Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,524 members, 7,854,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:17 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2691) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6021263 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2688) (2689) (2690) (2691) (2692) (2693) (2694) ... (2851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 7:48am On Nov 13, 2022
Odunayaw:
grin I had to pick the most outrageous one especially since it concerns Nigeria
well I would say both are equally outrageous grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:27am On Nov 13, 2022
Crude Oil Theft: Nigerian Navy Ships including NNS Oji Take Over Rogue Vessel in Equatorial Guinea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjF0QwCVN94

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:38am On Nov 13, 2022
MT Heroic Idun vessel came to Nigeria to steal crude oil from Nigeria, accosted by Nigerian Navy Ship Gongola the ship raised a false piracy alarm in a country that has not experienced Piracy attacks in the last 12 months. The ship evaded arrest and escaped to Equatorial Guinea shores.

Thanks to the Yaounde Accord as long as you are in the Gulf of Guinea the Nigerian Navy can arrest you.

The Ship is on its way to Nigeria,Crew arrested.

Kudos to the Nigerian government.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 11:39am On Nov 13, 2022
kabe1:

You pick up figures from Wikipedia and post on this thread.

You claimed the F-35 is slow, so I'm asking you an aircraft that's flies nearly 2 times the speed of sound, would you consider that aircraft slow ?

"The F-35, while not technically a “supercruising” aircraft, can maintain Mach 1.2 for a dash of 242km without using fuel-gulping afterburners."

The other aircrafts you mentioned need afterburners to fly supersonic.

So which aircraft is faster?

I'm sure you clearly understood what I meant. You just want to continue arguing. With their afterburners, the older aircrafts still have max speeds higher than the F35. The reasons the F35 was designed to fly supersonic without afterburners were to reduce cost and to reduce the chances of being hit by MANPADS.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:53am On Nov 13, 2022
Faithful007:
I'm sure you clearly understood what I meant. You just want to continue arguing. With their afterburners, the older aircrafts still have max speeds higher than the F35. The reasons the F35 was designed to fly supersonic without afterburners were to reduce cost and to reduce the chances of being hit by MANPADS.

You cannot claim an aircraft is faster than another if we don't know their cruising speed.

Afterburners gulp a lot of fuel, fighters do not always use them. As such a cruising speed is the best metric to know how fast or which aircraft flies faster.

In this case the F-35 flies supersonic without the use of afterburners. For the other aircrafts you mentioned, they need afterburners to fly supersonic, and this for shot periods or it's Bingo time.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2022
kabe1:

I agree with you on the data processing of the F-35, no aircraft comes close.

Where I disagree with you is on dogfighting in modern warfare. While BVR engagements will continue to advance the war in Ukraine is the most modern conflict since the Korean war.

We have seen both BVR and dogfighting aerial engagement between aircrafts, we have seen EW, SEAD and NOE engagement and flying respectively by all aircrafts engaged in this conflict.

We have seen the importance of artillery, guided shells and guided rocket artillery in this conflict too. From a neutral stand point, there's so much to learn for observing military commanders.

On foreign military bases, I'm on the fence. There are merits and demerits of having foreign military bases on home soil.

My primary demerit is ease of foreign interference in local politics.

The benefits are also great, your forces train regularly with first rate militaries. With overall increase in professionalism, better equipment for troops and updated operational SOPs.

The truth is that most military personnel care less about politics. The US military almost works like a country of its own. Most US agencies are more independent than you might believe. They're just there to do their job.

How interference works usually is that the CIA or KGB or MSS will recruit agents, usually indigenous people, and gain info from them or tell them what to do. For example, if the CIA identifies a Nigerian politician as a threat to Nigerian democracy. The first step is to recruit relevant Nigerian agents/assets and use them to edge that person out of power into irrelevance. Another less secretive method is to have embassy officials lobby politicians to cut off the identified subject from a path to power. Lastly, the one everyone has heard of is propaganda. Tarnishing that person's reputation. This is usually the last resort.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2022
Charges against the Rouge MT Heroic Idun.

Entering the restricted zone around an oil field without authorisation;

Illegally attempting to load crude oil from Nigeria without appropriate documentation, which is tantamount to economic sabotage;

Falsely accusing a Nigerian Navy Ship of piracy on international maritime reporting platforms."
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:04pm On Nov 13, 2022
Nigerian army Dong Feng Mengshi CSK-131 Armoured Tactical Vehicle

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:21pm On Nov 13, 2022
Spanish Navy ship visits Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 3:43pm On Nov 13, 2022
kabe1:

You cannot claim an aircraft is faster than another if we don't know their cruising speed.

Afterburners gulp a lot of fuel, fighters do not always use them. As such a cruising speed is the best metric to know how fast or which aircraft flies faster.

In this case the F-35 flies supersonic without the use of afterburners. For the other aircrafts you mentioned, they need afterburners to fly supersonic, and this for shot periods or it's Bingo time.
Bruh all fighters cruise at subsonic speeds, around the same speed as a private jet. However they are not transport aircraft that are rated by cruise speeds. Going from place to place is not the primary job of a fighter. They are usually known by top speed and not cruise speed.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:48pm On Nov 13, 2022
Faithful007:
Bruh all fighters cruise at subsonic speeds, around the same speed as a private jet. However they are not transport aircraft that are rated by cruise speeds. Going from place to place is not the primary job of a fighter. They are usually known by top speed and not cruise speed.

Let's agree to disagree.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Mzal3ndo(m): 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Just because the F35 JSF is a poorly maneuverable and dogfighter, doesn't mean that art is dying. The F22 raptors are gonna be in service past 2060 they're not getting retired any soon.

We talk as we don't remember what happened in the Vietnam War. How the first F 4 phantoms to arrive came without cannons. How the United States airforce presumed that the advent of the jet fighter had killed the dogfight culture.
We're presuming again. We're thinking that sixth gen fighters will change the battle field totally.

We don't get to understand that regardless that BVR warfare is being advanced day by day, BVR is just a part of air battle itself. It's just the first stage. What happens when an F35 misses his missile launch on a J20 and gets in contact? What happens when the missile won't launch because it's close range?
The F35s get toasted like F4 phantoms at the early stages of the Vietnam war.

I don't believe there was any air to air missile with atleast 70 to 80 percent success rate. The probability of combat to only stay at the BVR level is totally unassured.
I have noticed that people are confusing between the future state of areal warfare and how the US plans to fight future warfare. The heavy emphasis on BVR is how the US plans to fight future warfare not how the future of warfare is going to be. To better understand this lets look at the US and Russia development of it 5th gen fighters. The US is banking on making their fighters as stealthy as possible to greatly reduce detection range and the reaction time by the enemy. And from what we have seen in previous wars, they greatly rely on achieving air superiority before committing boots on the ground on any large scale so the ability of not being detected is very important to them. Russia on the other hand has a very defensive oriented fighting doctrine which they adopted after the fall of the USSR, unlike the US which relies on jets for deep penetration strikes, Russia is using long range missiles instead. Thus, Ru is building jets that have great dog fighting ability and some stealth characters that they will be stealth enough to the distance that BVR won't have a great impact on the battle field. Also development of long range AAM to be able to take out large slow targets such as AWACS to reduce the amount of information that the modern US fighters can have and tankers to reduce the amount of reach that US fighters will have. Plus, Russia has a large network of L- Band radars that can spot incoming f-22 and f-35. After spotting the f-57 will be sent and since it will be stealthy the distance untill detection by and incoming f-35 will be greatly reduced to the point maybe and I i insist maybe the SU-57 IRST can make and impact. That's I sometimes get bothered when people say that the SU-57 isn't as stealthy as the f-35 or f-22 cause they are built for two completely opposite purposes.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2022
Mzal3ndo:

I have noticed that people are confusing between the future state of areal warfare and how the US plans to fight future warfare. The heavy emphasis on BVR is how the US plans to fight future warfare not how the future of warfare is going to be. To better understand this lets look at the US and Russia development of it 5th gen fighters. The US is banking on making their fighters as stealthy as possible to greatly reduce detection range and the reaction time by the enemy. And from what we have seen in previous wars, they greatly rely on achieving air superiority before committing boots on the ground on any large scale so the ability of not being detected is very important to them. Russia on the other hand has a very defensive oriented fighting doctrine which they adopted after the fall of the USSR, unlike the US which relies on jets for deep penetration strikes, Russia is using long range missiles instead. Thus, Ru is building jets that have great dog fighting ability and some stealth characters that they will be stealth enough to the distance that BVR won't have a great impact on the battle field. Also development of long range AAM to be able to take out large slow targets such as AWACS to reduce the amount of information that the modern US fighters can have and tankers to reduce the amount of reach that US fighters will have. Plus, Russia has a large network of L- Band radars that can spot incoming f-22 and f-35. After spotting the f-57 will be sent and since it will be stealthy the distance untill detection by and incoming f-35 will be greatly reduced to the point maybe and I i insist maybe the SU-57 IRST can make and impact. That's I sometimes get bothered when people say that the SU-57 isn't as stealthy as the f-35 or f-22 cause they are built for two completely opposite purposes.

That's a lie, the US is not planning its future fighters to engage in BVR but the opposite, within visual range

Future US fighters will be armed with directed energy weapons, lazers, their range is limited so dogfighting will be be back, kinda like WW1.

Drones are the ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFff1s41JmU

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 5:27pm On Nov 13, 2022
QuietMynd:

..... lie and they always overblow the immigrants issue in the country. I even doubt they have more immigrant than Nigeria.

Again, statistics and facts don't care about your feelings.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithti(m): 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2022
kabe1:
Nigerian army Dong Feng Mengshi CSK-131 Armoured Tactical Vehicle
looks like VAB clone
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 7:06pm On Nov 13, 2022
kdf corps of signals

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 8:44pm On Nov 13, 2022
Faithful007:

Thank you for this point
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2022
Chadian army Air Defense Systems

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 11:20pm On Nov 13, 2022
GreenandGold:

Again, statistics and facts don't care about your feelings.
Lmao, these re documented ones bro,
U don't want to imagine the non documented ones.
Illegal immigration into Nigeria have existed for centuries, even before colonization.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 10:13am On Nov 14, 2022
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 12:21pm On Nov 14, 2022
kdf in Goma

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2022
QuietMynd:

Lmao, these re documented ones bro,
U don't want to imagine the non documented ones.
Illegal immigration into Nigeria have existed for centuries, even before colonization.

So you think I sent you data of undocumented immigrants? Bro, you have no idea, half of Zimbabwe is in South Africa illegally, even Nigerians who came to "watch the world cup" in 2010 are still here dodging the law.

... Just to summarise immigration for you, i know no African who migrated to Nigeria, I know a 1000 who came to South Africa.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2022
Oil Theft: Navy Retrieves Rogue Vessel, Arraigns Crew On A 3-Count Charge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU0aAFzKrzw

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2022
Crew of MT Heroic Idun, the Rouge Vessel in court in Port-Harcourt today.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2022
NNS Oji

Locally made Nigerian Navy Vessel in Equitorial Guinea effecting an arrest on MT Heroic Idun.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2022
NNS Oji

Seaward Defence Boat 3

Proudly designed, built and commissioned into service in the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2022
GreenandGold:

So you think I sent you data of undocumented immigrants? Bro, you have no idea, half of Zimbabwe is in South Africa illegally, even Nigerians who came to "watch the world cup" in 2010 are still here dodging the law.

... Just to summarise immigration for you, i know no African who migrated to Nigeria, I know a 1000 who came to South Africa.
Just shut up Bush man.
You don't know any african who migrated to Nigeria, I don't expect you to know of any.
Just face southafrican issue nd we re good.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 6:36pm On Nov 14, 2022
GreenandGold:

You are so childish, you live in South Africa or Nigeria? how will you know those that migrated to Nigeria

[ I know a 1000 who came to South Africa.]

You are proudly foolish

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 6:37pm On Nov 14, 2022
I came across this

Czech Republic Flies Upgraded Albatros Aircraft to Nigeria

Czech-based company Aero Vodochody has delivered three L-39ZA Albatros aircraft after a two-year overhaul to Kano, Nigeria.

Ordered by the Nigerian Army, the upgrade involves an Electronic Flight Instrument System to display flight data in the aircraft’s cockpit.

The planes will assist operators in training with a fully-digital capability before flying the army’s JF-17 Thunder combat fleet.

Nigeria is the fifth customer to opt for the complete repair and update of aging L-39 Albatros planes.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:46pm On Nov 14, 2022
MAN1960:
I came across this

Czech Republic Flies Upgraded Albatros Aircraft to Nigeria

Czech-based company Aero Vodochody has delivered three L-39ZA Albatros aircraft after a two-year overhaul to Kano, Nigeria.

Ordered by the Nigerian Army, the upgrade involves an Electronic Flight Instrument System to display flight data in the aircraft’s cockpit.

The planes will assist operators in training with a fully-digital capability before flying the army’s JF-17 Thunder combat fleet.

Nigeria is the fifth customer to opt for the complete repair and update of aging L-39 Albatros planes.

since na
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 6:59pm On Nov 14, 2022
MAN1960:

You are so childish, you live in South Africa or Nigeria? how will you know those that migrated to Nigeria

[ I know a 1000 who came to South Africa.]

You are proudly foolish
its a pretty well known fact that South Africa has by far the most African migrants on the continent.... Don't be ignorant, facts don't care about your feelings

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:09pm On Nov 14, 2022
kabe1:
Crew of MT Heroic Idun, the Rouge Vessel in court in Port-Harcourt today.
Faithful007 how far? No kudos

(1) (2) (3) ... (2688) (2689) (2690) (2691) (2692) (2693) (2694) ... (2851) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.