Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5962629 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2524) (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 11:09am On May 17, 2022
kabe1:

Please don't post graphic content in this thread.

Please take down that picture.
Aye
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 11:13am On May 17, 2022
GeneralFarouq:

Aye
BREAKING: Many schoolchildren feared dead in Kano explosion
https://punchng.com/breaking-many-schoolchildren-feared-dead-in-kano-explosion/

Kano is quite far from the Usual place of madness, how a bomb was transported must be investigated
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 11:13am On May 17, 2022

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 11:20am On May 17, 2022
Ukraine orders fighters at Azovstal plant to surrender
A sweet way to admit defeat, What about their creed of fighting to death...
But worry naught, this is Russian propaganda
https://www.rt.com/russia/555591-azovstal-captives-surrender-ukraine/

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:26am On May 17, 2022
GeneralFarouq:

BREAKING: Many schoolchildren feared dead in Kano explosion
https://punchng.com/breaking-many-schoolchildren-feared-dead-in-kano-explosion/

Kano is quite far from the Usual place of madness, how a bomb was transported must be investigated

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 11:43am On May 17, 2022
my bad
t a gas leak, not bomb.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 12:32pm On May 17, 2022
Jean-Fraude is in ishyt! I posted some months ago how Malians told them to get to stepping: Chadians have now had enough.

[urlhttps://youtu.be/G9-smYgNAHkurl]

All over their former chasse privee the CAR,Mali, Burkina Faso and now Chad they or rather the sharp end of their neo colonial grip, the FFL and other ground forces will finally FK off after 6 decades of foul f'ery.
With the rapidly changing geopolitics expect Wagner Group to shore up their respective efforts fighting the many Paris proxies in the region. This could well spell the end of France-Afrique which would reduce France to a Portugal if not Romania.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 12:56pm On May 17, 2022
clear road for sf, guy man solider, man with good faith, man when the learn from putin grin grin kiss badman with bad energy gallant men i salute oo. abeg kabe1 forget 21 round for air beg.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 1:01pm On May 17, 2022
jl115:
my mom used to work for Kentron(Denel Dynamics) back in the day, but doubt she has any contacts left....

My Uncle was an engineer for Kentron as well and actually worked on the HMD for the Mirage F1.... But unfortunately he passed away last year...

Terribly sorry for your loss. Thank you.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 1:05pm On May 17, 2022
JOSCOFELIX:
clear road for sf, guy man solider, man with good faith, man when the learn from putin grin grin kiss badman with bad energy gallant men i salute oo. abeg kabe1 forget 21 round for air beg.
Pls rewrite
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 1:06pm On May 17, 2022
kikuyu1, ntsa, what does the KDF section/squad look like nowadays?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Buschlaid: 1:53pm On May 17, 2022
Lurker4Long:

You will soon learn some characters here aren't worth the time for argument.

Yeah, I should probably give up trying. Anyway, for an African military forum there is too much world politics. I mean I get this is called "foreign affairs" but still, this forum would shrink at least half its size if only African military topics were discussed here.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 1:53pm On May 17, 2022
GeneralFarouq:

Pls rewrite
grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 4:03pm On May 17, 2022
shadowprimezero:

Terribly sorry for your loss. Thank you.
no worries my bru wink.... Covid unfortunately!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 4:04pm On May 17, 2022
GeneralFarouq:
Ukraine orders fighters at Azovstal plant to surrender
A sweet way to admit defeat, What about their creed of fighting to death...
But worry naught, this is Russian propaganda
https://www.rt.com/russia/555591-azovstal-captives-surrender-ukraine/
Video showing Ukrainian soldiers surrendering
Contrary to some belief here, Russian soldiers are quite treated welll... Or maybe they dressed for the cameras https://www.rt.com/russia/555605-ukraine-mariupol-azovstal-surrender/
PS. The silence of western media on this issue is deafening.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 4:21pm On May 17, 2022
GeneralFarouq:

Video showing Ukrainian soldiers surrendering
Contrary to some belief here, Russian soldiers are quite treated welll... Or maybe they dressed for the cameras https://www.rt.com/russia/555605-ukraine-mariupol-azovstal-surrender/
PS. The silence of western media on this issue is deafening.
Lol, that isn't called "surrendering" by them; zelensky just said "stop fighting" according to Western media on twitter, after about 3000 people have dwindled to about 900+ according to reports.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 4:35pm On May 17, 2022
davefurn:

Lol, that isn't called "surrendering" by them; zelensky just said "stop fighting" according to Western media on twitter, after about 3000 people have dwindled to about 900+ according to reports.
grin cheesy cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:01pm On May 17, 2022
Buschlaid:

Yeah, I should probably give up trying. Anyway, for an African military forum there is too much world politics. I mean I get this is called "foreign affairs" but still, this forum would shrink at least half its size if only African military topics were discussed here.
You are more than 2,000 pages late

This thread and the Battlefield thread

There isn't much new things to discuss about African militaries except we stir up ourselves with fan debates or trolling grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Buschlaid: 5:21pm On May 17, 2022
DRC 30mm PLdvK vz. 53/59 "Ještěrka" - Congolese army uses them for fire support against rebels. A few examples were captured by M23 rebels.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Buschlaid: 5:25pm On May 17, 2022
More pictures, this time from the east of the country.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 6:55pm On May 17, 2022
Lurker4Long:
kikuyu1, ntsa, what does the KDF section/squad look like nowadays?

There've been many changes the past decade though things haven't been standardised. When the Som op kicked off they mainly had new US M4s with ONLY airborne and specops fielding SCAR Hs. However for obvious reasons a number kept their G3s and FNs with some sporting AKs. Of late even regular units are receiving FN Herstals much loved rifle while the M4 is thankfully falling out of favour. Fyi, the latter had a problem with the feed ramps. After 1 or 2 mags it would fail to feed: a smart KAFTEC cadet figured out it was the continuous vibration that worsened a micro millimetre misalignment likely during the machining process. Several guys got KIA cause of this.
The section Carl Gustav was replaced with the RPG 7, which at 7 kg is half the weight. The GPMG remains the 240 though PKMs are also totted. For SAWs the HK 17 is near universal.
I've heard your Y2 is much loved and is either about to be inducted or the process has begun but IDK for sure.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 7:10pm On May 17, 2022
TB2 out of "potentially deadly frontline" for now. Due to supposed propaganda

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 7:49pm On May 17, 2022
davefurn:

Wow, if this is genuine, recent report that Russia took out 9 / 12 during the snake island attack is probable

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 7:53pm On May 17, 2022
GeneralFarouq:

Wow, if this is genuine, recent report that Russia took out 9 / 12 during the snake island attack is probable
Well, Everything we see now, we take with "a pinch of salt" till the frenzy ends and real facts starts coming out.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 8:33pm On May 17, 2022
Second South African MRAP type finds its way to Ukraine. This time, ex-Estonian Mamba MRAP's for UA

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 9:42am On May 18, 2022
kikuyu1:

There've been many changes the past decade though things haven't been standardised. When the Som op kicked off they mainly had new US M4s with ONLY airborne and specops fielding SCAR Hs. However for obvious reasons a number kept their G3s and FNs with some sporting AKs. Of late even regular units are receiving FN Herstals much loved rifle while the M4 is thankfully falling out of favour. Fyi, the latter had a problem with the feed ramps. After 1 or 2 mags it would fail to feed: a smart KAFTEC cadet figured out it was the continuous vibration that worsened a micro millimetre misalignment likely during the machining process. Several guys got KIA cause of this.
The section Carl Gustav was replaced with the RPG 7, which at 7 kg is half the weight. The GPMG remains the 240 though PKMs are also totted. For SAWs the HK 17 is near universal.
I've heard your Y2 is much loved and is either about to be inducted or the process has begun but IDK for sure.
Well put... standardization is needed.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaddyGoo: 9:55am On May 18, 2022
shadowprimezero:
Second South African MRAP type finds its way to Ukraine. This time, ex-Estonian Mamba MRAP's for UA

Who would've thought that the "dark world" would become an arms supplier to the "developed world"?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 10:48am On May 18, 2022
DaddyGoo:

Who would've thought that the "dark world" would become an arms supplier to the "developed world"?

South Africa is technically not part of the "dark world".
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 12:14pm On May 18, 2022
Lurker4Long:
Nemesis4you, any idea of the relevant details of the bolded from your side?

As far as i know most probably the Saab EW systems/subsystems onboard ALH

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 12:25pm On May 18, 2022
davefurn:

This is really funny

I have heard of arms exporters imposing restrictions on use/deployment of their arms due to their concerns on human rights etc etc

First time i am hearing arms exporters imposing/demanding restrictions on use of their arms due to concerns over their weapons public image grin

Oh man, can it get worse grin

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:29pm On May 18, 2022
South African Navy, SAS Sekukhune (P1571)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2524) (2525) (2526) (2527) (2528) (2529) (2530) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.