Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,463 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5987076 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:25pm On Aug 27, 2023
Nigeria acquiring Russian-made T-90 main battle tanks
These acquisitions signify Nigeria's strategic approach to assembling a versatile and capable military force.

https://www.military.africa/2023/08/nigeria-acquiring-russian-made-t-90-main-bbattle-tanks/?amp=1

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2023
kabe1:
These acquisitions signify Nigeria's strategic approach to assembling a versatile and capable military force.

https://www.military.africa/2023/08/nigeria-acquiring-russian-made-t-90-main-bbattle-tanks/?amp=1

stop posting this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:51pm On Aug 27, 2023
SuperSixSeven:

stop posting this nonsense.

Please apply decorum. Provide counter evidence or reasons why you feel it is not accurate.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:48pm On Aug 27, 2023
kabe1:

As dollars can't be used because of the US sanctions on Russia, what currency will Nigeria use to pay for these tanks?
The more I think of all the currency swaps Nigeria could do, like the Indian Rupee or the Chinese yuan, the more unlikely this deal is to go ahead.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:40am On Aug 28, 2023
Lurker4Long:

As dollars can't be used because of the US sanctions on Russia, what currency will Nigeria use to pay for these tanks?
The more I think of all the currency swaps Nigeria could do, like the Indian Rupee or the Chinese yuan, the more unlikely this deal is to go ahead.
Based one Lionel's contributions here, I don't know him to be a rumor mill.

But I can't see anything concrete in that blog post.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 7:20am On Aug 28, 2023
Odunayaw:

When Nigerian Military smacquires modern equipment they'll always tell you on this thread to provide evidence; this is not the QST time and it wouldn't be the last.
Same happened with the Tucano, attack helicopters and when we acquired the used T72,s.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:58am On Aug 28, 2023
bidexiii:

When Nigerian Military smacquires modern equipment they'll always tell you on this thread to provide evidence; this is not the QST time and it wouldn't be the last.
Same happened with the Tucano, attack helicopters and when we acquired the used T72,s.
What they? I postulated why I think the deal is unlikely so long as the currency restrictions on Russia remain. Do you have a counter argument to offer, or just content with taking down straw men?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:26am On Aug 28, 2023
Odunayaw:

Yep. The facts on Lionel's blog post do not support the conclusion he reaches. Here's why I say so:
1) The official Nigerian statements all date back to 2021, before the latest sanctions on Russia, which -to repeat - proscribe the use of the USD to pay for Russian goods;
2) It is not at all clear if the quoted "high-ranking military official" who reportedly made the comments at Army 2023 is Russian or Nigerian. If the former, well, he would say that, as they've been saying all sorts of things to show they're not isolated.
If the latter, the currency problem remains.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2023
kabe1:
@Jl115 has been arrested in Abuja while trafficking drugs.

grin grin grin
grin grin grin same age though
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
jl115:
grin grin grin same age though

grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2023
bidexiii:

The T72 was a shady from a procurement era we want to quickly forget

The Tucanos and AH had handwriting on the walls. Reputable sources on Twitter even our own Toju reported it

Well, time shall tell

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
GreenandGold:

Your system needs to be tested by the 16 security lights I have outside during Stage 6 load-shedding + my 1000w gaming PC and a girlfriend who is constantly hair-drying her every evening. grin

On a serious note though, I envy you and your municipality, mine is pure rubbish, in fact, I'm even entertaining the idea of living in a farmstead for the first time in my life as long as I won't have to pay those id#ots any fees.
Pah! My system allows me to choose to be completely off-grid, with more than enough to feed back to the City (and get paid for it grin)
I have 40 hours of reserve power in those 4 batteries, and seeing that I can run my 300L geyser, home server for work, another server for crypto-mining and all other appliances, your gaming PC, hair dryer and security lights seem puny.

Really though, when we had enough of the ANC, we chucked them out. Mind you, they were not fvcking up (Cape Town has a bureaucracy that pretty much runs the City regardless of whatever political party), but they were not progressing. We know we have one of the best cities on the planet, and require stewards fully on board with that sentiment.

Our bonds division trades in municipal bonds all over the continent, so I recently went on an SA road trip (away from PowerPoint, one has to see for oneself); it's scary out there.
Cape Town, Maputo, Luanda, Nairobi, Casablanca, Algiers, Tunis, Accra, and Dakar remain the only municipal bonds with which we're comfortable. Cape Verde, Botswana and Mauritius we've swapped City bonds for country ones.

We used to hold bonds for all SA issuing metros, a third of the over 30 African cities tradable.
Now look at my list and the mega-cities absent!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2023
@all

Please tell me what you think about this uniform. I think they call it No 4.

I actually find it ugly and unbefitting of our service men. Also, the very fact I have not seen it on officers in other parts of the world, makes me wonder why our men and officers in all the military and paramilitary services wear it.

What's worse, it appears to be so common among our officers.

@SouthAfricans

Do your officers wear this? Can you show me pictures of officers in other part of the world wearing the same thing?

I think the worst of them all is the army's because of the colour.

Aside this particular uniform, all the others are fine, in my opinion.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 3:49pm On Aug 29, 2023
More

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CaptainStephen(m): 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2023
MiddleDimension:
@all

I actually find it ugly and unbefitting of our service men. Also, the very fact I have not seen it on officers in other parts of the world, makes me wonder why our men and officers in all the military and paramilitary services wear it.

@SouthAfricans

Do your officers wear this? Can you show me pictures of officers in other part of the world wearing the same thing?

I think you should do more findings bros.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 7:48am On Aug 30, 2023
Bacteria8:
Gabon is next.

From Omar Bongo 42years as President and now his son Ali Bongo since 2009....both backed by the France imperialism machine.

One by one, the FrenchAfrique will be liberated grin

Looks like I'm a prophet 😅😅😅

12 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 11:15am On Aug 30, 2023
Bacteria8:

Looks like I'm a prophet 😅😅😅
Well, they can't blame Wagner now then

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2023
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2023
Lurker4Long:

Cape Town, Maputo, Luanda, Nairobi, Casablanca, Algiers, Tunis, Accra, and Dakar remain the only municipal bonds with which we're comfortable. Cape Verde, Botswana and Mauritius we've swapped City bonds for country ones.

We used to hold bonds for all SA issuing metros, a third of the over 30 African cities tradable.
Now look at my list and the mega-cities absent!

You should have added "we don't deal with peasant cities like yours", I was not even going to take offence grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2023
davefurn:

Well, they can't blame Wagner now then

Wait small sir...
You will soon see the association of Yankee citizens on Nairaland come out here and say

" It is Wagner propaganda"
"Russia propaganda is working on over time"
Yada yada yada grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:42pm On Aug 30, 2023
Algeria is proposing 6months transitional government to restore democracy in the Niger Republic.

The transitional council would be led by a Civilian.

It means President Bazoum and Military General Tchiani will step down.

Tchiani has not responded to the offer.

Algeria is seeking a UN Conference to pursue this proposal.

Foreign policy is moribund in Nigeria's political language
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
MiddleDimension:
@all

@SouthAfricans

Uniform No 4 was originally tailored to be worn with a "Sam Browne" belt. The decline of this country in all conceivable aspects began noticeably with Sani Abacha.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 12:46am On Aug 31, 2023
Bacteria8:
This vegetable has been ruling Cameroon since 1982...15 solid years before I was born grin

The Western countries are cool with him...since he plays their ball.

He won the last "election" with numbers more than what is on the voter's register grin grin grin
Nobody is saying anything... because its a favorable regime to the interest of the Western masters.

Just wait till a military coup removed him...then boom! Sanction upon sanction grin
With the pretentious noise for "democracy" and "rule of law"

Lol grin grin

Another one of my prophesies is about to come to pass cheesy cheesy cheesy

If he like he can reshuffle every damn thing... But its all about time now. No one can stop the idea who's time has come.

No single FrenchAfrique will live beyond 2025 insha Allah grin grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:45am On Aug 31, 2023
Bacteria8:

Another one of my prophesies is about to come to pass cheesy cheesy cheesy

If he like he can reshuffle every damn thing... But its all about time now. No one can stop the idea who's time has come.

No single FrenchAfrique will live beyond 2025 insha Allah grin grin grin
Amen

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 4:27pm On Sep 05, 2023
Since KDF pictures are hard to come by these days, I'll post president elect motorcade on his way to being sworn in last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOyONcSXl4M

And another one where the president drove himself in an all electric motorcade yesterday to Africa Climate Summit conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOc0Pp99tIo

PS: Those tiny electrics should not be sold in Africa, what the hell is that grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 12:06am On Sep 06, 2023
According to this article, Myanmar is having a lot of problems with it's J17 to the point that they grounded them soon after purchase

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/4746568.html

Is Nigeria having the same issues with it's jets?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 12:11am On Sep 06, 2023
Fidha254:
Since KDF pictures are hard to come by these days, I'll post president elect motorcade on his way to being sworn in last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOyONcSXl4M

And another one where the president drove himself in an all electric motorcade yesterday to Africa Climate Summit conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOc0Pp99tIo

PS: Those tiny electrics should not be sold in Africa, what the hell is that grin

Nigerians are probably wondering to themselves, "How comes they have such good roads in Kenya and yet on paper Nigeria is richer"
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by abbati19: 12:40am On Sep 06, 2023
Tinfoil:
According to this article, Myanmar is having a lot of problems with it's J17 to the point that they grounded them soon after purchase

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/4746568.html

Is Nigeria having the same issues with it's jets?

I think their jf 17 is block one while ours is block two

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 9:05am On Sep 06, 2023
Tinfoil:

Nigerians are probably wondering to themselves, "How comes they have such good roads in Kenya and yet on paper Nigeria is richer"
I believe you are drunk.

Do I need to start posting roads hear for you to know how stupid you sound?

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by IGpro1(m): 4:56pm On Sep 06, 2023
iblawi:
I believe you are drunk.

Roads in Akwa ibom alone will make him realise how stupid he is.
He's among those africans being deceived by Western Media.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2023
iblawi:
I believe you are drunk.

He's just looking for attention. Ignore him pls.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 8:50pm On Sep 07, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) (2815) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.