Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2027) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5985658 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2024) (2025) (2026) (2027) (2028) (2029) (2030) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kemicalreact: 8:53pm On Feb 24, 2020
kabe1:

This is redundant. Nigerian has a lot of modular refineries which are privately owned.

Nigeria also has the world's largest refinery, with a capacity to refine 650,000 barrels per day.
Largest? grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:00pm On Feb 24, 2020
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kemicalreact: 9:12pm On Feb 24, 2020
kabe1:

Watch this interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5hYsdVbW2E
Last time I checked, the refinery is not operational yet right?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 24, 2020
kabe1:

Nigeria also has the world's largest refinery, with a capacity to refine 650,000 barrels per day.

FYI the largest refinery in the world has the capacity to process 1.24 million barrels of crude oil per day.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by theenchanter: 9:34pm On Feb 24, 2020
kabe1:

This is redundant. Nigerian has a lot of modular refineries which are privately owned.

Ten modular refineries set for production in Niger Delta

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/ten-modular-refineries-set-for-production-in-ndelta/amp/

not the largest refinery but the largest single-train refinery in the world.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2020
kemicalreact:
Last time I checked, the refinery is not operational yet right?

Last I checked the Petrochemical plant has been fired up.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:48pm On Feb 24, 2020
nemesis8u:

FYI the largest refinery in the world has the capacity to process 1.24 million barrels of crude oil per day.

Someone below has corrected me. It's the world's largest single train refinery.

There are also more than 15 modular refineries operating in Nigeria.

So the usually parroted claim that Nigeria hasn't invested in refineries is actually a lie.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:48pm On Feb 24, 2020
theenchanter:
not the largest refinery but the largest single-train refinery in the world.

That's correct. Thanks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kemicalreact: 9:54pm On Feb 24, 2020
kabe1:

Last I checked the Petrochemical plant has been fired up.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 24, 2020
kabe1:

Someone below has corrected me. It's the world's largest single train refinery.

There are also more than 15 modular refineries operating in Nigeria.

So the usually parroted claim that Nigeria hasn't invested in refineries is actually a lie.

I didn't contradict anything else you said except for the largest refinery claim hence I quoted the specific portion only.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:59pm On Feb 24, 2020
kemicalreact:

The point is, that we've made so much progress that we can have an argument of having the largest single train refinery in the world.

This argument makes the video and claims made by Tinfoil to be obsolete.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:01pm On Feb 24, 2020
nemesis8u:

I didn't contradict anything else you said except for the largest refinery claim.

I'm saying I was corrected on that by someone here.

I'm also saying that there is evidence to show that the claims made by Tinfoil are false.

As there is evidence to the contrary.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 24, 2020
kabe1:

I'm saying I was corrected on that by someone here.

I'm also saying that there is evidence to show that the claims made by Tinfoil are false.

As there is evidence to the contrary.

Ok
I thought you misunderstood me

Anyways
The company who executed the Jamnagar refinery project are the one who are building the dangote refinery. They are the primary vendor.

Nigerian crude oil is one the best ones available , it is called bonny or something like that. Less hassle to refine .
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:17pm On Feb 24, 2020
nemesis8u:

Ok

Anyways
The company who executed the Jamnagar refinery project are the one who are building the dangote refinery. They are the primary vendor.

Nigerian crude oil is one the best ones available , it is called bonny or something like that. Less hassle to refine .

Bonny light crude.

Let's forget crude oil and talk military tactics.

Are you following the conflict in Idlib province, Syria?

Can cruise missiles be used in close air support? Or are they essentially designed to hit fixed targets because of their slow speed?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2020
nemesis8u:

Ok

Anyways

You don't know the impact of that refinery on the economy of Nigeria.

You'll be hard pressed to find a single Nigerian company carrying out oil services that is not providing some sort of service to that refinery.

The impact of large scale projects on the economy of a country cannot be underestimated.

I heard there are 45,000 Indians and 30,000 Chinese working on that site, with over 300,000 Nigerians working also.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 24, 2020
kabe1:

You'll be hard pressed to find a single Nigerian company carrying out oil services that is not providing some sort of service to that refinery.

The impact of large scale projects on the economy of a country cannot be underestimated.

I heard there are 45,000 Indians and 30,000 Chinese working on that site, with over 300,000 Nigerians working also.

Are baba why quote me

I said nothing about Nigerian oil industry because I don't know nothing about it.

All I said was to correct the wrong info about the largest refinery in the world and in the above post about bonny crude being the best crude.

Pls forgive me grin

I will not quote your post again grin

The situation is same as during a fire fight between police and robbers , the bystander got shot grin

You should have made this post to Tinfoil wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
nemesis8u:

Are baba why quote me

I said nothing about Nigerian oil industry because I don't know nothing about it.

All I said was to correct the wrong info about the largest refinery in the world and in the above post about bonny crude being the best crude.

Pls forgive me grin

I will not quote your post again grin

The situation is same as during a fire fight between police and robbers , the bystander got shot grin

You should have made this to Tinfoil wink

I'm just mentioning something of interest to the general discussion. From what I know. I worked on the site as a welder.

Please don't be naive.

The internet is not your life, or anybody's for that matter.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 24, 2020
kabe1:

Bonny light crude.

Let's forget crude oil and talk military tactics.

Are you following the conflict in Idlib province, Syria?

Can cruise missiles be used in close air support? Or are they essentially designed to hit fixed targets because of their slow speed?

Syrian conflict , not particularly

Yes depending how good your missiles are
Can they recieve real time updates mid course , or during terminal phase , do they have re-targeting capacity

do you have assets to take in live feeds and relay the same real time to your missiles

do you have the situational awareness that is realtime battlefield picture

If yes then possible , otherwise you will have hits and misses and possibly blue on blue engagements.

Cruise missiles can hit moving targets , depends on the onboard sensors , IIR / MMW sensor will allow to search track and hit the same.

Otherwise with INS+GPS / DASMAC / TERCOM it is only possible to hit fixed targets only
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Juchii(m): 11:00pm On Feb 24, 2020
kabe1:

We know grin grin grin grin grin you forgot to include 50,000 Americans working there as cleaners

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 12:47am On Feb 25, 2020
Thank you everyone who corrected me. I assumed whoever made the video had done research and knew what they were talking about. Sorry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 4:58am On Feb 25, 2020
Tinfoil:
Thank you everyone who corrected me. I assumed whoever made the video had done research and knew what they were talking about. Sorry

It's probably a old video from old research. The refinery is already 75% completed from the data released early this year.

https://theoilbloc.com/dangote-refinery-is-75-complete-otedola-reveals/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 7:35am On Feb 25, 2020
nemesis8u:

Ok

Anyways

Bonny Light

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 7:42am On Feb 25, 2020
nemesis8u:

Ok

Anyways

isn't is Sinoma, a chinese company?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
MiddleDimension:
isn't is Sinoma, a chinese company?

Engineers India Ltd ( EIL )
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
nemesis8u:

Engineers India Ltd ( EIL )
i have been there, done interview there. anyway, i think there are various contractors handling different things over there.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
Z
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by theenchanter: 4:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
nemesis8u:
Z
we can start over again.

A. smiley

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 5:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
theenchanter:
we can start over again.

A. smiley
that's enough to grin back to pics pls anyone with new photos of SDB3 or any indigenous hardware Ezugwu, KARADUWA, Andonni,ARA tsaigumi UAV any pls..I've searched and couldn't find..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nigeria to take delivery of JF-17 Thunder aircraft.

Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, Chief of Air Staff of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF), confirmed on 15 February that the air force will receive an unspecified number of JF-17 Thunder multirole fighter aircraft in November 2020. The aircraft are constructed by China’s Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) alongside the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC).

Abubakar also noted that negotiations to procure Embraer A-29 Super Tucanos are ongoing, with an undisclosed number expected to enter into service with the NAF by 2022.

The new NAF aircraft are expected to be used in COIN operations. Nigeria faces security threats from armed bandit groups as well as the Islamist terror group Boko Haram, which has waged a decade-long insurgency in the north of the country.

Abubakar confirmed that the NAF’s aircraft serviceability rate has increased from 35% in July 2015 to 82% by February 2020.

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/air-warfare/nigeria-take-delivery-jf-17-thunder-jets/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 7:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
Massive setbacks for ISWAP, leadership rift and a marked increase in agressive action by NAF, targeting numerous key leaders in the last weeks. Dynamics are shifting substantially.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
OPERATIONAL VISIT: CAS ASSURES GOV BELLO OF NAF’S CONTINUED SUPPORT AS HE INSPECTS FACILITIES AT MINNA AIRPORT, NAF BASE MINNA

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, has assured the Niger State Governor, Alhaji Abubakar Sani Bello, of the commitment of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) to ensuring the safety and security of the people of Niger State, working in concert with sister Services and other security agencies. The CAS made this known today, 25 February 2020, when he called on the Governor at Government House Minna as part of his Operational Visit to Niger State, which was aimed at assessing facilities emplaced at the Minna Airport to enable the effective conduct of the ongoing anti-banditry air operation code-named “Operation GAMA AIKI”. While, in Minna, the CAS also inspected facilities at the 013 Quick Response Group (013 QRG) NAF Base Minna, including the Base Medical Centre as well as the disused G-222 aircraft provided as a mock-up for anti-aircraft hijacking training, amongst others, where he mentioned that 2 sets of NAF personnel, who had earlier been trained in anti-aircraft hijacking, would soon be reassembled to replicate the training locally in Minna.

Speaking during the courtesy call, Air Marshal Abubakar disclosed that the NAF would continue to work alongside other security agencies to bring succour to troubled communities in Niger State. He stated that he had assessed facilities in the NAF Base, preparatory to the deployment of additional Regiment and Special Forces (SF) personnel to support operations in the State, whilst assuring that the air assets already deployed, including the helicopters and Alpha Jet aircraft, would continue to provide support to the Army and Police. The CAS equally disclosed that, as part of efforts of the Service to alleviate the plight of those affected by the activities of armed bandits, he had directed that a medical outreach be conducted to cater for the healthcare needs of the Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) at Kuta in Shiroro Local Government Area (LGA). Air Marshal Abubakar ended his remarks by thanking the Government and people of Niger State for their continued support to the NAF.

In his response, Governor Bello, while noting that the State had gone through a very challenging period, expressed his satisfaction with the arrangements emplaced by the NAF. He therefore thanked the CAS for the tremendous support provided by the deployment of air assets to add value to the Internal Security Operations in the State, especially the most vulnerable areas bordering Zamfara, Kebbi and Kaduna States. He also commended the CAS for approving the conduct of the medical outreach to Kuta, more so that the NAF had carried out a similar outreach at Chukuba and Kwaki Communities of Shiroro LGA in June 2019.

The CAS, who was accompanied on the visit by the NAF Chief of Training and Operations NAF, Air Vice Marshal (AVM) James Gwani, the Air Secretary NAF, AVM Mahmoud Ahmed, and the Director of Logistics, AVM Ademola Durotoye, amongst other senior officers, had earlier received briefings from the Commander 013 QRG and the Air Component Commander Operation GAMA AIKI, which were held behind closed doors. The CAS and his team have since returned to Abuja.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:15pm On Feb 25, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (2024) (2025) (2026) (2027) (2028) (2029) (2030) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.