Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2558) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5995166 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2555) (2556) (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 1:02pm On Jun 13, 2022
Some people get courage sha, documentaries coming out, one by one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIaHQET_M7I

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2022
GreenandGold:
Sea Rescue Services with the SAAF
It's an undeniable fact that SAAF, has one of the best airforces in Africa, especially among sub-saharan Africa and the first manufacturers in the defense industry in sub-saharan africa but what makes china a world power among those super ones are it's population.... So population plays a critical role and economy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 1:29pm On Jun 13, 2022
Seen over the weekend on sea patrol

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2022
davefurn:

It's an undeniable fact that SAAF, has one of the best airforces in Africa, especially among sub-saharan Africa and the first manufacturers in the defense industry in sub-saharan africa but what makes china a world power among those super ones are it's population.... So population plays a critical role and economy

The worst thing that ever happened to the SA economy was the dual-economy that was created in the 50s and took deep root in the 1970s... Eg, the GPD is the 32nd largest in the world BUT the stock exchange is the 20th largest.... There's a mismatch.... If it was not for the dual economy, the GPD ranking should be somewhere between 17th-20th position in the world.

So, China never suffered from the dual economy, almost everyone was poor in the 1950s to 1980s, to almost everyone being middle-class currently. With an economy like China's, you can apply a single "shock" policy to the economy and it applies to everyone. With the SA economy, you apply a single policy, it gets one section of the economy very wealthy and leaves the other part still poor... eg, during the economic expansion of the Thabo Mbeki era, SA shops, communication and bank services spread out of the SADC region to some parts of Africa, guess which economy grew the most? the guys who already own shares or suppliers of products to those expanding shops.

At the end, no one has been able to fix the dual-economy issue, both the ANC policies or the Democratic Alliance's policies in the Cape have not come up with any solution to the problem of the economy.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
GreenandGold:

The worst thing that ever happened to the SA economy was the dual-economy that was created in the 50s and took deep root in the 1970s... Eg, the GPD is the 32nd largest in the world BUT the stock exchange is the 20th largest.... There's a mismatch.... If it was not for the dual economy, the GPD ranking should be somewhere between 17th-20th position in the world.

So, China never suffered from the dual economy, almost everyone was poor in the 1950s to 1980s, to almost everyone being middle-class currently. With an economy like China's, you can apply a single "shock" policy to the economy and it applies to everyone. With the SA economy, you apply a single policy, it gets one section of the economy very wealthy and leaves the other part still poor... eg, during the economic expansion of the Thabo Mbeki era, SA shops, communication and bank services spread out of the SADC region to some parts of Africa, guess which economy grew the most? the guys who already own shares or suppliers of products to those expanding shops.

At the end, no one has been able to fix the dual-economy issue, both the ANC policies or the Democratic Alliance's policies in the Cape have not come up with any solution to the problem of the economy.

Rome wasn't built in a day, it just takes time and sacrifices to outgrow the old system that have taken deep root; or maybe the people profiting from it doesn't want it to change.... I don't know, you know best

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ItooWorWor(m): 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
GreenandGold:
This is the SANDF's new spaceship, it can hit targets in Sub-sahara within 2 minutes... You will hear some envy and jealous coming from some dude in West Africa. cool cool....

Anyways....Nevermind
Lol

I think reverse is the case grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 3:12pm On Jun 13, 2022
Remember that "written order" that I posted here earlier, about the deployment of tb-2 bayraktar to "dangerous zones". With the way it been awfully quiet about the drones, we can all agree that the report was somewhat true!!!

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2022
davefurn:
Some people get courage sha, documentaries coming out, one by one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIaHQET_M7I

This documentary is still not out. I'm looking forward to it.

I wish we could have documentaries like this from Nigeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
Nigerian army women corps

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2022
kabe1:

This documentary is still not out. I'm looking forward to it.

I wish we could have documentaries like this from Nigeria.

Yes, if it's possible; it will be great. Not been this expectant for a documentary before grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2022
DMV AnacondA SOF

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2022
GreenandGold:

look I'm not a DA supporter however it's unfair to say that DA policies have not worked in the WC, firstly they do not have the mandate to implement the necessary change simply because they are not the ruling Government and still have to work within the boundaries of ANC economic policies.... Secondly even though they are constraint by ANC policies its a fact that poverty, unemployment are the lowest in DA run municipalities and the WC has also decreased its inequality the most from 2005 to 2015....in fact the WC had the highest inequality before the DA took over in 2009.

Not to mention virtually all of the top 20 best run municipalities are DA run...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2022
Nigerian army soldier in combat

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
davefurn:
Remember that "written order" that I posted here earlier, about the deployment of tb-2 bayraktar to "dangerous zones". With the way it been awfully quiet about the drones, we can all agree that the report was somewhat true!!!

UCAVs are very effective, however as we have seen in Ukraine, in a hot defence zone, with a proliferation of Air Defense Systems, they can be very ineffective.

This means that against a super power military, the US, Russia, China, France and the UK UCAVs would ultimately be ineffective.

However for other countries, UCAVs would be very effective. I mean, we all saw how Azerbaijan defeated Armenia.

@Nemesis4u, please you can give us your take on the use of UCAVs and their overall effectiveness in modern combat.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ItooWorWor(m): 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
kabe1:
DMV AnacondA SOF
Is it Nigeria army
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2022
ItooWorWor:

Is it Nigeria army

No it's not. It's a Dutch concept vehicle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ItooWorWor(m): 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2022
kabe1:

No it's not. It's a Dutch concept vehicle.
OK thanks
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 5:17pm On Jun 13, 2022
kabe1:

What is the role of the Tank in today's battlefield, your opinion is required.

Role of tanks in today's BF is more or less same as it was in yesterday's BF

Role of tanks is best described by 4D's ie
deterrence for peace
Destruction in direct combat
Dislocation of enemy prior to combat and,
Disruption through manoeuvre

Tanks as in majority of other weapon systems works wonderfully (ie negates some of its vulnerabilities) when grouped with other fire support elements/enablers like long range artillery, aviation, ISR and combat support engineering elements etc etc

Excellent tactics with tanks (standalone or better still combined arms op) will help u to out manoeuvre or mass them at a point of decision forcing the opposite side to backfoot or better still deter them from escalating ( might even end a battle even before it begins )

Tanks r both offensive and defensive weapons which offers flexibility in terms of options , u can aggregate or disaggregate at will at tactical level or above that ( unless led by bafoons ) or you can force or lead the other side to engage you where u have advantage etc

Without tanks don't think infantry can produce breakthrough nor can hold territory for long especially in a dynamic fast changing BF, same with artillery and aviation they cannot hold ground for obvious reasons. So it's same story with almost every system , combine the advantages and disadvantages of one system with other systems to have a net advantage

Another thing tanks have a big effect on moral , sound of hundreds of tanks even at a great distance is enough to ensure mass pooping

Long story short my believe tanks r relevant and will stay so but need to evolve with time by leveraging new technologies , new tactics , new weapons systems to Collab with or things will get difficult

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:33pm On Jun 13, 2022
The man who pointed at the sun! Kikuyus used to say," NEVER point at the sun!" For obvious reasons, DUNHHH.
Anyway I've noticed in a few Zelensky vids he appears hyper: rapid talking, slight panting and if you're on a tab or a good phone you'll notice his pupils are dilated. In the West these are common signs of cocaine high.
It seems a vid exists of him in his pre prez days praising Charlie!

[url]https://www.bitchute.com/video/Y6CGIO0d8Tue//url]

Doubtlessly the use of which hugely (mis) informed his decision to take on Russia. It's been said, " chose your battles wisely," with good reason.
When Medvedev advised J/Uke leaders to stop using White Stuff and negotiate with Putin he should've been taken srsly.

Edit: false confidence, enormous false confidence is another major tell. I've seen a 5'4" dude built like Cameron Diaz threaten a 6'6" bouncer . I've stories for dayyyys but NEVER mind!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
jl115:
post your posts my bru wink don't let the guys get you down!!.......

Look at this smartass fuker grin

I don't know if you guys noticed the similarity of the situation played out in last 2 pages, to same as America played to lead Ukraine into conflict with Russia

This jl115 is busy playing America egging naive unsuspecting uncle cobert into digging own grave one after another ie same as Ukraine and other members doing the needful by doing Russia en masse on uncle cobert grin

I am warning u jln , i won't allow you to take advantage of innocence of uncle cobert like this

en garde !!! cool

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2022
Nemesis4you:

Look at this smartass fuker grin

I don't know if you guys noticed the similarity of the situation played out in last 2 pages, to same as America played to lead Ukraine into conflict with Russia

This jl115 is busy playing America egging naive unsuspecting uncle cobert into digging own grave one after another ie same as Ukraine and other members doing the needful by doing Russia en masse on uncle cobert grin

I am warning u jln , i won't allow you to take advantage of innocence of uncle cobert like this

en garde !!! cool

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 6:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
Check this tank out

120 mm main gun
12.7 mm MG
7.62 mm MG
30 mm cannon

I like the inclusion of the 30 mm gun for anti UAV etc role

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 6:51pm On Jun 13, 2022
jl115:
look I'm not a DA supporter however it's unfair to say that DA policies have not worked in the WC, firstly they do not have the mandate to implement the necessary change simply because they are not the ruling Government and still have to work within the boundaries of ANC economic policies.... Secondly even though they are constraint by ANC policies its a fact that poverty, unemployment are the lowest in DA run municipalities and the WC has also decreased its inequality the most from 2005 to 2015....in fact the WC had the highest inequality before the DA took over in 2009.

Not to mention virtually all of the top 20 best run municipalities are DA run...

When it comes to running cities, I would give the DA 8/10 (3/10 for the ANC)..

However, I'm not talking about that, I'm referring to economic activities that balance out the dual-economy. Let's take Cape Town as a perfect example of this economy, so at the front side of the mountain, it looks posh and people have money to spend, that's the first economy. At the back of the mountain is the Cape Flats, economic rot, poor people and desperation and that's the second economy.... The DA has been running the province for a decade now, there's not much change for the ones on the second economy (back of the mountain).

This is what I'm referring to. It seems like there's no available solution in the immediate term.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 6:54pm On Jun 13, 2022
kabe1:

UCAVs are very effective, however as we have seen in Ukraine, in a hot defence zone, with a proliferation of Air Defense Systems, they can be very ineffective.

This means that against a super power military, the US, Russia, China, France and the UK UCAVs would ultimately be ineffective.

Well depends in my opinion

In contested air space (peer to peer conflicts) standalone, ucavs will/might struggle but it doesn't not mean that they won't be effective at all bec as usual tactics , support elements etc will play a role to determine effectiveness

But as part of a composite group with manned assets effectiveness will be more imo , ie manned unmanned grouping will enable them to draw from the strengths of each other

Though with time into future as ucavs start leveraging new technologies like ability to operate autonomously, self aware AI enabled swarming etc their capabilities will to an extent rival those of manned aircrafts , but not replace imo

At tactical level man portable drones r welcomed asset they provide a vertical envelop to the infantry previously not available

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 7:14pm On Jun 13, 2022
GreenandGold:
Seen over the weekend on sea patrol

Don't know if anyone noticed it yet , but the engine exhausts r at the side near the waterline at the rear

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2022
GreenandGold:
This is the SANDF's new spaceship, it can hit targets in Sub-sahara within 2 minutes... You will hear some envy and jealous coming from some dude in West Africa. cool cool....

Anyways....Nevermind
Jokes on u
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 7:51pm On Jun 13, 2022
kikuyu1:
The man who pointed at the sun! Kikuyus used to say," NEVER point at the sun!" For obvious reasons, DUNHHH.
Anyway I've noticed in a few Zelensky vids he appears hyper: rapid talking, slight panting and if you're on a tab or a good phone you'll notice his pupils are dilated. In the West these are common signs of cocaine high.
It seems a vid exists of him in his pre prez days praising Charlie!

[url]https://www.bitchute.com/video/Y6CGIO0d8Tue//url]

Doubtlessly the use of which hugely (mis) informed his decision to take on Russia. It's been said, " chose your battles wisely," with good reason.
When Medvedev advised J/Uke leaders to stop using White Stuff and negotiate with Putin he should've been taken srsly.

Edit: false confidence, enormous false confidence is another major tell. I've seen a 5'4" dude built like Cameron Diaz threaten a 6'6" bouncer . I've stories for dayyyys but NEVER mind!
shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:33pm On Jun 13, 2022
Nemesis4you:

In contested air space (peer to peer conflicts) standalone, ucavs will/might struggle but it doesn't not mean that they won't be effective at all bec as usual tactics , support elements etc will play a role to determine effectiveness

But as part of a composite group with manned assets effectiveness will be more imo , ie manned unmanned grouping will enable them to draw from the strengths of each other

Though with time into future as ucavs start leveraging new technologies like ability to operate autonomously, self aware AI enabled swarming etc their capabilities will to an extent rival those of manned aircrafts , but not replace imo

At tactical level man portable drones r welcomed asset they provide a vertical envelop to the infantry previously not available

Excellent analysis as usual.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
Nemesis4you:

Role of tanks in today's BF is more or less same as it was in yesterday's BF

Role of tanks is best described by 4D's ie
deterrence for peace
Destruction in direct combat
Dislocation of enemy prior to combat and,
Disruption through manoeuvre

Tanks as in majority of other weapon systems works wonderfully (ie negates some of its vulnerabilities) when grouped with other fire support elements/enablers like long range artillery, aviation, ISR and combat support engineering elements etc etc

Excellent tactics with tanks (standalone or better still combined arms op) will help u to out manoeuvre or mass them at a point of decision forcing the opposite side to backfoot or better still deter them from escalating ( might even end a battle even before it begins )

Tanks r both offensive and defensive weapons which offers flexibility in terms of options , u can aggregate or disaggregate at will at tactical level or above that ( unless led by bafoons ) or you can force or lead the other side to engage you where u have advantage etc

Without tanks don't think infantry can produce breakthrough nor can hold territory for long especially in a dynamic fast changing BF, same with artillery and aviation they cannot hold ground for obvious reasons. So it's same story with almost every system , combine the advantages and disadvantages of one system with other systems to have a net advantage

Another thing tanks have a big effect on moral , sound of hundreds of tanks even at a great distance is enough to ensure mass pooping

Long story short my believe tanks r relevant and will stay so but need to evolve with time by leveraging new technologies , new tactics , new weapons systems to Collab with or things will get difficult

I agree with you entire submission, especially the area in bold.

Infact autonomous aerial systems becoming more and more mainstream means not just Tanks, but entire armies would need to update and evolve Thier tactics to ensure relevance in the modern battlefield.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2022
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:23pm On Jun 13, 2022
Nemesis4you:

That's why there's plans for an unmanned Terminator. Some yrs ago the Russians had plans to experiment inducting them with tank units but Idk more.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 12:25am On Jun 14, 2022
Covert1:

The modular design makes it a Light Frigate; it can be quickly fitted with missiles in event of war. Weapon manufacturers lobby, market and produce weapons systems and military equipments to meet customers requirements.

Please show us valid proof from NN is a Corvette. Officially is an OPV in peace time.

So how does an OPV which is considered lower than a corvette in armament and performance become a light frigate?

Modularity of the OPV does not automatically make it more lethal to suddenly become a light frigate.

Never has the manufacturer and end-user referred to the OPV as a light frigate. I'm trying to understand where you brought thr nomenclature from?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2555) (2556) (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: DaddyGoo and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.