Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,691 members, 7,854,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 11:09 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6022306 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (2851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
MikeCZAR:

1. We don't need them. Firstly look the equipment quantity in battles fought on the continent since WW2.

2. Heaviest battles are brigade sized ones. Beyond that. Deployment of division sized infantry forces for conventional battles is mostly in rebel standards. Where equipment quantity doesn't correlates to troop numbers or should I say there's no hand and glove relationship.

A. A well equipped and trained standardised brigade can send such formations running.

3. I think Scud story should be taken with a pinch of salt. Scud missiles are notorious for being in accurate.

4. The Iskander tactical ballastic missile is what would keep me awake if I heard "The Russian are coming".
there are other strategic target that can be engaged including cities,ports,airport even well dispersed enemy forces can be targeted with multiple independently targetable reentry vehicle which iran has shown its capable to do.its even cheaper to maintain ballistic missiles than a squadron of aircraft .if you believe they are not accurate watch the following video and dont assume by now countries like iran,north korea have not acquired better inertial navigation system from scavenged old soviet missiles on the black market and copied them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78anLlOvLlk
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2015
africaken:
there are other strategic target that can be engaged including cities,ports,airport even well dispersed enemy forces can be targeted with multiple independently targetable reentry vehicle which iran has shown its capable to do.its even cheaper to maintain ballistic missiles than a squadron of aircraft .if you believe they are not accurate watch the following video and dont assume by now countries like iran,north korea have not acquired better inertial navigation system from scavenged old soviet missiles on the black market and copied them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78anLlOvLlk
We don't fight wars at those levels(Division to army sized battles).

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 14, 2015
MikeCZAR:
We don't fight wars at those levels(Division to army sized battles).

that was a headquarter that was being targeted
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2015
africaken:
that was a headquarter that was being targeted

We don't need them now. I'm all for first building respectable militaries with decent structures. Ballistics missile capabilities can come later, besides, the U.S and the west would definetly quack at such a move, and we cant guarantee we now how the sort of relationship with China and Russia that would assure the survivability of the program.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
Henry120:

We don't need them now. I'm all for first building respectable militaries with decent structures. Ballistics missile capabilities can come later, besides, the U.S and the west would definetly quack at such a move, and we cant guarantee we now how the sort of relationship with China and Russia that would assure the survivability of the program.
lets first ask ourselves this question,what sort of air defence systems do most african countries have ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 1:14am On Jun 15, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 15, 2015
kenya army mamba mk5 in somalia

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 15, 2015
africaken:
lets first ask ourselves this question,what sort of air defence systems do most african countries have ?

African countries in SSA do not have proper ADS.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 15, 2015
Nigerian COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 8:53am On Jun 15, 2015
africaken:
Poor. All Sub-saharan countries.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 15, 2015
Former KAF gazelle

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 15, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Poor. All Sub-saharan countries.
i remember back after south sudan independence when sudan was bombing south sudan territory with antonov bombers.i why can't they just buy a soviet era SAM,knowing well how much millions they were making selling crude oil.to this day its claimed sudan is air dropping ammo and weapons inside south sudan territory to machar forces http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/06/02/report-sudan-airdropping-weapons-and-ammunition-to-south-sudan-rebels-over-last/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 11:45am On Jun 15, 2015
africaken:
i remember back after south sudan independence when sudan was bombing south sudan territory with antonov bombers.i why can't they just buy a soviet era SAM,knowing well how much millions they were making selling crude oil.to this day its claimed sudan is air dropping ammo and weapons inside south sudan territory to machar forces http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/06/02/report-sudan-airdropping-weapons-and-ammunition-to-south-sudan-rebels-over-last/
They recently as of last year acquired Chinese MANPADS.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
MikeCZAR:
They recently as of last year acquired Chinese MANPADS.
i believe if they wanted to get a BUK they can

kenyan troops in kismayo

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
Suicide bombers attack police HQ in Chad's capital

Two blasts outside the police headquarters and academy have killed at least 10 people in the capital of Chad, whose forces have been instrumental in fighting armed group Boko Haram in neighbouring Nigeria, police officials have said.
The country's interior minister said at least one suicide bomber attacked the police and intelligence offices in N'Djamena on Monday, with social media reports indicating causalities.
Interior Minister Abderahim Bireme Hamid told the Reuters news agency that security forces had locked down the area but the situation was ongoing.
A police official who spoke on condition of anonymity as he was not authorised to speak to the media said at least 10 people had been killed in that attack, according to the AP news agency.
Security sources told Reuters that death toll is at least 20.
Social media users in the capital said that a number of deaths had been reported and that Boko Haram was suspected of carrying out the attack.
The government convened an emergency meeting following the explosions, an official said on condition of anonymity.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/06/suicide-bombers-attack-police-hq-chad-capital-150615095910055.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 2:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
africaken:
i believe if they wanted to get a BUK they can

kenyan troops in kismayo

Too expensive and sophisticated.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 15, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Too expensive and sophisticated.
how much and give me the link
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2015
#Nigeria Army officers assessing the #Pakistan Heavy Industries Taxila Dragoon Armoured Security Vehicle for PKOs &IS pic.twitter.com/fDkaRyFNbq

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
uganda army weapons

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
A Caucasian and 2 white guys including 1 suspected Briton who when to Somalia via Egypt is among the dead in a botched attack on a military barracks and villages in Lamu county. This come just two days after interior secretary warned of possible attacked by AS seeking to mark the aniversary of Mpeketoni attack that happended in the same area

Guns recovered and bodies being transported to Nairobi for forensics

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2015
more uganda army weapons

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
bidexiii:
#Nigeria Army officers assessing the #Pakistan Heavy
Industries Taxila Dragoon Armoured Security Vehicle for
PKOs &IS pic.twitter.com/fDkaRyFNbq
This is more like it.

I don't why African armies still buy tracked armoured vehicles.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
africaken:
how much and give me the link
Like Citation?

South Sudan can't buy the Buk air defence system. Simply out of their class.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2015
more uganda army weaponry

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2015
MikeCZAR:
This is more like it.

I don't know why african armies still buy tracked armored vehicles ? If I get u right !

But you know a tracked armored vehicle as a greater advantage than wheeled armored vehicle . For wheeled vehicles there tyres are always a soft spot and tracked vehicles are rugged come desert or forest terrain as compared to wheeled vehicles !

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2015
bidexiii:
#Nigeria Army officers assessing the #Pakistan Heavy
Industries Taxila Dragoon Armoured Security Vehicle for
PKOs &IS pic.twitter.com/fDkaRyFNbq

Anything below making them right here at home is an exercise in futility.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:14pm On Jun 15, 2015
bidexiii:

I don't know why african armies still buy tracked armored vehicles ? If I get u right !

But you know a tracked armored vehicle as a greater advantage than wheeled armored vehicle . For wheeled vehicles there tyres are always a soft spot and tracked vehicles are rugged come desert or forest terrain as compared to wheeled vehicles !
Tracked vehicles lack mobility.

They are heavily armoured.

Have you read about the "relentless pursuit tactic" which the mercinaries/PMCs used in Nigeria with their trained strike force?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2015
Henry120:

Anything below making them right here at home is an exercise in futility.
Maybe the company was demonstrating them for the Nigerian armed forces.

It is important to keep track of such activities.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2015
MikeCZAR:
This is more like it.

Nigeria has the Niger-Delta, a large swampy and marshy area larger than Belgium and the netherlands combined.

We have an actual, operational need for wheeled vehicles.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Maybe the company was demonstrating them for the Nigerian armed forces.

It is important to keep track of such activities.

It is a demonstration in Pakistan, off-course. My comment was directed at " going further".
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:22pm On Jun 15, 2015
Henry120:

Nigeria has the Niger-Delta, a large swampy and marshy area larger than Belgium and the netherlands combined.

We have an actual, operational need for wheeled vehicles.
Then it would make sense to Nigeria acquiring amphibious like light amphibious tanks and other vehicles of that class.

Tracked vehicles are heavily armoured increasing their weight.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Like Citation?

South Sudan can't buy the Buk air defence system. Simply out of their class.
but its with their class to buy a fleet Mi-17 helicopters and not a weapon system that cost 9 generation BUK -M2 costing 70 million dollars.a country prior to the latest civil was earnings billions of dollars in oil revenue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (2851) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kemicalreact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.