Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,517 members, 7,861,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:15 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6030456 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:03am On May 18, 2015
agaugust:

Money speaking.

Algeria has the best equipped and most modern military in Africa.

I guess even France cannot defeat Algeria in conventional war.

France would smash the christ out of Algeria.

The french have a massive technological advantage, and they are professionals.

So yes, you guessed, and you guessed wrong

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 7:14am On May 18, 2015
Henry120:

I differ, the G-222 and much larger C-130's have various roles they carry out in the military. They are important lift capabilities a large military must have in service to be truly effective. In an emergency I would need my C-130's to be available to deploy men and resources in real-time.

A fleet of 10 G-222's or casa's is like having only 30 A109's in service. In peace time they are okay, but in an emergency were considerable supplies are required, they are totally useless.

Nigeria and south Africa have no real use for large semi-stratrgic lift like the an-70 or a400m - the acquisition of either will be an end game objective, not a capacity building objective

We can only afford them in small numbers that limit any real strategic warfare

It is more practical to develop a fleet of light transports to supplement existing medium lift rather than blow budgets on large platforms that will be extremely inefficient to use in peace time and will not provide any real strategic lift capabilities for quick reaction operations in wartime - their only real use will be for the slow buildup of forces that is synonymous with peacekeeping

A large fleet of light transports to supplement existing medium lift will remain more beneficial for either military - this has been confirmed by the USAF

And your dislike for the A109 is starting to seriously irritate me - I suspect you dislike it because one nation in particular operates a large number of them and your dislike for that nation is clouding your judgement
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 7:17am On May 18, 2015
Henry120:
Honourary

Africa's largest military ship. Algeria's LPD (amphibious transport dock)

Flagship of the Algerian Navy, kalaat Béni Abbès LPD

The vessel was ordered in 2011 and she's based on an updated and larger San Giorgio LPD, it displaces 8,800 tons at full load, she's 149.2 m long and 21.5 m in beam, the vessel's stern dock can carry three 19.5m LCM

When not loaded with armoured vehicles the hangar can be used to house up to 5 helicopters.

Algeria is really going big, If they had a strong local defense industry like the one S.A has Algeria would be a very formidable Force probably more powerful than Egypt.

With a defence industry like the one S.A has Algeria would definitely invest ten times more than what we do. They would be unstoppable.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 7:23am On May 18, 2015
africaken:
sudan airforce SU-25

It would seem that the engine wash has ripped up the tarmac... Impressive
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 7:24am On May 18, 2015
africaken:
whats your point ?

All extremely powerful militaries that have not been fully utilised
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 2:33pm On May 18, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 18, 2015
agaugust:

Great Britain could not smash Argentina that had obsolete equipment, incompetent navy, ancient warships, ancient aircraft, in-experienced teenage army of hungry conscripts no and a collapsed economy, the Brits won after sustaining heavy casualties.

Algeria is very well trained with the most modern weapons in the world, and their army won an 11 year COIN war, Britain has not defeated Taliban in 13 years.

Algeria has the ultra-modern military satellites, radars, ECM & ECCM, jet fighters, warships, submarines, tanks, missiles.....thousands and thousands of modern long range missiles.

France cannot fly through Algeria's new S-300 long range air defence missiles, Pantsir CRAM anti-missile systems, drive through 5,000 anti-tank guided missiles, drive through 90 km range BM Smerch artillery, half a million soldiers, sail through hundreds of C-803 ship launched anti-ship missiles/Su-30 Jet launched anti-ship missiles, and heavy-weight torpedo Kilo submarines.... France will die....only God can say who will win the war.

Big country name does not win a war, big weapons/operator capability wins.

Lol. Ignorance is bleess..
And you think the french men don't have all and more of what you just mention??
Algeria don't stand a chance against the france.
Believe that

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:22pm On May 18, 2015
agaugust:

Great Britain could not smash Argentina that had obsolete equipment, incompetent navy, ancient warships, ancient aircraft, in-experienced teenage army of hungry conscripts no and a collapsed economy, the Brits won after sustaining heavy casualties.

Algeria is very well trained with the most modern weapons in the world, and their army won an 11 year COIN war, Britain has not defeated Taliban in 13 years.

Algeria has the ultra-modern military satellites, radars, ECM & ECCM, jet fighters, warships, submarines, tanks, missiles.....thousands and thousands of modern long range missiles.

France cannot fly through Algeria's new S-300 long range air defence missiles, Pantsir CRAM anti-missile systems, drive through 5,000 anti-tank guided missiles, drive through 90 km range BM Smerch artillery, half a million soldiers, sail through hundreds of C-803 ship launched anti-ship missiles/Su-30 Jet launched anti-ship missiles, and heavy-weight torpedo Kilo submarines.... France will die....only God can say who will win the war.

France has more and better of all capabilities - and again, they are professionals

Britain scored a victory over the Argentinians that echoes through military history as one of the great "against all odds" campaigns

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 5:08pm On May 18, 2015
agaugust:

lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 8:47pm On May 18, 2015

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 8:48pm On May 18, 2015

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 10:26pm On May 18, 2015
agaugust:

You are just one of the Africans who believe a white man will always defeat the rest of the world just because they are white. Why did they fail to colonize Ethiopia?

Fact is that France does NOT have more than Algeria. I have stated technical facts with numbers, you guys are just arguing with ZERO data coming from your dream land. Can you prove me right with data the way I make my claims with data?

Look at him! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:10am On May 19, 2015
agaugust:

You are just one of the Africans who believe a white man will always defeat the rest of the world just because they are white. Why did they fail to colonize Ethiopia?

Fact is that France does NOT have more than Algeria. I have stated technical facts with numbers, you guys are just arguing with ZERO data coming from your dream land. Can you prove me right with data the way I make my claims with data?

France has more and it is all better

This is a fact

What you wrote is over emotional drivel

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:15am On May 19, 2015
agaugust:

Algeria is far better armed than Argentina. France has NOTHING special that Algeria does not have. Equipment is equal.

I need proof with technical data, not your personal opinion with no military facts. France will die like chicken if the fight Algeria. Final winner, only God can predict.

Why do you keep talking about Argentina?

France's equipment details are readily available, go look them up

I assure you that it is all better, and unlike Algeria, the equipment is operated by professionals

Are you planning on trolling this thread as well?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:17am On May 19, 2015
agaugust:
I have stated technical facts with numbers, you guys are just arguing with ZERO data coming from your dream land. Can you prove me right with data the way I make my claims with data?

Hilarious grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:37am On May 19, 2015
agaugust:

first of all those arabs dont consider themselves africans and would never bleed for us (all north africa countries )thats why your seeing morocco and egypt busy in yemen helping their fellow saudi arabs

uganda troops in somalia

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:48am On May 19, 2015
agaugust:

with all that still france is doing 90% to contain al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 10:49am On May 19, 2015
africaken:
with all that still france is doing 90% to contain al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb

that's because france has interests in the regions they are involved in.

that's not a means to judge.

moreover algeria has a policy of not intervening in external conflicts militarily.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 11:06am On May 19, 2015
patches689:

Why do you keep talking about Argentina?

France's equipment details are readily available, go look them up

I assure you that it is all better, and unlike Algeria, the equipment is operated by professionals

Are you planning on trolling this thread as well?

one thing i realy dislike about your opinions (not you) is that if it's not western it's not professional.

it is flawed and amateurish reasoning.

and you guys should always try to see reasons instead of tackling an opinion based on personal grudges for someone.

if there was to be a war between france and algeria it would be close to algeria. and except france will get help from it's western allies, france does not have the capabilities to wage such a war far from home and against a formidable force like algeria and expect to win. that's a fact.

fighting militants is not same as fighting a well armed conventional military.

Technology only gives an advantage but does not guarantee a win. during the algerian/morroco war, morroco had advantage in advanced weaponry and were well supplied by the west, while algeria which barely had a military back then could not be defeated despite taking more casualties.

one thing i know is that the algerians can fight and are well disciplined.

France defeating algeria (if they go alone) is a dream IMO. it'll surprise you that even the rafael will be retreat after a few have been hit with algerian s-300.

and who told you algerians are not well trained. did you conduct the training? or is it because they don't train with your western demigods? i'll like to know.

cos you south africans make it seem like france fighting a country like algeria will be like a walk in the park.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 19, 2015
stillchris:

that's because france has interests in the regions they are involved in.

that's not a means to judge.

moreover algeria has a policy of not intervening in external conflicts militarily.
is that so,you know it won't kill you to google http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Algeria
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:15pm On May 19, 2015
stillchris:

one thing i realy dislike about your opinions (not you) is that if it's not western it's not professional.

and you guys should always try to see reasons instead of tackling an opinion based on personal grudges for someone.

if there was to be a war between france and algeria it would be close to algeria. and except france will get help from it's western allies, france does not have the capabilities to wage such a war far from home and against a formidable force like algeria and expect to win. that's a fact.

Technology only gives an advantage but does not guarantee a win. during the algerian/morroco war, morroco had advantage in advanced weaponry and were well supplied by the west, while algeria which barely had a military back then could not be defeated despite taking more casualties.

France defeating algeria (if they go alone) is a dream IMO. it'll surprise you that even the rafael will be retreat after a few have been hit with algerian s-300.

and who told you algerians are not well trained. did you conduct the training? or is it because they don't train with your western demigods? i'll like to know.

cos you south africans make it seem like france fighting a country like algeria will be like a walk in the park.

Algeria has a conscript army

Thus, by definition, they are not professional

France is one of the few countries in the world was blue-water force projection - in-case you forgot, they have a full blown carrier as well as 7 amphibious warfare vessels ( 3 Mistrals to Algerias 1) so they can very easily fight that far from home.

Much is being made of Algeria's air defence network - what you fail to realize is that it will quickly be eroded by french warships slinging cruise missiles and the French airforce employing their Storm Shadow cruise missiles from over 300km away and later their AASM Hammer munitions. Algerias S300 stocks are not unlimited.

Algeria will be bombed into the stone age before the first french planes come within the 200km range of the Algerian S-300PMU-2's.

Algeria's 44 SU-30's wont stand a chance against against Frances ~100 Rafaels, the rest of the Algerian airforce wont stand a chance against the 124 remaining french Mirage 2000's.

Now lets talk logistics:

1. Algeria is in range of French Rafaels based in France (with aerial-refuel) as well as Mirage 2000's based in France (aerial refuel)
2. Algeria is in range of French air assets based in Mali, Niger and Chad.

Once air superiority is established, its just a question of mopping up.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 12:18pm On May 19, 2015
africaken:
is that so,you know it won't kill you to google http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Algeria

guy, aside from the war with israel ( which we all know is based on religion), the list is mainly Algerian conflicts.

Algerian constition forbids military intervention in foreugn conflicts. it's not up for discussion. i'm preoccupied right now, but this is the closest i could find to make you understand better.
http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/security/2014/06/algeria-mali-will-not-intervene.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 12:28pm On May 19, 2015
patches689:

Algeria has a conscript army

Thus, by definition, they are not professional

France is one of the few countries in the world was blue-water force projection - in-case you forgot, they have a full blown carrier as well as 7 amphibious warfare vessels ( 3 Mistrals to Algerias 1) so they can very easily fight that far from home.

Much is being made of Algeria's air defence network - what you fail to realize is that it will quickly be eroded by french warships slinging cruise missiles and the French airforce employing their Storm Shadow cruise missiles from over 300km away and later their AASM Hammer munitions. Algerias S300 stocks are not unlimited.

Algeria will be bombed into the stone age before the first french planes come within the 200km range of the Algerian S-300PMU-2's.

Algeria's 44 SU-30's wont stand a chance against against Frances ~100 Rafaels, the rest of the Algerian airforce wont stand a chance against the 124 remaining french Mirage 2000's.

Now lets talk logistics:

1. Algeria is in range of French Rafaels based in France (with aerial-refuel) as well as Mirage 2000's based in France (aerial refuel)
2. Algeria is in range of French air assets based in Mali, Niger and Chad.

Once air superiority is established, its just a question of mopping up.

lol... patches.

and Algerian war ships will stiill be docked to watch in amusement as french ships sling cruise missiles frombit's shores?

war is not like playing video games guy. you were in so much hurry that you forgot france has to engagr the Algerian Navy first (which is also blue water capable) before slinging dem cruise missilesgrin.

and while the navies engage, the algerian army positions it's air defences in anticipation for a french air campaign.

don't try to use the iraq template on this one. we both know US fought an already crumbled military. iraqi generals even gave US cordinates of where and when to hit.

let's not derail this thread abeggrin.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 19, 2015
stillchris:

you need to ask your self why the iranians refused to buy S-300 PMU
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 1:33pm On May 19, 2015
africaken:
you need to ask your self why the iranians refused to buy S-300 PMU

i don't know where you get your information from.

iran already paid for them but russia refused to supply because of the UN arms embargo on iran.

russia has lifted the ban and is about to supply iran with the systems. they are even considering selling s-400 to them.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32290335

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 2:22pm On May 19, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 19, 2015
stillchris:

i don't know where you get your information from.

iran already paid for them but russia refused to supply because of the UN arms embargo on iran.

russia has lifted the ban and is about to supply iran with the systems. they are even considering selling s-400 to them.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32290335
if carefully read what i wrote ,you would have understood that they dont want the S-300PMU 1/2 but S-400. russia isnt selling anyone the S-400 which is still introducing to its forces
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 19, 2015
agaugust:

Algerian army air defence, artillery, infantry, missile force, armoured vehicles, are more in numbers than those of France and just as modern, or even more modern than that of France in some cases. You have not given any technical data proof why France will crush Algeria, except your private emotion and imaginations.

I don't want to talk much on a photo thread. I have shown you the summary of Algeria's weapons, names and numbers they have. France has NOTHING superior overall.
algeria airforce will be slaughter with France meteor AAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEGLjzQaK8o
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 2:50pm On May 19, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 19, 2015
YOU GUYS SHOULD STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD WITH YOUR POINTLESS AND IRRELEVANT ARGUMENT!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 2:56pm On May 19, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 2:58pm On May 19, 2015
Henry120:
YOU GUYS SHOULD STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD WITH YOUR POINTLESS AND IRRELEVANT ARGUMENT!!!!!

Copy that sir, I will delete all my comments in that regard. Patches started it. I only made a simple sentence of a comment on the photo of Algeria's new ship and he expanded it into derailment. I will wipe off those comments, and I hope others do the same. I salute !

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kabe1 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.