Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2609) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5982455 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2606) (2607) (2608) (2609) (2610) (2611) (2612) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:09am On Jul 10, 2022
MAN1960:

Kabe 1 you can see only 6 I think you need to visit the eye clinic grin grin grin

grin grin

The others are FV-103 models.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 8:01am On Jul 10, 2022
Forgotten history: a SADF vet tells how Recces trained Zulus for inter tribal violence , a force that morphed into the "Hidden Hand" responsible for 10000 deaths. You guys are young but at one stage it seemed SA would dissolve into civil war before the 94 election! Train attack and township shootouts killed a hundred a week at one stage.

behind the random violence, which included military-style attacks on trains, drive-by shootings and a series of massacres and assassinations. The train violence swept the Rand from 1990 onwards. By June 1993 it had caused some 400 deaths and countless more injuries, and left thousands of commuters consumed with fear on a daily basis. Such attacks frequently generated further violence.
[url][https://omalley.nelsonmandela.org/omalley/index.php/site/q/03lv02167/04lv02264/05lv02335/06lv02357/07lv02372/08lv02379.htmurl]

https://youtu.be/y3MTFohsibc

This training was the genesis.

Many came to believe that a 'hidden hand' or 'third force' lay behind the random violence, which included military-style attacks on trains, drive-by shootings and a series of massacres and assassinations

NOT a story you'll hear in the hundreds of autobiographies (correct me if I'm wrong!). I ALWAYS say history is important.
Try to look deeper into causes of conflict. The MSM would happily have you believe the EXACT OPPOSITE of the truth - Iraq, Iran, the J/Uke thing etc, etc.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 8:18am On Jul 10, 2022
Toju200:
Nigerian SOF operator
See the innocent dude someone was accussing of not having boot, the dude even have more than one boot.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 8:21am On Jul 10, 2022
QuietMynd:

See the innocent dude someone was accussing of not having boot, the dude even have more than one boot.
vawlance signal activated grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 8:26am On Jul 10, 2022

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 1:51pm On Jul 10, 2022
jteku:
https://www.facebook.com/KnowledgeJunctionMedia/videos/3229092710698351/

Weakest Armies in the world

This is to say all armies in Africa are weak. The analysis is trash.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AskiaHarem(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2022
MAN1960:

Another nonsense, so the Philippines military that even have a more decent navy than Algeria is amongst the world's most weakest armies in the world and I can find North Korea and Africa's fourth most powerful military in this video and I can't stop to wonder what happened to the remaining 50 Africa countries and why are this countries not on the list eg (Central Africa republic)

The story no clear grin grin grin

Fynline:

This is to say all armies in Africa are week. The analysis is trash.

Omofaye99:

Joke

The list isn’t going by any actual facts or statistics just the original posters ignorance and personal feelings. grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:07pm On Jul 10, 2022
Kdf peace support operations somalia (win hearts and minds strategy)

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:12pm On Jul 10, 2022
Kdf recruits at recruits training school

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ItooWorWor(m): 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
JOSCOFELIX:
vawlance signal activated grin grin grin

grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ItooWorWor(m): 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2022
Bloodofthelambo:
Nigerians are their own problem. Everyone defended their country except my brothers sad

Some of them are just naturally dumb and bitter.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2022
NTSA:
Winning hearts and minds is a concept occasionally expressed in the resolution of war/ insurgency, and other conflicts, in which one side seeks to prevail not by the use of superior force, but by making emotional or intellectual appeals to sway supporters of the other side.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 9:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
NTSA:

Winning hearts and minds is a concept occasionally expressed in the resolution of war/ insurgency, and other conflicts, in which one side seeks to prevail not by the use of superior force, but by making emotional or intellectual appeals to sway supporters of the other side.
Human Intelligence (HUMINT) is also shared during such engagements for further processing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
NTSA:
From the insignia of the guy on top of the truck he is a member of the 20th special ops group probably doubling up as an intelligence operator.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:18pm On Jul 10, 2022
kikuyu1:
Forgotten history: a SADF vet tells how Recces trained Zulus for inter tribal violence , a force that morphed into the "Hidden Hand" responsible for 10000 deaths. You guys are young but at one stage it seemed SA would dissolve into civil war before the 94 election! Train attack and township shootouts killed a hundred a week at one stage.

[url][https://omalley.nelsonmandela.org/omalley/index.php/site/q/03lv02167/04lv02264/05lv02335/06lv02357/07lv02372/08lv02379.htmurl]

https://youtu.be/y3MTFohsibc

This training was the genesis.

NOT a story you'll hear in the hundreds of autobiographies (correct me if I'm wrong!). I ALWAYS say history is important.
Try to look deeper into causes of conflict. The MSM would happily have you believe the EXACT OPPOSITE of the truth - Iraq, Iran, the J/Uke thing etc, etc.
the political war between the ANC and the IFP leading up to SAs first democratic elections killed more than the entire 50 years of apartheid.... The threat of a civil war back then was very real, but interestingly it didn't involve white people but rather it was a Zulu vs Xhosa conflict

But I do agree that the NP was fuelling this conflict!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 3:16am On Jul 11, 2022
Check out twitter news feed today, seems they want to go stanlingrad style and fight back; since western weapons aren't working. Fight fire with fire but you're fighting that fire with someone that have been fighting with fire since and it's their doctrine. Let's see how it goes, now those on Soviets doctrine, what did I say before; when advanced weapons fails, numbers is the best option. That's good thinking from the Ukrainian side, since they are getting losses, let's overload them with canon fodders; since we outnumber them before 20:1....let's increase the number exponentially; but remember since they played this tactic, they haven't won any city back, even Kiev wasn't taken nor kharkiv taken and only a fool won't notice that China is funding/backing russia economically for a battle of attriction especially BRICS role(As far as Russia has BRICS full support, they have nothing to bother on economically ; that's my assumption though, I can be very wrong). The long term foresight is that, if ww3 happens with Britain/Europe population; they will find it very hard. Why? Remember ww2, most of Europe army were their colonies ; unless they recolonize Africa and Asia again... They will find it very hard, numbers still play a very big role in very large warfare; Afghanistan proved it, Vietnam proved it apart from Persian gulf war

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 3:31am On Jul 11, 2022
Also I heard about the mass shooting in SA, I offer my condolences; RiP to them, somethings are inevitable even with Japan iron-clad gun laws, a local hand made gun killed their former pm in cold blood(most powerful man in their country). Pray for peace in Africa especially Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AskiaHarem(m): 5:20am On Jul 11, 2022
davefurn:
Also I heard about the mass shooting in SA, I offer my condolences; RiP to them, somethings are inevitable even with Japan iron-clad gun laws, a local hand made gun killed their former pm in cold blood(most powerful man in their country). Pray for peace in Africa especially Nigeria

Ah man South Africans joing the Americans in the public mass shootings craze? lipsrsealed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:57am On Jul 11, 2022
NAF A-Jet Pilot

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2022
NAF A29 pilot

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
davefurn:
Check out twitter news feed today, seems they want to go stanlingrad style and fight back; since western weapons aren't working. Fight fire with fire but you're fighting that fire with someone that have been fighting with fire since and it's their doctrine. Let's see how it goes, now those on Soviets doctrine, what did I say before; when advanced weapons fails, numbers is the best option. That's good thinking from the Ukrainian side, since they are getting losses, let's overload them with canon fodders; since we outnumber them before 20:1....let's increase the number exponentially; but remember since they played this tactic, they haven't won any city back, even Kiev wasn't taken nor kharkiv taken and only a fool won't notice that China is funding/backing russia economically for a battle of attriction especially BRICS role(As far as Russia has BRICS full support, they have nothing to bother on economically ; that's my assumption though, I can be very wrong). The long term foresight is that, if ww3 happens with Britain/Europe population; they will find it very hard. Why? Remember ww2, most of Europe army were their colonies ; unless they recolonize Africa and Asia again... They will find it very hard, numbers still play a very big role in very large warfare; Afghanistan proved it, Vietnam proved it apart from Persian gulf war

Your mind is confused but it was fun to read.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2022
SuperSixSeven:

Your mind is confused but it was fun to read.
grin grin grin , they are basically just assumption from what I'm seeing; it can really be weird to read... Just take it as one of those Kikuyu tantrums
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:47pm On Jul 11, 2022
NAF personnel undergoing training to operate and maintain Tekever AR3 drones procured by NIMASA for the Deep Blue Project.

https://twitter.com/Jakepor21/status/1546519292946092032?t=-9Lfv01ajSyTTN84EhT-CA&s=19

Credits:
Jake

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2022
The 5th generation F-35 and F-22 fighters have not even been battle tested to check it's efficiency and to know where it needs improvement, the U.S already have their eyes set on a 6th generation jet. Let's wait and see Russia and China's response to this

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 9:51pm On Jul 11, 2022
Exnavyboy62:
The 5th generation F-35 and F-22 fighters have not even been battle tested to check it's efficiency and to know where it needs improvement, the U.S already have their eyes set on a 6th generation jet. Let's wait and see Russia and China's response to this
That's not completely correct, they test them in military ex. But still F35 the naval version has some issues that need addressing

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:05am On Jul 12, 2022
Nigerian army Armour, Main Battle Tanks and Tank Destroyers.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:37am On Jul 12, 2022
Proforce Defence PF ARA MRAP model, Armoured land cruiser,PF viper and PF fury

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:37am On Jul 12, 2022
Interesting developments

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 9:33am On Jul 12, 2022
Kenyan QRF alongside Monusco troops in Eastern congo

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 9:47am On Jul 12, 2022
NTSA:
Interesting developments
Just recalibration is needed, like they did for the drones...... That's how weapons are improved and battle-tested

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2606) (2607) (2608) (2609) (2610) (2611) (2612) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.