Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,625 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2525) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5995292 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2522) (2523) (2524) (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 11:49am On May 15, 2022
Lurker4Long:
Fachfouch, kikuyu1, I shall be in Addis Ababa for a day, then a week each in Nairobi, Tunis, Cairo in September. Set diaries and care to meet?

Most DEFINITELY! Thing is I'm currently in Msa researching a potential project- EVERYTHING looks good so far and while I can't give firm timelines ATM I may be permanently based here.
Can't say much now but opportunities to scale up are H-U-G-E provided you why you get in FIRST on the ground floor and start off the right foot.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 11:56am On May 15, 2022
The Nigerian army troops of Operation Hadin Kai have reportedly bombed a convoy of Abubakar Sarki, a Commander of Boko Haram in Sambisa forest, killing uncomfirmed numbers of terrorists.

Zagazola Makama understand that the offenssive was coordinated by the General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Nigerian Army and Commander Sector 1 North East Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK), Maj Gen Waidi Shaibu on Saturday May 14 2022, at Yuwe location, within the Konduga Local Government Area of Borno State.

The Army deployed a massive artillery gun after sighting 8 moving convoys conveying Abubakar Sarki and uncomfirmed numbers of fighters in a devastating hits.

The sources said that intelligence information has it that Abubakar Sarki and his team were heading toward Abu-Ubaida's camp to engaged its rival fighters from the Islamic State of the West African Province(ISWAP), in a battle of supremacy.

A ground assessment confirmed that 3 guntrucks with all its occupants were completely destroyed, while the remaining 5 vehicles including Abubakar Sarki escaped.

The sources added that the terrorists, however, aborted the mission and evacuated the dead and wounded fighters towards the axis between Pulka and Banki.

The sources said that the troops were mandated to go after the fleeing terrorists and eliminate them completely.

Zagazola reports that the infighting between the two terrorists groups had intensified with the ISWAP hunting Boko Haram during the day time while the Boko Haram are coordinating reprisal attacks at night because of their knowledge of the terrain.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 12:04pm On May 15, 2022
I started out wanting pics of the entire AK series and quickly realised everyone and their auntie on all 7 continents is building their own version for various national armies, militias, terrorists and their proxies,car jackers, cattle rustlers and other criminal elements. Since I don't have at least 3 days to do this ishyt here are the main variants!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:20pm On May 15, 2022
Multinational Joint Task Force

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 12:37pm On May 15, 2022
kabe1:
Multinational Joint Task Force
Chad no dey disappoint grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:46pm On May 15, 2022
Toju200:
Chad no dey disappoint grin

The real Toyota army.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 2:01pm On May 15, 2022
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/15/war-enabling-not-war-winning-how-are-drones-affecting-the-ukraine-war

The article is Super fun with details of instances where drones were used
For full read, use the link
War-enabling, not war-winning’: how are drones affecting the Ukraine war?
Analysis: Ukraine is enjoying a lot of propaganda success with its Turkish-designed TB2s, as Russia plays catchup

Russia-Ukraine war: latest updates
A Bayraktar TB2 drone flying in Istanbul, Turkey.
01:00
Use of Bayraktar TB2 drone strikes documented in Ukrainian propaganda videos – video
Dan Sabbagh Defence and security editor
Sun 15 May 2022 08.00 BST
Shot after shot pounded into the Russian missile battery hidden by the lighthouse on Snake Island, a Black Sea rock 22 miles (35km) from the Ukrainian coast. The edited video, released by the Ukrainian military, showed the strike and its aftermath – all taken from a Turkish-designed Bayraktar TB2 drone.

Until then, evidence of the TB2 – a remotely piloted killer drone with a range of up to 190 miles – had largely disappeared from the conflict. The assumption was that the two dozen or so that Ukraine had bought from Turkey had been shot down and Ankara, not wanting to upset Russia, had declined to supply more.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 2:58pm On May 15, 2022
NTSA:

It's not about the reactions or being ordered by the West or East...it's about having legal obligations arising from our signature to the Rome statute that established the ICC.

Let's not derail the thread..

Don't respond to EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING! A lot of the ishyt posted here is either BET Comedy Special material or printed outtakes from the Short Bus Brigade!
Imagine that Genius once said a Tuc can take out an F5....WTF !?

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 4:33pm On May 15, 2022
GreenandGold:
An example of using weird fighting doctrines. The Russians didn't bother concealing their arty. It seems like no one teaches "counter artillery" in Mother Russia. The Ukrainians took them out with their artillery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MR9ea3w2I

Attached picture; South Africans with concealed G5 arty pounding FAPLA/MK/PLAN/Cuban positions. For weeks, Cubans looked for the artillery positions scatted in the bushes with recon aircrafts but could not find it.

That's how artillery is done
That was then tho, can't work in these times with the advancement in tech nd sensors.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 5:07pm On May 15, 2022
QuietMynd:

That was then tho, can't work in these times with the advancement in tech nd sensors.

Actually, this is when you should conceal your artillery the most.

2nd, you don't attack an enemy that has artillery with your short-range arty like what Russia is doing because counter-artillery is a b#tch.

3rd, if you can't conceal then you should use self-propelled to change position after firing a few rounds.

Those are on the 1st page of Artillery School 101

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:42pm On May 15, 2022
GreenandGold:

Actually, this is when you should conceal your artillery the most.

2nd, you don't attack an enemy that has artillery with your short-range arty like what Russia is doing because counter-artillery is a b#tch.

3rd, if you can't conceal then you should use self-propelled to change position after firing a few rounds.

Those are on the 1st page of Artillery School 101

grin grin grin

This is a funny comment.

So what is happening here?

We are all talk from the back of our keyboards like some military experts, with the limited information we all have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh_far4lRU8

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 5:50pm On May 15, 2022
kabe1:

grin grin grin

This is a funny comment.

So what is happening here?

We are all talk from the back of our keyboards like some military experts, with the limited information we all have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh_far4lRU8

Russia donated those to South Africa in the 80s... They left them on the field as usual grin grin

So are we military expects? There's a reason why the best fighters in the continent live in the South. War strategies are built-in cool

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 6:00pm On May 15, 2022
GreenandGold:

Russia donated those to South Africa in the 80s... They left them on the field as usual grin grin

So are we military expects? There's a reason why the best fighters in the continent live in the South. War strategies are built-in cool
Wow, enlighten us about the war you had with Russia; I'm kinda learning here too. How did it go, What caused it?, How did it end....... Browsing on it, not seeing anything credible here, just Russia-Ukraine . I will love to hear the full story or any links to it

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:08pm On May 15, 2022
GreenandGold:

It's hard to say what is fact and what is fabricated in this war in Ukraine, as is the case in many wars across the world. Credit to the Ukrainians for defeating the Russian army in Kharkiv city, although fighting continues in Kharkiv Oblast. However in other areas of the front lines, the Ukrainians are doing poorly, Poposna, Liman, severdonesk, Snake Island etc etc

With regards to shoot and scoot , the video I shared shows the Russians shoot and scoot, however have you seen the number of commercial off the shelf drones in this conflict?

With regards to your last paragraph, let's not drag this thread through an avoidable nastiness. cool cool

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:11pm On May 15, 2022
davefurn:

Wow, enlighten us about the war you had with Russia; I'm kinda learning here too. How did it go, What caused it?, How did it end....... Browsing on it, not seeing anything credible here, just Russia-Ukraine . I will love to hear the full story or any links to it

He's referring to the Angolan Bush war which resulted in the fall of Apartheid and the Independence of Namibia.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:24pm On May 15, 2022
davefurn:

Here's a short animated video to get you up to speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDX5e6S8E58

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 6:26pm On May 15, 2022
kabe1:

Here's a short animated video to get you up to speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDX5e6S8E58
Alright, thanks fam; I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:36pm On May 15, 2022
Both sides aren't winining .
https:///BNAThEZTh6

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:48pm On May 15, 2022
NTSA:
Both sides aren't winining .

The Russian army has not done well in Ukraine.

Irrespective of the territorial gains of the Russian army, Ukraine still has an air force flying, complete with MIG-29s, SU-25's, SU-24s, MI-17s, UCAVs and MI-24 Attack helicopters.

That's a failure for Russia after 82 days of war.

The Russians have also been dealt defeat in Kharkiv city, that's another embarrassment for the Russian army.

The amount of armour the Russians have also lost is incredible, I don't trust the calculations of "Onyx" on Twitter as he shows bias towards the Ukrainians and cannot claim to be impartial in his count, but nonetheless Russian armour loses have been high.

If the Russians don't take Odessa, Kharkiv and the east of Ukraine, this military operation in Ukraine would be considered a defeat.

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:59pm On May 15, 2022
kdf ranger regiment.
They are also at times involved in counter-terror operations inside the country.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 7:06pm On May 15, 2022
kabe1:

The Russian army has not done well in Ukraine.

Irrespective of the territorial gains of the Russian army, Ukraine still has an air force flying, complete with MIG-29s, SU-25's, SU-24s, MI-17s, UCAVs and MI-24 Attack helicopters.

That's a failure for Russia after 82 days of war.

The Russians have also been dealt defeat in Kharkiv city, that's another embarrassment for the Russian army.

The amount of armour the Russians have also lost is incredible, I don't trust the calculations of "Onyx" on Twitter as he shows bias towards the Ukrainians and cannot claim to be impartial in his count, but nonetheless Russian armour loses have been high.

If the Russians don't take Odessa, Kharkiv and the east of Ukraine, this military operation in Ukraine would be considered a defeat.
There are also reports that Putin is preparing for a long war ...either way the myth of Russian military superiority is long dead.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:19pm On May 15, 2022
NTSA:

There are also reports that Putin is preparing for a long war ...either way the myth of Russian military superiority is long dead.

I don't think Russian military superiority is dead, I think the Russians would need to reorganize, and invest in ISR capabilities, UAS and UCAVs.

Compared to the Russian invasion of Georgia, the Russians are better armed and prepared, however the Ukrainians, unlike the Georgians, have had 8 years to fortify their defences, and the quality of their personnel.

From an African perspective, the war in Ukraine, and Ukrainian military experience should give us guidelines on how to fight a super power.

The Ukrainians were spending 8 billion a year on defence for the last 8 years, and they have an advanced defence industry.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Zorya: 7:26pm On May 15, 2022
GreenandGold:
An example of using weird fighting doctrines. The Russians didn't bother concealing their arty. It seems like no one teaches "counter artillery" in Mother Russia. The Ukrainians took them out with their artillery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MR9ea3w2I

Attached picture; South Africans with concealed G5 arty pounding FAPLA/MK/PLAN/Cuban positions. For weeks, Cubans looked for the artillery positions scatted in the bushes with recon aircrafts but could not find it.

That's how artillery is done
Brings us back to this.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 7:53pm On May 15, 2022
kabe1:

I don't think Russian military superiority is dead, I think the Russians would need to reorganize, and invest in ISR capabilities, UAS and UCAVs.

Compared to the Russian invasion of Georgia, the Russians are better armed and prepared, however the Ukrainians, unlike the Georgians, have had 8 years to fortify their defences, and the quality of their personnel.

From an African perspective, the war in Ukraine, and Ukrainian military experience should give us guidelines on how to fight a super power.

The Ukrainians were spending 8 billion a year on defence for the last 8 years, and they have an advanced defence industry.
No lesson from Ukraine can prepare any African Country (especially West Africa) for a future war against a Super power . Why
1. The Russians are careful with destruction because of public opinion and the fact that they have sympathizers amongst Ukrainians.
2. The war is in Europe, against whites Europeans, that why there is UN, EU outcry. Take a look at Palestine. Where is human right in all these, a journalist Shireen Abu Akleh shot dead by Isreali' forces, still the condemnation in is not loud.
3. In a war with Africa, just like we saw in Syria Iraq and Afghanistan, there is no regard for anything not Europe white. As mush as I hate to say this, No super power would hold back on using their deadliest weapons on Blacks (Racism)
4. The use of Media- Well they have control of these so how (like Ukraine) would we seek sympathy across the world to condemn their fellow govt.

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 7:56pm On May 15, 2022
kabe1:

Russian fieldcraft and tactics are still wanting .

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:56pm On May 15, 2022
davefurn:

Here's a brief of the whole story;

- South Africa declares war on Germany at the beginning of WW1 (1914).
- The Germans who had colonised Namibia were not happy and decided to do a brief invasion of South Africa.
- South Africa invades Namibia, defeats the Germans and decides to keep the country as her new colony.
- The local people were not happy with the SA rule.
- During the African wars of independence, the Portuguese fell, left Angola and the Namibians (and ANC Fighters) saw this as an opportunity to use Angola as a base for guerilla warfare against SA infrastructure and territorial armed forces in Namibia.
- The South Africans decided to go into Angola to capture the capital and give it to UNITA, which were non-communist freedom fighters
- The Angolan communist freedom fighters called on Cubans to help them stop SA before the capital was captured and they did.
- So for over a decade SA would go into the country to attack Namibian freedom fighters, the Cubans decided to get involved again, this time they would be killed.
- SA decided to fund the non-communist Angolan gurrilleas to keep the Namibians out the country
- So, the Soviets were brought in to help, Soviet equipment (MiG, tanks, Hinds, and APCs) to get rid of the SA funded guerrillas
- The South Africans brought in tanks, APCs, IFVs and all the gear and conventional war began.
- The Soviets/Cubans failed in their military objective and went to the international community to say "the Apartheid military was in Angola" .
- Everyone hated Apartheid so they forced SA to leave, SA said they were going would leave if the Cubans/Russians left as well and a communists were not going to be anywere close to the SA bordes, and the Namibians should go to elections and win there.. a deal was signed. Everyone went home.

END OF WAR

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 8:41pm On May 15, 2022
GreenandGold:

Here's a brief of the whole story;

- South Africa declares war on Germany at the beginning of WW1 (1914)
- The Germans who had colonised Namibia were not happy and decided to do a brief invasion of South Africa
- South Africa invades Namibia, defeats the Germans and decides to keep the country as her new colony
- The local people were not happy with the SA rule.
- During the African wars of independence, the Portuguese fell, left Angola and the Namibians (and ANC Fighters) saw this as an opportunity to use Angola as a base for guerilla warfare against infrastructure and SA armed forces in Namibia.
- The South Africans decided to go into Angola to capture the capital and give it to UNITA, which were non-communist freedom fighters
- The Angolan communist freedom fighters called on Cubans to help them stop SA before the capital was captured and they did.
- So for over a decade SA would go into the country to attack Namibian freedom fighters, the Cubans decided to get involved again, this time they would be killed.
- SA decided to fund the non-communist Angolan gurrilleas to keep the Namibians out the country
- So, the Soviets were brought in to help, Soviet equipment (MiG, tanks, Hinds, and APCs) to get rid of the SA funded guerrillas
- The South Africans brought in tanks, APCs, IFVs and all the gear and conventional war began.
- The Soviets/Cubans failed in their military objective and went to the international community to say "the Apartheid military was in Angola" .
- Everyone hated Apartheid so they forced SA to leave, SA said they were going would leave if the Cubans/Russians left as well and a communists were not going to be anywere close to the SA bordes, and the Namibians should go to elections and win there.. a deal was signed. Everyone went home.

END OF WAR
Hmmm... Very different from the YouTube vid but wow!!!!!!!....

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 8:46pm On May 15, 2022
NTSA:

Russian fieldcraft and tactics are still wanting .
This isn't Syria or Georgia or Afghanistan..... It's their people, have a long ancestry; 10% of Russians has a heritage or relation in Ukraine.... You don't just go killing anyhow without remorse, the best option was to call the scheme a "special operation" and tag "Nazi". When Russia failure started was in its PR; starlink was a game-changer!!!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:02pm On May 15, 2022
davefurn:

Hmmm... Very different from the YouTube vid but wow!!!!!!!....

Don't mind him, the last parts of his contribution is wrong.

The Soviet backed forces defeated Apartheid South-Africa, a communist government took over in Angola, the Namibians gained independence from Apartheid South-Africa, and the Apartheid government fell.

How it is they want to claim a defeat as victory continues to amaze me.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:19pm On May 15, 2022
Apparently PO has received Close Protection Detail (CPD) and a Body Man from the DSS. See the Pin lappel on agents suit jacket. There's also been storm DSS troopers on one of his state tours for delegates in the coming primary. The police are now also in the thick of it with the Mopol. Also observed a team of SpecOps from the Air Force Panthers or Army SOFs not exactly sure always traveling with him now probably the work of Military Intelligence can't be sure though. Normally the man travels with no security a little concerning for wider security.

Is this some sort of proactive response or the powers that be in Abuja and or the elite political forces in Nigeria see the pendulum.

At this stage it is unlikely the Peter Obi campaign would have put in for official Secret Service protection considering his unassuming personality and character but who knows with a wise political handler like Dr. Doyin Okupe in his entourage a man whose political skills has helped install three presidents in Nigeria.

Permutations of a potential future president and the implications for Nigeria's military

To quote the man and referencing the West: "Security is a continuous investment" PO

Now that kind of thinking on security, I like!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:32pm On May 15, 2022
GeneralFarouq:

No lesson from Ukraine can prepare any African Country (especially West Africa) for a future war against a Super power . Why
1. The Russians are careful with destruction because of public opinion and the fact that they have sympathizers amongst Ukrainians.
2. The war is in Europe, against whites Europeans, that why there is UN, EU outcry. Take a look at Palestine. Where is human right in all these, a journalist Shireen Abu Akleh shot dead by Isreali' forces, still the condemnation in is not loud.
3. In a war with Africa, just like we saw in Syria Iraq and Afghanistan, there is no regard for anything not Europe white. As mush as I hate to say this, No super power would hold back on using their deadliest weapons on Blacks (Racism)
4. The use of Media- Well they have control of these so how (like Ukraine) would we seek sympathy across the world to condemn their fellow govt.

I couldn't fault anything you have said.

I agree 100% with your comments on this subject.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:42pm On May 15, 2022
GeneralFarouq:

Nonetheless we can't be sitting ducks. The world is leaving us behind. We have to get our act together and be even if modestly prepared for future wars that's what the lesson from Ukraine should tell on many fronts the first of which is where we are now is still a huge joke when it comes to war with a not so peer power. Invest in education, the sciences, R & D, steel, technology, dedicated funding and training for an expanded armed forces and police. The next big war will be Aerospace, Cyber, Drone technology, Hypersonic missiles and Underwater warfare/Submersibles, New and Traditional Media, SM disinformation. I mean these guys are building stealth nuclear submarines that are ever increasingly quieter, lethal and deadly. We stand no chance but if we can get some decent investments in the areas mentioned above we can make the enemy think twice considering the measure of pain we can bring to bear in the case of any eventuality enough deterrence against a war.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2522) (2523) (2524) (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Toju200(m), Floky215

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.