Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2762) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5992443 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) (2763) (2764) (2765) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:29pm On Mar 01, 2023
GreenandGold:

Exactly... your article shows that we no longer use the MBB Bo-105 👇👇👇 below, that's the one the Philippines need
Hmmm...something fishy here.
The fact that they're only looking for this chopper suggests a supplier has already been identified.
Second, speaking under correction but I think all of the decommissioned SAPS Bo-105s were acquired by Paramount?
Third, Paramount is doing extensive work in the Philippines.
Lastly, Paramount has some form when it comes to dodgy contracts.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:45pm On Mar 01, 2023
Lurker4Long:

God the rest of the country has to follow our lead in the Cape and kick out the ANC bums next year!

The ANC will get less than 50% of the votes, that's for sure. However, there's going to be a challenge with forming and keeping coalitions. The ANC could decide to team up with those noisy Red Berret people... Part of the agreements could be implementing their communist policies...

...but also, the Blue party of the Cape said they will not rule out a coalitions with the ANC as well to counter the Red Berret one.... It would be an unholy union... But what can we say.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:55pm On Mar 01, 2023
A novice reporter at The Economist once asked his supervisor how to write with the publication's "voice". The reply:
"Write as if you're god!"

That conceit lives on, with their condescending ranking of democracies from authoritarian to full.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:57pm On Mar 01, 2023
Lurker4Long:

Hmmm...something fishy here.
The fact that they're only looking for this chopper suggests a supplier has already been identified.
Second, speaking under correction but I think all of the decommissioned SAPS Bo-105s were acquired by Paramount?
Third, Paramount is doing extensive work in the Philippines.
Lastly, Paramount has some form when it comes to dodgy contracts.

Now that you mention it... you could actually have a valid story here. I mean Ivor Ichikowitz has done dodgy dealings with Iraq in the 90s.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 12:28am On Mar 02, 2023
Border security post made by DICON, I think DICON doing better than proforce it takes proforce years to introduce new systems
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 12:45am On Mar 02, 2023
How come nobody wants to post your new President-elect in Nigeria and potential Commander-in-Chief. Coming back to Nairaland after a while and actually surprised until now no one has. Is it the quiet in the land or the commentary we read from our fellow African brothers and sisters or the world.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:48am On Mar 02, 2023
Covert1:
How come nobody wants to post your new President-elect in Nigeria and potential Commander-in-Chief. Coming back to Nairaland after a while and actually surprised until now no one has. Is it the quiet in the land or the commentary we read from our fellow African brothers and sisters or the world.
Nothing stops you from posting Augustine.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 12:57am On Mar 02, 2023
In my humble opinion I see no light for Nigeria anytime soon. Not with injustice in the land.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:38am On Mar 02, 2023
Covert1:
In my humble opinion I see no light for Nigeria anytime soon. Not with injustice in the land.

Labour Party clearly won.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenOris: 7:46am On Mar 02, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

Labour Party clearly won.
In your dream, Peter stood no chance, he entered the race late and ignore the core north in his campaign, and one thing that brought him down is that most of his supporters are people that talk down on one Nigeria and call others derogatory names, but anyways what do i know

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:05am On Mar 02, 2023
GreenOris:
In your dream, Peter stood no chance, he entered the race late and ignore the core north in his campaign, and one thing that brought him down is that most of his supporters are people that talk down on one Nigeria and call others derogatory names, but anyways what do i know

K

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 8:42am On Mar 02, 2023
GreenandGold:

In a few decades, we will get there... we just need maybe 2 more 4000MW+ 💥 nuclear stations to complement the base load
not to mention the massive migration to solar energy by private households

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 8:44am On Mar 02, 2023
Lurker4Long:

God! the rest of the country has to follow our lead in the Cape and kick out the ANC bums next year!
I'm not a DA member, but I had no choice to vote for them due to their track record in my municipality.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 8:47am On Mar 02, 2023
GreenandGold:

The ANC will get less than 50% of the votes, that's for sure. However, there's going to be a challenge with forming and keeping coalitions. The ANC could decide to team up with those noisy Red Berret people... Part of the agreements could be implementing their communist policies...

...but also, the Blue party of the Cape said they will not rule out a coalitions with the ANC as well to counter the Red Berret one.... It would be an unholy union... But what can we say.
less than 40% is looking likely, last year I was guestimating that they would receive around 46-47% but then I saw an internal ANC poll that put itself at 37%......and that was before the Andre de Ruyters bombshell...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:23am On Mar 02, 2023
jl115:
I'm not a DA member, but I had no choice to vote for them due to their track record in my municipality.
In provincial and national elections, I always vote strategically for the largest opposition party regardless who they are nor their policies; unfettered power is never a good thing.
In local elections it always depends on the candidates.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:34am On Mar 02, 2023
jl115:
less than 40% is looking likely, last year I was guestimating that they would receive around 46-47% but then I saw an internal ANC poll that put itself at 37%......and that was before the Andre de Ruyters bombshell...
It's amazing how under-reported it was that the ANC's own poll put them at 37%. With coalition governments becoming the norm, we must amend the law to introduce things like minimum thresholds (5%) to formally participate in forming a govt.
The chaos at municipal level, where a party with 0.86% of votes now has the mayoralty of Joburg, cannot be countenanced at provincial and national levels.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:39am On Mar 02, 2023
jl115:

The coalitions will be what makes or breaks SA. The way its currently happening, I don't see it working well... Look at Tshwane and JHB Metro coalitions, they crumbled because the smaller parties were working for their own interests instead of working to fix their respective Metros. It is clear that the ANC bribed the smaller parties to swing toward their direction and boom the coalitions fell.

I read that the DA was working to create a clear coalition policy for the 2024 election, however, the smaller parties are in it for the loot.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:50am On Mar 02, 2023
Lurker4Long:

In provincial and national elections, I always vote strategically for the largest opposition party regardless who they are nor their policies; unfettered power is never a good thing.
In local elections it always depends on the candidates.
local I always vote DA...simply because of how well my municipality is run... In 2019 I felt the DA shot itself and had to be punished grin so I wasted my vote on a smaller party grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:51am On Mar 02, 2023
Lurker4Long:

It's amazing how under-reported it was that the ANC's own poll put them at 37%. With coalition governments becoming the norm, we must amend the law to introduce things like minimum thresholds (5%) to formally participate in forming a govt.
The chaos at municipal level, where a party with 0.86% of votes now has the mayoralty of Joburg, cannot be countenanced at provincial and national levels.
coalition governments have not worked in any metro so far....that's my biggest fear for 2024
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:52am On Mar 02, 2023
GreenandGold:

The coalitions will be what makes or breaks SA. The way its currently happening, I don't see it working well... Look at Tshwane and JHB Metro coalitions, they crumbled because the smaller parties were working for their own interests instead of working to fix their respective Metros. It is clear that the ANC bribed the smaller parties to swing toward their direction and boom the coalitions fell.

I read that the DA was working to create a clear coalition policy for the 2024 election, however, the smaller parties are in it for the loot.
as much as it pains me to say it but a DA ANC coalition will be the only way to put SA on the right path again
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 1:01pm On Mar 02, 2023
jl115:
as much as it pains me to say it but a DA ANC coalition will be the only way to put SA on the right path again

I would take the ANC+DA coalition at any given day over the ANC+EFF one because we all know what that means...

However, it will be very tricky... the DA would have to sit on some state ministerial positions where the ANC is currently looting... I fear for the safety of those DA ministers, imagine the looters being told they can't get dodgy deals because the DA minister does not play along, it opens a possibility for assassinations, especially poisoning.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:23pm On Mar 02, 2023
Let me drop this here.

Only one of SA Navy’s four frigates operational; no submarines serviceable

The majority of the South African Navy’s primary combat vessels are not operational, with the frigate SAS Mendi’s seaworthiness prioritised for Armed Forces Day and Exercise Mosi II.

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/featured/only-one-of-sa-navys-four-frigates-operational-no-submarines-serviceable/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:24pm On Mar 02, 2023
kabe1:
Let me drop this here.

The majority of the South African Navy’s primary combat vessels are not operational, with the frigate SAS Mendi’s seaworthiness prioritised for Armed Forces Day and Exercise Mosi II.

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/featured/only-one-of-sa-navys-four-frigates-operational-no-submarines-serviceable/

kabe1:

The South African Navy has just 1 operational ship.

The SANDF is a mess from top to bottom. inefficiency, inoperable, Sloppy, complete and utter disorganization.

That's a fact, deal with it.

...by the way it's torpedo, not topidos.

Don't be butt-hurt, with your 1 ship!! grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:36pm On Mar 02, 2023
jl115:
local I always vote DA...simply because of how well my municipality is run... In 2019 I felt the DA shot itself and had to be punished grin so I wasted my vote on a smaller party grin grin
I'm happy with how they run Cape Town, but on principle held my nose and voted for the biggest opposition in the council, which is ANC.
No party should ever receive more than 55% ever again. And with the DA at 67% in Cape Town, the arrogance of power has started creeping in.

As for our ward councillor, we were not impressed and because many DA higher-ups live in the neighbourhood, it was made very clear to them that if he was the nominee, the Ratepayers Assoc would put up an independent candidate who would win. They transferred him to Parliament and we got a better candidate for whom I could vote.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:38pm On Mar 02, 2023
STD strikes again!
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 2:51pm On Mar 02, 2023
kabe1:
Let me drop this here.

That 1 Frigate, can sink all the ships in the Nigerian Navy, and shoot down all the jets in your Air Force... it would literarily patrol your waters unchallenged.

You not having a single frigate or anti-ship missile is something you should worry about.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 2:59pm On Mar 02, 2023
Meanwhile, another frigate is being overhauled and refitted to an-ally assault some grown men. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 3:03pm On Mar 02, 2023
GreenandGold:

That 1 Frigate, can sink all the ships in the Nigerian Navy, and shoot down all the jets in your Air Force... it would literarily patrol your waters unchallenged.

You not having a single frigate or anti-ship missile is something you should worry about.

Imagine, with all the problems in his country, he goes around pointing out others'.
With SA permanently living rent-free in that pea-sized brain, can't be much space for anything else.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 3:10pm On Mar 02, 2023
GreenandGold:

From the pics, it's just junk metal kinda
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 3:25pm On Mar 02, 2023
davefurn:

From the pics, it's just junk metal kinda

Bring your ships and aircraft close to it and let's see if it's junk. cool

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:48pm On Mar 02, 2023
kabe1:
Let me drop this here.

kabe1:

The South African Navy has just 1 operational ship.

The SANDF is a mess from top to bottom. inefficiency, inoperable, Sloppy, complete and utter disorganization.

That's a fact, deal with it.

...by the way it's torpedo, not topidos.

Don't be butt-hurt, with your 1 ship!! grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:51pm On Mar 02, 2023
South African Air Force is just as Hopeless as the South African Navy

Major underfunding means that two of the most important helicopter types in the South African Air Force – the Oryx transport and Rooivalk attack helicopter – are largely grounded, with only a handful serviceable at present.

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/aerospace-aerospace/lack-of-maintenance-funds-hits-rooivalk-and-oryx-serviceability/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) (2763) (2764) (2765) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.