Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,579 members, 7,847,446 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:36 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2688) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6010180 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2685) (2686) (2687) (2688) (2689) (2690) (2691) ... (2849) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 4:57pm On Nov 09, 2022
Faithful007:
Finally an "F22 raptor" SE is available for those on a budget grin
undecided undecided undecided
Wats this thirst for stealth high end platform.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2022
QuietMynd:

If they later come 4 u, hope u won't scream blue murder.

The young niggas, you mean? Let them! They know where you I am! Come to think of it they've been wayyyy quiet these past few hrs. Maybe, [b]just maybe [/b]they're offline in the real world looking for a Sanchi and that magical place to take her instead of 24/7 ululating about non existent J/Uke wins or Naij Mopol mechanics posing as Special Forces Olympics.
I hope so!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by IGpro1(m): 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2022
kikuyu1:

The young niggas, you mean? Let them! They know where you I am! Come to think of it they've been wayyyy quiet these past few hrs. Maybe, [b]just maybe [/b]they're offline in the real world looking for a Sanchi and that magical place to take her instead of 24/7 ululating about non existent J/Uke wins or Naij Mopol mechanics posing as Special Forces Olympics.
I hope so!

why do you disturb yourself with another country's AF?
Rather than post half naked women why not drop one picture of your military here,that relates to the thread topic.
I think you are actually the most jobless and annoying poster here.

You have enough starving and dieing kids in Turkana to worry about.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:57pm On Nov 09, 2022
QuietMynd:

If they later come 4 u, hope u won't scream blue murder.
Comrade wey just resubscribe him Canadian loud
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2022
IGpro1:
Rather than post half naked women why not drop one picture of your military here,that relates to the thread topic.

The only good thing about it is that I had a sigh of relief

Local man was only about aliens & mysterious revelations

It's good to know his soldier salutes to Eve's daughters

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by IGpro1(m): 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2022
Odunayaw:
The only good thing about it is that I had a sigh of relief

It's good to know his soldier salutes to Eve's daughters
grin grin his quire behaviour is that of one deprived of that kind of pleasure.

He is really leading a very lonely and painful life. To him everything is a conspiracy.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2022
kikuyu1:

Ruto is a go getter. The ex prez was always lazy and liked whisky too much to be a true performer despite being exposed,educated and smart. WTF is he attending ANC conferences? Btw,any rumours of his sobriety at these conferences?
Finally, visa-free travel to SA for Kenyans! Took us long enough to reciprocate.
Stats prove that of all Commonwealth African countries, Kenyans are least likely to overstay on their business, tourist and student visas in SA.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2022
SANDF help recover crashed UN UAV in the DRC

The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) has helped recover a crashed Falco Evo unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) operated by the United Nations Stabilisation Mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo (Monusco).

The aircraft (UN897) came down in Virunga National Park on 4 November but thanks to the deployment of a ballistic parachute, landed with minimal damage.

South African National Defence Force (SANDF) soldiers deployed with Monusco helped recover the aircraft, which was subsequently loaded into a net and transported by a South African Air Force (SAAF) Oryx helicopter back to Beni.

Lieutenant General Marcos de Sá Affonso da Costa, Monusco Force Commander, said on his official Twitter account that he was grateful to the military unit that facilitated the recovery of the aircraft.

“The drone was on a reconnaissance air mission when it developed a mechanical problem,” he stated.

This is not the first time Monusco has lost a Falco – on 20 October 2014, one of the aircraft crashed shortly after takeoff from Goma airport. Another was damaged in mid-January 2014 after it ‘slipped off the runway’.

The United Nations deployed five Falcos to Goma in December 2013 in the organisation’s first UAV deployment. After their first year of operations, they were described as proving themselves useful, giving Monusco a responsive, controlled, and timely source of information, particularly in terms of supplementing the force’s intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance efforts against the illegal activities of armed groups.

Thick forests, rugged terrain and the scarcity of roads on Congo’s eastern border with Rwanda and Uganda have complicated efforts by Monusco to control the area, and the addition of the UAVs means the UN can better monitor remote areas of the DRC and target rebel groups like the M23.

The UAVs have also saved lives – in May 2014, a Falco picked up images of people in danger after a boat capsized in Lake Kivu near Goma. Thanks to the alert, UN peacekeepers were able to intervene and 14 people were rescued, although at least one died.

The Falco is an unarmed, medium-altitude, medium-endurance UAV able to operate from semi-prepared airstrips. The aircraft has a range of 250 km which can be extended via optional upgrades.

The UAV has a 490 kg maximum take-off weight, including a 70 kg payload, and an operating endurance of up to 14 hours.

The larger Falco Evo, which first flew in 2018, has a payload capacity of up to 100 kg and an extended endurance of up to 18 hours. The Falco Evo replaced the smaller Falco in the DRC in 2019. Since 2018, the Evo has also been flying in Europe, supporting maritime surveillance, beginning with the European Frontex mission. Over 60 Falco UAVs are in operation around the world, according to manufacturer Leonardo (previously Selex).
https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/aerospace-aerospace/sandf-help-recover-crashed-un-uav-in-the-drc/

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2022
In 2015, Nigeria spent N4.9bn importing military gears and uniforms from Turkiye and elsewhere. In 2019,President Muhammadu Buhari invited the Turkish company to build a factory here in collaboration with DICON in Kaduna to produce 1.2m military gears annually. Here’s the result.

Before this new factory was built in Kaduna, existing military factories were revived to boost production locally in line with Executive Order 03 by President Muhammadu Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 7:25pm On Nov 09, 2022
More

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 7:27pm On Nov 09, 2022
Last

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:32pm On Nov 09, 2022
Odunayaw:

grin grin grin grin

I used to think his was a bot.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 7:51pm On Nov 09, 2022
Odunayaw:
Comrade wey just resubscribe him Canadian loud
Rather kenyan changa.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:54pm On Nov 09, 2022
MAJOR GENERAL IBRAHIM ALI COMMISSIONS OPERATIONAL VEHICLES, ACCOMMODATION IN BAUCHI.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:55pm On Nov 09, 2022
kabe1:
MAJOR GENERAL IBRAHIM ALI COMMISSIONS OPERATIONAL VEHICLES, ACCOMMODATION IN BAUCHI.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:58pm On Nov 09, 2022
Nigeria police deploys three songar UAVs to the front lines

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:14pm On Nov 09, 2022
Nigerian soldiers

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:17pm On Nov 09, 2022
This is the helicopter I thought the Nigerian army was going to get.

HAL DHRUV

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:22pm On Nov 09, 2022
Nigerian Air Force A-109 pilots

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2022
Faithful007:
And the crimes are only being committed by the illegal immigrants?

I never knew all SA men are innocent monks who keep the ten commandments judiciously.
My bru these crimes specifically are being committed by illegal immigrants since the border fence borders these farms and its very easy to see where wires are cut and out of which camps livestock is stolen....please use a little logic next time you muppet

Also these photos and the description of the operation was posted by the SANDF... Not me

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:41pm On Nov 09, 2022
IGpro1:

you actually make a point
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 3:03am On Nov 10, 2022
kabe1:
This is the helicopter I thought the Nigerian army was going to get.

HAL DHRUV

This helicopter is junk, Ecuador returned those they had bought and even the Indian military itself has issues with it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hindustantimes.com/india/ecuador-grounds-made-in-india-dhruv-chopper-terminates-contract/story-f6vT6lwzTxliJUS4nM1SFL_amp.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jWY1xMDgXo

Russia seems to be taking heavy losses

This video shows, imo, why drones are much more important than fighter jets. The Russians are under constant surveillance which allows Ukraine to counterattack
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 3:27am On Nov 10, 2022
QuietMynd:

undecided undecided undecided
Wats this thirst for stealth high end platform.
Because fighter jets are evolving. The days of dogfighting are gone. Now you have to kill before you are located. Stealth and advanced weaponry and targeting is more important than maneuvering.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:56am On Nov 10, 2022
PRESS RELEASE

INSECURITY: IGP ACQUIRES, DEPLOYS 3 ASISGUARD SONGAR ARMED DRONES TO STRATEGIC LOCATIONS

The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba has acquired three (3) high-powered Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) for improved armed surveillance operations to checkmate criminal activities in the country as a further manifestation of the IGP's determination to integrate the use of innovative technology in the law enforcement duties of the Nigeria Police Force.

The newly acquired drones will surely assist the Police in monitoring active crime scenes, coordinating response operations, and providing armed aerial support to officers on reconnaissance operations.

The 3 newly acquired UAVs are rotary wing aircrafts capable of flying up to an altitude of 1000ft with high operational endurance and capacity of firing at acquired threats and targets from reasonable distances. The Nigeria Police Airwing has equally concluded trainings for the operators of the drones in partnership with foreign experts who have been consulted for trainings and maintenance of the drones.

The IGP has directed the immediate, and strategic deployment of these drones based on necessity, while noting that three (3) more UAVs of the same specifications are still expected at the shortest possible time.

The IGP while reiterating the constant deployment and judicious use of the drones, ordered total clamp down on non state actors and criminals in Nigeria, and similarly warned criminal elements across the country to steer clear and turn a new leaf else the environment would not be conducive for them, and they may meet their waterloo soonest.

The Inspector-General of Police has further re-emphasized the firm determination of his administration to continue to explore the use of technology in the fight against crime and criminality while seeking full cooperation from members of the public on intelligence gathering and vigilance.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:57am On Nov 10, 2022

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:31am On Nov 10, 2022
jl115:
My bru these crimes specifically are being committed by illegal immigrants since the border fence borders these farms and its very easy to see where wires are cut and out of which camps livestock is stolen....please use a little logic next time you muppet

Also these photos and the description of the operation was posted by the SANDF... Not me

It makes sense that Saffer thieves would go to the farms on Lesotho border, cut the border fence and herd livestock to Lesotho!
Higher grade logic that's beyond us mere mortals' comprehension!
And of course, when they are apprehended, charges of illegal entry into SA are added to stock theft, just for shits and giggles!
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 10:29am On Nov 10, 2022
IGpro1:

Hard!!!!! cheesy

Don't blame the dude man. He is addicted to conspiracy theories and love writing whole page of jargons filled with beer palour stories he probably heard from his aunty, uncle, cousins, father and even ancestors. grin

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:49am On Nov 10, 2022
kabe1:
With the track record of NPF, I'm really scared of them having a weaponized drone

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 11:06am On Nov 10, 2022
Faithful007:
Because fighter jets are evolving. The days of dogfighting are gone. Now you have to kill before you are located. Stealth and advanced weaponry and targeting is more important than maneuvering.
What re u going to fight with it, if u miraculously lay ur hands on one

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2022
Odunayaw:
With the track record of NPF, I'm really scared of them having a weaponized drone

While the police is cleaning up, especially with the current name & shame, I agree with your concerns.

In the same Vien it is important that the Nigeria police adapts to the use of modern technologies.

They shouldn't be left out, as they are the first line of defense.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2022
kabe1:

While the police is cleaning up, especially with the current name & shame, I agree with your concerns.

In the same Vien it is important that the Nigeria police adapts to the use of modern technologies.

They shouldn't be left out, as they are the first line of defense.
True. It's long due for them to step up

But for a country where not too long ago we had to protest vigorously to close down a rogue unit.

I don't want to imagine some corrupt ones using this tech for under G

I hope the Ministry of Justice at least develop some framework for it's employment in an armed role
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 4:36pm On Nov 10, 2022
jl115:

I called BS on that crap you wrote blaming it on illegal immigrants. Farm attacks are a regular thing in SA and there's absolutely nothing of evidence that is being carried out by immigrants. You're the one who needs a little logic. Shit faced clown.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2685) (2686) (2687) (2688) (2689) (2690) (2691) ... (2849) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.