Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,264 members, 7,853,310 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:10 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6019655 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (2851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
frumentius:

1) I wasn't involved with Amani II so I stand to be corrected;
2) The Exercise had generally 2 concepts of operations: Rapid deployment(RD) and the African Stand-by Force (ASF) deployment with various scenarios;
3) RD was comprised of the countries who have volunteered to be part of ACIRC who then spend their own resources - Nigeria is not part of this;
4) The ASF is the AU regional brigades who are supposed to follow an RD; depending on the region, these are either self-funded, AU-funded, EU-funded etc;

On a strategic level, the Nigerians had command of the ECOWAS Brigade and the rotating AU military commander charged with overseeing all regional brigades for the AU is a retired Nigerian General. These are the guys who came here ahead of everyone else so they could be trained to use the Chaka C2 system used to run the Exercise.

Also, Nigeria was one of the countries which volunteered to offer both strategic and tactical airlift. All the command elements responsible for this also had to undergo Chaka training.

Not to strike a sour note, but this must be mentioned: SA, Nigeria, Algeria, Angola are the only countries that paid their own way. Which is quite shameful for our continent.

Cool, thanks for the in-depth reply, I was wondering.

Shameful or not, i think we need the extra cash. Even in Nato, the U.S contributes up to 80% of all resources deployed by members of the treaty.

Again despite the shame of Mali, even the French had to be bailed out by UK, American, Dutch, Danish et al C-130s & C-17s.

Amani Africa is an important first step, despite the funding issues, have you ever seen African armies coming together in a single military exercise?

I mean and ecstatic by it all.... And the prospects moving forward look promising & "nutritional"!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 12, 2015
frumentius:
A South African LED helmet tracking system, in what BAe is marketing as one of the world's best helmets!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRJNqLBWOQY&feature=youtu.be

"Isn't that the Strike II HMD?". No question it's a pretty advanced system.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 12, 2015
ocelot2006:

Wow!! Army Special Forces have truly evolved smiley . The Beryl was definitely a great choice.

They are even looking much better than the Navy. So evolved.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 9:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
#Nigeria #Army #CTCOIN #Lafiyadole #Bokoharam

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 9:04pm On Nov 12, 2015
frumentius:

You're aware "Tacticool" is not a compliment, right?
Seriously though, your guys need to work on the comms set-up. You're ahead of SA on the integrated knee-guards
It is due to lack of funding for project African warrior.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2015
Henry240:

"Isn't that the Cobra HMD?". No question it's a pretty advanced system.
It is not.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 9:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
Patchesagain:

Frum

One thing I noticed from the display (and other exercises) is that we keep our formations veeery close together... the Moto Inf assault and the Mech assault seemed veery tight esp in comparison to the Angolans who opened up the display

I get it... Angolans were light Inf skirmishing... we deployed Moto Inf and kept them close maximise firepower over a small frontage

But what is the ROE with regards to spacing... While I was watching it, i was thinking "one good MRLS strike and we lose half a battalion"
Firebelt tactic?

Strike during a contact? Rather be concerned with mortars.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
MikeCZAR:
It is not.
Mumu,
My bad, it's a Strike II.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:16am On Nov 13, 2015
asorockweb:

" why do the Nigerian infantry not maintain regulation safe distances behind the EOD guys? "

You forget that the person that took the photo is AHEAD of the EOD guys! It's a photo op. The guy on the follow-up APC is on his cellie!

lol
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:17am On Nov 13, 2015
Henry240:

"Tacticool" is a word i picked up from following the now defunct militaryphotos.net over the years.

It's a word used to describe soldiers in full tactical gear, just to say the guy looks cool. It's in the same manner i describe men who look "Tacticool".

- I can't say that Nigeria's comms set-up requires additional improvement, I'm not privy to the data as regards military wide comms, but i know it's very much improved.

-The Personal Role Radios Nigeria special forces carry is a significant boost to general comms advancement in the military.

- The integrated Knee pads are just beautiful!

FYI "tacticool" is an underhand insult these days
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:20am On Nov 13, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Firebelt tactic?

Strike during a contact? Rather be concerned with mortars.

mortars, arty... anything really
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 5:46am On Nov 13, 2015
Patchesagain:

mortars, arty... anything really
Such formations are ordered during contact with the enemy.
Arty is mostly used to soften up the target prior to the ground attack.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 13, 2015
#Nigeria COIN

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 7:58am On Nov 13, 2015
Henry240:
#Nigeria COIN

#best and tested SF! Nice pics
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 13, 2015
Warning, Graphic content

Nigeria COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 13, 2015
Nigeria COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 13, 2015
Amani Africa II

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 13, 2015
Amani Africa

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 13, 2015
More Amani Africa II

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 11:49am On Nov 13, 2015
Henry240:
#Nigeria COIN

i'm so loving this cheesy . Seems there's been a lot of modern Russian Spetznas/FSB influence with respect to our Army Special Forces' tactical gear. Sweet cheesy

Army looking like operatives from the Russian FSB Alpha unit

Navy SBS looking like British SAS with their jet black tactical gear.

I really wish the Police ATS/CTU force can adopt the FAST helmet and the PCUs also.

The Nigerian SOCOM has truly evolved.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 13, 2015
Over at the Dubai Air Show, someone from Denel wasn't paying attention and the journos had a lot of fun grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
bidexiii:

Looking at both pictures I think they av the same shape/design?

The problem is that nowadays these sniper/anti-materiel rifles all look the same. Check out this gallery:
http://www.truvelo.co.za/armoury/gallery
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:27pm On Nov 13, 2015
frumentius:

The problem is that nowadays these sniper/anti-materiel rifles all look the same. Check out this gallery:
http://www.truvelo.co.za/armoury/gallery

Yeap they r almost d same; but there is a difference btw the barrel and the main body of the gun ; frm the link u posted the barrel and the body r separated at the bipod area, where the jng 90 main body and barrel are from the same body?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 3:37pm On Nov 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
Namibian Army Agralle Marrua Accident yesterday...Resulted in the death of one soldier

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
gottfried21:
Namibian Army Agralle Marrua Accident yesterday...Resulted in the death of one soldier

That's one less 3/4-ton pickup truck Marrua we have...RIP to the service member cry ...Any info out yet on our deployment to Amani Africa II
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2015
ViceAdmiral:

That's one less 3/4-ton pickup truck Marrua we have...RIP to the service member cry ...Any info out yet on our deployment to Amani Africa II
Doesn't look all to bad(being hopeful) I mean the chassis is still intact undecided I'm sure the guys at WMF will be able to "fix" it...someone spotted them towing it via flatbed truck to Windhoek...so fingers crossed...R.I.P to the young soldier....I'm in the dark on that one
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
gottfried21:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MccWQcRqpM4
AMANI Africa II
It's three hours long grin
Enjoy

Thanks for this video sir.

Poor training from the African forces, real poor weak training, no stuff at all.....looks more like an army ceremonial parade !

South Africa should have organized something better, most armies like Uganda, Kenya, Algeria, Nigeria and Angola that are used to fighting real wars will gain nothing from this kind of shows, real war is 100 time tougher than the child's play done at AMANI Africa II.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 5:20pm On Nov 13, 2015
Nigeria Army chief with troops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAog8ViYYy0
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
agaugust:

Thanks for this video sir.

Poor training from the African forces, real poor weak training, no stuff at all.....looks more like an army ceremonial parade !

South Africa should have organized something better, most armies like Uganda, Kenya, Algeria, Nigeria and Angola that are used to fighting real wars will gain nothing from this kind of shows, real war is 100 time tougher than the child's play done at AMANI Africa II.
Guessing they should have 2 opposing forces, each with live ammunition and just start shooting at each other.....would that be real enough for you?

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
jln115:

Guessing they should have 2 opposing forces, each with live ammunition and just start shooting at each other.....would that be real enough for you?

He also doesn't know that South Africa did not organise anything. We simply offered the Lohatla CTC, our Combat & Control infrastructure as well as equipment and troops.
This was an AU Exercise whose Director was a retired Nigerian general with scenarios drawn up by the AU Peace and Security Council. Then again what do you expect from someone who doesn't know how artillery works.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (2851) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.