Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,473 members, 7,836,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5995581 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2534) (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:51am On May 27, 2022
jl115:
RG 35 is the answer
I remember when I first came onboard this thread. I usually looked on SA machines and say "Ugh...why is it so ugly"

Years down the line, they have gotten pretty in my eyes

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:53am On May 27, 2022
kabe1:
Who else noticed this DSS guy in Kano, standing behind the President mostly during the celebrations.

What was he concealing?? Could it be the 'fear of god', for all would be adventurists?
He could be wanking tongue

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:57am On May 27, 2022
NNS Kada arrives the beautiful country of Nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:00pm On May 27, 2022
NNS Kada, LST 1314 arrives at home port at the Western Naval Command

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:07pm On May 27, 2022
U.S. Marines assigned to Marine Forces Special Operations Command (MSOC) teach the Nigerian Navy Special Forces tactical movements during a Joint Combined Exchange Training (JCET) in Lagos, Nigeria April 28, 2022.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:11pm On May 27, 2022
kabe1:
U.S. Marines assigned to Marine Forces Special Operations Command (MSOC) teach the Nigerian Navy Special Forces tactical movements during a Joint Combined Exchange Training (JCET) in Lagos, Nigeria April 28, 2022.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:17pm On May 27, 2022
The United Kingdom (UK) is supporting Ghana with 70 Husky armoured vehicles for security operations in the northern parts of Ghana

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:17pm On May 27, 2022
kikuyu1:

How sure are you especially with the fake news avalanche? Why didn't they show us the live arty strike? Are those T 72s or 90s? What are the destroyed IFV types?
Things aren't always the way they seem.....IJS!
The anger and wailing on the Russki telegram channels was real enough. 2 BTGs, T-72s, T-80s, BMPs, MT-LBs etc destroyed on 2 attempts at bridging due to incompetence.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:28pm On May 27, 2022
GreenandGold:

SANDF generals are curving under government political pressure instead of standing on their duties. The Ratel has paper armour, in fact, the reason why it even survived the Border War was because the armed groups of Angola were amateur fighters. In a conventional war with a conventional military, it would be sliced. Replacing hundreds of Ratels with 60-80 Badgers is nothing but falling under political pressure.
I'm not sure how the military can get through to our numbskull politicians how ruinous the current budget is. Short of refusing orders unless funding is secured. Which is a slippery slope.
Look at the latest, which won't bother our useless politicians:
SAS Spioenkop limping home from Mozambique
https://www.defenceweb.co.za/sea/sea-sea/sas-spioenkop-returns-to-south-africa/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 12:29pm On May 27, 2022
Lurker4Long:

The anger and wailing on the Russki telegram channels was real enough. 2 BTGs, T-72s, T-80s, BMPs, MT-LBs etc destroyed on 2 attempts at bridging due to incompetence.
But you are the same one always shouting source and links; or you just need them for things against your narrative? Things aren't always what they seem, mainly because most ukis equipment are very similar to russians and a lot of manipulation can come into play but whom am I to say all these; We take in all things as the media dishes it to us till later. I can tell you one side of my story and it will look so infallible till you hear the other side.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:38pm On May 27, 2022
davefurn:

But you are the same one always shouting source and links; or you just need them for things against your narrative? Things aren't always what they seem, mainly because most ukis equipment are very similar to russians and a lot of manipulation can come into play but whom am I to say all these; We take in all things as the media dishes it to us till later. I can tell you one side of my story and it will look so infallible till you hear the other side.
grin grin grin ok.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 12:44pm On May 27, 2022
Lurker4Long:

No longer an SA product since we sold the IP to the UAE. The requirement for a light mobile fire support vehicle exists, and I would suggest the MC-90 vehicle. An elegant solution would see Denel either selling the IP or licensing Paramount to modernise the vehicle and produce it, keep the 90mm gun and also produce a 30mm variant using Denel's existing 30mm turret.

That is what I had in mind, or maybe a 6x6 so it could carry more protection to protect against the 23mm projectiles African rebels often have.

This is my proposed design grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 1:58pm On May 27, 2022

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:10pm On May 27, 2022
GreenandGold:

That is what I had in mind, or maybe a 6x6 so it could carry more protection to protect against the 23mm projectiles African rebels often have.

This is my proposed design grin
The requirement is for a light easily deployable fire support vehicle.Wouldn't a 6x6 be too heavy and therefore cumbersome to transport? Same problem we have with the Rooikat?
We could pursue -if Denel Land Systems weren't in the doldrums- the RG31 with the 30mm RWS. A posh technical as a friend calls it. Inadequate protection against 23mm sure, but the 30mm outranges it.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:19pm On May 27, 2022
GreenandGold:

In the seriousness of things, I think there's a need for a small size IFV especially to support infantry in the DRC and Mozambique. In both the DRC and Moza, our infantry has to be supported by Tanzania's mechanised unitss.

Please, what's the name of this vehicle?!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Buschlaid: 2:26pm On May 27, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

EBRC Jaguar

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:26pm On May 27, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

It's the French EBRC Jaguar.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EBRC_Jaguar

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 2:26pm On May 27, 2022
jteku:

But really who design this car, what was he thinking , Imagine we bought 200 unit the world wouldn't have taken us serious..

It was just a prototype lol. I've seen much worser designs of the Nigerian army. E.g. Those Bikes with machine guns.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 2:28pm On May 27, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

It was just a prototype lol. I've seen much worser designs of the Nigerian army. E.g. Those Bikes with machine guns.

French's EBRC Jaguar

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:59pm On May 27, 2022
SAS Spioenkop responds to light aircraft ditching off Pemba

Before the South African Navy’s frigate SAS Spioenkop departed Mozambique for South Africa, the vessel responded to the ditching of a light aircraft off Pemba.

SA Navy Chief Petty Officer Kevin Maytham reports that whilst at anchor in Pemba Bay in preparation for her farewell parade, Spioenkop was alerted to a call from an aircraft in distress.

“Soon thereafter amplifying information indicated that a civilian light utility aircraft had ditched in the water. Within minutes a sea boat and Dorado [boat] were launched with medical personnel and divers on board to locate the aircraft and assist,” Maytham stated.

Not knowing what to expect, the SAS Spioenkop’s sickbay was prepared to receive any casualties requiring immediate aid or medical attention.

Upon arrival at the scene, sailors found the aircraft had made an emergency landing in shallow water close to shore where local fisherman assisted in recovering the aircraft onto a nearby slipway. The aircraft suffered minor damage in the incident.

After a brief medical assessment, the pilot and co-pilot were flown to a nearby hospital by an Oryx helicopter for further medical assessment. They appear to only have suffered superficial wounds.

The aircraft in question is a Piper PA-22 Tri Pacer (C9-CET), which was originally registered in South Africa as ZS-CET before moving across the border.

SAS Spioenkop spent nearly three months in Mozambique as part of the Southern African Development Community’s Mission in Mozambique (SAMIM), relieving smaller offshore patrol vessels.

Spioenkop was tasked with execution of barrier patrols along the coast of the Mozambique Channel between Pemba and Tanzania, working with the Tanzanian Navy ship (TNS) Fatundu and Forças Armadas de Defesa Mozambique (FADM) patrol boats.

One of the notable successes of SAS Spioenkop took place in Matemo Island, where the Maritime Reaction Squadron formed part of an operation with SAMIM Security Forces and successfully launched them onto Matemo Island in pursuit of Al-Sunna Wa Jama’ah (ASWJ) terrorists.

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/aerospace-aerospace/sas-spioenkop-responds-to-light-aircraft-ditching-off-pemba/

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:59pm On May 27, 2022
...last.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:06pm On May 27, 2022
NNS KADA RECEPTION CEREMONY AT NNS BEECROFT NAVAL BASE APAPA LAGOS 27 MAY 22

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:06pm On May 27, 2022

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 5:56pm On May 27, 2022
GreenandGold:

The RG 35 is Denel's, Denel is sh#tty.... they can't produce jark.
Let me screenshot this for future reference

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 5:56pm On May 27, 2022
Odunayaw:
I remember when I first came onboard this thread. I usually looked on SA machines and say "Ugh...why is it so ugly"

Years down the line, they have gotten pretty in my eyes

grin grin grin
The Casspir is so ugly, it's pretty!

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 6:01pm On May 27, 2022
Toju200:
Proforce delivering Additional MRAPs to Chad
Different model/variant
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 6:34pm On May 27, 2022
QuietMynd:

Let me screenshot this for future reference

I'm not scared like the Malawi Defence Force grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Balogunodua(m): 6:46pm On May 27, 2022
MOSCOW, May 27. /TASS/. Russia calls on the WHO leadership to investigate the activities of US-funded Nigerian laboratories in Abuja, Zaria and Lagos, Chief of Russian Radiation, Chemical and Biological Protection Force Igor Kirillov said on Friday. "Against the background of numerous cases of US violations of biosafety requirements and facts of negligent storage of pathogenic biomaterials, we call on the leadership of the World Health Organization to investigate the activities of US-funded Nigerian laboratories in Abuja, Zaria, Lagos and inform the world community about its results," Kirillov said. He recalled that according to the WHO report, the West African strain of the monkeypox pathogen came from Nigeria, another state in which the US has deployed its biological infrastructure. "According to available information, there are at least four Washington-controlled biolaboratories operating in Nigeria," the official stressed. According to the Defense Ministry’s briefing slides, two US-controlled biolaboratories operate in the city of Abuja, one in the city of Zaria, and another one in Lagos.

Though I consider it a junk news...but could there be slightest possibility...

kabe1

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by slimthugchimee2(m): 7:01pm On May 27, 2022
Toju200:
Proforce delivering Additional MRAPs to Chad

Certified arms exporting nation

Soon it will be if south Africa mess up we go place arms embargo on them
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 11:41pm On May 27, 2022
X
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 11:50pm On May 27, 2022
GreenandGold:

I'm not scared like the Malawi Defence Force grin

I can easily demolish these follows with nothing but a feather grin

Just poke it inside their nose and than run for my life grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:59pm On May 27, 2022
In a separate interview with the CNS on board the ship, while speaking on maintenance of the newest fleet, Vice Admiral Gambo averred that efforts are on to acquire another one to compliment NNS KADA.

“This landing ship should come in pairs and we are making efforts and the government is determined to provide a sister edifice which would enhance our operations. We are expecting to get another one anytime soon.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2534) (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.