Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,552 members, 7,847,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:54 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6009909 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (2849) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sczeska: 11:44am On Oct 30, 2015
bidexiii:

Firing those rockets in the desert or plain grounds is like giving away your positions. And I think BH is so smart that they would not want to do that? Now in cities,towns villages or hamlets is now the main issue and those rocket are not that effective and precise!
Actually I love the piece of engineering when I first saw the pictures because I noticed that there are fuses on some of the rockets, but if they are that effective why have they not being used against the army or MNJTF till now?
But that does not mean that the army should fold there arms?
These rockets are mainly intended for civilians. 1metre,2metres,3metres....10km as long as it is getting the job done. Shoot and scoot
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 4:28am On Oct 31, 2015
sczeska:

These rockets are mainly intended for civilians. 1metre,2metres,3metres....10km as long as it is getting the job done. Shoot and scoot

Building rockets for civilians who are harmless or defenseless? I doubt it..........................?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 8:05am On Oct 31, 2015
Henry120:

Yeah seen it too! Didn't post it because i don't post terrorist propaganda. Agreed, it looks amateurish, but the truth is, we are here, 6 years on, because the Nigerian government and military under-estimated the enemy and played petty politics with Boko-Haram.
oga henry as a nuclear engineer,is there any place for me in the nigerian military.army precisely??or rather is there need for nuclear engineers??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 8:09am On Oct 31, 2015
bidexiii:

Building rockets for civilians who are harmless or defenseless? I doubt it..........................?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by cdoffx(m): 9:12am On Oct 31, 2015
pacretus:
oga henry as a nuclear engineer,is there any place for me in the nigerian military.army precisely??or rather is there need for nuclear engineers??

Why not sit down and reason deep as to how your knowledge as a nuclear scientist can benefit the Nigerian armed forces or the Nigerian state generally. Write a very concrete proposal on this and submit to the Nigerian Defence Headquarters. Mind you, make sure your proposal while its largely beneficial to the Nigerian nation you explicitly indicate how it will be beneficial to some individuals above too albeit without compromising the main objective of the proposal because without that your proposal may likely never see the light of the day.

Am working on something like that too though not military related.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 2:30pm On Oct 31, 2015
cdoffx:

Why not sit down and reason deep as to how your knowledge as a nuclear scientist can benefit the Nigerian armed forces or the Nigerian state generally. Write a very concrete proposal on this and submit to the Nigerian Defence Headquarters. Mind you, make sure your proposal while its largely beneficial to the Nigerian nation you explicitly indicate how it will be beneficial to some individuals above too albeit without compromising the main objective of the proposal because without that your proposal may likely never see the light of the day.

Am working on something like that too though not military related.
tnks man.i'll try just dat.hope to com up wit smtin good.tnks again
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2015
bidexiii:

has boko haram every shown mercy to nigerian civilians or even cared about collateral damage !

i saw a boko haram propaganda video where they over run what looks like a town with a military camp and looted D-30 artillery now with such an artillery they could harass towns and military bases from over 15 km.those rockets are meaningless if they can look such weapons
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2015
UAE has trained and equipped Yemen pilots with AT-802 armed version of this agricultural plane for counter insurgency, which can be seen armed with GBU-12 pave way II laser guided bombs and Roketsan Cirit laser guided rockets and in the centre is mounted with ISR pod with a MX-15 used for targeting, reconnaissance and laser range finding.i hope they will do the same for the newly formed somalia air force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uahgtOUrAaY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7077j60ok6Q
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by sczeska: 4:46pm On Oct 31, 2015
bidexiii:

So Hamas is building rockets mainly to attack the IDF?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
sczeska:

So Hamas is building rockets mainly to attack the IDF?

They are called "protest rockets" because they are practically useless - its just a way of reminding the world that Palestine is there and that they are angry

Mortars are what they use for killing - lots of isrealy settlements are in range of them, they are infinitly more accurate and the jews cant shoot them down with Iron dome
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
africaken:
has boko haram every shown mercy to nigerian civilians or even cared about collateral damage !

i saw a boko haram propaganda video where they over run what looks like a town with a military camp and looted D-30 artillery now with such
an artillery they could harass towns and military bases from over 15 km.those rockets are meaningless if they can look such weapons

That's my point BH will rather attack villages with mounted AA guns on utility trucks and with ak riffles rather wasting there time using rockets that might possible give away there position.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 01, 2015
gottfried21:
Namibian Air force Pilots K-8 Pilots

I dont think the pilot on the left is Namibian looking at his insignia wink He's Zim I'ld like to believe, ou n the Namibian pilot is rated both on the K-8 and F-7 tongue
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 9:57am On Nov 01, 2015
ViceAdmiral:

I dont think the pilot on the left is Namibian looking at his insignia wink He's Zim I'ld like to believe, ou n the Namibian pilot is rated both on the K-8 and F-7 tongue
I know that smiley He's my cousin... wink grin
Most of the cockpit and inflight pics I've posted on this thread I've gotten from him
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 10:26am On Nov 01, 2015
Cool video about South Africa in WW1 - very modern and very interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhYYqj-3swU
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2015
SANDF - Operation Copper: anti-piracy, Mozambique and Tanzania.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
(Anti-terrorism) a mock attack conducted at Kenyatta University Library as part of security enhancement around Kenya in large institutions or company that hosts large number of people.

The ambulances that were part of the mock exercise ended up doing a real emergency when some ladies who hadn't read the school internal memo and were not there for part 1 of the exercize which covered the theory, fainted from the shear sound of the initial explosions heard in the 2nd video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNjtvofM52g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8B4Oa6RVQo

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2015
I really could care less about the penile-measurement on that other ridiculous thread; but to the poster who sent me a PM, here's the MAMBA spec'd for C2. And yes, Nigerian officers I know confirm their Cobra Otokar has no such system. In fact, the Nigerian military does not yet possess a Command and Control system anywhere near Chaka.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2015
frumentius:
I really could care less about the penile-measurement on that other ridiculous thread; but to the poster who sent me a PM, here's the MAMBA spec'd for C2. And yes, Nigerian officers I know confirm their Cobra Otokar has no such system. In fact, the Nigerian military does not yet possess a Command and Control system anywhere near Chaka.

Just how integrated into Chaka are, say, command Ratels
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 03, 2015
Patchesagain:

Just how integrated into Chaka are, say, command Ratels

Most command and control vehicles in service use Chaka, across the various arms of service.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2015
@frumentius
I was reading about the "U.S Marine Corps Martial Arts Program" and I was wondering if the SANDF makes as much effort in training our Soldiers in method of Unarmed combat, because I can't find any info that shows that our regular Soldiers receive an form or hand to hand combat training, besides the Recces and intelligence guys .

So since you're a member of the defence force I'm hoping that you could answer this question for me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 04, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 04, 2015
tanzania made Armoured fighting vehicle

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 04, 2015

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2015
frumentius.....Thats a wonderful one........How fast does it fly? Can it be armed up etc...to be used by the military and other security agencies? A great feat...10 gbosas for the team....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2015
Patchesagain:

It's a Thales Sophie thermal imager -it has laser rangefinder and pointer, a compass, GPS and digital camera. Sophie can spot humans at over 4km, tanks at 10km, helicopters at 12km and jet fighters at 16km

We got 65 of the under project Cytoon, as well as 14 Thales Squire ground surveillance radars -it can plot a pedestrian at 10km, a vehicle at 21km, a tank at 28km, a helicopter at 21km, a boat at 12km and a ship at 48km

As far as I know they all went to defence intelligence in order to outfit an ISTAR unit

Problem is that it's all expensive - $10 Mil for what we got

Slight correction: they went to the Intelligence Formation, not Defence Intelligence. DI is a strategic spy agency, responsible for foreign military intelligence and domestic counter-intel on the SANDF, reporting primarily to NICOC and secondarily to the CSANDF.

The Intelligence Formation/Corps is tactical, supplying battlefield intelligence to combat teams. Loosely, I'd call them SOF, in that they're required to operate in a forward position and behind the lines, undetected.
In Bangui for example, 7 guys from 2 Tactical Reg had an OP a few hundred metres from the Mpoko Bridge, where they were able to detect a CAR battalion deserting after being paid off by Seleka/Chad, raising the alarm, calling in mortar fire from 8km away on the Damara Road front, staying undetected behind Seleka lines when they crossed the bridge, directing rocket fire for the 2 launchers on SF Hornets, and finally, escaping and evading through the bush to the airport.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 05, 2015
Interesting...schizophrenia much?

Not for the first time, products derided here are extolled elsewhere. In this case, on the Beegeagle blog.
Link: https://beegeagle./2015/10/31/field-imagery-nigerian-army-combat-engineers-and-a-mowag-apc-led-convoy/#comments

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
frumentius:

Not for the first time, products derided here are extolled elsewhere. In this case, on the Beegeagle blog.
Link: https://beegeagle./2015/10/31/field-imagery-nigerian-army-combat-engineers-and-a-mowag-apc-led-convoy/#comments
okay... so whats your point?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:05am On Nov 06, 2015
lionel4power:
okay... so whats your point?

I think his point is evident

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:17am On Nov 06, 2015
Patchesagain:

I think his point is evident
remember we don't insult on this thread.

hinting of mental illness on a member of this thread just to further unknown motives is frowned upon.

we all know this.
a counter insult will be properly dished out at the other thread. you can take that to the bank.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ozededes: 9:21am On Nov 06, 2015
You too can be a landlord this year, buy a plot of land at

Beachveiw Lekki (sea side) 3.5m/plot

Wood island ikorodu 900k/plot

Agbara 300k/plot

ENQUIRIES: 08059414703

www.pacismultiplex.com

34b isaac john street igbobi, Fadeyi, Lagos.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 10:05am On Nov 06, 2015
YOU want to bring abuse to this thread as well init? angry

What is it with you guys from down under

Do u just derive joy from uncouth behavior or did u just not get breast milk from ur mommy??

frumentius:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
lionel4power:
remember we don't insult on this thread.

hinting of mental illness on a member of this thread just to further unknown motives is frowned upon.

we all know this.
a counter insult will be properly dished out at the other thread. you can take that to the bank.

Frum simply pointed out a major inconsistency in the behavior of a group member - which is relevant because it goes to character and provides insight into the individuals motives.

Remember when this thread was brought to its knees by the mindless "who invented the MRAP" argument? Remeber when said member on THIS FORUM (not the "Who in Africa is the best at insulting other militaries thread"wink refused to accept evidence to the contrary?

Well now we know why.

rugged7:
YOU want to bring abuse to this thread as well init? angry
What is it with you guys from down under
Do u just derive joy from uncouth behavior or did u just not get breast milk from ur mommy??

Whats the problem?

If I say one thing here and then say the complete opposite on another platform, then you illustrating this to forum members is not an insult - its fact and it demonstrates motive.

So, for example, with myself, if I say the T72 is a P.O.S you know it is because I literally beleive that statement to be true. Whereas, with certain other members they may say that a certain piece of equipment is a P.O.S simply because of the negative-bias they have towards the country who operates it and not due to the quality of the item in question.

Pics unrelated

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (2849) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.