Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,572 members, 7,847,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:58 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1909) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6010084 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1906) (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) (1912) ... (2849) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 04, 2019
KIA KLTV high mobility vehicles used by Senegal or Mali

MINUSMA - Mali

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 04, 2019
jln115:
you sure??

Because the rg35 is pretty dam close..... Looks wise anyway!!
Not sure about the N-35 being damn close, but it's a very good vehicle. The war in Yemen is an attestation to that.

Some mor Hornets

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 04, 2019
Zimbabwe armour

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 04, 2019
Nigerian armour

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 8:21am On Aug 04, 2019
What's a fulani herdsmen? Did the kidnappers have herds of cattle or something or this has taken on an ethnicity of its own grin grin, speaking a certain language doesn't mean they all have same occupation, no? I call them kidnappers
just wondering out loud
Toju200:
From the language they spoke, they are pure Fulani herdsmen no doubt about it, I wouldn’t want to go further than that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 04, 2019
Nigerian troops combating ISWAP

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 04, 2019
Gabon

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 04, 2019
Nigerian Police preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 04, 2019
New Algerian navy ship been built in China

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 04, 2019
Nigerian navy Inshore Patrol Vessel

Private ownership, manned by the Nigerian Navy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 04, 2019
Nigerian and British military training

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 04, 2019
Nigerian army

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 04, 2019
SADF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 04, 2019
SANDF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 04, 2019
SANDF Armour

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 04, 2019
SANDF supporting local police

46 people killed in 2 days in the Cape flats

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 04, 2019

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 04, 2019
Proforce Defence Desert cammo and Army green MRAPs

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 9:33am On Aug 04, 2019
Henry's account seems to have been deactivated.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 04, 2019
All these mass shootings in US recently,With all their sophisticated arsenals,
Ordinary mass shootings,they can't curb embarassed

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 04, 2019
Xbee007:
Henry's account seems to have been deactivated.
What might have happened?

I enjoy his posts, hope he springs up stronger with another moniker..

But either way, the thread must still go on.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 11:06am On Aug 04, 2019
krattoss:

What might have happened?

I enjoy his posts, hope he springs up stronger with another moniker..

But either way, the thread must still go on.
Either he deactivated his account or the mods deleted it. I think it is the former.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:36pm On Aug 04, 2019
jln115:
Wheels are to small and look out of proportion IMO

Here it is with bigger and proportional wheels.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:01pm On Aug 04, 2019
Sizzorkay:
What's a fulani herdsmen? Did the kidnappers have herds of cattle or something or this has taken on an ethnicity of its own grin grin, speaking a certain language doesn't mean they all have same occupation, no? I call them kidnappers
just wondering out loud
grin the matter de tire me at times. Any issue with anybody of funny language like this...na Fulani
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2019
Nice pic
Looks like a 40mm YGL.
Wish we had those back in the day !

Lurker4Long:

Here it is with bigger and proportional wheels.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 4:33pm On Aug 04, 2019
61mech:
Nice pic
Looks like a 40mm YGL.
Wish we had those back in the day !

Apparently, it's the GA-1 without a barrel according to the FB group where I got the pic.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 4:42pm On Aug 04, 2019
The western government of the GNA in Libya has struck Al-Jufra airbase held by Khalifa Haftar's forces of the LNA with a Turkish made armed drone, destroying UAE supplied LNA drones and two il-76 transport aircraft resupplying LNA troops from the UAE/Egypt. The Libyan civil war seems to be going high tech with both sides now preferring drones over fixed wing manned jets.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 4:55pm On Aug 04, 2019
I believe they're mistaken.
The Y3 initially used the same type of recoil absorber for vehicle mounts. There used to be a pick of it somewhere.
The spade grips are Y3. GA-1 has wide grips. Also the 20mm barrel sleeve protrudes past the shock absorbers when the barrel is off.

Lurker4Long:

Apparently, it's the GA-1 without a barrel according to the FB group where I got the pic.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2019
61mech:
I believe they're mistaken.
The Y3 initially used the same type of recoil absorber for vehicle mounts. There used to be a pick of it somewhere.
The spade grips are Y3. GA-1 has wide grips. Also the 20mm barrel sleeve protrudes past the shock absorbers when the barrel is off.

May I invite you to join the group and make the same point here:
https://www./79284870944/?ref=bookmarks

It's one of the better SA defence groups on FB.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 6:08pm On Aug 04, 2019
Odunayaw:
grin the matter de tire me at times. Any issue with anybody of funny language like this...na Fulani

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 8:09pm On Aug 04, 2019
GeneralFarouq:
So are we going to ignore the fact that a disturbingly large chunk of this rampaging bandits are Fulani bororoje?

A friend once narrated his uncle's experience while travelling to Lagos from... Ordinarily, his uncle would travel by air but on that day he decided to travel by road (a decision that ALMOST cost him his life and almost made his little children FATHERLESS). They were almost in Lagos when they were waylaid by gun totting men with fingers on the trigger ready to blow any person's head off. The passengers were all stopped and stripped-searched. All their valuables were seized. The so called bandits pinned an Ak-47 to his (my friend's uncle's) forehead, collected his money, watch and even the certificates in his luggage.

"They were Fulanis," he said.
Just like almost all recent kidnapping incidents in Nigeria, the perpetrator were Fulanis bororoje.

Also, over 90% of kidnapper suspects arrested in recent times by police are Fulani bororoje.
You should see this BBC documentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRADCzmEX6w

I get it that it is not okay to conflate Fulani bororojes with these devilish activities, however the crux of this issue is that there is something going on that is metamorphosing this once "peaceful herdsmen" into armed bandits.

So, our next discussion should be on how:
We can stop these kidnappings.
Fix our borders.
Encourage ranching.
Track the movements of these nomads and possibly integrating them into our societies.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gripenc: 10:00am On Aug 05, 2019
lionel4power:

what unit is the guy on black?

Only saw your question now. It's olive, normal SF.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1906) (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) (1912) ... (2849) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Exnavyboy62 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.