Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,110 members, 7,852,757 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:25 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6019055 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2015
AMISOM police vehicle stop and search in mogandishu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqa0bj--T4k
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2015
it being reported that kenya may have lost a cargo plane in alshabaab territory on twitter #alshabaab
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 28, 2015
africaken:
it being reported that kenya may have lost a cargo plane in alshabaab territory on twitter #alshabaab

Al-Shabab Takes Over Crashed Plane Near Mogadishu

A Somali official says militant group Al-Shabab has taken possession of a small plane that crashed Wednesday west of the capital, Mogadishu.

Sources tell VOA's Somali Service that nine to 11 people were on board the plane, which came down near the Al-Shabab-controlled village of Omar Darire.

There was no immediate word on the fate or identity of those aboard. Sources speaking on condition of anonymity tell VOA the plane had been chartered by contractors working with security operations in war-torn Somalia.

The deputy commissioner of the Afgoye district, Abdullahi Hassan Abdi, tells VOA the plane was surrounded by Al-Shabab gunmen after it crashed and is now in al-Shabab hands.

Abdi said he did not know if the passengers are dead or alive.

It is not known what caused the crash. Residents in the nearby town of Afgoye said the plane circled overhead before heading west of the town.

The plane had reportedly taken off from Nairobi and was heading to Ballidogle, an air base 90 kilometers west of Mogadishu.
http://www.voanews.com/content/al-shabab-takes-over-crashed-plane-neear-mogadishu/3026530.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:32am On Oct 29, 2015
andrewza:

is this simmons town? Are they your colleague? Are you among them?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 29, 2015
sudan army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 12:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
More developments for the SANDF!!

A proudly African world first!!*

Development of a new generation tactical communication system for the SA National Defence Force (SANDF) has reached an advanced stage according to the 2014/15 Armscor annual report.
The new system will be a digital one and will provide for all tactical communication requirements of all four arms of service – the SA Air Force, SA Army, SA Military Health Service and SA Navy. It will, the report states, ensure complete inter-operability between all users across the SANDF’s services.

The new system encompasses state of the art transmission and information security techniques, incorporating semi real-time data link performance characteristics, as well as digital voice communication capabilities.

“Development of the various elements in the systems has progressed exceptionally well and will result in the first tactical communications system in the world that will provide complete inter-operability between all element of the battlefield without making use of gateways or protocol convertors,” the report made public earlier this month says.

Initial production orders for the complete system were placed in the latter part of the 2014/15 financial year and the first production equipment will be delivered in the first quarter of 2016.

*supposedly

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
Something you don't see everyday, the police's 2nd little-known SOF unit: the Counter Assault Team from the Presidential Protection Unit.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2015
africaken:

Al-Shabab Takes Over Crashed Plane Near Mogadishu

http://www.voanews.com/content/al-shabab-takes-over-crashed-plane-neear-mogadishu/3026530.html
it was bad enough that a cargo plane from the land of "non-believers" fell from heaven right into the hands of the "believers", but a cargo plane carrying Amisom goods, that's really bad for the survivors.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
Nigerian Army Training

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 29, 2015
denisfidha:
it was bad enough that a cargo plane from the land of "non-believers" fell from heaven right into the hands of the "believers", but a cargo plane carrying Amisom goods, that's really bad for the survivors.
there is a power struggle inside alshabaab as alshabaab amniyat is said to be keeping followers in detention who are suspected to be siding with AlShabaab Leader Abd al-Qadir Mu'min who pledged allegiance to ISIS

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 29, 2015
uganda troops

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 29, 2015
i just saw photos of boko haram makeshift factory making rockets .looks amateurish considering what i have seen HAMAS making in gaza
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 6:31pm On Oct 29, 2015
africaken:
i just saw photos of boko haram makeshift factory making rockets .looks amateurish considering what i have seen HAMAS making in gaza

Seen it too but I just refused to post it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
africaken:

Yeah seen it too! Didn't post it because i don't post terrorist propaganda. Agreed, it looks amateurish, but the truth is, we are here, 6 years on, because the Nigerian government and military under-estimated the enemy and played petty politics with Boko-Haram.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:38pm On Oct 29, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
Fynline:

Seen it too but I just refused to post it
i think most of them will be duds,any info of them being used ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:00pm On Oct 29, 2015

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 29, 2015
gottfried21:
http://www.enca.com/south-africa/african-soldiers-play-war-games-bloemfontein?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_term=Autofeed#link_time=1446125712
Beautiful...<3
at the end of that video i saw a soldier holding a handheld thermal sight camera,that's the exact tech one need when deal this terrorists
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:10pm On Oct 29, 2015
africaken:

i'm not trying to further any militant cause, with that said. did anybody notice the fuze on the rocket? workable. great piece of engineering for amateurs. i hope the FG takes note of this.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
lionel4power:
i'm not trying to further any militant cause, with that said. did anybody notice the fuze on the rocket? workable. great piece of engineering for amateurs. i hope the FG takes note of this.
may be some of the features of those rockets could be traced to the jihadist fighting in syria or elsewhere.thus enabling analysts to determine how close the relationship between this jihadist has reached.i have seen victim activated pressure plate used by boko haram are the same used by taliban and ISIS
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sczeska: 8:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
Amateurish untill those rockets start raining down on cities.
Dud, bluff, propaganda or whatever the fact is they have thought about it, which is bad enough.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
sczeska:
Amateurish untill those rockets start raining down on cities.
Dud, bluff, propaganda or whatever the fact is they have thought about it, which is bad enough.

Those.rockets haven't being deployed yet against NA or.the MNJTF. I those rockets are not effective, they are just trying to strike fear its all propaganda.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Greenbuoy(m): 10:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
Henry120:
Nigerian Army Training
now I loves these ones!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 29, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:
enter the dragon ....saw this cute toy in jaji .

It's a very good assault weapon, best part is, we maintained the 7.62mm ammo, it would have been a shame if we went for the 5.56mm.

Polish special forces use them extensively along with the HK-416.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 10:58pm On Oct 29, 2015
africaken:

Yea seen videos were they have been used
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 12:32am On Oct 30, 2015
Namibian Air force Pilots K-8 Pilots

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 2:31am On Oct 30, 2015
africaken:
at the end of that video i saw a soldier holding a handheld thermal sight camera,that's the exact tech one need when deal this terrorists

It's a Thales Sophie thermal imager -it has laser rangefinder and pointer, a compass, GPS and digital camera. Sophie can spot humans at over 4km, tanks at 10km, helicopters at 12km and jet fighters at 16km

We got 65 of the under project Cytoon, as well as 14 Thales Squire ground surveillance radars -it can plot a pedestrian at 10km, a vehicle at 21km, a tank at 28km, a helicopter at 21km, a boat at 12km and a ship at 48km

As far as I know they all went to defence intelligence in order to outfit an ISTAR unit

Problem is that it's all expensive - $10 Mil for what we got

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sczeska: 8:50am On Oct 30, 2015
bidexiii:

Those.rockets haven't being deployed yet against NA or.the MNJTF. I those rockets are not effective, they are just trying to strike fear its all propaganda.
Yes, the exact same excuse boko haram was allowed to fester, now its like a wild fire ravaging the entire north east, you don't sit back and dictate how you want insurgents to carry out their attacks.
So until they start making 10km rockets it is just mere propaganda to you. I see

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 10:20am On Oct 30, 2015
sczeska:

Yes, the exact same excuse boko haram was allowed to fester, now its like a wild fire ravaging the entire north east, you don't sit back and dictate how you want insurgents to carry out their attacks.
So until they start making 10km rockets it is just mere propaganda to you. I see

Those rockets won't go pass 50meters i assure u.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 10:29am On Oct 30, 2015
sczeska:

Firing those rockets in the desert or plain grounds is like giving away your positions. And I think BH is so smart that they would not want to do that? Now in cities,towns villages or hamlets is now the main issue and those rocket are not that effective and precise!
Actually I love the piece of engineering when I first saw the pictures because I noticed that there are fuses on some of the rockets, but if they are that effective why have they not being used against the army or MNJTF till now?
But that does not mean that the army should fold there arms?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 30, 2015
bidexiii:

these rockets were used in an attack against Maiduguri 02/06/15 around Dala area .

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sczeska: 11:31am On Oct 30, 2015
jteku:

Those rockets won't go pass 50meters i assure u.
It doesn't have to go that far to achieve its aim, as long as it goes up and comes down to cause harm.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.