Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5967938 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2116) (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kemicalreact: 5:16am On May 16, 2020
AskiaHarem:

Your highly ignorant of the hidden supernatural like power Naija Forces secretly possess. grin As soon as word gets out of Nigerian Jets bombing Nato member bases Trump, Macron, and Boris Johnson will be dialing up Buhari begging for a Ceasefire and Peace Treaty. grin
That Buhari picture got me grin grin. But that won't be the look on his face when shit hits the fan grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 6:18am On May 16, 2020
Sighs

The kind of comments I read on this thread nowadays makes Augustine of yore look like a saint. My brain cells are literally aching.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:27am On May 16, 2020
pacretus:
guy stop this your meme, it's grossly irritating. this thread is older than most username here, yet some wanna destroy it with low IQ and ignorance.
Some of us visit this thread to cool our brain from the days stress only to find annoying posts, qoutes and comments. Jeez!!

No one is destroying the thread. It's a military thread and sometimes, it needs stimulating discussion.

If you don't enjoy the discussions, then step aside. You can use iced water to cool your head, not this thread.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:03am On May 16, 2020
Sizzorkay:
Hahaha, i know right? Imagine that? Nigeria firing the first shot against the US? like in what reality does these people live in?
When the US is done with us, we will be back throwing spears lol. Don't wish for bad thing grin grin
When they are done with us, we will all become hunter gatherers lol, without shoes or cities to speak of

You guys always blurt things, smh.

The NAF needs 1squadron of deep strike jets, because we are surrounded by foreign military bases. We need that capability to be prepared in case of eventualities. This point is valid.

Our arguing friend involved aircraft carriers, 500,000 troops and NATO as reasons why we should not equip our NAF with the strike jets. That is what brought argument. Imagine undecided

I swear, the quality of people here is a cause for concern.

If the N-Koreans and Iranians had this mentality, they would have surrended their country to the dictates of US and NATO. But rather, they have adapted to the threats they face and developed.

Yes, US is very powerful but the defeatist thinking is not manly. And even expressing such views on a public forum is shameless and undignifying. I am still wondering the kinds of people here.

People like those cannot become Leaders, because when leaders give up, followers are corpses.

Nonsense. ...Because of aircraft carrier and NATO, we should not buy deep strike jets... Arrant nonsense.

We should but 200 jets instead. Smh.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 8:01am On May 16, 2020
NuclearBomber:

No one is destroying the thread. It's a military thread and sometimes, it needs stimulating discussion.

If you don't enjoy the discussions, then step aside. You can use iced water to cool your head, not this thread.
The thread strictly says photos only and videos. Too much unnecessary discussions lead to derailment.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:08am On May 16, 2020
Xbee007:

The thread strictly says photos only and videos. Too much unnecessary discussions lead to derailment.

True ... but tell that to your arguing friends wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mekussa(m): 8:14am On May 16, 2020
pacretus:
guy stop this your meme, it's grossly irritating. this thread is older than most username here, yet some wanna destroy it with low IQ and ignorance.
Some of us visit this thread to cool our brain from the days stress only to find annoying posts, qoutes and comments. Jeez!!

If you MISS ALL THE SARCASM staring you in the face from his posts, Sorry bro, you really need to cool down

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:37am On May 16, 2020
mekussa:

If you MISS ALL THE SARCASM staring you in the face from his posts, Sorry bro, you really need to cool down
Sarcasm no problem, bloody memes every now and then, it's a brain irritant.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:42am On May 16, 2020
NuclearBomber:

You guys always blurt things, smh.

The NAF needs 1squadron of deep strike jets, because we are surrounded by foreign military bases. We need that capability to be prepared in case of eventualities. This point is valid.

Our arguing friend involved aircraft carriers, 500,000 troops and NATO as reasons why we should not equip our NAF with the strike jets. That is what brought argument. Imagine undecided

I swear, the quality of people here is a cause for concern.

If the N-Koreans and Iranians had this mentality, they would have surrended their country to the dictates of US and NATO. But rather, they have adapted to the threats they face and developed.

Yes, US is very powerful but the defeatist thinking is not manly. And even expressing such views on a public forum is shameless and undignifying. I am still wondering the kinds of people here.

People like those cannot become Leaders, because when leaders give up, followers are corpses.

Nonsense. ...Because of aircraft carrier and NATO, we should not buy deep strike jets... Arrant nonsense.

We should but 200 jets instead. Smh.

You: We should get deep strike jets
Everyone: Why?
You: Well, France is around
Everyone: So what will the deep strike jets do about that?
You: We can blow their bases
Everyone: Well, they'd respond (with friends) overwhelmingly and Nigeria can't match that
You: (going ape shit) bbbbuutt howitzers and deep strike jets & nationalism
Everyone: *facepalm*

12 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:20am On May 16, 2020
Kabe2:
Construction of SA Navy's Hydrographic Research Survey Vessel.

Today saw the erection of the H2A bow of the vessel.

A first for South Africa and the continent, the vessel would not only provide detailed mapping of the ocean floor and better geographical data for vessels such as submarines but would also have massive civilian benefits.

The guys at Southern African Shipyards are making good progress.
More photos and videos here:

https://www.facebook.com/SouthernAfricanShipyards/

Pic: the current hydrographic vessel, SAS Protea.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kabe2: 10:28am On May 16, 2020
Lurker4Long:

The guys at Southern African Shipyards are making good progress.
More photos and videos here:

https://www.facebook.com/SouthernAfricanShipyards/

Pic: the current hydrographic vessel, SAS Protea.

I didn't think South-Africa had the capacity to build such big ships locally.

The current boat looks very old. How old is she?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 10:37am On May 16, 2020
Kabe2:

oh yes they do..
SAS Drakenburg was built by them in SA
Their replenishment ship
Around 120meters long and can carry Two helicopters.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:40am On May 16, 2020
Kabe2:

We've had that capability for decades.

SAS Protea will be 48 years old in precisely a week from now!

Pic 1: SAS Drakensberg, largest ship ever built in Africa

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 10:41am On May 16, 2020
pacretus:
Alex got his account deleted for saying something like this. Kindly delete your post before it's too late.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:50am On May 16, 2020
jln115:

Why would you snitch like this bro?

Am sorry. Our mamas are precious. That's a red line for us.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 11:05am On May 16, 2020
The North Koreans and Iranians you mentioned didn't checkmate the threats from the west by bombing the bases around them. They did that by investing in platforms that will make an invasion by the west too costly to be considered as an option by reasonable people. They invested in some of the best air and coastal defense systems. Libya had lots of aircrafts but still got invaded and it's president killed. If we want to do something regarding the French and American bases around us, we will invest in air and costal defense systems as well as missile technology(cruise and ballistic). Majority of the bases around us are air bases, if we get S400, most of them won't be much of a threat. If the French decides to invade by land through the northern borders, we've already denied them air superiority and defending will be easier for us.
Even with all these, we are still no match for them. The defense systems can be destroyed by anti radiation missiles. So if we are serious about doing something regarding that threat, we will have to be spending billions we don't have to keep updating and improving those systems.
If you are serious about having this type of discussion, move it to the discussion thread. I'm sure many people will be glad to reply you there.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 11:28am On May 16, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Our hero Mazi Nnamdi Kanu standing next to a TAM 21P. That heavy machinery there can do alot of damage..

Exactly what is the pic meant to portray?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:34am On May 16, 2020
Russian drone tanks.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 11:40am On May 16, 2020
NuclearBomber:
Thank you for this pic, I have saved it.

Didn't know France had all these in Africa. We need to know what their business with Africa is?

Srsly-did you honestly ask that question for real?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by joshingjosh(m): 11:51am On May 16, 2020
jln115:
With what is NAF going to refuel them with?

NNPC Fuel Tankers grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by joshingjosh(m): 11:56am On May 16, 2020
Iblawi1:

Because we are blacks not Arabs. We have other means grin grin cheesy

Bro you be Edo man grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:59am On May 16, 2020
kikuyu1:

Srsly-did you honestly ask that question for real?

Nah, it was a rhetorical question. I know about them. Tanx.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by joshingjosh(m): 12:11pm On May 16, 2020
Kabe2:

Please do you have videos, NAF is just giving me excess joy these days
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 12:21pm On May 16, 2020
joshingjosh:

Bro you be Edo man grin grin

My brother even in the days of our forefathers, the European came with Dane guns and sold them as slaves. Even the Beni kingdom was not excluded. What will happen when they come with intercontinental ballistic missiles, aircraft carriers, long range missiles, Superior fighter jets, better trained soldiers, etc. Those guys are far ahead of us now than before.

One guy here was talking of using howitzer to fire ships in Atlantic ocean. The guy made me believe we are cursed in this country.

When Nigeria invaded Gambia recently, it was with no action from their military. A whole president of a Nation was removed and the military didn't fire a bullet.

The gap between USA and Nigeria is wider than the gap between Nigeria and Gambia militarily. I wish some of us can just be realistic sometimes.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 12:43pm On May 16, 2020
Iblawi1:

My brother even in the days of our forefathers, the European came with Dane guns and sold them as slaves. Even the Beni kingdom was not excluded. What will happen when they come with intercontinental ballistic missiles, aircraft carriers, long range missiles, Superior fighter jets, better trained soldiers, etc. Those guys are far ahead of us now than before.

One guy here was talking of using howitzer to fire ships in Atlantic ocean. The guy made me believe we are cursed in this country.

When Nigeria invaded Gambia recently, it was with no action from their military. A whole president of a Nation was removed and the military didn't fire a bullet.

The gap between USA and Nigeria is wider than the gap between Nigeria and Gambia militarily. I wish some of us can just be realistic sometimes.

We are not cursed oo, we are just blessed with comedians who are so good they are the jokes themselves.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidex111: 1:22pm On May 16, 2020
NuclearBomber:
Russian drone tanks.

UGV !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 16, 2020
Whyem15:

We are not cursed oo, we are just blessed with comedians who are so good they are the jokes themselves.

Comedians like the poster below. Please read well to appreciate a good comedian.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2116) (2117) (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.