Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,825 members, 7,837,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1698) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5997143 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1695) (1696) (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:30am On Jul 04, 2018
patches689:

And so?
so now you have switched to your infantile mode !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:34am On Jul 04, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Chief that rifle is ugly. I don't know why subsaharan African countries go for ugly aesthetics when it comes to rifle.
Can't we have shiits like this...
Or its our feather head leaders sitting on the money... making us go for ugly ass rifle ?

Because South African SF's aren't trying to be "tacti-cool" and Gucci warriors. They use what works for them, not what looks good. But they do of course have/use "nice" looking rifles with all the furniture added.

But if you want slightly more pimped South African rifles, there you go...

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:46am On Jul 04, 2018
The Cabinet Secretary for Ministry of Defence Amb Raychelle Omamo today received the Kenya Navy Ship Shujaa in Mombasa following the ship's 21-month training voyage & midlife refit programme at the Damen Shipyards in the Kingdom of The Netherlands.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:51am On Jul 04, 2018
Jordanian-made Al-Wahsh vehicle with Snake Head turret seen in service with the Libyan National Army (LNA).during recent clashes

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu11: 8:52am On Jul 04, 2018
nemesis8u:

An 32 was ok in its time , now it is not supported and spares r hard to come by.

Best go for new options

With good posters you learn smth new every day-thanks! I had no idea. Why didn't they come up with a follow on of this excellent platform with same charactaristics?
-STOL
-Price
-Reliability

I see a glaring market gap.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu11: 8:59am On Jul 04, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Chief that rifle is ugly. I don't know why subsaharan African countries go for ugly aesthetics when it comes to rifle.
Or its our feather head leaders sitting on the money... making us go for ugly ass rifle ?

Speaking of aesthetics can you honestly say the Tavor is a beauty queen? Honestly!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu11: 9:51am On Jul 04, 2018
I totally forgot! Yesterday was the 30th anniversary of the USN shootdown of Iran Air 655. Some say it was over Iran,others say it was flying an international corridor at 14000 feet. The crew of the US Vincennes somehow misread this A300 as an F14 and fired 2 SM-2MRs killing all 290 aboard.

The government had claimed that the Vincennes was in international waters at the time, that the plane was flying “outside of the prescribed commercial air route” and descending at the “high speed” of 450 knots directly toward the Vincennes, and that the plane’s transponder was squawking a code over a military channel.

In truth, the Vincennes was in Iran’s territorial waters, the plane was ascending through 12,000 feet at 380 knots within the established commercial air route, and its transponder was squawking the plane’s identify over a civilian channel.
[url]https://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/2017/07/03/the-forgotten-us-shootdown-of-iranian-airliner-flight-655%C2%AD/[/url]

Most of you were obviously not around but you can still see the same mentality today. The same disregard for human life and contempt for legalities that causes bloodshed in the ME,via CIA inspired insurrections,drone mass murder and false flag terror attacks. Btw,no apologies or even expressions of regret were offered til 8 years later when the US paid 60 mn$ + to the victims families.

This may have actually stopped the Iran-Iraq war. The Iranians imagine these were the opening moves of a massive ruthless US invasion and quickly got serious over peace with Iraq. Over a month later they signed a peace deal.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu11: 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
ssaengine:

Because South African SF's aren't trying to be "tacti-cool" and Gucci warriors. They use what works for them, not what looks good. But they do of course have/use "nice" looking rifles with all the furniture added.

Speaking of which there's my fav R1 tricked out with a new upper in the hands of one of your SAPS specops!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu11: 1:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
I knew it! That 200 mn$ figure is for 3 C 27 J SPARTANS INCL 5 POLICE AW 139s!

PARIS --- Italy’s Leonardo has signed contracts to deliver three Alenia C-27J Spartan and un undisclosed number of Agusta Westland AW139 helicopters to Kenya, according to Italian and Kenyan press reports.
[url]http://www.defense-aerospace.com/article-view/feature/194420/kenya-orders-three-leonardo-c_27j-transports-and-aw139-helicopters.html
/url]

In fact
Other sources however confirmed the deal, one adding that Kenya’s C-27Js will be the first to be equipped with winglets as well as a new avionics suite. Kenya’s Spartans will be delivered beginning in 2019.

The new C-27J baseline configuration will have the new avionics system, allowing full compliance with new civil aviation regulations (ATC) and military requirements (IFF), as well as other modifications intended to make the aircraft more efficient and less costly to operate.

Excellent news but we still need more LIFT! Ideally at least a half squadron of C 295s,6 in number and a full squadron of M 17s.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
My woman is in Nairobi for her vacation....First time in Kenya...First report i got was that your women have wide hips...lol.....This picture looks like a confirmation.

newafricaken254:
The Cabinet Secretary for Ministry of Defence Amb Raychelle Omamo today received the Kenya Navy Ship Shujaa in Mombasa following the ship's 21-month training voyage & midlife refit programme at the Damen Shipyards in the Kingdom of The Netherlands.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2018
Algerian navy oldies

Romeo submarins . 2 units start service 1982 and 1983

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2018
Shorter than the Super Puma, longer than the Puma. One of a kind Oryx.

Pic by @jarryd305

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2018
Oldies

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2018
More

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Just a quick test-

Are the bottom beautiful or ugly:

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2018
El-Mellah [938] school ship

Yesterday

See the crew on the masts grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
In depth look at the Inkunzi PAW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHbqHx3TLBE
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2018
They're also doing vids in the NTW20 and the Neostrike-20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIU8axpaYi0

patches689:
In depth look at the Inkunzi PAW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHbqHx3TLBE
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2018

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
ssaengine:

First of all, I am not talking about South Africa alone. So dont take it personal. I am talking about the entire Sub-saharan Africa.
And then do u mean those who use "tacticool" gears it doesnt work for them? Anyways, Your second paragraph already contradicts your first...so lets hush that part..

Now the pictures you added.. god damn those are one very sweet rifles there. Pls post more of the rifles. Preferably just only the rifles no soldiers kiss kiss thanks.
Now back to my concern, why cant we mass produce these "tacticools" for regular joes? Why is it only the Spec Ops that gets to use them?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
kikuyu11:

Speaking of aesthetics can you honestly say the Tavor is a beauty queen? Honestly!

Chief are you kidding me right now?
Tavor is one very sweet bitch kiss kiss I love her!!!

But I love them slim and long.. Not short and fat.
In other words, I will always prefer this HK 416 over the fat ass Tavor undecided

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
jln115:

Just a quick test-

Are the bottom beautiful or ugly:

Dope rifles there sir wink
But I prefer the first rifle wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Dope rifles there sir wink
But I prefer the first rifle wink
You prefer the british SA80??

Ok so HK33 is ugly and the SA80 is beautiful......................you are either in to very very ugly women or you are gay grin grin grin grin

SA80 is hideous!!!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
Algerian1:
Off topic .

the temperature these days in the region where I spend my military service ! grin Hot hot

Living under air conditioning
hope you don't get roasted before you are done.

is that temp value in °C or °F

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
kikuyu11:

Thank God we don't have the same queen.......Tavor is ugly as sh1t!!

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
abiodunalasa:

First of all, I am not talking about South Africa alone. So dont take it personal. I am talking about the entire Sub-saharan Africa.
And then do u mean those who use "tacticool" gears it doesnt work for them? Anyways, Your second paragraph already contradicts your first...so lets hush that part..

Now the pictures you added.. god damn those are one very sweet rifles there. Pls post more of the rifles. Preferably just only the rifles no soldiers kiss kiss thanks.
Now back to my concern, why cant we mass produce these "tacticools" for regular joes? Why is it only the Spec Ops that gets to use them?

A fair deal of that gear offers no real advantage in real world conditions. That's why there are forums and forums of debate on the issue. Defence companies have the best markets on the planet.

No contradiction. If a plain R4/R5 does the job in certain situation, no need to trick it out. In other cases a scope might be useful.

And money of course....what tangible benefit are you getting for spending that much on regular troops?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2018

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
Did anyone happen to catch the Army Day Celebration today?

It was live on NTA. If anyone has a link to the YouTube broadcast, kindly post here.

It was an over 4 hours live programme with a couple Nigerian defence companies exhibiting.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:55pm On Jul 04, 2018
RIMPAC Exercise: Why African countries don’t participate

The absence of African navies in the world’s largest maritime exercise is highly symbolic…

As the 2018 edition of the world’s largest (and oldest) multinational naval exercise known as The Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) begins on June 27th, it promises to be spectacular as eighteen land forces, 200 aircrafts of various types, 26,000 personnel with an armada of 52 different ships and submarines drawn from 26 countries cluster in Hawaii and South California to hone their naval age-old seafaring and combat skills.

The Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) exercise is held biennially during the month of June and July and has been running consecutively since its inception in 1971. It is hosted by the United States Navy’s Pacific Fleet which has its headquarters in Pearl Harbor in conjunction with the US Marine and Coast Guard.

https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/07/rimpac-exercise-why-african-countries-dont-participate
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
giles14:
hope you don't get roasted before you are done.

is that temp value in °C or °F

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
Nigerian army bike battalion demonstration

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lebuhsi(m): 9:47pm On Jul 04, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian army bike battalion demonstration
I'm so happy the nigerian army is catching up with asymmetric warfare

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1695) (1696) (1697) (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kaplip(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.