Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,774 members, 7,831,489 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5987132 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2023
MiddleDimension:

Why don't you bring this to Nigeria and make a business out of it? You will become rich over night, even richer that the Openheimers and the owners of your largest minerals company
I am not in the solar pv business. That reference to "independent power producer" is because households with residential solar Pv can now sell excess power back to the city of Cape Town.
Our company does however, finance any company willing to venture elsewhere on our continent if it meets our criteria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 8:17pm On Aug 21, 2023
The Nigerian Army has taken delivery of another batch of SH5 105mm Self Propelled Howitzer and SH2 122mm Self-propelled Howitzer vehicles from Chinese Defense Industry, NORINCO.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:49pm On Aug 21, 2023
MiddleDimension:

Why don't you bring this to Nigeria and make a business out of it? You will become rich over night, even richer that the Openheimers and the owners of your largest minerals company
@Lurker4Long you keen on becoming my business partner in Nigeria? grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:29am On Aug 22, 2023
jl115:
@Lurker4Long you keen on becoming my business partner in Nigeria? grin
You have a business here already?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 6:23am On Aug 22, 2023
Odunayaw:
You have a business here already?
naa but im keen wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:51am On Aug 23, 2023
Off-topic: when I walked my dog this wintry morning.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:44am On Aug 23, 2023
Lurker4Long:
Off-topic: when I walked my dog this wintry morning.

SA?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 11:20am On Aug 23, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

SA?
Yes, Cape Town to be specific.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 3:47pm On Aug 23, 2023
Lurker4Long:
OFF-TOPIC

GreenandGold, Jl115, almost forgot: cool

I have been energy secure for a week now. On the weekend, in winter with 95% cloud cover, I was still producing 5 times my daily consumption.
From November 01, I become an "independent power producer", as I'll start selling all the extra power generated to the City of Cape Town!
If you don't mind, how much did it cost you to install panels plus battery. Want to compare the prices with over here.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2023
Algeria Denies French Planes Passage To Attack Niger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N11oJXigXn0

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2023
Flanker:
Algeria Denies French Planes Passage To Attack Niger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N11oJXigXn0

I pray Nigeria is not dragged into this war either by proxy or by using our airspace for staging any attack has a major player in ECOWAS.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2023
Fidha254:

If you don't mind, how much did it cost you to install panels plus battery. Want to compare the prices with over here.
Best way to do a comparison is to list the components:
- 2 x 10Kw inverters;
- 4 x 5kw batteries;
- 18 x 550w solar panels.
That plus installation, certificate of compliance by an electrician and VAT came to ZAR 180 000 (USD 10 000).

There are much cheaper options; I opted to supersize mine cos:
1) I can sell the extra power to the City Council and recoup the cost for the system in 5/6 years;
2) the govt is offering a tax rebate of ZAR 15 000 (which I'm deducting on my tax return this year) for solar panels.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 7:40pm On Aug 23, 2023
Earlier this week Wagner PMC Group leader Yevgeny Prigozhin appeared in video lauding the group's efforts on the African continent. "Wagner makes Russia even greater on all continents, and Africa – more free."

Today Russian state owed media TASS reported that a plane crashed in the Tver region (Russia), it is reported 10 people were killed. According to the passenger list, the first and last name of Yevgeny Prigozhin was included in this list.

https://tass.com/emergencies/1664311

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:46pm On Aug 23, 2023
SuperSixSeven:
Earlier this week Wagner PMC Group leader Yevgeny Prigozhin appeared in video lauding the group's efforts on the African continent. "Wagner makes Russia even greater on all continents, and Africa – more free."

Today Russian state owed media TASS reported that a plane crashed in the Tver region (Russia), it is reported 10 people were killed. According to the passenger list, the first and last name of Yevgeny Prigozhin was included in this list.

If true, good riddance to bad rubbish. "Africa more free", my arse. Purported video here:
https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1694397010680361239?s=20
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AskiaHarem(m): 12:58am On Aug 24, 2023
SuperSixSeven:

It was only a matter of time till he bit the dust. Everybody new his days where numbered including himself.

Plot twist he faked his death not really being on the plane and is now on his way to a log cabin to live out the rest of his life in the wilderness.🙃

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 11:50am On Aug 24, 2023
BRICS expansion sees Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt, Ethiopia and UAE welcomed into the network

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:10pm On Aug 24, 2023
Lurker4Long:
BRICS expansion sees Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt, Ethiopia and UAE welcomed into the network

Can't wait for Nigeria to join also.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2023
Lurker4Long:
What do you think about seeing Iran & Saudi joining

Future trouble?

Ah, throw in Egypt
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2023
Lurker4Long:
OFF-TOPIC

GreenandGold, Jl115, almost forgot: cool

I have been energy secure for a week now. On the weekend, in winter with 95% cloud cover, I was still producing 5 times my daily consumption.
From November 01, I become an "independent power producer", as I'll start selling all the extra power generated to the City of Cape Town!

Your system needs to be tested by the 16 security lights I have outside during Stage 6 load-shedding + my 1000w gaming PC and a girlfriend who is constantly hair-drying her every evening. grin

On a serious note though, I envy you and your municipality, mine is pure rubbish, in fact, I'm even entertaining the idea of living in a farmstead for the first time in my life as long as I won't have to pay those id#ots any fees.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2023
Lurker4Long:

Oh well, I guess that will defuse that awkwardness when China and India have to stare at each other in the 4-member meeting grin grin

.....but I don't think Iran is a good idea, I know they have oil but they're too much of a political liability.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 7:33pm On Aug 24, 2023
bidexiii:

Can't wait for Nigeria to join also.

Why ? Of what benefit are they to us right now ?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:27pm On Aug 24, 2023
Bacteria8:

We stand to gain alot, enough with these western/European masters, we've benefited nothing.
Despite the hardship, they're still putting us through modern slavery. Together the BRICS members have used their collective voice to call for a world that is more equitable, balanced and governed by an inclusive system of global governance.
It has enabled countries like South Africa to have a strategic relationship with China. Since 2010, the Chinese leaders are striving to be more proactive to shape the global trends for the next stage of its development.
From 2006 till 2016, according to the International Trade Centre, the China-Africa trade increased from $55.4bn to $144.6bn. As for its stock of foreign investments in Africa, it increased from $2.6bn in 2006 to $34.7bn in 2015, according to data from the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and the Chinese National Bureau of Statistics.
We stand to gain alot in terms of increase in infrastructure, technology transfer, commerce & trade and also help with cheap labour etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2023
bidexiii:

We stand to gain alot, enough with these western/European masters, we've benefited nothing.
Despite the hardship, they're still putting us through modern slavery. Together the BRICS members have used their collective voice to call for a world that is more equitable, balanced and governed by an inclusive system of global governance.
It has enabled countries like South Africa to have a strategic relationship with China. Since 2010, the Chinese leaders are striving to be more proactive to shape the global trends for the next stage of its development.
From 2006 till 2016, according to the International Trade Centre, the China-Africa trade increased from $55.4bn to $144.6bn. As for its stock of foreign investments in Africa, it increased from $2.6bn in 2006 to $34.7bn in 2015, according to data from the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) and the Chinese National Bureau of Statistics.
We stand to gain alot in terms of increase in infrastructure, technology transfer, commerce & trade and also help with cheap labour etc.

Sounds fair.

However, I hope that we don't end up giving more than we receive. The international playground is not a charity organization. Everybody always wants something.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 6:52am On Aug 26, 2023
Lurker4Long:

Best way to do a comparison is to list the components:
- 2 x 10Kw inverters;
- 4 x 5kw batteries;
- 18 x 550w solar panels.
That plus installation, certificate of compliance by an electrician and VAT came to ZAR 180 000 (USD 10 000).

There are much cheaper options; I opted to supersize mine cos:
1) I can sell the extra power to the City Council and recoup the cost for the system in 5/6 years;
2) the govt is offering a tax rebate of ZAR 15 000 (which I'm deducting on my tax return this year) for solar panels.

Thanks for this, I asked someone for an estimate and theirs was like $17,000 and the solar panels weren't that many. These middlemen cry

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2023
> Large, global banks use Swift, or the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication, to communicate with each other and facilitate currency trading between banks.

> With 88% of international transactions conducted in U.S. dollars (6% Euro and 3% Yuan), and the dollar accounting for 58% of global foreign exchange reserves.

> BRICS aims not to replace the international payments system, which includes SWIFT, but will consider options to create a system that strengthens trade in local currencies.

> The new alliance of emerging economic powers would bring together 45% of the world's population and 37.3% of world GDP, a figure that surpasses the G7 which owns 29.9% of GDP.

> China states that it has no hegemonic intentions, neither economic nor geopolitical. But the moment BRICS will abandon the economic objective of the project and adopt a geopolitical one, the first problems will appear.

> One example is India and China, countries whose economic and strategic interests have often found themselves on a collision course. It should also not be forgotten that India is part of the QUAD (India, Japan, Australia and the USA), an alliance designed precisely to deter China's military ambitions in the Indo-Pacific.

> Another example is Saudi Arabia, it is almost impossible to imagine that Riyadh and Tehran, (both in a proxy conflict in Jemen), will identify a common denominator common to turn the resumption of relations into a geopolitical alliance.

> Another example among the states that could join BRICS is Egypt and Ethiopia - states currently on the edge of military confrontation.

> In all this climate, the G7 *, although it does not have the numbers on its side, still has the advantage of cohesion, homogeneity, collaboration at the political level and above all of common strategic interests between the member states.

BRICS has all the cards on the table, but the main obstacle to the emerging powers comes from within and not from outside.

* The G7 is an informal bloc of industrialized democracies - the United States, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, and the United Kingdom (UK) - that meets annually to discuss issues such as global economic governance, international security, and energy policy.)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:56pm On Aug 26, 2023
Fidha254:
Thanks for this, I asked someone for an estimate and theirs was like $17,000 and the solar panels weren't that many. These middlemen cry
If you would like I can share a DIY Solar Telegram group I am in

At least if you don't DIY you'd gain solid knowledge of what is what in setting up your bank
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2023
Odunayaw:
If you would like I can share a DIY Solar Telegram group I am in

At least if you don't DIY you'd gain solid knowledge of what is what in setting up your bank
Why not, I went on a little DIY rabbit hole when I was setting up one for a borehole but that wasn't that hard.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:45pm On Aug 26, 2023
Fidha254:
Why not, I went on a little DIY rabbit hole when I was setting up one for a borehole but that wasn't that hard.
Click here

Edit:

Either quote this and extract the link in the message.
OR
Click the link and let it proceed to Google. The first search option is the group.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 10:10pm On Aug 26, 2023
Bacteria8:

I for one prefer a multipolar world were a single block isn't in control or able to weaponize their currencies, trade, platform, etc.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 10:14pm On Aug 26, 2023
GreenandGold:

Oh well, I guess that will defuse that awkwardness when China and India have to stare at each other in the 4-member meeting grin grin

.....but I don't think Iran is a good idea, I know they have oil but they're too much of a political liability.

They bring way more than just oil. You forget the Iran is basically the Shia Muslim powerhouse with influence that stretches far. Throw in the fact that they can influence things at the Strait of Homuz, a major shipping line, especially for energy. I think Iran's inclusion makes sense.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:13pm On Aug 27, 2023
@Jl115 has been arrested in Abuja while trafficking drugs.

grin grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:14pm On Aug 27, 2023
kabe1:
@Jl115 has been arrested in Abuja while trafficking drugs.

grin grin grin

It can't only be Nigerians trafficking drugs in South-Africa.

Nice change of pace. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) (2812) (2813) (2814) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.