Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,302 members, 7,836,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5994890 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) (2534) (2535) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 3:47pm On May 22, 2022
THE IMPACT OF THE RUSSIAN INVASION OF UKRAINE ON AFRICAN ARMED FORCES

--Facebook post by Eeben Barlow

For several years now, I have been warning African military forces about what I consider to be future defence and security problems, the failure to adapt doctrines and make doctrinal adjustments, the importance of informational dominance, and the folly of neglecting technology as a force multiplier.
Unfortunately, these warnings were never taken very seriously.

The invasion of Ukraine by the Russian Armed Forces in February 2022 will present Africa with numerous challenges and problems. These will not only effect daily necessities but will also have an enormous future knock-on effect African armed forces will have to contend with.
Given the huge amounts of ammunition and equipment the Russians committed to the Ukrainian front, along with the fierce resistance offered by the Ukrainian Armed Forces, equipment losses have been staggering. These losses will need to be replaced by both countries when the war is finally over.

Whereas NATO-supplied equipment has been able to exploit the vulnerabilities of Russian equipment, especially insofar as anti-armour weapon systems are concerned, it is noticeable that the Russian forces apparently have no effective counter.
The war has also highlighted many innovations and how an opposing force can be attacked. The deployment of weaponised commercial drones is one example.

Equally, gaining informational dominance is critical if one needs to shape perceptions, influence public opinion, and gain the moral high ground.
These are important lessons to take note of.

However, what ought to be of concern to African armed forces is the fact that both countries have already delved into their first-line reserve and second-line equipment. In addition, the military industries of both countries have suffered setbacks ranging from the destruction of factories to the acquiring of microchips and other high-tech elements, materials, and parts.
To rebuild their respective military industries, replace equipment losses, replenish ammunition stocks, as well as reequip their atrophied armed forces is going to take years, and at great cost.

The armed forces of many African states are equipped with Soviet-era or more recent Russian and Ukrainian equipment. Not only has the invasion highlighted the vulnerabilities of especially the older Russian equipment, it has also highlighted the folly of what appears to be Russian doctrinal stagnation.
It will become increasingly problematic for African armies to acquire ammunition and spares for this equipment, or to maintain it in good combat order. But the armed challengers and AGFs will experience the same problems.
Unless African armed forces start looking at developing their own defence industries to counter current and predicted threats, they will become willing victims of the fallout of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 22, 2022
NTSA:
Kdf school of artillery

saw this on twitter a while back
what's the identity of this artillery system and the guns below
excuse the ignorant 'special delivery' label i know these are not new but rather being transported

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 6:16pm On May 22, 2022
GreenandGold:

Let's not ruin this thread any further than this.... So I will end by this; the Voortrekkers (Boers) did not buy any land in SA.

I thank you

History, REAL HISTORY is important, especially on a thread like this despite the wails of a few. It explains the dynamic of conflict: e.g. does Putin have any issues with the J/Ukes? What has France done in their ex colonies that explains the systematic destabilization and deep poverty that has led to insurgencies and LICWs in Cameroon, Cote de Ivoire, Mali, Niger etc, etc? Why EXACTLY were Africans in settler enclaves so unhappy with their lot? Why was it only Algerians, Kikuyus, Zimbos and Saffas who took up arms and NOT Tzns, Malawians, Burkinabes or Gabonese?
Stand firm my dude! Someone is attempting to gaslight you. I should've mentioned this a page ago expounding on those you MUST ignore.

Psychologists use the term “gaslighting” to refer to a specific type of manipulation where the manipulator is trying to get someone else (or a group of people) to question their own reality, memory or perceptions. And it’s always a serious problem, according to psychologists.
[url][https://www.nbcnews.com/better/health/what-gaslighting-how-do-you-know-if-it-s-happening-ncna890866url]

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:17pm On May 22, 2022
Baliv254:

excuse the ignorant 'special delivery' label i know these are not new but rather being transported
Nora B-52 M21 155 mm Mobile Howitzer & Israeli TCM-20 anti-aircraft gun
Nora B-52 was some time back deployed in Somalia maybe you have seen the pics before .

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 6:25pm On May 22, 2022
Baliv254:

Serb 155 milly SP Noras. The last looks like maybe a 23 mm ZSU in road formation, ie with wheels extended for transport. When firing their folded upwards allowing the whole structure to sit firmly on the ground.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:33pm On May 22, 2022
kikuyu1:

Serb 155 milly SP Noras. The last looks like maybe a 23 mm ZSU in road formation, ie with wheels extended for transport. When firing their folded upwards allowing the whole structure to sit firmly on the ground.
can as well be a ZSU
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:12pm On May 22, 2022
Largest Radio Control meet I've ever been to. A lovely way to spend a Saturday in the winelands town of Robertson.
1/3...
Not my photos; mine came out too embarrassing.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:12pm On May 22, 2022
2/3

5 Likes

3/3.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:30pm On May 22, 2022
Lurker4Long:
Largest Radio Control meet I've ever been to. A lovely way to spend a Saturday in the winelands town of Robertson.
1/3...
Whoooottt! This is my childhood fantasy

Over here many don't know how to cool off. Or should I say our way of cooling off is work in itself.

I wish there was a community like this here

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 12:50am On May 23, 2022
GreenandGold:

Let's not ruin this thread any further than this.... So I will end by this; the Voortrekkers (Boers) did not buy any land in SA.

I thank you
voortrekkers maybe not... The Transvaal definitely wink

Thanks for the debate my bru grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 5:44am On May 23, 2022
NAF DAY

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:34am On May 23, 2022
Video of a Nigerian Air Force Helicopter dumping flares in the beautiful city of Abuja.

Nigerian Air Force Day!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/musingsofenigma/status/1528531494699950081
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:18am On May 23, 2022
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:25am On May 23, 2022
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:32am On May 23, 2022
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 10:39am On May 23, 2022
kabe1:
Chinese Z-20 Helicopter.

Seeing the current arms embargo the Russians are likely going to face, Nigeria could consider this helicopter in the future.

Although, I seriously doubt the Americans would allow Nigeria purchase a copy of an American helicopter from China.

What China cannot copy, doesn't exist.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by OutOfContext: 11:04am On May 23, 2022
Who has any information about NASRDA CSTP project.

Odunayaw kabe1 Covert1 Toju200 Stormtrooper11
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:29am On May 23, 2022

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 12:22pm On May 23, 2022
NAF DAY (Better LIVE Viewing With Jet Sound)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c8LoR84Xjs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 12:22pm On May 23, 2022
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 12:46pm On May 23, 2022
The NAF has just again in full view of the whole world classified the JF-17 Thunder in Nigerian Designation as a 4.5 Generation Multi-role Fighter Jet capable of the full spectrum of precision Air Warfare including maritime Ops.

Any one who dares argue with me must show his rank in a reputable National Air Force.

Note: The NAF was clear the Nigerian Air force is about the best in these parts of the world both in terms of manpower and inventory.

Aside: Couldn't quite capture very well the JF-17s, too fast at 1.6 mach. Please see open sources. I expect some in the following days.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 12:46pm On May 23, 2022
Lurker4Long:
1/3...

You bring a real camera to these things, cellphones never work. wink.. samples of my last aircraft show.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 1:00pm On May 23, 2022
The NAF has just again in full view of the whole world classified the JF-17 Thunder in Nigerian Designation as a 4.5 Generation Multi-role Fighter Jet capable of the full spectrum of precision Air Warfare including maritime Ops.

Any one who dares argue with me must show his rank in a reputable National Air Force.

Note: The NAF was clear the Nigerian Air force is about the best in these parts of the world both in terms of manpower and inventory.

Aside: Couldn't quite capture very well the JF-17s, too fast at 1.6 mach. Please see open sources. I expect some in the following days

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 1:09pm On May 23, 2022
A Nigerian Air Force 4.5 Cadre JF-17 Thunder

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:09pm On May 23, 2022
Nigerian made DICON Alkali MRAP deployed by the Nigerian Air Force for Base defence in Kano.

12 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:14pm On May 23, 2022
OutOfContext:
Who has any information about NASRDA CSTP project.

Type "NASRDA CSTP Nairaland" on google. You'd see all we have posted concerning it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 1:57pm On May 23, 2022
GreenandGold:

You bring a real camera to these things, cellphones never work. wink.. samples of on my last aircraft show.

grin grin grin
My weekend on Route 62 was only to replenish my wine cellar. Mates 'flying' in the RC meet rang me to tell me they were in Robertson. Nonetheless, I really should have a camera permanently in the car.
Seeing you're upcountry, let me rub it in:
https://route62.co.za/

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 2:56pm On May 23, 2022
Lurker4Long:

grin grin grin
My weekend on Route 62 was only to replenish my wine cellar. Mates 'flying' in the RC meet rang me to tell me they were in Robertson. Nonetheless, I really should have a camera permanently in the car.
Seeing you're upcountry, let me rub it in:
https://route62.co.za/

Upcountry is where the fun is at... who else can claim to have a BlackHawk painted in white grin

**I envy the many varieties of wines though**

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Balogunodua(m): 3:21pm On May 23, 2022
Ukraine armored vehicle destroyed near Zarya plant in Rubizhne.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 3:27pm On May 23, 2022
Balogunodua:
Ukraine armored vehicle destroyed near Zarya plant in Rubizhne.

The cabin is still in tact... Impressive

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:52pm On May 23, 2022
Nigerian Air Force colour party.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2529) (2530) (2531) (2532) (2533) (2534) (2535) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kabe1 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.