Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5971909 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) (2169) (2170) (2171) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by UltimateDreamer: 6:19am On Jul 11, 2020
how does one chase the wind without encapsulation.
how does one chase the devil without depths.
Build a border.
Outflank the enemy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 11, 2020
lionel4power:
I heard Tunisia is planning on replacing the F-5s..

yes , non official reports talk from years (since 2011) that they will get 14 F16 from US Excess Defense Article program maybe upgraded to block 50/52 + .

have also seen a pic of tunisian ambassador visiting saab gripen factory last year . (pic 3) so there is also non official reports talking about Gripen NG and F18

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 11, 2020
there is smugglers problems on algerian moroccan borders , hudge quantity of moroccan cannabis enter algeria and hudge quantity of algerian fuel , subsidized food product and medicine is smuggled to Morocco.

So Algeria built on borders until now , 700 km trench ( 8 meters width and 11 meters depth) + 100 km wall , morocco built 140 km fencing borders . and there result on smuggling are very positif

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tobiloba2407: 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2020
chkil1:
there is smugglers problems on algerian moroccan borders , hudge quantity of moroccan cannabis enter algeria and hudge quantity of algerian fuel , subsidized food product and medicine is smuggled to Morocco.

So Algeria built on borders until now , 700 km trench ( 8 meters width and 11 meters depth) + 100 km wall , morocco built 140 km fencing borders . and there result on smuggling are very positif

What happens to this wall, when it is blasted by a big IED? The bht wont pass after abi?

The best thing is armed drones and sensors that can pick up breaches.....each time there is a breach send a armed drone to greet them, and a armed attack helicopter .....with backup helicopter mobile troops with long range stabilized weapons

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2020
the last egyptian army exercise near libyan borders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMQihmxAM-I
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

What happens to this wall, when it is blasted by a big IED? The bht wont pass after abi?

The best thing is armed drones and sensors that can pick up breaches.....each time there is a breach send a armed drone to greet them, and a armed attack helicopter .....with backup helicopter mobile troops with long range stabilized weapons

its for smugglers ! algerian army have the total control of its border and monitor them ( patrols , ground radars , IR cameras, UAV ect... )

but even for armed groups trench and walls are effectiv , it will limit a lot their crossing routes , limit the quantity of equipment smuggled ,( they will not move freely with covoy full of weapons ) and to fill a trench of 8 meters width and 11 meters depth or to destroy a wall it take time and increases the chance to be discovered and eliminated . and even if they pass the breach will be investigated and give informations to arrest them

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 3:08pm On Jul 11, 2020
chkil1:

its for smugglers ! algerian army have the total control of its border and monitor them ( patrols , ground radars , IR cameras, UAV ect... )

but even for armed groups trench and walls are effectiv , it will limit a lot their crossing routes , limit the quantity of equipment smuggled ,( they will not move freely with covoy full of weapons ) and to fill a trench of 8 meters width and 11 meters depth or to destroy a wall it take time and increases the chance to be discovered and eliminated . and even if they pass the breach will be investigated and give informations to arrest them
Even with this wall
Smugglers are still rampant in Algeria.
Large caches of weapons are actually still being displayed as captured by the Algerian Armed Forces -meaning that if someone is willing to buy someone is willing to buy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
LTGEN:

Even with this wall
Smugglers are still rampant in Algeria.
Large caches of weapons are actually still being displayed as captured by the Algerian Armed Forces -meaning that if someone is willing to buy someone is willing to buy.

caches of weapons are found in the south desert near malian , niger , libyan borders , no wall , no trenchs , a no mans land . algerian land borders
6343 km , security services are doing a good job to find all this weapons caches

but for moroccan borders , according to security sources , this trenchs and walls were very effectiv to limit smugglers , and drugs activities . specially when the smuggler crossing region is known

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2020
fire fighters , algeria

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 4:53pm On Jul 11, 2020
UltimateDreamer:
armor up
I never thought this day will come.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2020
UltimateDreamer:
armor up
this is how untrained cowards protect themselves. This is how thieves create dubious innovations. This my people is how we fail.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
UltimateDreamer:
THEGREATWAR
what's great about dying every time...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by slimthugchimee2(m): 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
Toju what am I hearing about the missile program how true is it?

God I miss kabe1 kabe

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 8:21pm On Jul 11, 2020
slimthugchimee2:
Toju what am I hearing about the missile program how true is it?

God I miss kabe1 kabe
I think it was discussed here a long time ago.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
Some idiots still don't know to surrender when the SA Police Special Task Force is around!

Gauteng police responded to a hostage situation this morning

Police in the early hours of this morning were alerted to a hostage situation and shooting at the International Pentecost Holiness Church in Zuurbekom.

Since their arrival at the scene around 03h00, police have up to this point arrested about 30 suspects and seized more than 25 firearms.

Five fatalities are confirmed. The scene is still active with SAPS Hostage Negotiators, the TRT, Special Task Force, Air Support and the SANDF on the ground.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BeforeJuly: 8:10am On Jul 12, 2020
Lurker4Long:
Some idiots still don't know to surrender when the SA Police Special Task Force is around!

are these thieves or terrorists?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 11:11am On Jul 12, 2020
BeforeJuly:

are these thieves or terrorists?

Thieves.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
Xbee007:

I think it was discussed here a long time ago.
somewhere in Epe, right?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Abohboy: 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2020
MiddleDimension:

somewhere in Epe, right?

Yeah, they’ve developed missiles to be carried by the tsaigumi drones, Nigeria will be the first country in Africa to develop a missile firing drone.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2020
Abohboy:

Yeah, they’ve developed missiles to be carried by the tsaigumi drones, Nigeria will be the first country in Africa to develop a missile firing drone.
First county in Africa? Are you really sure countries like Egypt, South Africa, Algeria, Tunisia have not done such before?

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:04pm On Jul 12, 2020
Abohboy:

Misinformation..
First of all those Rockets you see in the picture are prototype of a launch system Nigeria is Trying to develop rockets launch systems to launch Satellites from Lagos,some Ukraine officials are assisting, Secondly the missile is Not for tsaigumi UAV but possibly ichoku,and some NAF platforms,and SA is actually the first to Build Missile Firing Drones

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2020
Abohboy:

Nigeria will be the first country in Africa to develop a missile firing drone.

You might want to brush up your Google skills.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2020
Toju200:
Misinformation..
First of all those Rockets you see in the picture are prototype of a launch system Nigeria is Trying to develop rockets launch systems to launch Satellites from Lagos,some Ukraine officials are assisting, Secondly the missile is Not for tsaigumi UAV but possibly ichoku,and some NAF platforms,and SA is actually the first to Build Missile Firing Drones
If this is true, then the originator of that idea must be sacked. There are better things to spend money on. Developing an orbital class rocket requires a great deal of science, money and failures. If the NASDRA wants to get busy, they could develop drones, very small scale guided rockets. Aircraft technology, indigenous avionics, communications. e.t.c. Many little things in the aerospace world are still not obtainable in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:53pm On Jul 12, 2020
Malawi soldiers on patrol in the DRC, with Paramount Marauders.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 12, 2020
Abohboy:

So much ignorance grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jimi24: 10:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
Faithful007:
If this is true, then the originator of that idea must be sacked. There are better things to spend money on. Developing an orbital class rocket requires a great deal of science, money and failures. If the NASDRA wants to get busy, they could develop drones, very small scale guided rockets. Aircraft technology, indigenous avionics, communications. e.t.c. Many little things in the aerospace world are still not obtainable in Nigeria.

You are mixing up rockets and aircraft. The propulsion systems are different, the airframe designs are different. Nigeria Airforce has institutions looking into Airframe designs and some engine work. Rockets are different. Rockets don't breathe air. They carry their own oxidizers.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ken006: 1:21am On Jul 13, 2020
GH army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 1:41am On Jul 13, 2020
Jimi24:

You are mixing up rockets and aircraft. The propulsion systems are different, the airframe designs are different. Nigeria Airforce has institutions looking into Airframe designs and some engine work. Rockets are different. Rockets don't breathe air. They carry their own oxidizers.
Sometimes the level(s) of Ignorance expressed is truly astounding.
It is tough to grasp .

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 3:56am On Jul 13, 2020
Abohboy:

ok
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2020
Jimi24:

And who told you I don't know the difference, I have taken courses in astronautics and aeronautics and I'm telling you from experience that orbital class rockets are difficult to build. I didn't say they are same with aircrafts. They can go into other things for now. Has anybody built aircrafts in Nigeria or is there any aerospace company in Nigeria? Then how will crazy imaginations like this work? Trying to lecture me on jet engines and rockets shows you don't even get what I'm saying. Go and reread my comment.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 8:32am On Jul 13, 2020
Faithful007:
And who told you I don't know the difference, I have taken courses in astronautics and aeronautics and I'm telling you from experience that orbital class rockets are difficult to build. They can go into other things for now. Has anybody built aircrafts in Nigeria or is there any aerospace company in Nigeria? Then how will crazy imaginations like this work? Trying to lecture me on jet engines and rockets shows you don't even get what I'm saying. Go and reread my comment.

China's aerospace industry was non existent in the 50's when they started building rockets
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 8:43am On Jul 13, 2020
MiddleDimension:

China's aerospace industry was non existent in the 50's when they started building rockets
their first orbital class rocket came in 1999. Besides they had money. Money spent on trying to engineer an orbital rocket can be better spent to make short range missiles. Take a look a this. In the aerospace world, astronautics is generally tougher than aeronautics in a sense. If till now, we do not have aircraft overhaul facilities in Nigeria, they why are we jumping to launch spacecraft without a robust industry at all. Even NASA contracts Boeing, atk. Lockheed Martin for help to build its rockets. It's all about the technology and money being available.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) (2169) (2170) (2171) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.