Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,034 members, 7,863,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:26 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6034774 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 16, 2015
AN-32

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 7:07pm On May 16, 2015
africaken:
AN-32

the beast. Where was she sighted.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 7:07pm On May 16, 2015
africaken:
have the south africa airforce ever dropped bombs in anger post 1994 ?

Do you mean actual bombs or do rockets count, because our Rooivalk were used against M23 Rebels last year.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 7:13pm On May 16, 2015
africaken:
sudan il-76

sudan. Among the few african country in the 21st century that equips its military against itself.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 16, 2015
sudan airforce MIG-29 fighter jets

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 16, 2015
People & Power - Chad - At War with Boko Haram promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOVec5sa6NM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 16, 2015
sudan airforce C-130

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 8:03pm On May 16, 2015
africaken:
sudan il-76

Always loved this bird, same way I love the C-130.

Who are the white guys working on Sudan's MiG-29 jets? Contractors?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 16, 2015
sudan airbase

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 16, 2015
agaugust:

either Belarus or russian
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 16, 2015
sudan antonov AN-72

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 16, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 9:30pm On May 16, 2015
frumentius:

A certain Phalaborwa-based Regiment has them. Regular and reserve soldiers buy them out of own pocket. MinDef saw them whilst visiting and instructed a general to look into equipping everyone else. Procurement process being what it is, heaven knows how long that will be.
Latest I've heard is units rotating for external deployments will be first to receive them and then cascading down.
I've seen pics of lads wearing knee high covers.

You'd think the RDF is stup..I'd for issuing its men with gumboots.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 9:32pm On May 16, 2015
africaken:
have the south africa airforce ever dropped bombs in anger post 1994 ?
No.

But that's not important.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 16, 2015
agaugust:

Have you seen AN-70? That bird is just perfect. A direct rival to A400m and the C-130J.

How i wish Nigeria could just order 5 examples of AN-70.

The image was taken in 2008, i believe they are Ukrainian.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 16, 2015
SAAF Gripen

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 16, 2015
Photo credit : bidexii

Nigerian Army beryl assault rifles.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 16, 2015
Nigerian Airforce Heavy lift

- C-130H

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 16, 2015
MikeCZAR:
No.

But that's not important.

if you dont flex your muscles nobody is going to take you seriously
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 16, 2015
Henry120:

Have you seen AN-70? That bird is just perfect. A direct rival to A400m and the C-130J.

read the following link http://www.rense.com/general18/russiasells.htm
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fydence: 10:39pm On May 16, 2015
Henry120:

The Dassult Rafale, Saab Gripen and Sukhoi SU-27/30 are the world's most beautiful fighter jets.

*The Eurofighter typhoon in the air is also beautiful, but on the ground, not so much.
yea your love for these jets has never been hidden. Especially the rafale. The sukhoi is a personal favourite though
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fydence: 10:42pm On May 16, 2015
Henry120:
Photo credit : bidexii

Nigerian Army beryl assault rifles.
is this the army's standard issue nw or is that the grand plan?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 16, 2015
fydence:
is this the army's standard issue nw or is that the grand plan?

6000 rifles were ordered. I suspect they are currently for Army Special forces unit and a Special counter terror unit.

The beryl would most likely replace the AKM/AK-47 currently in use in N.A service. The rifle is basically an AK up-grade.

The Nigerian Army would continue to use the 7.62 Ammo, I don't see them moving to the 5.56 Ammo, as many who have evaluated the 5.56 have complained about it's significantly weaker punch.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 16, 2015
Nigerian Air Force Alpha jet, Trainer/light attack jet.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 16, 2015
Nigerian Airforce

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:51am On May 17, 2015
Henry120:

Outclasses the C-130J maybe the stretched variant.

Sad that its future seem uncertain cause of the Ukraine conflict.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:54am On May 17, 2015
africaken:
if you dont flex your muscles nobody is going to take you seriously
There's no need to flex muscles at your friends.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:06am On May 17, 2015
MikeCZAR:
There's no need to flex muscles at your friends.

someone kill's your soldier and you dont want to hurt him!,thats a first.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:09am On May 17, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:05am On May 17, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Outclasses the C-130J maybe the stretched variant.

Sad that its future seem uncertain cause of the Ukraine conflicts.
Yeah, quite sad. It would have replaced both transport fleets of Russia and Ukraine. it's profitability would have been guaranteed.

The AN-178 looks promising though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:39am On May 17, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:51am On May 17, 2015
MikeCZAR:
I've seen pics of lads wearing knee high covers.

You'd think the RDF is stup..I'd for issuing its men with gumboots.

People laugh at the Congolese, Rwandans and Ugandans for their gumboots, until they experience the mud. A weapons cache was discovered in a jungle clearing and an EOD team sent out. Simple, right? The skies opened up and wouldn't let up. What had been a few hours work turned into a muddy week-long mission, with a full company sent to protect the EOD lads and secure the perimeter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.