics like us cant wait! embarassed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Which DI is gonna handle the production sir ? Is it ProForce ?
And have they set aside logistics like money and materials for the production ?
And pls if you have any idea what the Rifle will look like pls share it sir... Gun fanatics like us cant wait! embarassed

DICON

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 02, 2018
tdayof:

DICON
Thanks bra..

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CaptainStephen(m): 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
LTGEN:
Beautiful picture. The way it is supposed to be done Transparency G2- G2 COMPANY - NA No shady middlemen involved.
In addition are other services too.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CaptainStephen(m): 7:18pm On Apr 02, 2018
Frumentum:

Vektor SS-77, which replaced the FN MAG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vektor_SS-77

Will be replaced by the DMG-5: lightest 7.62 mm GPMG in the world at 8.6kg and also available in 5.56mm.
The vehicle mounted version, the DMG-5 CX GPMG has a heavier barrel and only available in 7.62mm.

PIC: both guns and the lads who designed them.
One of your colleagues hinted me about the DMG-5, its indeed a trail blazer considering how impracticable it is operating 'traditional' GPMGs in tight spaces were you need suppressive fire.
This would be so ideal for close proximity ambushes where you have little time to disembark and engage. The most embarrassing scenario I witnessed was when one of our GPMG got hooked to the seat and tripped someone over. luckily it was a training exercise.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:29pm On Apr 02, 2018
CaptainStephen:
One of your colleagues hinted me about the DMG-5, its indeed a trail blazer considering how impracticable it is operating 'traditional' GPMGs in tight spaces were you need suppressive fire.
This would be so ideal for close proximity ambushes where you have little time to disembark and engage. The most embarrassing scenario I witnessed was when one of our GPMG got hooked to the seat and tripped someone over. luckily it was a training exercise .
hope no one burst into laughter
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:31pm On Apr 02, 2018
Frumentum:

I know. I was teasing you.
Ah grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CaptainStephen(m): 7:40pm On Apr 02, 2018
Odunayaw:
hope no one burst into laughter
you bet there were laughters grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2018
Mi 26 T2 , Algerian AF this days

president S system

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 02, 2018
sukhoi 30 MKA , Algerian AF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2018
Mi-171 , Algerian AF

public open doors this days

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2018
Mig 29 S , Algerian AF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 02, 2018
Kamov Ka-32 Helix , Algerian AF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 02, 2018
CaptainStephen:
This would be so ideal for close proximity ambushes where you have little time to disembark and engage. The most embarrassing scenario I witnessed was when one of our GPMG got hooked to the seat and tripped someone over. luckily it was a training exercise.
Here's the story of how the DMG-5 came about:
Engineer interns at Denel are given a final project at the end of their internship to determine whether they're given an employment contract or not. The 3 guys were challenged to produce the lightest GPMG in the world without compromising on stability, reliability and accuracy, and they could use any existing GPMG as a base, or design a completely new one. They chose the SS-77 as a base and produced the DMG-5, which is 20% lighter and can take all modern sighting systems.
I'm told that the pre-production model is now at 8.2kg.

PICS: The Vektor SS-77 version imported into the US by Remington. It's chambered in .30-06 (7.62x63mm)! shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CaptainStephen(m): 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2018
Frumentum:

Engineer interns at Denel are given a final project at the end of their internship to determine whether they're given an employment contract or not. The 3 guys were challenged to produce the lightest GPMG in the world without compromising on stability, reliability and accuracy, and they could use any existing GPMG as a base, or design a completely new one. They chose the SS-77 as a base and produced the DMG-5, which is 20% lighter and can take all modern sighting systems.

PICS: The Vektor SS-77 version imported into the US by Remington. It's chambered in .30-06 (7.62x63mm)! shocked shocked shocked
Woow 8.2kg ! That's even more impressive.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:42am On Apr 03, 2018
Algerian1:
Mi 26 T2 , Algerian AF this days

president S system
That thing is a beast! I've seen the older decrepit ones in the DRC swallow a Casspir and a Mamba comfortably (cargo only - like the Russians, we won't risk lives on those rust buckets grin grin grin).
Personally, I prefer the Chinook as it is a far more versatile tactical heavy-lifter. Sure, the MI-26T2 will haul far heavier loads but it's too lumbering for insertions and only really suited for supply ops in the rear.

For example, SA doctrine stresses proficiency in mountain ops which tactically includes the Pinnacle Manoeuvre - across all our classes of helicopters, from utility, light, medium to whatever future heavy platform we acquire.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 4:33am On Apr 03, 2018

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2018
How come these guys got all the goodies!!!!!!!
Algerian1:
Kamov Ka-32 Helix , Algerian AF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2018
Do you have any references for the .30-06 SS-77 ?
As far as I know, you'd have to completely redesign the gun to go to .30-06. The SS-77 can convert down to 5.56mm because its easy to swap a few feed tray parts,bolt,springs and barrel to down-convert. Hence the multical markings on the receiver. That's why it was relatively easy for the Israelis to make a 7.62Nato M-1919 from .30-06 parts kits.

The .30-06 is substantially longer than the 7.62, so you would have to re-design the whole gun. Including the entire receiver to make it work. If you don't the gun will tear itself apart, because it was designed for 7.62mm tolerances like bolt travel distances etc. At that point you might as well develop a 338 GPMG for the same budget.
I seriously doubt that DENEL has the spare cash laying around to do this for no apparent reason. I can't think of any military that still has .30-06 in inventory that would buy this for a relatively small (if any) increase in ballistics.

The caliber would also be clearly denoted on the barrel like they did with the serial nr. Accidentally feeding a 30.06 chamber 7.62 will cause a big problem.
Maybe the guys at Remington misunderstood the "multical" mark. They aren't the brightest gun company in the US.
How you go bankrupt in the largest gun market in world history is beyond my comprehension.

Frumentum:

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 03, 2018
61mech:
Do you have any references for the .30-06 SS-77 ?
As far as I know, you'd have to completely redesign the gun to go to .30-06. The SS-77 can convert down to 5.56mm because its easy to swap a few feed tray parts,bolt,springs and barrel to down-convert. Hence the multical markings on the receiver. That's why it was relatively easy for the Israelis to make a 7.62Nato M-1919 from .30-06 parts kits.

The .30-06 is substantially longer than the 7.62, so you would have to re-design the whole gun. Including the entire receiver to make it work. If you don't the gun will tear itself apart, because it was designed for 7.62mm tolerances like bolt travel distances etc. At that point you might as well develop a 338 GPMG for the same budget.
I seriously doubt that DENEL has the spare cash laying around to do this for no apparent reason. I can't think of any military that still has .30-06 in inventory that would buy this for a relatively small (if any) increase in ballistics.

Maybe the guys at Remington misunderstood the "multical" mark. They aren't the brightest gun company in the US.
How you go bankrupt in the largest gun market in world history is beyond my comprehension.

That's the claim Remington made when they displayed the ss-77 at SHOT 2018. I'll look for their press release. In the meantime, I got the pics here, where again the claim is repeated:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/30/shot-2018-remingtons-guns-2018/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2018
Saw the quote. Still very strange.
I'd imagine you'd need to re-tool some of your manufacturing to get it to work. That's an expensive process. Not as simple as just making some parts longer on the CNC.
Even if it was someone's side project, I still don't understand why you go to that cal. It would be like someone in the UK making a 303 assault rifle.
Make hell of a lot more sense if they converted it to 7.62x54 Russian. I think the old czech GPMG used a push through system for the rimmed 7.62mm, so you could make it work. It would be one hell of a seller.

Frumentum:

That's the claim Remington made when they displayed the ss-77 at SHOT 2018. I'll look for their press release. In the meantime, I got the pics here, where again the claim is repeated:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/30/shot-2018-remingtons-guns-2018/

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 03, 2018
Nigerian navy ships diamond formation at sea during December 2017's Treasure guard exercise.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1624) (1625) (1626) (1627) (1628) (1629) (1630) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.