Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2024) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5968747 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2021) (2022) (2023) (2024) (2025) (2026) (2027) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:49pm On Feb 20, 2020
Its quite impressive that the guys [all African SF] I've seen so far are kitted well
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2020
Sizzorkay:
haha, my bad guys, there's always a part of me that find these kind of training videos irritating, I mean , really? Was that dude showing Nigerian soldiers how to handle a rifle? How the fvk are these people supposed to respect us when we need them for something so elementary.
Sure I'm naive about military matters, won't lie, but still, we've have an army for how many fvking decades now? And this is what they are being trained for? By some foreign soldier? damn.
How many times we ever have joint exercise with these people? Without them being in the lead showing our soldiers how to draw map in the sand grin grin
#don'tkillme.
Just irritated
Little research on the scope of Flintlock and you wouldn't have wasted ink.

Kabe1 gave you an insight tho
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2020
NA 707SF Bde

Local Shipbuilding: Tug Ugwu @ 2016

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2020
kabe1:

What I agree is a soldier from Austria, Poland or Canada should not be instructing troops in this flintlock exercise. I don't see what they bring to the table, in most cases the African troops are far more experienced than they are.

What do we have over Jagdkommando, Polish JW Grom or Canada's JTF2. Are you for real?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:28pm On Feb 20, 2020
Odunayaw:
What do we have over Jagdkommando, Polish JW Grom or Canada's JTF2. Are you for real?
We have Navy SBS, Army SF, Air Force SF with nearly 10 years progressive experience in combating terrorism on the land and the sea, and in intense combat environment. We should be training those people bros. Only the Americans and Brits have more than Nigeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:37pm On Feb 20, 2020
kabe1:

We have Navy SBS, Army SF, Air Force SF with nearly 10 years progressive experience in combating terrorism on the land and the sea, and in intense combat environment. We should be training those people bros. Only the Americans and Brits have more than Nigeria.
I disagree. You do not know the pedigree of these guys at all. The same Grom that Delta Force applauded in WoT (Afghan/Iraq). Highly rated among ISAF or JTF2 that has a sniper with longest range kill.
These are lazy examples tho but those guys have what to teach us in tactics in other spectrums.
Fine they may not be accustomed to the African theatre but there's a whole spectrum of Special warfare these guys have done well and more than us.

Luckily the guys at the front are humble.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:01pm On Feb 20, 2020
Odunayaw:
I disagree. You do not know the pedigree of these guys at all. The same Grom that Delta Force applauded in WoT (Afghan/Iraq). Highly rated among ISAF or JTF2 that has a sniper with longest range kill.
These are lazy examples tho but those guys have what to teach us in tactics in other spectrums.
Fine they may not be accustomed to the African theatre but there's a whole spectrum of Special warfare these guys have done well and more than us.

Luckily the guys at the front are humble.

No offence Sir, there is nothing Canada, Austria and Poland can teach Nigeria in COIN warfare. This is the fact. We have more experience than them, fought in more intense battles and have carried out missions all over west africa single handedly . Those guys depend most entirely on America and Britain.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2020
kabe1:

No offence Sir, there is nothing Canada, Austria and Poland can teach Nigeria in COIN warfare. This is the fact. We have more experience than them, fought in more intense battles and have carried out missions all over west africa single handedly . Those guys depend most entirely on America and Britain.
What experience. We're talking about SF that fought a more sophisticated COIN in Afghan/Iraq. You compare BH to Taliban/ISIS?
What intense battles? Which do you know of that you might like to share. What missions all over West Africa! Must you exaggerate!

Fine they depend on said countries for Tech and share tactics but there's no dependence in a firefight. These guys are held in high esteem by US and UK.

There are few things these countries' SF can teach us! It was not to far in the past our SBS learnt better techniques in CQC/CQB from this same ones.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2020
Odunayaw:
What experience. We're talking about SF that fought a more sophisticated COIN in Afghan/Iraq. You compare BH to Taliban/ISIS?
What intense battles? Which do you know of that you might like to share. What missions all over West Africa! Must you exaggerate!

Fine they depend on said countries for Tech and share tactics but there's no dependence in a firefight. These guys are held in high esteem by US and UK.

There are few things these countries' SF can teach us! It was not to far in the past our SBS learnt better techniques in CQC/CQB from this same ones.
Bros let's agree to disagree.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:46pm On Feb 20, 2020
kabe1:
Bros let's agree to disagree.
Best thing
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2020
Good thing the ink is free.
Looking forward to more training of experienced Nigerian soldiers by 22yr old white boys. Cant wait grin grin
Odunayaw:
Little research on the scope of Flintlock and you wouldn't have wasted ink.

Kabe1 gave you an insight tho
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2020
kabe1:

Don't play with the GROM... we no be mate bro.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:36pm On Feb 20, 2020
lionel4power:

Don't play with the GROM... we no be mate bro.
Where's the proof to show they are successful. Doing Gucci photoshoots is not a sign of success bros.

Nigerian SBS has proven battle success from the creeks to the desert to Gambia, Chad.

Countries that depend on America for their security, those are the countries Nigeria should learn from? Some of you guys are funny.

As far as SF are concerned, Nigeria, South-Africa, Zimbabwe have proven records of success enough to dwarf many of these European countries.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 8:37pm On Feb 20, 2020
Some guys are funny, you see a soldier with bunch of gear and big gun, automatically we no be mate, based on what? What exploits have they carried out that you can tell us about?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:47pm On Feb 20, 2020
Sizzorkay:
Some guys are funny, you see a soldier with bunch of gear in big gun, automatically we no be mate, based on what? What exploits have they carried out that you can tell us about?

Google is friendly to everybody mate.

Also, they've been existing before your country decided to create any sort of 'special force' unit.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:48pm On Feb 20, 2020
lionel4power:

Also, they've been existing before your country decided to create any sort of 'special force' unit.

Bros, don't tell us they have been existing. Giving the current terrorism challenge, what have they achieved, that's the question, not google is friendly.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2020
kabe1:

Bros, don't tell us they have been existing. Giving the current terrorism challenge, what have they achieved, that's the question, not google is friendly.
If you don't already know the exploit of the GROM, from Afganistan to Iraq then you don't need to be here.
You think Taliban is Boko Haram?
Or Saddam Hussein is Shekau?

HAHAHA
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:59pm On Feb 20, 2020
lionel4power:

If you don't already know the exploit of the GROM, from Afganistan to Iraq then you don't need to be here.
You think Taliban is Boko Haram?
Or Saddam Hussein is Shekau?

HAHAHA

Bros, this is embarrassing.

I thought you are smarter than this.

I said sight verifiable instances?

So it was Grom that killed Saddam Hussein?

What tactics have been employed by the Taliban that Boko-Haram has not used?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Juchii(m): 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:26pm On Feb 20, 2020
kabe1:

Bros, this is embarrassing.

I thought you are smarter than this.

I said sight verifiable instances?

So it was Grom that killed Saddam Hussein?

What tactics have been employed by the Taliban that Boko-Haram has not used?
For starters, JV GROM Personnels ROUTINELY FIGHT ALONGSIDE THE U.S NAVY SEALS AND BRITISH SAS.

how many times has the Nigerian SF (OF ANY TYPE) fought actively with any major country's S.F in another country except theirs?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 9:27pm On Feb 20, 2020
Could care less, how much about them do you know, it's a simple thing now. So they've been deployed, what was the basis of that deployment? Since you have the vids of their operation and got the briefing, perhaps you can tell us. grin
Not saying they aren't bad arse, they all are, my point is, not gonna put down our own just because some other guys are well kitted, then all of a sudden you know all about them.
okay, not here to argue though. More pics
lionel4power:

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:34pm On Feb 20, 2020
Sizzorkay:
Could care less, how much about them do you know, it's a simple thing now. So they've been deployed, what was the basis of that deployment? Since you have the vids of their operation and got the briefing, perhaps you can tell us. grin
Not saying they aren't bad arse, they all are, my point is, not gonna put down our own just because some other guys are well kitted, then all of a sudden you know all about them.
okay, not here to argue though. More pics

By brother, not everything is actually an argument, neither is anybody trying to put somebody down.

But to compare Nigerian SF (WHICH WAS CREATED YESTERDAY) with a globally recognized unit created in the 90s... come on... its a no-brainer.

these guys actually put the 'special' in special force. if you get my direction hahahah

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:36pm On Feb 20, 2020
lionel4power:

For starters, JV GROM Personnels ROUTINELY FIGHT ALONGSIDE THE U.S NAVY SEALS AND BRITISH SAS.

how many times has the Nigerian SF (OF ANY TYPE) fought actively with any major country's S.F in another country except theirs?

You don't seem to understand English bros.

I'm asking you what has GROM achieved in COIN that the Nigerian Navy SBS hasn't achieved.

You're telling me they go on operations with US Navy seals. Your comments makes no sense.

I'll like to leave this discussion at that, as despite numerous calls for evidence you've not shown any proof that GROM has any operational experience higher than Nigerian navy SBS.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:38pm On Feb 20, 2020
Sizzorkay:
Good thing the ink is free.
Looking forward to more training of experienced Nigerian soldiers by 22yr old white boys. Cant wait grin grin
How do you know they're 22yr olds
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:46pm On Feb 20, 2020
kabe1:

You don't seem to understand English bros.

I'm asking you what has GROM achieved in COIN that the Nigerian Navy SBS hasn't achieved.

You're telling me they go on operations with US Navy seals. Your comments makes no sense.

I'll like to leave this discussion at that, as despite numerous calls for evidence you've not shown any proof that GROM has any operational experience higher than Nigerian navy SBS.

hell with you?

You keep asking me for proof... And i told you Google is your friend.

Here your proof. Goto Google.com

TYPE JV GROM

then come thank me.

Good bye
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2020
Luckily E-warriors are not the ones at Flintlock. grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 10:12pm On Feb 20, 2020
I know right? luckily grin grin
Coz i'd do things different, but since i have no interest in being in the military, it's a moot point

Odunayaw:
Luckily E-warriors are not the ones at Flintlock. grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:12am On Feb 21, 2020
Operational combat experience need not always translate into operational best practices .

Hence the scope to learn the best practices whenever possible , from whoever is always desirable.

Believe when I say the 80% capabilities of a truly effective SF at par with global top dogs lies with the enabling systems / resources / infra in support of the same. Almost all of them are classified but who knows one might get a sneak peek during training exchanges.

Sometimes there might be cases where the training exchanges are just for show or don't yield anything substantial . But that is a exception rather than a norm

World is all about quid pro quo

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 8:15am On Feb 21, 2020
kabe1:

why not invite Israel?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 21, 2020
New GLADIUS German Future Soldier System used by algerian SF units

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 21, 2020
At

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2020
Algerian army is testing the armara T-14

Russia testing its most advanced T-14 Armata tank in the Algerian testing field

The T-14 Armata is a Russian new-generation main battle tank (MBT), developed by Russian company Uralvagonzavod (UVZ) was officially unveiled for the first time during the Moscow Victory Day Parade in May 2015, and as we all know It still under tests , but some trustable resources said that it may be in Algeria for more tests ( testing fire control systems and other features ) in the Algerian testing field ” hasy bahbah ”

The Russian army plans to induct 2,300 Armata main battle tanks by 2020, and Russian agency of news ( Taas ) said earlier that Algeria and India will be the first client for this tank and that’s reasonable because Algeria cancelled earlier the delivery of T-90MS …

Source : https://fighterjetsworld.com/weekly-article/russia-testing-its-most-advanced-tank-t-14-armata-in-the-algerian-testing-field-hasy-bahbah/492/?fbclid=IwAR2YSGdhokrqScMV-EXOKaL9Xwty1Phd8n5LMiC69vyHB4ThXmYY0Wu2aE0

(1) (2) (3) ... (2021) (2022) (2023) (2024) (2025) (2026) (2027) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.