Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,911 members, 7,863,143 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:10 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2848) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6033650 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) (2851) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:01am On May 26
FPV and Drone drop tactics currently used in the war in Ukraine is not new.

Infact the Nigerian Air Force might have pioneered this concept.

Nigerian Air Force made drone in 2017 armed with an RPG.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:02am On May 26
Nigerian Air Force Aerial Display

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 1:25pm On May 26
kabe1:
FPV and Drone drop tactics currently used in the war in Ukraine is not new.

Infact the Nigerian Air Force might have pioneered this concept.

Nigerian Air Force made drone in 2017 armed with an RPG.
Back then, when OP Inherent Resolve was in full swing, ISIS used to drop grenades with repurposed drones. That was around 2015 or so.

It was always a thing, but it think it was first demonstrated by ISIS.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 5:54pm On May 26
I think the us is the most dominant force across all domains (land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace).

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ElijahOkoh(m): 8:53pm On May 26
kabe1:
Nigerian Air Force Aerial Display
The only arm of service

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:40am On May 27
Nigerian Air Force Day Aerial Display 2024

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:41am On May 27
kabe1:
Nigerian Air Force Day Aerial Display 2024

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:07am On May 27
Nigerian Air Force

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AskiaHarem(m): 4:12am On May 28
NTSA:
I think the us is the most dominant force across all domains (land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace).

Nah for real ya โ€œthinkโ€? grin๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:24am On May 28
*WESTERN NAVAL COMMAND COMBINED SEA EXERCISE *

On 27 May 2024, the Western Naval Command (WNC) of the Nigerian Navy (NN) hosted a Combined Sea Exercise 16nautical miles South-West of Lagos Fairway Buoy. Four Navies participated in the Exercise as follows:

NNS KANO ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ(Nigerian Navy)
BNS APA ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท (Brazilian Navy)
ITS BETTICA ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น (Italian Navy)
SP FUROR ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ (Spanish Navy)
The Exercises conducted were;
PASSEX
Form 1 and
Form D
The Ex which were a rehearsal for the forthcoming Regional Maritime Exercise (REMEX) commenced at about 1230 and was concluded at about 1330.
#NigerianNavy
#OnwardTogether
#NN@68

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:25am On May 28

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 9:57am On May 28
Faithful007:
President Ruto of Kenya visits the US on a State visit. This is the first State visit of an African leader in 16 years since John Kufuor of Ghana in 2008.

President Biden will also designate Kenya a major non-NATO ally during the visit. Kenya will become the second country in Africa after Morocco to have such relationship with the US.

In 2018 President buhari of Nigeria had an official visit to the United States under the request of donald trump, so I don't understand the part where you said ( since 2008 ) and I took note of how happy you are while typing this nonsense

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 11:07am On May 28
MAN1960:

In 2018 President buhari of Nigeria had an official visit to the United States under the request of donald trump, so I don't understand the part where you said ( since 2008 ) and I took note of how happy you are while typing this nonsense
check the difference

State Visit: It involves elaborate ceremonies, state dinners, and military honors. These visits are planned well in advance and serve to solidify strong ties between two nations.

Official Visit: Similar to a state visit but with a slightly less formal program. It's typically made by heads of government to discuss bilateral relations, economic cooperation, or other important topics.

Working Visit: A more focused visit aimed at addressing specific issues or attending conferences and international events. Working visits involve meetings with government officials and experts but have less emphasis on ceremony.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 11:14am On May 28
Faithful007:

I won't trade words with you. I clear things the very last time and won't be responding to you anymore.

I never disagreed with your trade points at all but only for suggesting that the MNNA is a facade (Which I bolded in my response). Military assistance has always been a US diplomatic tool for a long time and there's absolutely nothing wrong with accepting assistance/guarantees when you have security challenges to fill. There are many US allies that have developed economies but still use US military assistance because they understand the mutual benefits. Everything should not be pushed into a colonial narrative.

Israel still relies heavily on US military aid, Singapore as well, South Korea, Canada and so on. It is also economically wiser (In terms of PPC) to do so. These countries have the ability to pursue their own defense industry, but it is just economically unwise. A country that tries to do everything on its own will find little room for growth.

And besides this is primarily a military page not one for economics.

This is why this countries don't have defense industries, tell me why France refuses to buy American jets because the US will use it as an opportunity to kill your home grown defense industry by doing so it makes you over dependant on the US which makes you a good vasal
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 5:54pm On May 28
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 6:33pm On May 28
Fidha254:
Those were my sentiments too, this has the potential to benefit Kenya more on the long term than the other stuff.

I will repost a story I had posted before about a Kenyan Company called STL

And now with the seal of approval by US government and government-to-government agreement, it means more US and even EU companies won't have to worry about security concerns of tech from Kenya or long-term partnerships being disrupted because of politics.

Last pic is Gearbox inspecting the first pieces of Rasberry Pi production in Kenya.
Wow, so raspberry PI is produced in Kenya.
Is this new or it has been produced for a while in kenya.
This is the industry we need to develop in Africa.
Not coupling electronic together alone
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 8:55pm On May 28
MAN1960:

This is why this countries don't have defense industries, tell me why France refuses to buy American jets because the US will use it as an opportunity to kill your home grown defense industry by doing so it makes you over dependant on the US which makes you a good vasal
MAN1960:

Listen man. If you must question me, do it politely. Thank you.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 8:57pm On May 28
NTSA:

check the difference

State Visit: It involves elaborate ceremonies, state dinners, and military honors. These visits are planned well in advance and serve to solidify strong ties between two nations.

Official Visit: Similar to a state visit but with a slightly less formal program. It's typically made by heads of government to discuss bilateral relations, economic cooperation, or other important topics.

Working Visit: A more focused visit aimed at addressing specific issues or attending conferences and international events. Working visits involve meetings with government officials and experts but have less emphasis on ceremony.

Exactly. Buhari's visit was an official working visit.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 10:12pm On May 28
Faithful007:

Listen man. If you must question me, do it politely. Thank you.

You are welcome
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:35am On May 29
African, European and American Special Forces assault an airport terminal during a simulated demonstration as part of Flintlock 24

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:37am On May 29
kabe1:
African, European and American Special Forces assault an airport terminal during a simulated demonstration as part of Flintlock 24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otOYCrSMmbo?si=oIAuc4MX80zdqI3f
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 6:37pm On May 29
They are using drones in the N.Sudan civil war the same way as ukraine. Warfare has evolved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IylHqRwYemI?si=f-MpmW8_0a47Dxxj
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 7:26pm On May 29
QuietMynd:

Wow, so raspberry PI is produced in Kenya.
Is this new or it has been produced for a while in kenya.
This is the industry we need to develop in Africa.
Not coupling electronic together alone
Manufacturing begun in Nov 2022
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 9:01pm On May 29
Kenya is in the process of joining Operation Gallant Phoenix, a multinational program promoting collaboration and sharing of terrorist information.
Gallant Phoenix allows allied nations not only to share intelligence on foreign fighter threats, but also to get that information back to their law enforcement and homeland security agencies so they have visibility on the movement of foreign fighters.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:10pm On May 30
Exercise Flintlock 24

Senegalese Special Forces and Ivorian Special Forces conduct room clearing.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:28pm On May 30
kabe1:
Exercise Flintlock 24

Senegalese Special Forces and Ivorian Special Forces conduct room clearing.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:29pm On May 30
Airport storming by African and European Special Forces, Exercise Flintlock 24

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 5:32pm On May 30
Can i order a pi from Kenya?
Fidha254:
Manufacturing begun in Nov 2022
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:33pm On May 30
kabe1:
Airport storming by African and European Special Forces, Exercise Flintlock 24

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:35pm On May 30
African and European Special Forces conduct Fastrope exercise during Flintlock 24

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:36pm On May 30
Exercise Flintlock 2024

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:39pm On May 30

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2845) (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) (2851) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kabe1 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.