Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:54 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6016851 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2662) (2663) (2664) (2665) (2666) (2667) (2668) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 12:46pm On Oct 06, 2022
1. North Africa is defending against imaginary foes
2. West Africa is busy with Islamists and coup d'etats
3. Southern Africa is boring

...BUT....

4. East Africa is getting lit grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2022
jl115:
we call them vellies short for veldskoen(Bush shoes) .... I got several pairs, great for literally everything, from hunting and hiking to work and church shoes grin
A definition of "fit for all"

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2022
GreenandGold:
A rare picture of the R6/LM6 rifle in the wild... It's one hard rifle to find on the market.

Never been a fan of the .223/5.56 milly. Its power and penetration are so poor its a wonder the US has only just now switched to the 6.8x51 mm. Especially that SB carbine version-what if you bump into a leopard? IIRC,most hunters insist on a minimum of either .275 or .270.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 2:09pm On Oct 06, 2022
Balogunodua:

KOT are very mad grin

Bur on a serious note, what is Tanzanian doing?

These simplistic comparisons are meaningless. How many of those platforms are in working order? How effective is each nations training? What's their respective logistical capacity to support those armaments? I know many of you are addicted to easy reading like Global Firepower but such lists are complete BS.
The DRC is 76 and we're 81;REALLY,NIGGA!? Anyone who's been within shouting distance of both forces for at least an hr will lol!

https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing.php

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 2:43pm On Oct 06, 2022
The ongoing J/Uke situation has blinded us to the Yemen war. Things are even worse for the crypto Zionist Saudis-the Houthis are now attacking oil installations and troops in Jizan and Najran on the border. After all this time the Saudis still haven't learnt the basics-convoy protection and base security are still alien concepts! Notice no HESCO,poor camp hygiene with trash everywhere,no overhead protection......SIGHHHH! Ordinarily I'd sympathise but they started this ishyt and now must bend over til King MBS accepts the obvious and finds and exit ramp-he reminds me of Zelensky though and I doubt his own casualties affects him.i

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfY6OoKCAkI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve0A7Iq2dsw

This looks like an attack on a platoon sized FOB,IDK where. It seems they're Sudanese mercs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEkVI_UCcrg

I told you about GFP BS didn't I? They rank the Saudis at 20-ahead of the J/Ukes, Sweden and RSA at 22,25 and 26 respectively!? Ohh, FK off!

EDIT: The dramatic redesign of Jeddah oil facilities after close Houthi attention late March. I swear I live to hear these dusty warriors chant:

"God is great, death to the U.S., death to Saudi Arabia, death to Israel, curse the Jews, and victory for Islam!"
Is it just me?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2022
NTSA:
In other news Ugandan of Commander land forces Lt. Gen. Muhoozi Kainerugaba says it would take him just two weeks to capture Nairobi grin grin

Btw, I rmbr I recently posted smth on Tutsi tendencies; an arrogance and conceit that makes them both narcissistic and contemptuous of others.
Muhoozi may have exhaling concentrated whisky fumes when he wrote this but it typefies their mentality.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:25pm On Oct 06, 2022
The last time a Ugandan leader challenged one of her neighbours to the east, it didn't end well. Young Muhoozi should ask his father, as M7 was a direct beneficiary.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda%E2%80%93Tanzania_War

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:45pm On Oct 06, 2022
kikuyu1:

NOTHING new! He's got jokes like his dad. Just before the Somalia op kicked off he ishyttalked the KDF.

https://www.monitor.co.ug/uganda/news/national/wikileaks-museveni-discredits-kenya-army-1499718

Like most bullies he overestimates himself while looking down on others. Fyi, he assumes his guerilla warfare tactics used against demoralized undertrained Rwandese, Burundian, Congolese and ex Ugandan army will work against professional militaries.
Btw, his dusty NRA rebels got a monumental arse kicking when they briefly attacked Malaba border town in '87.
As part of the Tutsi plan M7 has ALWAYS wanted a director sea route. His delirious overconfidence led him to try destabilize the Moi gov by sponsoring confused uni kids and he actually attempted military action at Malaba border town late 87.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenyan-Ugandan_border_conflict

That wasn't a KA unit but a police GSU coy that engaged the invaders. It seems Muhoozi has learned the wrong things from his dad's strategic vision- no surprise there!
Which other 5th world country dictator bought 7 Sues and has now grounded them for lack of funds?
Though he is a commisioned officer ,i highly doubt his qualifications.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:13pm On Oct 06, 2022
Of interest to Air Forces flying the C130H variant.

US Air Force Grounds C-130Hs to Examine Propeller Barrel Cracks

More than 100 of the Air Force's C-130 Hercules have stopped flying after the service discovered a crack in a part that holds the propeller and ordered the aircraft to be grounded last week, officials said.

In total, 116 C-130Hs could be affected by the issue, Air Mobility Command spokeswoman Marie Ortiz told Military.com on Tuesday. The issue was first discovered at Robins Air Force Base in Georgia.

"During a post-depot operation engine run check at Warner Robins Air Logistics Complex, the maintenance crew encountered a persistent leak on one of their C-130H propellers," Ortiz said in an emailed statement. "When the propeller assembly was removed and turned into the WR-ALC Prop Shop, a technician noted a crack in the propeller barrel assembly."

Additional inspections showed that two other propeller assemblies also had cracks. This led to the service issuing widespread, one-time mandated inspections on certain C-130H aircraft.

It's not yet clear how long it will take Air Mobility Command to replace the propeller assemblies on the affected C-130Hs.

Similar issues have popped up for the C-130Hs in the past. More than 100 of the cargo aircraft were temporarily removed from service after wing cracks were discovered during routine maintenance in August 2019, Military.com previously reported.

Earlier in 2019, 60 C-130H Hercules aircraft were taken out of service to examine and replace engine propeller blades that inspectors deemed risky because the blades were manufactured before 1971.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/10/04/air-force-grounds-c-130hs-examine-propeller-barrel-cracks.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2022
NTSA:

Though he is a commisioned officer ,i highly doubt his qualifications.
Muhoozi ought to have been court-martialed longtime ago if UPDF was a serious army .I think his demotion will be the first time his is bearing consequences of his own actions ,previously no case has been brought to the UPDF court martial's attention about Muhoozi's behavior as a serving officer.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:41pm On Oct 06, 2022
kikuyu1:

Never been a fan of the .223/5.56 milly. Its power and penetration are so poor its a wonder the US has only just now switched to the 6.8x51 mm. Especially that SB carbine version-what if you bump into a leopard? IIRC,most hunters insist on a minimum of either .275 or .270.

Same here, I'm not a fan of the 5.56mm in open-field engagement... however, this particular one was made for private securities like cash-in-transit companies, and home/business defence where engagement is at a shorter range.

BUT to be honest, I don't think the guy would want to come across a guy wielding an AK or Norinco during his patrol, it would be an unfair fight.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:58pm On Oct 06, 2022
kikuyu1, ntsa and the other Kenyans: What's the latest on Jane Mugo?
And is the private investigations world in Nairobi still the unregulated wild west?

Was tidying up my documentaries folder and came across this again.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 11:59am On Oct 07, 2022
Lurker4Long:
And is the private investigations world in Nairobi still the unregulated wild west?

That woman is a con and a criminal.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
Lurker4Long:

Unregulated as it's in the hands of ex cops who control the biz. Your other question NEEDS some detail.
Early last year at a Naivasha social spot someone pointed her out a nearby table. There was a mutual acquaintance in her circle and I joined them long enough to discover she's a typical Kikuyu woman.
As a Kikuyu I can quickly identify what separates them from say Maasais, Kambas or Somalis. This is often easier than looks as we're a hybrid of EVERYTHING! A pal was once in Fiji and met his uncle's doppelganger; my dad's younger bro has a Cameroonian Fulani twin; I've a long lost Burundian Tutsi bro etc, etc.
- they weaponise their femininity
- are more uptight than others
- money oriented and materialistic, though tbh some say we men are worse and a BA lady identified our shady commercial ways as being due to our Phoenician origin
- their ethics are more situational
- self important to the point of narcissism

Even Oyinbos say the same and on a shady site I once lurked around '09 they were accurately described as "sharks." It's difficult if not impossible to aggregate group behavior using a sole individual but these aren't Normal Human Saffa females like your Swazis , Shangaan, Xhosas and Pondos- someone on another thread said many are gold diggers and I lolled and said "ok."
Whether You're in Europe or Jozi find Kenyans and see if I've lied or even exaggerated slightly.
I could name aunties I KNOW have murdered or attempted to but anecdotes are unhelpful. Let me leave you with this:
[url][https://missionlocal.org/2019/07/anne-kihagi-citys-cruelest-landlord-has-last-of-her-known-san-francisco-properties-wrested-from-her-control//url]

It's unbelievable, hilarious and sad, simultaneously!

After all this she managed to get Black Americans to do battle for her!

That short excursion was to explain why I don't believe Jane- not that I believe our CID.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2022
Confirmed!!!

The 2023 Budget proposal submitted today by President Muhammadu Buhari indicates the Nigerian Air Force will make “additional” payment for 6x T129 ATAK helicopters.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
Bye bye Russia, it was fun while it lasted. cool cool

12 - AH-1Z Attack Helicopters

6 - T-129 ATAK Helicopters

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nigerian army procurement also not bad.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 2:50pm On Oct 07, 2022
The Nigerian army has procured unspecified number of Military Medium Girder Bridge

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2022
I think this bridge will be very useful in terms of logistics structure

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
Balogunodua:

KOT are very mad grin

Bur on a serious note, what is Tanzanian doing?
Tanzania took has invested alot more in air defenses
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 5:34pm On Oct 07, 2022
Lurker4Long:

This is your conceptual problem: superficial analysis does not mean wrong. I could even agree with the thrust of your argument, whilst still pointing out that your analysis is superficial.
Instead of assuming you knew which issue I thought you'd treated superficially, you should have asked which issue and how your analysis was superficial.
Now I understand the defensiveness: you heard "wrong".
How exactly do you think you can explain away the fact that your initial statement was intended to disparage. Calling me naive and a university student. Is that how to point out an issue?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 6:09pm On Oct 07, 2022
GreenandGold:

Same here, I'm not a fan of the 5.56mm in open-field engagement... , this particular one was made for private securities like cash-in-transit companies, and home/business defence where engagement is at a shorter range.

BUT to be honest, I don't think the guy would want to come across a guy wielding an AK or Norinco during his patrol, it would be an unfair fight.

Exactamundo! I rmbr a Convo with one of the lost Saffas (WTF did they go!?) maybe 61Mech or frummie. I asked what happens when 2 properly equipped opposing forces with body armour, LBE and all the ishyt of a national army inf formation blunder into each other;what the military calls a meeting engagement?
One has the 5.56 and the other has the 7.62 NATO.
At typical 500-700 m distance who wins? Btw, ISIS jihadists have been seen with level 3 body armour not just plate carriers.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ArabicBerber(m): 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
GreenandGold:
1. North Africa is defending against imaginary foes
2. West Africa is busy with Islamists and coup d'etats
3. Southern Africa is boring

...BUT....

4. East Africa is getting lit grin grin grin

Isn’t the Horn of Africa; the most malnourished, poverty stricken, and conflicted region on the continent not a part of East Africa? Did they not just add the DRC the most historically bleeped country in Africa into their East African Federation? lipsrsealed

The anglos, Chinese, south Asians, Israelites, and Arabs say high by the way. wink wink wink

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
Faithful007:
How exactly do you think you can explain away the fact that your initial statement was intended to disparage. Calling me naive and a university student. Is that how to point out an issue?
So your naivete and superficial analysis is not just due to you being a university student?
Bully for you!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nigeria air force Alpha jet pilots
#Aggressors

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nigeria air force SOF operator

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
Toju200:
Nigeria air force SOF operator

I keep seeing so many "spec ops" pix I must ask some questions:
-is every serving Naij armed forces member a special operator
- EXACTLY which are the SOF units and the spec ops capable units? There's a difference as the latter like the 75th Ranger rgt usually serve to funnel candidates to Delta
- What is the selection criteria for NA spec ops? IIRC, I've seen Naijjans training in Belarus, P'stan and elsewhere referred to as SOF
-Are there charges for wearing wrong unit patches as in most other armies? Could it be some guys are wrongly identifying themselves as SOF?
-Before unloading more SOF pix pls first list the more Elite combat units ie,the various QRFs, paras, NAF combat rescue etc, etc. In most armies these aren't true SOF but spec ops capable units.
Thanks!

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:58pm On Oct 07, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:58am On Oct 08, 2022
kikuyu1:

I keep seeing so many "spec ops" pix I must ask some questions:
-is every serving Naij armed forces member a special operator
- EXACTLY which are the SOF units and the spec ops capable units? There's a difference as the latter like the 75th Ranger rgt usually serve to funnel candidates to Delta
- What is the selection criteria for NA spec ops? IIRC, I've seen Naijjans training in Belarus, P'stan and elsewhere referred to as SOF
-Are there charges for wearing wrong unit patches as in most other armies? Could it be some guys are wrongly identifying themselves as SOF?
-Before unloading more SOF pix pls first list the more Elite combat units ie,the various QRFs, paras, NAF combat rescue etc, etc. In most armies these aren't true SOF but spec ops capable units.
Thanks!
okay SOF units in Nigeria
NASFC
Nigeria air force SOF (Panthers)
Nigeria navy SBS
Nigeria navy special operations forces (CNS intends to create them different from the SBS)
DHQSOF(Phantoms)
The guy i posted is a NAF SOF (panther)
Have i answered you?

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:49am On Oct 08, 2022
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2022
Toju200:
okay SOF units in Nigeria
NASFC
Nigeria air force SOF (Panthers)
Nigeria navy SBS
Nigeria navy special operations forces (CNS intends to create them different from the SBS)
DHQSOF(Phantoms)
The guy i posted is a NAF SOF (panther)
Have i answered you?
There are at least (3) Dedicated SF Brigades that the ONSA pays for their Maintenance and upkeep separate from the NA.
Not all NA personnel actually qualify to be
SF .
The NA/NA/NN
Also have a dedicated SOHC that combines ****

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2022
Nigerian MSU operators

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2662) (2663) (2664) (2665) (2666) (2667) (2668) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.