Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,643 members, 7,861,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:01 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6031390 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2342) (2343) (2344) (2345) (2346) (2347) (2348) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2021
EricBraven:

And why is that?
See the movie first, then u will understand what I meant.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by RiceProducers: 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ken006:
And also the rehabilitation of fifteen L-39 in storage.

Very useful l, cost effective aircraft L39NG.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lurker4Long:

More pics...

Sweet!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:59pm On Aug 06, 2021
South African pipe hitters in Pemba, Mozambique

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:01pm On Aug 06, 2021
More South African special forces

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 1:16pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lurker4Long:
A Tanzanian Air Force Shaanxi Y-8 in Pemba, Mozambique as Tanzania begins its deployment.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2021
SANDF Special Forces in Mozambique

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2021
kabe1:
More...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lurker4Long:

More...

Whats the name of these vehicles ?

Better pic of them available
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:44pm On Aug 06, 2021
Nemesis4you:

Hornet RDRV. Modular design that allows Personnel carrier, MRLS carrier, Mortar carrier, ATGM carrier and C2 carrier. Loads of pics on the thread.

Edit: can also attach ladders for assaulting buildings for hostage rescue etc. Main gun ranges from 50cal to 20mm cannon.
Oh, can also be dropped by parachute.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2021
Nemesis4you:

Definitely the most important South-African made military vehicle.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Hornet RDRV. Modular design that allows Personnel carrier, MRLS carrier, Mortar carrier, ATGM carrier and C2 carrier. Loads of pics on the thread.

Edit: can also attach ladders for assaulting buildings for hostage rescue etc. Main gun ranges from 50cal to 20mm cannon.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
@nemesis4you

Re pic 1 below: this Mozambique deployment has seen them not towing, but mounting the gun on the back of a reinforced Land Cruiser. CSIR, ours not yours, modified the Criuser.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
QuietMynd:
Anyone watch the movie
"Escape from sobbibor"
After watching the movie, Jews should be the last people on earth to be accused of oppression.
What you watched sir, is probably a Propaganda
Just like the US justifying that bombing Iraq and Afghanistan is for Self Defence & National security
And even extended that shit to Libya...
Nowadays selecting International papers or TV is becoming troubling...can't tell which story is genuine.
Truth is, everyone is the hero of thier own story.. wait till you see the other side.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

What you watched sir, is probably a Propaganda
Just like the US justifying that bombing Iraq and Afghanistan is for Self Defence & National security
And even extended that shit to Libya...
Nowadays selecting International papers or TV is becoming troubling...can't tell which story is genuine.
Truth is everyone is the hero in thier own story.. wait till you see the other side.
Lol, u re actually misunderstanding my post.
I meant the horrible things they go through in sobibor, Poland in the hands of the Nazi.
They should be the last people on earth to be oppressing other people.
It can only be rival with this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GQFk9LRcM4

If u haven't see the movie, I will advice everyone to watch it.
But some scene might be disturbing.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 5:06pm On Aug 06, 2021
kabe1:

First time seeing the SANDF with an AK...... First time seeing an AK with an M-203 grenade launcher. Also, I wonder why none of the guns have optics, most of the R-4's I've seen in SOF hands all have them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2021
QuietMynd:

I meant the horrible things they go through in sobibor, Poland in the hands of the Nazi.

Oh sorry, I will check it up
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
shadowprimezero:

First time seeing the SANDF with an AK...... First time seeing an AK with an M-203 grenade launcher. Also, I wonder why none of the guns have optics, most of the R-4's I've seen in SOF hands all have them.

I have hardly seen South-African special forces on deployment using optics on their rifles.

It is very rare, probably a cost factor.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tochex101(m): 8:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lots of juicy pictures.....I appreciate all the contributors..
Keep it going......

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 8:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
kabe1:

I have hardly seen South-African special forces on deployment using optics on their rifles.

It is very rare, probably a cost factor.

These stock photos and Getty images show authenticity of these pics but the interesting thing is clearly these guys look serious and ready to go. They are obviously heavily armed and the choice of rifles too shows taking no chances. You can see even the armour of the gunner on the heavy is packed with extra mags. This is war and they mean business to redeem their image and prowess. I doubt they will go back without kicking some b.utts.

We might have being too hard though when we talk of Bangui but a lot of it had not much to do with the Special Forces guys on ground who I actually think gave a good account of themselves under duress but the political and military leadership back in Tshwane who sent in guys without the minimal compliment to hold off until help arrived either by elements within the neighborhood or from home something which is still much of the problem faced by the SANDF today as we see with funding. Just hope they won't fail these guys in Mozambique with the adequate assets needed

About the rifle optics I doubt it has anything to do with costs they can afford it. I think it might have more to do with their own special forces doctrine. The key here would be to know the SF units from which these guys are drawn, their training and combat, what other SF units exist in the SANDF to gauge their competence just like we have the NNSBS and their doctrine of warfare, the NAF Panthers and their tactical operational doctrine, the various NA Special Forces units some a bit more discreet.

Generally a special forces operator can be distinguished from the regular soldier by the self confidence of their weapon handling, nothing tense, sort of casual, relaxed albeit alert at the same time able to bring his weapon to bear and hit bulls eye targets with optics or no optics. These guys seem to fit the bill.

Wishing them the best. The more help we get against islamafascists terrorists the better.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2021
My bro didn't antagonize SA and speaks well of the battle of Bangui? shocked
TGIF!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:46pm On Aug 06, 2021
Odunayaw:

TGIF!
I thought my eyes were deceiving me!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 8:52pm On Aug 06, 2021
Odunayaw:

TGIF!

I've been consistent on the tactical response of the South African SF guys in Bangui. And no one at least professionals who takes the death of any soldier in combat lightly. A sad event to see.

Whatever antagonism implied with regard to South Africa and Bangui has been geo-political and strategic in nature which again I have always blamed on President Zuma and the military hierarchy in Pretoria along with those Southies here who refuse to see the light attempting to play it down and with which to this day I still have reservations and I've been clear on that. Those who follow me know what I think of them. I've always maintained South Africa has the SF units and have stood up some battalions in recent times able to do the job when called upon even if not enough.

Anyone who had failed to glean this fact in my posts must have read with bias, ulterior motives or not at all but then ran off to the gallery.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:52pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lurker4Long:

I just have one problem with this design..the ground clearance.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
NTSA:

I just have one problem with this design..the ground clearance.
I agree. They're essentially urban vehicles. They didn't work on the atrocious DRC "roads" and SF ended up using Mamba APCs.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by willybaby(m): 9:16pm On Aug 06, 2021
QuietMynd:

what the Jews suffered in sobibor concentration camp is even enjoyment compared to awitczh camp,run by Himmler himself the mastermind behind the great solution i.e cleansing the Jews of Earth's face..
Anyway thats past history, in modern times, we see the Jews doing what they suffered to others like bombing Gaza to shit, assassination of anyone they term evil and an enemy ask the tens of Iranian scientists murdered i might term them hypocrites but they call it self defense, so sir that's life, it only favours the strong

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:16pm On Aug 06, 2021
Norwegian Navy OPV

I just can't wait till when Nigeria can start building ships like this.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tutudesz: 10:18pm On Aug 06, 2021
kabe1:
Norwegian Navy OPV

Wow shocked what a sight, if our steel mill were working 100% properly we would've achieved more

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 10:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
willybaby:
what the Jews suffered in sobibor concentration camp is even enjoyment compared to awitczh camp,run by Himmler himself the mastermind behind the great solution i.e cleansing the Jews of Earth's face..
Anyway thats past history, in modern times, we see the Jews doing what they suffered to others like bombing Gaza to shit, assassination of anyone they term evil and an enemy ask the tens of Iranian scientists murdered i might term them hypocrites but they call it self defense, so sir that's life, it only favours the strong
U re right?
I was just frowning throughout the movie, when u think u 've seen the worst then bam another one that supercede the previous one surface.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
kabe1:
Norwegian Navy OPV

Will get there ! smiley

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by willybaby(m): 10:54pm On Aug 06, 2021
kabe1:
Norwegian Navy OPV

from SDB 3 to something like this soon future sweet times grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 11:03pm On Aug 06, 2021
kabe1:

How long is the Dry Dock at the Naval Dockyards in Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2342) (2343) (2344) (2345) (2346) (2347) (2348) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.