Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5984764 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2270) (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) (2275) (2276) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Geronimoe: 6:29pm On Jan 30, 2021
jln115:
sarcasm? Do you speak it?
Know thyself @jln, it will help you in immeasurable ways.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
Geronimoe:

Know thyself @jln, it will help you in immeasurable ways.
I guess that's a no.........
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Geronimoe: 11:57pm On Jan 30, 2021
jln115:
I guess that's a no.........
Pfft.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:37am On Jan 31, 2021
Nigerian army indirect fire, Mortar application.

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2021
Lurker4Long:
Interesting.
Calls made so far by US President-elect Biden to world leaders:

1) Nov 09 - Canada, Mexico
2) Nov 10 - France, Germany, Ireland, United Kingdom
3) Nov 11 - Australia, Japan, South Korea
4) Nov 12 - The Vatican
5) Nov 13 - Italy
6) Nov 17 - Chile, India, Israel, South Africa

Just as interesting, calls made by new Secretary of State Antony Blinken to his counterparts in his first week on the job:

1) Jan 26 - Canada, Mexico, Japan, South Korea
2) Jan 27 - France, Germany, UK, NATO Secretary-General, Australia, Philippines, Thailand, Israel
3) Jan 28 - Iraq, Afghanistan, EU Commissioner for Foreign Affairs & Security Policy, Italy, Jordan, South Africa
4) Jan 29 - India, Pakistan, AU Commission Chairperson, New Zealand, Sweden, Colombia
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 5:25pm On Feb 01, 2021
and those small Countries like North Korea are creating fear amongst your so called BIG countries...so much for being a pawn...Even on this page were we chat daily most Nigerians support my stand...if u have the time u can do a survey. So much for mental slavery...i'd rather be a North Korea than a Nigerian who would kiss SA arse

Geronimoe:

The day we begin to understand that all these small countries are just pawns in international politics is the day that we emancipate ourselves from mental slavery. You've now become a self appointed spokesman to majority of Nigerians.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Geronimoe: 6:45pm On Feb 01, 2021
kenpaul0:
and those small Countries like North Korea are creating fear amongst your so called BIG countries...so much for being a pawn...Even on this page were we chat daily most Nigerians support my stand...if u have the time u can do a survey. So much for mental slavery[b]...i'd rather be a North Korea [/b]than a Nigerian who would kiss SA arse

ROFL. North Korea is actually a pawn to China. And the only reason it's still existing as a seperate and communist country. My problem is that we sometimes have over an bloated ego and still living in the past. It's a giving that South Africa is more advanced than other African countries because of their past - apartheid (it laid the foundation for their economy and advanced industries but regrettably the current leaders are thoughtless, unthinking and vacuous). But I've digressed a little, the substance of my gist is, what else do you think you've better than SA apart from that we helped them during apartheid.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Geronimoe: 6:46pm On Feb 01, 2021
Geronimoe:

ROFL. North Korea is actually a pawn to China. And the only reason it's still existing as a seperate and communist country. My problem is that we sometimes have an over bloated ego and still living in the past. It's a giving that South Africa is more advanced than other African countries because of their past - apartheid (it laid the foundation for their economy and advanced industries but regrettably the current leaders are thoughtless, unthinking and vacuous-if not cos of apartheid, SA would have been another Lesotho or Mozambique). But I've digressed a little, the substance of my gist is, what else do you think you've better than SA apart from that we helped them during apartheid.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 7:07pm On Feb 01, 2021
You are turning this to a Nigeria vs SA thingy...In my initial post i clearly stated my stand....so indeed you need to stop digressing

[quote author=Geronimoe post=98643922][/quote]

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Geronimoe: 9:10pm On Feb 01, 2021
kenpaul0:
No...But we all are aware of the circumstances that lead to that. As a fellow African Country that supported them through the struggle against apartheid things could have been handled better. They did not have to allow things go South as they did

@kenpaul0, my discourse started with you on my reply to this post you made. It's not a SA v Nig thing, it's just that these wouldn't be happening if not for bad leadership and some fvcktards Nigerians that are criminal. We just brow beat without any substance.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 9:52pm On Feb 01, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Just as interesting, calls made by new Secretary of State Antony Blinken to his counterparts in his first week on the job:

1) Jan 26 - Canada, Mexico, Japan, South Korea
2) Jan 27 - France, Germany, UK, NATO Secretary-General, Australia, Philippines, Thailand, Israel
3) Jan 28 - Iraq, Afghanistan, EU Commissioner for Foreign Affairs & Security Policy, Italy, Jordan, South Africa
4) Jan 29 - India, Pakistan, AU Commission Chairperson, New Zealand, Sweden, Colombia
They didn't Call Nigerian President grin. Hehehe this is going to be a real fun five years...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Geronimoe: 10:21pm On Feb 01, 2021
Salatavor:
They didn't Call Nigerian President grin. Hehehe this is going to be a real fun five years...
Does the call make us an instant first world country or does it mean send me your Acc #. Your gf fit dey call you as per number one but dey still sleep with number 5.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 10:25pm On Feb 01, 2021
Geronimoe:

Does the call make us an instant first world country or does it mean send me your Acc #. Your gf fit dey call you as per number one but dey still sleep with number 5.
I don't even understand this your write up... But relevance brings acceptance... The Nigeria we used to know was relevant... I hope that answers your irrelevant question.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by EricBraven: 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2021
kenpaul0:
and those small Countries like North Korea are creating fear amongst your so called BIG countries...so much for being a pawn...Even on this page were we chat daily most Nigerians support my stand...if u have the time u can do a survey. So much for mental slavery...i'd rather be a North Korea than a Nigerian who would kiss SA arse

A North Korean citizen will joyful and gladly exchange place with you

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Geronimoe: 11:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
Salatavor:
I don't even understand this your write up... But relevance brings acceptance... The Nigeria we used to know was relevant... I hope that answers your irrelevant question.

I initially posted a response to you, but on a second thought I had to delete it since you wrote my question was irrelevant. Keep waiting for that call from the US before you feel relevant and accepted.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 6:18am On Feb 02, 2021
first pic of algerian mig 29 M2 in russia .

a contract for 14 jets was signed in 2019

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 6:37am On Feb 02, 2021
ilyshin 76

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:19am On Feb 02, 2021
Raaven:
ilyshin 76
Our vaccines were transported by an Emirates cargo plane. We really should not have cancelled the A400M deal.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 02, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Our vaccines were transported by an Emirates cargo plane. We really should not have cancelled the A400M deal.
One of the worse decisions the SANDF has ever made......not as bad as Deloitte's army restructure plan!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:15am On Feb 02, 2021
jln115:
One of the worse decisions the SANDF has ever made......not as bad as Deloitte's army restructure plan!!

When one thinks about it, most of the other bad decisions can be traced back to that Deloitte plan. But to be fair to Deloitte (some of my good friends are in management consulting wink), they were working to parameters set by the powers that be.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 02, 2021
Lurker4Long:

When one thinks about it, most of the other bad decisions can be traced back to that Deloitte plan. But to be fair to Deloitte (some of my good friends are in management consulting wink), they were working to parameters set by the powers that be.
My Dad is a director at Deloitte so it's not like I'm biased wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 10:23am On Feb 02, 2021
KDF officers got allocated one block by government's Affordable Housing project. Out of the whole project which seeks to build about 630,000 new affordable housing units across the country by end of this year, members of security services [Police + Army] will be allocated about 62,000 units in total.
A 1 bedroom to a 3 bedroom apartment costs approximately $13,,000 to $32,000USD respectively which you can pay in a span of 20 years.

“We are pleased that our officers will live with their families in more decent houses which are near their places of work. This shall further boost their morale to work due to the good environment they will be living in,” he added.
He noted that although the houses could not be enough for all officers who applied to be allocated the houses, they are confident to get at least 62,000 units when the entire project of 621,523 units is complete.
The houses range from one bed-roomed to three bed-roomed houses costing between one million and four million respectively.
Boniface Ngochi, the Deputy Director State Department of Housing and Planning said the government provided the 7.9 acres parcel of land where 1,370 units were constructed at Park Road.
Mr Ngochi said the payment period is estimated to be at most 20 years or until one retires from civil service, whichever comes first.
“It is the government’s plan to ensure all public lands are put into better use like construction of such affordable houses. The prices are far below the prices one incurs if he buys through a private company.” He added.
Sergeant (Sgt) Lucy Wanja who is one of the beneficiaries could not hide her joy after she was shortlisted for a three bed-roomed house for Sh3.5 million.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:44am On Feb 02, 2021
jln115:
My Dad is a director at Deloitte so it's not like I'm biased wink

grin grin grin

There was a time I used to tell people I interviewed at McKinsey, was offered a job and turned them down. With the shenanigans there, I now emphasise the turning down.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:46am On Feb 02, 2021
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 02, 2021
Lurker4Long:

grin grin grin

There was a time I used to tell people I interviewed at McKinsey, was offered a job and turned them down. With the shenanigans there, I now emphasise the turning down.
Deloitte SA has had a couple of shady moments like the whole Steinhoff saga and more recently with Eskom..

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2021
Application of mobile firepower in a bush warfare environment: Denel Casspir APC and Mamba Weapons Carrier of the Ugandan Army in Somalia.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 8:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
Lurker4Long:

East Africa is proving to be a boon for Katmerciler. First Uganda and now Kenya.
I feel bad for the guys at OTT: their proposal won the technical evaluation, but lost on the financing of the deal. Between the SA government and the private banks, they really need to wake up and realise structuring finance deals for the defence industry is an imperative.
Slightly related ... Turkey (the drone manufacturing company TAI) provided Kenya with the technical knowhow and helped us custom build this drone which we would own under license. So this is probably the beginning of something long-term ...
Add that to the fact that they are basically rebuilding the Somali National Army, they could become a big supplier in E.A in the next decade.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:29pm On Feb 02, 2021
Stargate254:
Slightly related ... Turkey (the drone manufacturing company TAI) provided Kenya with the technical knowhow and helped us custom build this drone which we would own under license. So this is probably the beginning of something long-term ...
Add that to the fact that they are basically rebuilding the Somali National Army, they could become a big supplier in E.A in the next decade.

Fvck I hope not! Kenya as a potential regional power - rivalling Ethiopia - should not be genuflecting to Turkey. You don't need me to point out the geo-strategic implications of such subservience.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:29pm On Feb 02, 2021
Nigerian army LAV

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
NAF HOLDS FLY-OUT PARADE IN HONOUR OF IMMEDIATE PAST CHIEF OF THE AIR STAFF, AIR MARSHAL SADIQUE ABUBAKAR

As part of activities to mark the handing over of the mantle of leadership between the 20th Chief of the Air Staff (CAS) of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) and the 21st CAS, the NAF today, 2 February 2021, held a colourful Fly-Out Parade at the NAF Base in Abuja to honour Air Marshal Sadique Abubarkar (Retired) to mark his final exit from the Service. During the event, the erstwhile CAS urged personnel of the NAF to remain steadfast in the fight to return peace to troubled parts of the country whilst charging them to continue to give their best in service to the Nation.

Speaking further, Air Marshal Abubakar expressed confidence in the abilities of the new CAS, Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Oladayo Amao, to take the NAF to even greater heights. He urged the new CAS to endeavour to sustain the capacity building initiatives that had been emplaced over the last 5 years by his Administration. According to him, “In the last 5 years, we have been able to restructure and reposition the NAF into a highly professional and disciplined force. The NAF flag is today flying high from Agatu to Gembu as well as to Gusau, Katsina, Daura, Owerri, Birnin Gwari, Ipetu-Ijesha, Kerang, Gombe and Bauchi”.

The former CAS added that the current structures would certainly add a lot of value to NAF’s efforts at securing Nigeria and the Nigerian people. He also expressed confidence that, with the imminent arrival of 15 additional aircraft and 8 Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UCAVs), the Service would be better positioned to be more decisive in addressing the security challenges facing the Nation. Air Marshal Abubakar emphasized that the NAF would be able to employ air power more effectively, efficiently and timely in all theatres of operations across the Country.

While recounting some of his achievements, the former CAS highlighted that the Service through capacity building initiatives has trained and winged 133 pilots, who, he said, constitute 49% of all active NAF pilots that are fighting in different theatres of conflicts to secure the Country. He noted that an additional 21 pilots would be completing their training before the end of the First Quarter of 2021 to join their comrades in the fight to defend the territorial integrity and National sovereignty. Air Marshal Abubakar also disclosed that, while in office, he had successfully executed a programme to bridge the gap between force projection and force protection; since, as he said, the Service cannot effectively project air power if it does not have the means to properly protect its bases, air assets and aircrew.

In the area of Research and Development, Air Marshal Abubakar disclosed that the NAF has entered into partnership with 15 Nigerian universities, that, he said, have continued to contribute significantly to addressing some of the NAF’s aircraft maintenance challenges. He expressed satisfaction on exiting the NAF having substantially achieved his set goals. He therefore thanked the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari, members of the National Assembly, particularly the Senate and House Committees on the Air Force, as well as Officers, Airmen and Airwomen of the Service for their support in ensuring that the NAF got elevated to a much higher level than what he met.

Highlight of the ceremony, which featured the review of the parade by the immediate past CAS as the 2 Guards and the Colour Party marched past in slow and quick time, was the flying-out of the former CAS and his wife, Hajiya Hafsat Sadique Abubakar, onboard a NAF Bell 412 Helicopter.

Among the dignitaries at event were the Deputy Chairman House Committee on Air Force, Honourable Abbas Adigun; the Honourable Minister of Defence, Major General Bashir Magashi (Retired); the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Major General Ibrahim Attahiru; as well as the Representatives of the Chief of Defence Staff and the Chief of the Naval Staff. Also present were former Chiefs of Defence and Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Oluseyi Petinrin and AVM Femi John Femi (Retired); the Chief of Defence Intelligence, AVM Mohammed Usman, Director Air Force Ministry of Defence, Mr Ashibel Peter Utsu; the National President of Nigerian Air Force Officers’ Wives Association (NAFOWA), Mrs Elizabeth Olubunmi Amao; as well as Branch Chiefs from Defence Headquarters and HQ NAF; Commandants of Tri-Service and NAF Institutions; Air Officers Commanding of the 6 NAF Commands, along with many other serving and retired senior military officers.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Vice Marshal
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
2 February 2021

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:26pm On Feb 02, 2021

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 1:03pm On Feb 03, 2021
Please can anyone explain the reason NAF didn't go for J10 instead of jf17

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2270) (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) (2275) (2276) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.