Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,748 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:10 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6039410 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2186) (2187) (2188) (2189) (2190) (2191) (2192) ... (2855) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by FieldMarshall06(m): 11:22am On Sep 29, 2020
youghs:

lol..Bro your blood too dey quickly hot. be calming down small na.

Bro, my blood dey very calm but I speak and write bluntly. I am very very blunt but not angry.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 29, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

You think everyone has the time to convince you, or to update you, or to prove something to you. Without that video, you would have argued till next week. You see green flag, yet you claim its a greek flag. You also see black men on the ship. You never change.

Because you dont know something doesnt make it false. No one owes you explanations or proof.

you should calm down , its only a forum and i'm just asking questions , and sharing a fact ( havnt found a clear pic of nigerian ayam class ships with SSM , and all firing missiles pics noted as nigerian one found are from greek ships ) . any one can google the ships and see himself . and if you dont like questions feel free to just ignore my post wink

here another question for poeple who have time to share knowledge :

whats current surface to surface missiles inventory in service in NN . i have read here in this forum some years ago that the few old missiles used in 80's . 90's were destroid some years ago .

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by FieldMarshall06(m): 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2020
chkil1:

you should calm down , its only a forum and i'm just asking questions , and sharing a fact ( havnt found a clear pic of nigerian ayam class ships with SSM , and all firing missiles pics noted as nigerian one found are from greek ships ) . any one can google the ships and see himself . and if you dont like questions feel free to just ignore my post wink

here another question for poeple who have time to share knowledge :

whats current surface to surface missiles inventory in service in NN . i have read here in this forum some years ago that the few old missiles used in 80's . 90's were destroid some years ago .

I am the one who told you the missiles were destroyed. Yet you still asked about those Exocet missiles yesterday. We have been on this matter in the past, that is the reason I wrote harshly like that.

I am not a fool. I know you and I remember I everything I had said to you here on nairaland. Your attempt to play smart won't work. Bye.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

I am the one who told you the missiles were destroyed. Yet you still asked about those Exocet missiles yesterday. We have been on this matter in the past, that is the reason I wrote harshly like that.

I am not a fool. I know you and I remember I everything I had said to you here on nairaland. Your attempt to play smart won't work. Bye.

nope , havnt argued with you on exocets , SSM . again its a forum take it easy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 12:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
kabe1:

Both sides are suffering heavy losses.

Armenia is threatening to use the Iskander ballistic missile if Turkey intervenes with F-16s.
That's right both sides have suffered heavily. But I think this time azerbaijan has the upper hand as compared to last clashes. Thought they have lost alot for this little strategic gains
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 12:59pm On Sep 29, 2020
giles14:
wonder why the Armenian air force is waiting to deploy it Su-30sm?
I don't think they would cross into azerbaijan airspace due to the presence of s-300pmu2 favorit air defense system. They have 2 batteries near their capital Yarevan. These system has a range between 3- 200km and maximum altitude of 27km so it isn't joke. And I guess these systems are protected by medium and short range air defense. I don't think Armenia would wish to loose any of their 6 su-30sm.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 1:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
fabselad:

I don't think they would cross into azerbaijan airspace due to the presence of s-300pmu2 favorit air defense system. They have 2 batteries near their capital Yarevan. These system has a range between 3- 200km and maximum altitude of 27km so it isn't joke. And I guess these systems are protected by medium and short range air defense. I don't think Armenia would wish to loose any of their 6 su-30sm.
Both ate russian systems, is it not possible that Russians can add some software to SU30 to stop the S300 from locking on to it.....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 3:53pm On Sep 29, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

Both ate russian systems, is it not possible that Russians can add some software to SU30 to stop the S300 from locking on to it.....
I don't think so. I don't think russia can go as far as to place a kill software in the s-300pmu2 systems.
It's a double edge sword. It would décrédibilise russia equipments in the eyes of potential buyers.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 4:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
Armenian soldier recording his own death. This is what NA units deal with routinely in the NE. Seriously war is hell and nothing like you see in the movies.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
mi 171

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
rka1:

That is the NN Flag
saw the pic and it's definitely a Greek flag.... Actually then again it could also be the Nigerian navy flag...

Edit: the sailors s look pretty black as well
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2020
jln115:
saw the pic and it's definitely a Greek flag.... Actually then again it could also be the Nigerian navy flag...

Edit: the sailors s look pretty black as well

Maybe the NN bearing Greek gifts. Beware grin

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2020
shadowprimezero:
Armenian soldier recording his own death. This is what NA units deal with routinely in the NE. Seriously war is hell and nothing like you see in the movies.
Turkish f 16 warplanes shoot down Armenian SU 25 fighter jets says Yerevan.
However Turkey denies claim
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
Combat footage from the ongoing war between Armenia and Azerbaijan.

This was filmed from the Armenian side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sLoXYTaih8
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
shadowprimezero:

Exercises are far, far better than war.

War is no joke.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mysticwarrior(m): 3:29am On Sep 30, 2020
kabe1:

Exercises are far, far better than war.

War is no joke.
one single mistake during war could cripple an entire army, the Germans made a huge mistake by not preparing for the soviet winter during world war 2 and the outcome was colossal.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 30, 2020
some russian rosoboronexport marketting to algerian chief of staff

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:14am On Sep 30, 2020
oba gha to kpe e

Ise!!!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 10:38am On Sep 30, 2020
kabe1:
oba gha to kpe e
Ise!!!
Bro please do you know whether this ipv is armoured or not.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 10:41am On Sep 30, 2020
kabe1:
Combat footage from the ongoing war between Armenia and Azerbaijan.

This was filmed from the Armenian side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sLoXYTaih8

Very raw footage. This shows how much modern conventional warfare has changed with Azeri Bayraktar UCAV's and Heron loitering munitions that the Armenian seem to be able to do nothing about . Also, Azeri artillery seems accurate AF, probably using UAV's for sporting.

This shows how any modern conventional force is useless without good air defences and solid EW capabilities.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2020
youghs:

Bro please do you know whether this ipv is armoured or not.

No bro it is not armoured. It is a Special Forces Vehicle, but we don't know yet if the military will adopt it.

We just have to wait and see.

The army has only taken into service 2 types of military vehicles. Ezugwu mrap and IPV1 from DICON.

While DICON has 5 different types of vehicles.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
shadowprimezero:

Very raw footage. This shows how much modern conventional warfare has changed with Azeri Bayraktar UCAV's and Heron loitering munitions that the Armenian seem to be able to do nothing about . Also, Azeri artillery seems accurate AF, probably using UAV's for sporting.

This shows how any modern conventional force is useless without good air defences and solid EW capabilities.

I think drones have been effective in this conflict. However quite a number of those drones have been shot down.

Azerbaijan has lost considerable number of armour, helicopters and hundreds of soldiers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2020
There's is this very nasty footage of a drone attack on a truck with several Armenian soldiers around. The effect was terrible

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1311264899457261570?s=19

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
Whyem15:
There's is this very nasty footage of a drone attack on a truck with several Armenian soldiers around. The effect was terrible

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1311264899457261570?s=19

UCAVs should be a priority purchase for the Nigerian Air Force. They are devastating. Wow!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
Honestly, if Russia doesn't get involved very soon, Armenia might lose this round. Almost all Armenian frontline air defense systems are destroyed already and the Azerbaijani side are now focusing their drone strikes on reinforcement and resupply routes.
This isn't the first time that the Armenians would be facing Azerbaijan UAVs but the drones being used in this episode are very quiet and almost impossible to detect overhead.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2020
kabe1:

I think drones have been effective in this conflict. However quite a number of those drones have been shot down.

Azerbaijan has lost considerable number of armour, helicopters and hundreds of soldiers.

Oga! lets face it, the Armenians are outmatched. Don't take my word for it, the Azeris dont just put out statements like the Armenians, they release concrete video evidence. I've seen multiple tanks, MLRS, infantry trucks, tunnels, air defenses get taken out. Its no different from Syria or Libya, its a slaughter. Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
kabe1:

The loses are Pretty even, Armenia has also lost 130 tanks and armored vehicles, 25 air defense systems and close to 2k killed and wounded (source is from the Azerbaijani government so might be exaggerated but footages being released are somewhat supporting this.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2020
kabe1:

UCAVs should be a priority purchase for the Nigerian Air Force. They are devastating. Wow!!
The munitions being used on the drone need a direct hit on tanks and artillery to get a kill though. Many of the strikes on tanks are just mobility kills.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:18pm On Sep 30, 2020
shadowprimezero:

Oga! lets face it, the Armenians are outmatched. Don't take my word for it, the Azeris dont just put out statements like the Armenians, they release concrete video evidence. I've seen multiple tanks, MLRS, infantry trucks, tunnels, air defenses get taken out. Its no different from Syria or Libya, its a slaughter. Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/

The Azerbaijani army is suffering unprecedented losses, while their media are hiding a huge number of dead.

https://mobile.twitter.com/spriter99880/status/1311262340961230854

There are multiple videos of huge losses on both sides.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2020
Whyem15:

The loses are r
Pretty even, Armenia has also lost 130 tanks and armored vehicles, 25 air defense systems and close to 2k killed and wounded (source is from the Azerbaijani government so might be exaggerated but footages being released are somewhat supporting this.

True yarn
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:21pm On Sep 30, 2020
Whyem15:

The munitions being used on the drone need a direct hit on tanks and artillery to get a kill though. Many of the strikes on tanks are just mobility kills.

US drones fire hellfire missiles. Simply means heavier munitions can be developed for UCAVs from other countries in no distant future.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2020
kabe1:

The Azerbaijani army is suffering unprecedented losses, while their media are hiding a huge number of dead.

https://mobile.twitter.com/spriter99880/status/1311262340961230854

There are multiple videos of huge losses on both sides.

That video of Azerbaijan drone strike alone is enough.
Watch these video of Azerbaijan artillery shelling Armenia front, God it takes balls to withstand these type of heavy artillery shelling!

https://twitter.com/conflictsw/status/1311274400046604288?s=21

(1) (2) (3) ... (2186) (2187) (2188) (2189) (2190) (2191) (2192) ... (2855) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.