Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,267 members, 7,860,624 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:26 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6028760 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 7:47pm On Nov 11, 2015
Fynline:
I.E.D clearing

Damn!
Those IEDs are made from cluster bombs.... angry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 7:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
Fynline:
I.E.D clearing

These bokos are Bleep en crazy, see how they dished cluster bombs. Even the dish it's self becomes shrapnels on exploding! shocked
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
Defence Headquarters Nigeria

NIGERIA MILITARY TO ENJOY MORE SUPPORT FROM GERMANY
Nigerian Armed Forces has continued to generate more support from the Western world and world leaders in the fight against insurgency. The latest support being, from the Federal Republic of Germany. A German Advisory Team in charge of military equipment and programme paid courtesy call on the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) at the Defence Headquarters, Abuja.
Speaking during the courtesy call, the Team Leader, Colonel Thomas Brillisauer said that the aim of the visit was to discuss new areas of support in the fight against insurgency in the country. According to him, Nigeria has been a reliable partner therefore there is the need to support her by prolonging and increasing the military relationship for the future of both countries. It would be noted that the German military are the sole trainers of the Armed Forces Electronic and Mechatronics Engineering (AFEME) Workshop and School.
Describing the engagement of the two countries as very cordial, Colonel Brillisauer stated that the German government is ever ready and willing to improve on the existing relationship by wading into the current needs of the Nigerian Armed Forces in the ongoing war on terrorism which is different from other form of support on its bilateral relation. These include Medical Centre to cater for the treatment of war victims for the injured and traumatized, Military Mechanical Units, establishment of Peace Keeping Centre and Training in Counter Explosive Device (IED), Capacity Building and Training of Medical Personnel amongst others. This he said would increase the country’s footprint in Nigeria.
The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) represented by Defence Chief of Policy and Plans, Air Vice Marshal Umar Omeiza describe both countries as partners in progress. He noted that the long standing relationship between the countries has yielded positive impact in the upgrading and establishment of Armed Forces Electrical Mechatronics Engineering workshop and school (AFEME). He therefore commended the German government on the proposed programme to support the military and expressed optimism that Nigeria would get out of the present security challenges and continue to exert its influence among the comity of nations.
It would be recalled that countries like the United States of America, Great Britain, Korea, Pakistan, India among others have thrown their weights behind Nigeria in support of counter insurgency operations.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2015
Mil-MIL

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 11, 2015
Fynline:
I.E.D clearing

The insurgency in the N.E is just damn too dangerous. I mean, the whole place looks bobby-trapped.

God save our soldiers. We need to rapidly develop local solutions to deal with this IED threat.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 11, 2015
Nigeria COIN

Bidexiii, what vehicle is this?

Vehicle I.D.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
Henry240:
Nigeria COIN

Bidexiii, what vehicle is this?

Vehicle I.D.

That's an INKAS LAV/APC.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 3:45am On Nov 12, 2015
Henry240:

JNG-90 is a normal sniper rifle. The sniper rifle the soldier is carrying is far more different.
Nah, it's JNG-90 not the AW-50, the AW-50 looks more like an SV-98
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 3:55am On Nov 12, 2015
rugged7:

Damn!
Those IEDs are made from cluster bombs.... angry
Which is exactly what NAF needs when bombarding boko that attack in huge numbers and we all know what cluster bombs are made for, have u guys seen the havoc cluster bombs are wrecking in Syria?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 12, 2015
Beautiful video from Amani Africa II and as per usual, Defenceweb has so many beautiful photos of the exercise. Link already posted by Frum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqQlEqC028
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 10:15am On Nov 12, 2015
Henry240:
Beautiful video from Amani Africa II and as per usual, Defenceweb has so many beautiful photos of the exercise. Link already posted by Frum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqQlEqC028

South Africa edited out of the report

Weird since the charge by Rooikatte and Rooivalk was the highlight of the event
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 12, 2015
Patchesagain:

It's a Nigerian news channel. It's understandable that Nigeria would feature the most in the report, however there was significant show of fireworks from the Rooivalk in the report.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 11:06am On Nov 12, 2015
Patchesagain:

lol...SMDH.
This chappie really carries a chip on his shoulders sha
It's a bleeping local Nigerian TV with an eye for a Nigerian angle to the Nigerian troops that attended an exercise...
Pray, what additional information on south africa would have made u happy
The Rooivalk and all the APC's and terrain was not enough for u, innit?
Look blood, everything is not a bleeping competition!
CHILL the bleep out.
God help all africans-white, black,brown,purple and green, our brain densities and parochial outlook is an impediment to progress

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 11:18am On Nov 12, 2015
#Nigeria #Army #CTCOIN #Lafiyadole #NorthEast #bokoharam

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 12, 2015
Patchesagain:

In all fairness, coverage from participating countries has focused on their national contribution. There is also that 3-hour video by the SABC which, SA being the host, featured everybody.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 12, 2015
rugged7:
#Nigeria #Army #CTCOIN #Lafiyadole #NorthEast #bokoharam

Ist pic: the Arabs should learn from this - do not deploy tanks without infantry.

Last pic: in most of the pics I've seen, why do the Nigerian infantry not maintain regulation safe distances behind the EOD guys?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
Amani Africa II

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
frumentius:

Ist pic: the Arabs should learn from this - do not deploy tanks without infantry.

Last pic: in most of the pics I've seen, why do the Nigerian infantry not maintain regulation safe distances behind the EOD guys?

You r right man; tanks without infantry support are sitting docks for the enemy to come and screw with!

For the EOD officers who do not keep safe distance it's not really professional, but I think those guys av mastered and understand BH I.E.D's nature? cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
rugged7:

lol...SMDH.
This chappie really carries a chip on his shoulders sha
It's a bleeping local Nigerian TV with an eye for a Nigerian angle to the Nigerian troops that attended an exercise...
Pray, what additional information on south africa would have made u happy
The Rooivalk and all the APC's and terrain was not enough for u, innit?
Look blood, everything is not a bleeping competition!
CHILL the bleep out.
God help all africans-white, black,brown,purple and green, our brain densities and parochial outlook is an impediment to progress

can you calm down for a second?

I simply pointed out that the HIGHLIGHT of the even, something not even I have seen before, was excluded

Good lord

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
Henry240:
Amani Africa II

Frum

One thing I noticed from the display (and other exercises) is that we keep our formations veeery close together... the Moto Inf assault and the Mech assault seemed veery tight esp in comparison to the Angolans who opened up the display

I get it... Angolans were light Inf skirmishing... we deployed Moto Inf and kept them close maximise firepower over a small frontage

But what is the ROE with regards to spacing... While I was watching it, i was thinking "one good MRLS strike and we lose half a battalion"
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
bidexiii:

For the EOD officers who do not keep safe distance it's not really professional, but I think those guys av mastered and understand BH I.E.D's nature? cool

Until the BH fvckers evolve. Your NCOs should stamp this out post-haste.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2015
Patchesagain:

Frum

One thing I noticed from the display (and other exercises) is that we keep our formations veeery close together... the Moto Inf assault and the Mech assault seemed veery tight esp in comparison to the Angolans who opened up the display

I get it... Angolans were light Inf skirmishing... we deployed Moto Inf and kept them close maximise firepower over a small frontage

But what is the ROE with regards to spacing... While I was watching it, i was thinking "one good MRLS strike and we lose half a battalion"

Like any 21st century military, the media beast has to be fed. We're still not doing this optimally. For example, we could make an Oryx available exclusively for photographers. Then tele-zoom lenses could be used to capture the actual battle formation and spacing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
frumentius:

Until the BH fvckers evolve. Your NCOs should stamp this out post-haste.

Frum,

What role did the Nigerian contingent play in Amani II ? Asides Airlift operations i haven't seen anything much from the Nigerian participation.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
Tacticool!

A tacticool looking Nigerian Army Special forces soldier clutching a micro- Beryl.

I love the new uniforms, especially these ones that come with knee-guards. The Personal role radios are also nice.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
Henry240:

Frum,

What role did the Nigerian contingent play in Amani II ? Asides Airlift operations i haven't seen anything much from the Nigerian participation.
1) I wasn't involved with Amani II so I stand to be corrected;
2) The Exercise had generally 2 concepts of operations: Rapid deployment(RD) and the African Stand-by Force (ASF) deployment with various scenarios;
3) RD was comprised of the countries who have volunteered to be part of ACIRC who then spend their own resources - Nigeria is not part of this;
4) The ASF is the AU regional brigades who are supposed to follow an RD; depending on the region, these are either self-funded, AU-funded, EU-funded etc;

On a strategic level, the Nigerians had command of the ECOWAS Brigade and the rotating AU military commander charged with overseeing all regional brigades for the AU is a retired Nigerian General. These are the guys who came here ahead of everyone else so they could be trained to use the Chaka C2 system used to run the Exercise.

Also, Nigeria was one of the countries which volunteered to offer both strategic and tactical airlift. All the command elements responsible for this also had to undergo Chaka training.

Not to strike a sour note, but this must be mentioned: SA, Nigeria, Algeria, Angola are the only countries that paid their own way. Which is quite shameful for our continent.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
frumentius:
Not to strike a sour note, but this must be mentioned: SA, Nigeria, Algeria, Angola are the only countries that paid their own way. Which is quite shameful for our continent.

Of course I'm referring to those countries that had substantial participants. Countries like Egypt and Ethiopia, for example, can very well claim they paid their own way, but sending a dozen staff officers does not count, in my opinion. grin

N.B. A mate tells me the strategic/tactical airlift countries also participated in the RD deployment: ACIRC SF, Paras and Air Assault utilised SA and Nigerian C-130s; Algerian and Angolan Il-76 participated in the tactical deployment of light and heavy combat elements of ACIRC.

N.N.B. So many senior officers experiencing first-hand how an African-focused Command and Control system aids their efficiency on the battlefield can only mean more Chaka orders!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
frumentius:
N.N.B. So many senior officers experiencing first-hand how an African-focused Command and Control system aids their efficiency on the battlefield can only mean more Chaka orders!

The advantages of Lohatla Combat Training Centre: one of only 10 such places on the planet where one can mount both strategic and tactical aspects of an Exercise simultaneously. cool

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
Henry240:
Tacticool!

A tacticool looking Nigerian Army Special forces soldier clutching a micro- Beryl.

I love the new uniforms, especially these ones that come with knee-guards. The Personal role radios are also nice.

You're aware "Tacticool" is not a compliment, right?
Seriously though, your guys need to work on the comms set-up. You're ahead of SA on the integrated knee-guards
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2015
A South African LED helmet tracking system, in what BAe is marketing as one of the world's best helmets!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRJNqLBWOQY&feature=youtu.be
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2015
Henry240:
Tacticool!

Wow!! Army Special Forces have truly evolved smiley . The Beryl was definitely a great choice.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by asorockweb: 6:24pm On Nov 12, 2015
frumentius:

" why do the Nigerian infantry not maintain regulation safe distances behind the EOD guys? "

You forget that the person that took the photo is AHEAD of the EOD guys! It's a photo op. The guy on the follow-up APC is on his cellie!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
frumentius:

You're aware "Tacticool" is not a compliment, right?
Seriously though, your guys need to work on the comms set-up. You're ahead of SA on the integrated knee-guards

"Tacticool" is a word i picked up from following the now defunct militaryphotos.net over the years.

It's a word used to describe soldiers in full tactical gear, just to say the guy looks cool. It's in the same manner i describe men who look "Tacticool".

- I can't say that Nigeria's comms set-up requires additional improvement, I'm not privy to the data as regards military wide comms, but i know it's very much improved.

-The Personal Role Radios Nigeria special forces carry is a significant boost to general comms advancement in the military.

- The integrated Knee pads are just beautiful!

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: harjorlarh(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.