Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5974463 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2503) (2504) (2505) (2506) (2507) (2508) (2509) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Naijasauce69: 4:38pm On Apr 24, 2022
davefurn:
Check out those missiles strikes, russia really have good missiles engineering tbh

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1518180869575528448?s=20&t=cA_wdz7p04xDLX3YPLdfCA

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1516162537653518337?s=20&t=cA_wdz7p04xDLX3YPLdfCA

This is from a pro-ukrianian channel though. Does Nigeria have all those strategic missile system, does Nigeria have an air defense system?... What kind of air defense system do we have?... Just asking even though we don't really need them.

Nigeria very much does need an Air Defense System as every serious country does. Nigeria is surrounded by enemies wether we want to admit it or not. As for now Nigeria doesn’t really poses one.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2022
Naijasauce69:

Nigeria very much does need an Air Defense System as every serious country does. Nigeria is surrounded by enemies wether we want to admit it or not. As for now Nigeria doesn’t really poses one.
You risk entering into the cycle of just naming machines if you miss the reality of the bolded.

Nigeria needs a system of air defence and it is a multilayered approach of jets, radars and SAMs

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2022
davefurn:
Check out those missiles strikes, russia really have good missiles engineering tbh

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1518180869575528448?s=20&t=cA_wdz7p04xDLX3YPLdfCA

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1516162537653518337?s=20&t=cA_wdz7p04xDLX3YPLdfCA

This is from a pro-ukrianian channel though. Does Nigeria have all those strategic missile system, does Nigeria have an air defense system?... What kind of air defense system do we have?... Just asking even though we don't really need them.

Nigeria does not have strategic missiles.

Nigeria's air defense system consists of 9 F-7NI and 3 units of JF-17 multi role fighter jets.

If you are talking GBADS, Nigeria has a couple obsolete Rowland Air Defense Systems.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2022
Fynline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REEprn7jlPI

The comments section is filled with alot of ignorant comments and hatred and the journalists got some facts wrong.

The level of ignorance in the comments is laughable.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 6:27pm On Apr 24, 2022
Thanks alot for the clearance; really learnt alot grin kabe1,naijasauce67 , supersixseven....... It was very enlightening

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:28pm On Apr 24, 2022
davefurn:

Hmm, we really need good air defense systems..... Concerning those ukraine operation, haven't seen any video evidence; Normally the videos would have been circulating everywhere by western media

While it is true that we need good air defense systems, the best air defense we require is dependable political support.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:52pm On Apr 24, 2022
Odunayaw:
You risk entering into the cycle of just naming machines if you miss the reality of the bolded.

Nigeria needs a system of air defence and it is a multilayered approach of jets, radars and SAMs
Louder, for those at the back!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Naijasauce69: 9:29pm On Apr 24, 2022
Odunayaw:

Lurker4Long:

I know what I said and my original statement remains the same. Nigeria needs a descent multilayered Air Defense System. Considering Nigeria’s political and economic situation expecting to much or the most modern isn’t realistic but I consider this the bare minimum.

A more sophisticated radar array network straddling Nigeria’s land and sea borders; preferably of Russian origin to better link with what comes next. About a dozen S300 units and at least 4 Squadrons of JF-17 Thunder Block 2s. A healthy amount of portable infantry surface to air missile launchers like Stingers, Javelins, QWs, etc would be sprinkles on top.

Now obviously that want stop the most powerful nations around the globe but it will be a good deterrent for almost everyone else not to mention a good start for future improvement.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:41pm On Apr 24, 2022
Lurker4Long:

Don't dare mention it, some people would be hurt that the "Giant of Whatever" has an air defence worse than Botswana's..... grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:02pm On Apr 24, 2022
In other news, this is Botswana's air defence.... a simple country with the population of a small city grin

Not the giant of whatever, but look they have a functional air defence missile system. Unlike some country that we know that could be air rap#d by Chad grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mekussa(m): 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
GreenandGold:
In other news, this is Botswana's air defence.... a simple country with the population of a small city grin

Not the giant of whatever, but look they have a functional air defence missile system. Unlike some country that we know that could be air rap#d by Chad grin grin grin

You just had to rub it in, didn't you?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:38pm On Apr 24, 2022
GreenandGold:

Don't dare mention it, some people would be hurt that the "Giant of Whatever" has an air defence worse than Botswana's..... grin
Did you fail as a comedian before?

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 1:11am On Apr 25, 2022
GreenandGold:

What Odunayaw said is applicable to everyone. People here fixate on the toys (s300, Patriot etc) and overlook systems.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 1:55am On Apr 25, 2022
Still baffles me how God will just put alot of like minded people in a single geographical area.
They say everybody can't reason and think thesame way but these guys always seems to break that law.
Twitter is an eye opener to me.
I've been studying that area for a long time on Twitter and YouTube, they all seems to think, reason and behave thesame way, which is weird.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ibrahimanees: 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2022
QuietMynd:
Still baffles me how God will just put alot of like minded people in a single geographical area.
I think you got this downside up bro, when people live in the same geographical location they tend to be like minded. grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2022
kenya general service officer (GSU)

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 7:25pm On Apr 25, 2022
For any African brave enough and needs money you can join LPR or DNR. They are currently recruiting

Russian can be got through Greece. But it would be best to have a trans African oil pipeline from north to south and west to east
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2022
GSU officers on patrol

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Naijasauce69: 8:21pm On Apr 25, 2022
Some interesting maps floating around.

1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TabletMan: 10:51pm On Apr 25, 2022
Tinfoil:
For any African brave enough and needs money you can join LPR or DNR. They are currently recruiting

Russian can be got through Greece. But it would be best to have a trans African oil pipeline from north to south and west to east
The first two pictures is Russia reservists from Tver region who can't afford proper military footwear.

The two last are from DNR troops who can't afford a sizeable military cloth grin grin and they're with their war loots.

How can you be seriously advising your fellow African man to go there and make money when people doing recruitment can't even afford a proper military wears for their available soldiers undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithti(m): 11:40pm On Apr 25, 2022
"wearing there war loots" lolz

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:19am On Apr 26, 2022
Nigeria is getting new Simbad-RC system for naval air defence which fires the Mistral short-range anti-air missile.

https://www.military.africa/2022/04/nigeria-reinforce-naval-air-defence-with-new-simbad-rc-system/amp

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 10:50am On Apr 26, 2022
TabletMan:
The first two pictures is Russia reservists from Tver region who can't afford proper military footwear.

The two last are from DNR troops who can't afford a sizeable military cloth grin grin and they're with their war loots.

How can you be seriously advising your fellow African man to go there and make money when people doing recruitment can't even afford a proper military wears for their available soldiers undecided undecided

Russian army contracts end traditionally in April and many Russian contract soldiers deployed to Ukraine will not renew their contracts and drop out. Since there is no mobilization announced the RU MOD can not fill (officially) those gabs with conscript soldiers. This is the reason they have to take in a growing number of retried soldiers from very poor regions from the far-east as cannon-fudder and Wagner PMCs like this two guys from Central African Republic killed in Donbas.

1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TabletMan: 1:50pm On Apr 26, 2022
SuperSixSeven:

Russian army contracts end traditionally in April and many Russian contract soldiers deployed to Ukraine will not renew their contracts and drop out. Since there is no mobilization announced the RU MOD can not fill (officially) those gabs with conscript soldiers. This is the reason they have to take in a growing number of retried soldiers from very poor regions from the far-east as cannon-fudder and Wagner PMCs like this two guys from Central African Republic killed in Donbas.

So we have some Africans in Wagner PMC?
That means Wagner might be the biggest PMC because of their engagement in different parts of the world.

I still don't know the need for canon fudders, please care to explain because I believe in quality than quantity.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Naijasauce69: 2:06pm On Apr 26, 2022
TabletMan:
So we have some Africans in Wagner PMC?
That means Wagner might be the biggest PMC because of their engagement in different parts of the world.

I still don't know the need for canon fudders, please care to explain because I believe in quality than quantity.

While the enemy is distracted and or bogged down with the Canon fodder; overwhelm them with the quality troopers.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Naijasauce69: 2:09pm On Apr 26, 2022
Some interesting maps floating around.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TabletMan: 2:24pm On Apr 26, 2022
Naijasauce69:

While the enemy is distracted and or bogged down with the Canon fodder; overwhelm them with the quality troopers.
But Canon fodders usually made up the infantry troops who are to work with artillery men, Tanks and other heavy equipments.
When those who are not battle strong received a boom, they will run and leave those professional equipment handlers at the mercy of enemy's ATGMS and firepower.

This above is just my reasoning... That's why I decided to ask the need for them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Naijasauce69: 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2022
TabletMan:
But Canon fodders usually made up the infantry troops who are to work with artillery men, Tanks and other heavy equipments.
When those who are not battle strong received a boom, they will run and leave those professional equipment handlers at the mercy of enemy's ATGMS and firepower.

This above is just my reasoning... That's why I decided to ask the need for them.

When people refer to Canon Fodder they mean cheap expendable infantry. Not all infantry units are treated equally in situations like this.

The old Colonial Powers often used there colonial troops in such a way. I believe even in the early 2000s there was a fallout between Italian and Nigerian peacekeepers in Sudan or Somalia where the former tried to use the latter in a similar way to canon fodder.

I can’t find the article but I believe they wanted the Nigerian infantrymen to openly engage the enemy without cover drawing all there fire while the Italian infantry picked off the insurgents from a distance. Of course the African troops suffered more casualties. It was something like that my memory is fuzzy I’m sure someone will correct me. grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TabletMan: 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2022
Naijasauce69:

When people refer to Canon Fodder they mean cheap expendable infantry. Not all infantry units are treated equally in situations like this.

The old Colonial Powers often used there colonial troops in such a way. I believe even in the early 2000s there was a fallout between Italian and Nigerian peacekeepers in Sudan or Somalia where the former tried to use the latter in a similar way to canon fodder.

I can’t find the article but I believe they wanted the Nigerians to openly engage the enemy without cover drawing all there fire while the Italians picked of the insurgents from a distance. It was something like that my memory is fuzzy. grin

Ok now I understands better.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 11:03pm On Apr 26, 2022
TabletMan:

Russians died all over Africa in the fight against colonialism, the us supported the apartheid sa, it's time for Africa to return the favor
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithti(m): 12:55am On Apr 27, 2022
Haven't heard of one that died for my country (Nigeria) so they should fight there battle

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2503) (2504) (2505) (2506) (2507) (2508) (2509) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.