Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1702) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5993348 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) (1704) (1705) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
No but it has been posted here several times.... You can ask jakeporeshenko
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
ssaengine:
And then when you make a valid point based on sound engineering practices, you get ridiculed. People saying nonsense that you're just jealous of Nigeria.

I invite the original poster (he knows who he is)....does he still believe that the Nigeria Air Force can develop a Light Utility Helicopter "soon"?

If this is what they presented, does he still stand behind his comments? Taking into consideration the time & effort of other LUH programs.

lionel4power:

i beg to differ

this i believe is a PROOF OF CONCEPT. (PoC)

Proof of concept (PoC) is a realization of a certain method or idea in order to demonstrate its feasibility, or a demonstration in principle with the aim of verifying that some concept or theory has practical potential. A proof of concept is usually small and may or may not be complete.

now something i observed with the way the Nigerian defense industry works, they take things slowly but at the end they end up getting world class equipment.

lets go back in time a bit.

now who remembers this ugly APC?

Yes it is the Igirigi
Now look at it after so mny attempts..

What about this ugly looking bird?
[img]https://defensenigeria.files./2017/08/2017-08-19-01-46-12.png[/img]

yes the Amebo... now look at it...
worldclass

_______________________________--
Okay lets see the south African attempts at Rooivalk

now look at the result after years of hardwork

what im 'm trying to say is that this Proof of Concept www.nairaland.com/attachments/7373776_6ee9398f993c4786b311d8dc6e80b0ac_jpeg_jpege0292a36560e8ef295e45c7bc1caebfa would end up like this.... pictures attached.

only time will tell.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 11:25pm On Jul 06, 2018
I saw your reaction on the other thread grin grin grin. Maybe you're still a bit too shell shocked to type. I'll wait for an answer in your own words when you have time. If not, it's fine we can leave it. grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 06, 2018
ssaengine:
And then when you make a valid point based on sound engineering practices, you get ridiculed. People saying nonsense that you're just jealous of Nigeria.

I invite the original poster (he knows who he is)....does he still believe that the Nigeria Air Force can develop a Light Utility Helicopter "soon"?

If this is what they presented, does he still stand behind his comments? Taking into consideration the time & effort of other LUH programs.

You shouldn't be shy to call my name, be a man.

Yes, from the post Lionel4power made, i stand 100% solidly behind my comments.

Back in 2014, the South-Africans laughed at the first Igirigi prototype, just 4 years on and many exports later, we are now a very recognized world class armoured vehicle manufacturer.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 06, 2018
ssaengine:
I saw your reaction on the other thread grin grin grin. Maybe you're still a bit too shell shocked to type. I'll wait for an answer in your own words when you have time. If not, it's fine we can leave it. grin
My reaction was just to provide a jovial atmosphere. You must be dreaming, if you are of the illusion that i'm not aware of how the defence industry works.

African defence industry is like my bread and butter to me.

Don't go wetting your pants because of a jovial comment i made.

Yes, we are on course, it is either we build a light utility helicopter or a light scout helicopter.

Most of the avionics used in the Gulma UAV was built in Nigeria. The manpower, industry and tech can be gotten.

We are not going to re-invent the wheel.

Turkey for example makes one of the world's best AH helicopters, an aircraft based mainly on the A-129. The Rooivallk an average AH was built primarily using French technology.

Nothing new here.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 06, 2018
ssaengine:

The early Rooivallk built, looks exactly like that contraption. So what's giving you a high BP?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 11:42pm On Jul 06, 2018
Henry240:

You shouldn't be shy to call my name, be a man.

Yes, from the post Lionel4power made, i stand 100% solidly behind my comments.

Back in 2014, the South-Africans laughed at the first Igirigi prototype, just 4 years on and many exports later, we are now a very recognized world class armoured vehicle manufacturer.

Today you got that solid right hand that brought you back to reality. I don't know why you get so over excited. You see an LCD in an F-7 and then come running with child-like excitement thinking you can now jump to LUH's. Today was the wake up call you needed.

I won't comment on that Igirigi matter & your consistent use of "world class" to seduce yourself, that's fine...deal with it how you need to. But you needed this.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 11:43pm On Jul 06, 2018
Henry240:

The early Rooivallk built, looks exactly like that contraption. So what's giving you a high BP?

Lmaooooooo grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nwoke39: 5:36am On Jul 07, 2018
Covert1:
President of Namibia Hage Geingob following on the heels of Macron of France visits Abuja. He said to his host President Buhari that Namibia will eternally be grateful to Nigeria for its liberation and it's Technical Aid Support.

Why did the Namibian president visit Nigeria?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:03am On Jul 07, 2018
iblawi:
1966 till date South Africa only held that position 3 times and those are the date you quoted. Nigeria on the other hand have held the position 5-6 times. Don't make it look like South Africa is special in that aspect because many African countries have held the position more than South Africa.

Nigeria held that seat 2011 and 2015. That's still less than a decade nothing stops Nigeria from holding it again next year.

Thats not my point. I refuse to buy into the argument that any regional power is more powerfull than any other.

Covert is simply saying Nigeria wrecked South Africa, this is untrue and the UN Security Council seat (and AU endorsement) proves it.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:08am On Jul 07, 2018
Henry240:

My reaction was just to provide a jovial atmosphere. You must be dreaming, if you are of the illusion that i'm not aware of how the defence industry works.

African defence industry is like my bread and butter to me.

Don't go wetting your pants because of a jovial comment i made.

Yes, we are on course, it is either we build a light utility helicopter or a light scout helicopter.

Most of the avionics used in the Gulma UAV was built in Nigeria. The manpower, industry and tech can be gotten.

We are not going to re-invent the wheel.

Turkey for example makes one of the world's best AH helicopters, an aircraft based mainly on the A-129. The Rooivallk an average AH was built primarily using French technology.

Nothing new here.

This is untrue.

We know the Gulma is based on an Isrealy design and equipment.

There is nothing wrong with that, I dont see why you feel the need to pretend otherwise.

As for the Turkish attack helo, it is an A-129. As for the Rooivalk, the design and avionics are completely South African, its the gear-box, engine, and rotor assembly that is French.

Why do you need to pretend things are as they arent? Like holy sh1t bro, its not a competition.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 07, 2018
Nigerian army day celebration

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 7:49am On Jul 07, 2018
patches689:

Thats not my point. I refuse to buy into the argument that any regional power is more powerfull than any other.

Covert is simply saying Nigeria wrecked South Africa, this is untrue and the UN Security Council seat (and AU endorsement) proves it.

Ok
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nwoke37: 7:53am On Jul 07, 2018
I'm excited for Nigeria and indeed Africa... Can't wait to see the type of helicopter that will come out of Nigeria in upcoming years
Is there any other African country developing helicopters?

I know SA has one already
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu2: 9:04am On Jul 07, 2018
Patches689,you said the US either the USAF or USMC IIRC had cost problems running the Spartan. I can't find anything,can you give the links and sources. Thanks!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 9:31am On Jul 07, 2018
kikuyu2:
Patches689,you said the US either the USAF or USMC IIRC had cost problems running the Spartan. I can't find anything,can you give the links and sources. Thanks!

The article in question is quite old, I will try find it.

Unfortunatly John McCain was involved in the story so everything I google with his name just gets me 100,000,000 results about him and trump or some other nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 07, 2018
Henry240:

Except it doesn't look anything like that contraption and was an actual helicopter that could fly.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 07, 2018
jln115:

Except it doesn't look anything like that contraption and was an actual helicopter that could fly.
Yes it does.

The army helicopter can fly.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 10:47am On Jul 07, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Armoured Hilux ?
You got pictures bro?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 07, 2018
Henry240:

Yes it does.

The army helicopter can fly.
This helicopter can fly?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 07, 2018
Meko A200 , algerian navy at Kiel Harbour. This days pic

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 07, 2018
jln115:

This helicopter can fly?
Yes. It's stated in the video.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 07, 2018
Elmellah algerian navy school ship at barcelone spain , this days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctAW2sRgx9Y

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 12:05pm On Jul 07, 2018
Very short clip of SAAF in DRC. 2 x Oryx and 2 x Rooivalk cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq-Y92LZLUY

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 07, 2018
Henry240:

Yes. It's stated in the video.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin yeah and my grandmother is a virgin!...........its stated in the video grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2018
patches689:

The article in question is quite old, I will try find it.

Unfortunatly John McCain was involved in the story so everything I google with his name just gets me 100,000,000 results about him and trump or some other nonsense.

It may be still be useful though this is the latest model with winglets-thanks again!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2018
jln115:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin yeah and my grandmother is a virgin!...........its stated in the video grin grin
Stop being ignorant. Watch the video shared.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nwoke37: 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2018
Henry240:

Stop being ignorant. Watch the video shared.

i heard someone died in the process of making the helicopter... supposedly the army has been researching and working on a prototype for years and they've just released the first.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
Is this the same 155mm shells we are using on the Boko mo'fvckers ?

Henry240
Covert1

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2018
Nigerian soldiers fighting each other 4 water

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efjgg-yoRsY

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by foxtrot101(m): 6:51pm On Jul 07, 2018
https://twitter.com/mikeroach3/status/1015212921071329281?s=21

For anyone interested in finding out more about the f-35 1 trillion dollar project. From the Americans. Quite insightful and hilarious thread at the same time.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2018
South African Special Forces urban training. Love how the first guy on the ladder whips out his sidearm immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvLXaR5T3EQ

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) (1704) (1705) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.