Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,768 members, 7,865,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:41 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1694) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6038244 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1691) (1692) (1693) (1694) (1695) (1696) (1697) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 28, 2018
Deleted
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 28, 2018
Deleted.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 28, 2018
Deleted..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 9:58am On Jun 28, 2018
newafricaken254:
The Assistant Chief of Defence Forces in charge of Personnel & Logistics Maj Gen Samuel Nandwa represented the Chief of the Defence Forces in presiding over the Matriculation of Kenya Military Academy Cadets Intake 08 set to pursue BSc. in Military Studies at Kenyatta University.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 10:21am On Jun 28, 2018
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 28, 2018
kenpaul0:
Cameroonian BIR committing atrocities https://www.facebook.com/bbcnewspidgin/videos/935156780023382/

Why quoting me on that ?

My deleted post was on helicopters

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:52am On Jun 28, 2018
Saffas,did you know SAAB has a stealth program? I had no idea! It appears to be a follow on program of the Grip and I could only find this 3d render. Patches689,ssaengine,jln115,andrewza,frumentius,anything?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 11:16am On Jun 28, 2018
China says it will increase its military presence in Africa

For decades, China's presence in Africa has largely focused on economic, commercial and peacekeeping activities. Now, Beijing is building on that by establishing greater military links to protect its national assets on the continent and gain greater geopolitical influence.

The People's Liberation Army conducts regular joint training exercises across the region and, in certain countries that are home to major Chinese infrastructure projects under the Belt and Road initiative, the communist state has been especially active.

In Djibouti, where Chinese companies have constructed strategic ports and Africa's first electric transnational railway, Beijing last year formally launched its first overseas military base, which also operates as a logistics and intelligence facility. Many experts now anticipate more Chinese bases in the years to come, with Namibia rumored as a potential location.

Meanwhile in Tanzania, where the state-run conglomerate China Merchants Holdings International is hoping to invest in the Bagamoyo mega port, China built a complex designed to train local armed forces earlier this year. And, at the first-ever China-Africa Defense and Security Forum in Beijing on Tuesday, the communist state announced it will provide African countries with "comprehensive support" on matters such as piracy and counter-terrorism. That includes providing technologies, equipment, personnel and strategic advice, local media reported. link https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/27/china-increases-defence-ties-with-africa.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
ssaengine:

Yes. Even "Carl Zeiss" isn't "Carl Zeiss". But still do the same work.
yeah but he doesn't work for Carl Zeiss at all anymore... He's a managing director at VAStech now.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Troop101: 12:27pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nice to hear that some Nigerians is on their way to AFB Langebaanweg for some training.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 28, 2018
Tv report about Polytechnic Military Academy in Algeria for research and engineers formation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q-AHdaJ4sA
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
Sorry about that bro...my bad

nemesis8u:

Why quoting me on that ?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2018
kikuyu1:
Saffas,did you know SAAB has a stealth program? I had no idea! It appears to be a follow on program of the Grip and I could only find this 3d render. Patches689,ssaengine,jln115,andrewza,frumentius,anything?
Don't think they are putting to much effort into their Stealth program..... After all it's been suggested that the Gripen NG will be the first 6th gen fighter in the world when it enters service....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 28, 2018
jln115:

Don't think they are putting to much effort into their Stealth program..... After all it's been suggested that the Gripen NG will be the first 6th gen fighter in the world when it enters service....
You are delusional, it's incredible.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 2:34pm On Jun 28, 2018
nemesis8u:

Sorry about that bro....My Bad

Why quoting me on that ?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
Henry240:

You are delusional, it's incredible.
Wasn't my opinion you fvcktard, was just quoting aviation week.

http://m.aviationweek.com/defense/saab-s-new-gripen-future-fighters

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2018
jln115:

Wasn't my opinion you fvcktard, was just quoting aviation week.

http://m.aviationweek.com/defense/saab-s-new-gripen-future-fighters

You must be smoking a very potent strain of weed.

From your own article,

"However, what should qualify the JAS 39E for a Gen 6 tag is what suits it most for a post-Cold War environment. It is not the world's fastest, most agile or stealthiest fighter. That is not a bug, it is a feature. The requirements were deliberately constrained because the JAS 39E is intended to cost less to develop, build and operate than the JAS 39C, despite doing almost everything better. As one engineer says: “The Swedish air force could not afford to do this the traditional way”—and neither can many others."

How does the above make the Gripen E a 6th Generation aircraft?

The Gripen E/F is 4+ generation, not even 5th generation. It's capabilities are similar to what you find in a Rafale, MIG-35, SU-35S and F/A-18SH.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2018
Henry240:

You must be smoking a very potent strain of weed.

From your own article,

"However, what should qualify the JAS 39E for a Gen 6 tag is what suits it most for a post-Cold War environment. It is not the world's fastest, most agile or stealthiest fighter. That is not a bug, it is a feature. The requirements were deliberately constrained because the JAS 39E is intended to cost less to develop, build and operate than the JAS 39C, despite doing almost everything better. As one engineer says: “The Swedish air force could not afford to do this the traditional way”—and neither can many others."

How does the above make the Gripen E a 6th Generation aircraft?

The Gripen E/F is 4+ generation, not even 5th generation. It's capabilities are similar to what you find in a Rafale, MIG-35, SU-35S and F/A-18SH.
And? Did you not read my post? I literally was quoting aviationweek for the reasons above?

When I said 6gen it was quite fvcking obvious that I wasn't talking about placing the Gripen NG with the Mig41 and F/A-xx.

What makes the Gripen 6gen according to the article was the fact that it's so cost effective to maintain yet has the net centric warfare capability matching that of any aircraft in service.

I literally quoted the exact same paragraphs you did above when I first quoted aviation week a couple of years ago... On this thread I think as well!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
jln115:

And? Did you not read my post? I literally was quoting aviationweek for the reasons above?

When I said 6gen it was quite fvcking obvious that I wasn't talking about placing the Gripen NG with the Mig41 and F/A-xx.

What makes the Gripen 6gen according to the article was the fact that it's so cost effective to maintain yet has the net centric warfare capability matching that of any aircraft in service.

I literally quoted the exact same paragraphs you did above when I first quoted aviation week a couple of years ago... On this thread I think as well!

No point in arguing.

His ramblings tie into his obsessions over South Africa and Gripen.

Some people simply cannot move on with their lives.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2018
Inside Denel's Pretoria Metal Pressings factories. Manufacturers of military & civilian use ammunition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXBoSxO_baM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2018
Armscor....the most comprehensive video about South Africa's defence industry you'll watch. Then take into account how Armscor, CSIR, DENEL and SANDF all work together to produce particular solutions & products. Just too bad that funding at the moment is limiting the industry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q-SbAANXeo

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2018
jln115:

And? Did you not read my post? I

Same as the Tucano, so i can also claim the Super Tucano is also 6th generation.

However, unlike you, I'm not insane.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2018
Henry240:

Same as the Tucano, so i can also claim the Super Tucano is also 6th generation.

jln115:

Comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong suit..............Do you actually know the meaning of the word "quote" or "according to"??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 10:15pm On Jun 28, 2018

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 1:24am On Jun 29, 2018
ssaengine:
SAAF PC MK II. Role - pilot training.

-Front Cockpit
-Rear Cockpit

can SAAF PC 6 MK II be weaponized?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:29am On Jun 29, 2018
lionel4power:

can SAAF PC 6 MK II be weaponized?
PC 7s have been weaponized by other countries but ours never will be.... They are solely for training.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:50am On Jun 29, 2018
Henry240:

He isnt saying its 6th gen.

Aviation week is.

Stop trying to start arguments for the sake of arguing. If you have a problem with the article, send an email to the editor.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 29, 2018
NAF HOLDS 2018 LEGAL CONFERENCE IN MAIDUGURI, CONDEMNS ALL FORMS OF HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has commenced a 3-day Legal Conference for NAF field commanders and legal officers at the Air Vice Marshal (AVM) EE Edem Multipurpose Hall, NAF Base Maiduguri. The Conference, which has the theme “The Role of Military Lawyers in Contemporary Military Operations”, is one of the human capacity building initiatives of the current NAF leadership aimed at enhancing the knowledge of participants to enable them more effectively tackle legal issues associated with the performance of their constitutional roles. The Conference is featuring lectures on topics such as “Targeting”, “Application of the Law of Targeting to Modern Battlefield”, “Command and Individual Responsibility in Law of Armed Conflict (LOAC)” and “Rules of Engagement (ROE)”, which are being delivered by highly experienced resource persons.

At the opening ceremony on 27 June 2018, the Special Guest of Honour, the Executive Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, who was represented by the Borno State Head of Service, Architect Yerima Saleh, expressed delight that the Conference was being held in Maiduguri. He restated the commitment of the Government and people of Borno State to supporting the continuous efforts of the NAF improving security in the State. He also lauded NAF’s human capacity development efforts, noting that equipping commanders and lawyers with requisite knowledge was critical to ensuring that their operations were always conducted within the ambits of the law.

In his remarks at the event, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, stated that the nature of non-conventional warfare requires that personnel maintain a high level of professionalism and firm understanding of their responsibilities under the law. He emphasised that the dynamic nature of such operational environments and the attendant need to keep abreast with constantly evolving legal considerations made it necessary for field commanders and legal officers to be knowledgeable and up-to-date with current and emerging trends in both local and international laws that govern the conduct of air operations. He therefore urged participants to make the most of the Conference by applying the knowledge gained to fine-tune their decision-making processes for enhanced performance.

Speaking further, Air Marshal Abubakar reminded the personnel that the fight against Boko Haram Terrorists was being waged because the insurgents had violated the rights of Nigerian citizens in the Northeast to life, education, liberty and productive livelihood, among others. He said it would thus be a contemptible breach of trust if military personnel, who are charged with combatting the terrorists, turned around to perpetrate similar offenses against those who they were supposed to protect. He therefore stressed that the NAF, under his leadership, would maintain zero tolerance for human rights violations. The CAS concluded by observing that the Service had always promptly investigated and dealt with all allegations of human rights violations against its personnel and would continue to do so, once such allegations are backed with evidence. He then implored all those who believe their rights had been violated by any NAF personnel not to shy away from reporting such alleged infractions, with credible evidence, while giving the NAF sufficient time to investigate and deal with such matters in accordance with statutory provisions.

Earlier in his welcome address, the Chief of Administration at NAF Headquarters, AVM Ibrahim Yahaya, said that Maiduguri was specifically chosen as venue for the 2018 NAF Legal Conference to afford all operational commanders in the Northeast the opportunity to attend the Conference along with their colleagues and legal officers from other units. He said, apart from improving their knowledge base, the Conference would enable them further review their operational processes in line with local and international laws. Meanwhile, according to the Deputy Director of Legal Services at HQ NAF, Group Captain Sanda Jika, the Conference was aimed at sustaining excellence and professionalism in the discharge of legal duties in the NAF. Consequently, he specially thanked the CAS for providing the needed guidance and enabling environment for the Conference to hold.

While in Maiduguri, the CAS seized the opportunity to commission three projects that were recently completed in the Base. These included two blocks of 6 x 2 bedroom flats and a block of 10 x one bedroom flats for officers, both of which were fully furnished. Also commissioned was a newly built mini-supermarket, which when fully stocked, would obviate the need for personnel to leave the Base to buy provisions and other essential items. The CAS promised to provide take-off grant to serve as revolving loan for stocking of the supermarket. In response, the Air Task Force (ATF) Commander, AVM Idi Lubo, conveyed the appreciation of the officers and men of the ATF to the CAS for his resolve to improve the working conditions of NAF personnel serving in Operation LAFIYA DOLE. He said this had significantly improved the ATF’s ability to effectively perform its task.

OLATOKUNBO ADESANYA
Air Vice Marshal
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 29, 2018

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patented: 7:55am On Jun 29, 2018
Teh dem

SternProphet:

Thank you for this. It is gratifying to have people with technological awareness on this forum. You and NemesisXu especially. Let me just add that lubrication, balancing and vibration problems on main rotary bearing and assembly of a helicopter would have been the subject of PhD work in universities and industrial research projects going on more than 60 years. The work has not even stopped. When my fellow Nigerians discuss technology i get very irritated.
They are mostly right that Nigeria has all the talent. What they don't realize is the amount of work, organization, team management, money, generations of engineers and dedication involved.

Those four struts carrying the assembly, the mathematics, modelling, computer analyses work alone would be massive. That is why that chopper takes off and lands everyday for the next 30 years with just a few PDMs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 29, 2018

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 29, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (1691) (1692) (1693) (1694) (1695) (1696) (1697) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.